main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Coming to Terms - Maybe. Opening/Last Line Challenge Entry & a prequel.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Coming to Terms ? Maybe
    Author: Jade eyes
    Fandom: Trek 2009
    Character: Audrey Pearce ? see note below
    Disclaimer: Borrowing, with affection.
    Summary: Prequel to my longish fic gift for Master Jay. Inspired by an idea of Kailene?s for J/J meeting after years apart, this shows how Audrey crushes over the debonair and fearless Kirk but since their careers have taken them in separate paths, she knows better than to pine ? :D

A/N: Response also to Opening/Last Line Roulette. Mine was:
    "Only in my dreams." Femme Fatale (2002)

~~~~~~~!!!!!

Audrey has some classes with Jim Kirk and watches him flirt and date casually. She even goes out to dinner with him a time or two. But she's a serious single-minded student on a career track for Intelligence. He says he is on the Command Officers track but she smirks and thinks silently that he's not disciplined enough and the only thing he's out for is a good time.

This is confirmed when he starts seeing Gaila: Audrey sighs wryly ... she's so totally not in the same league with that sexy and very ... "entertaining" Orion.

When the Enterprise crew meets and exceeds any and all expectations of the Fleet brass, Audrey has to admit she's very impressed. She is assigned to Fleet Intelligence -- one of the Sol sector's up-and-coming subdirectors of operations.

It doesn't take her long to climb up the ladder.

There's a lot to keep up with: sooner or later, everything -- even the whispers of rumors having to do with Andorians, Klingons, and Romulans (especially the latter two) runs by her desk. She becomes a skilled and invaluable strategist at covert and deep cover operations.

Audrey also keeps up with Starfleet scuttlebutt and also knows how to ferret how what's exaggerated and what's hard fact about the adventures of Kirk and crew. He and his crew pile up commendations and amazing achievements.

His record proves him to be turning into the finest Captain the fleet has ever had and his crew forged into a cohesive team who follow from staunch trust and respect.

Her male colleagues ask her for dates, but she consistently refuses.

In her dreams, even now, she wonders what it would have been like if she and Jim had kept their nascent relationship going.

She hears he's in a serious romance -- the most he's ever been -- with Christine Chapel. So she figures she had better chalk her time with him to a nice "could have been" ...

She is finally coming to terms with it -- two years after the conclusion of the Enterprise's initial five-year-tour when unforeseen circumstances bring Jim and she together ...

Fin ... for now.

Continued Elsewhere

LOL

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm not sure whether to giggle or not, knowing Audrey from Master Jay's drabbles. :p Well done, Deb, I love seeing how other authors write OCs that are not their own! :D

Continued Elsewhere

Yes...? [face_batting]

3. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I love it when we create our own characters and see others take them under their wing.

I love it!

Her male colleagues ask her for dates, but she consistently refuses.

In her dreams, even now, she wonders what it would have been like if she and Jim had kept their nascent relationship going.

You so have that right!

And yes Jim is the best Starfleet captain!

"Could have been?" Please Audrey, we all know he's right for you!

Yay! So glad to see this up!!! Can't wait for the actual fic!=D=[:D]

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Darn it, Jade, you've gone and hooked me again! [face_love]

I can't wait to see where this idea goes. I adore Audrey's voice; and I am a sucker for doomed pairings. (or not so. [face_batting]) I really feel for the girl here . . . always being fascinated from afar, but never . . .

Oh, this has the potential to be delicious!!!

[:D]

~MJ @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.