main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009/Doctor Who] "A Healin' Touch" - McCoy, Kirk, Doctor/Rose, vignette

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    ?A Healin' Touch"

Genre: Humor, Crossover
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: Post ST-XI
    Characters: Leonard "Bones" McCoy, The Doctor(Ten), other supporting characters (from each fandom, respectively)

Summary: "Jim, if that man's a Doctor, then I might as well start calling myself a Dentist!" Somewhere a few systems away from nowhere, the crew of the Enterprise encounters a blue box piloted by a madman with the ability to out-talk even Kirk and out-genius even Spock . . . who called himself the Doctor.

Notes: I actually started writing this a few months ago when I wrote a House/Star Trek cross-over called 'A Healin' Thing' for a RL friend, which is not posted at this site. Seeing as how I'm dealing with two sci-fi powers here, I figured that I would post this one to these boards. :)

Chim, dear, this one is also inspired by/your fault/for you. ;)

Disclaimer: Doctor Who is not mine. Star Trek is not mine. But! I have a whole slew of pictures from both fandoms in a pretty little slideshow that played the entire time I was writing this. So ha. Take that, the powers that be!

[i]"A Healin' Touch"
    by Mira-Jade[/i]

They are a few systems away from nowhere when the impossible pays her weekly visit with the crew of the [i]Enterprise[/i] once again.

In hindsight, it probably was a bad thing to lament the quiet state of the crew that had defined the days before the incident. Well, not that he had been [i]lamenting[/i], so much as [i]commenting[/i], really. And it all had been unspoken. Anything more would have been a sure way to invite disaster in on so many levels.

It had all started on a quiet Alpha shift at the beginning of a quiet day, at the end of a quiet week. The most exciting thing that the days before had offered them was a even drier than normal diplomatic dinner on the planet of Kimn (where the Prime Minster and his cabinet took great delight in sharing the intricacies of their Earth styled stamp collections.) Now McCoy, a Southern man in every sense of the word, normally wouldn't have minded the peace and quiet. Not one bit. What he did mind, however, was their Captain ? an overgrown child with a shiny toy at the best of times ? looking at the viewscreen every two seconds as if hoping that a Klingon armada would magically appear and take away the bored funk that he found himself in. And while McCoy would even allow the kid a bit of restless agitation, he was at his limit of how long he was willing to put into getting Jim to pay attention to his carefully drafted, and painstakingly detailed, budget report.

Really, while he knew that budgets may have been a new level of tedium that Kirk had [i]still[/i] not resigned himself to in his whole [i]year[/i] as the [i]Enterprise's[/i] Captain, but after the [i]hours[/i] (hours made worse by Chapel's nagging that he get the blasted-thing-done-already, and made tolerable by many a bottle of technically illegal Romulan ale) that he had spent on the report, Kirk could find it within himself to pay attention for twenty minutes to approve the blasted thing.

He had a flickering, fleeting strand of hope rise inside of him when Kirk's eyes focused on the PADD in his hands. The hope was just as quickly smashed when the kid ? and that was just what he was ? started to tap his fingers against the synthetic material in a bored manner. The eyes focused for one second . . . two . . . And then promptly refocused on an unfortunately pretty ensign who chose that moment to come onto the bridge.

McCoy made a frustrated sound through his nose. "You know, Jim, you don't have to read it. Just sign the damn thing," he finally snapped.

Kirk turned bemused blue eyes up at him. Plastered all over his face was the same expression that had gotten him out of trouble a time or two (or three) with the Admiralty. McCoy was immune to the face. (Truth be told, it had been known to make him violently angry on more than one occasion. Which, of course, Kirk knew.)

"Now, what kind of C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.