Story [Star Trek:2009] Enterprise Fragments - A 50 Sentences first! (Part deux, frame one)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, Mar 16, 2012.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. brodiew Force Ghost

star 5
    Author Note: These 50 sentences have been a long time coming. When this challenge was originally introduced, I gave it a try. And failed miserably. After 10-15 sentences, I was overwhelmed. This might sound strange, but each sentence is like coming up with a new drabble idea. Try thinking of 50 drabbles in a week. I don?t doubt it could be done, but the concept is/was daunting. However, over the last 3-4 weeks, I?ve put together these 50 sentences. I?m interested to hear what you think. Enjoy!

Star Trek: 2009 50 Sentence Challenge.

1. Acceptance

It may have started out as a ?why not, I?ll give that a try? decision, but once it was made Jim knew that the freedom he once enjoyed, however unsatisfying, was now gone.

2. Arrange

When Kirk first entered the room that would his home for the next three years, he dropped his bag on the bed, placed the picture of his mother in the drawer of his desk and nodded in satisfaction.

3. Askance

As McCoy accompanied Kirk to their Ethics class, the other cadet began to layout his plan to seduce their Vulcan professor.

4. Accoutrement

Leaning over the body of a fallen security man, McCoy reached for his medical tricorder only to find that it had been destroyed in the recent exchange of phaser fire.

5. Appropriate

?I?m not sure whether you think this course of action will enhance your career, or if you even care, but, if the benefit my experience means anything at all, set you seductive sights lower than the Admiralty.?

6. Appeal

It wasn?t that Nyota despised Jim Kirk, as some assumed, it was more that she merely would have to look harder than she wanted to to find a single redeeming quality in the man.

7. Almighty

?There is more in Heaven and on Earth than the desires of the almighty James T. Kirk!? Bones harangued to Kirk?s back as he pretended to study.

8. Abject

Though Pavel Chekov was a genius, he was still a teenager, which made social interaction with the female of the species that much more terrifying.

9. Abstruse

If there was one thing that Nyota didn?t understand, didn?t want to understand, could not care less about, yet had invaluable first hand experience in, it was quantum mechanics.

10. Archetypal

McCoy had heard of Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers, even The Doctor, but as he watched Kirk posturing in the mirror, he wondered if the kid?s delusions of grandeur might one day come true.

11. Bashful

Nyota blushed and turned away from his eyes the first time Spock touched her face.

12. Behoove

?I think for the sake of this friendship that you need to get your own room,? McCoy told Kirk one evening over drinks.

13. Because

McCoy never imagined that a man who maintained his body mind with such veracity could be such a slob.

14. Bizarre

In order to keep the only true friend he had at The Academy, Leonard McCoy agreed to a bizarre system of notification, disappearance, and timely reappearance when it came to Kirk?s nocturnal visitors.

15. Bearing

Jim?s third failure of the Kobayashi Maru determined the direction he knew he must take for victory to be assured.

16. Blight

In his first interaction with an unknown, yet hostile species, Kirk was not surprised when his counterpart called humans, much less, the greater, more diverse Federation, a spreading disease which would surely cripple then destroy the galaxy.

17. Beatific

When McCoy returned from class the find that the room had been completely reversed, his bed now on the right and Kirk?s on the left, the doctor knew that wherever his roommate was, he was smiling like a new born baby.

18. Bolster

In order to regain some of sense of assertiveness in his friendship with Kirk, McCoy decided to not only return the room to its original configuration, but also fold and put away all his dirty clothes, rearrange his study desk, and sabotage his chair.

19. Bulwark

?Listen, Bones, because I?m not going to say this again: ?There are two people in all of Starfleet that
  2. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Hikaru Sulu fully expected that his role in saving the Earth would overshadow ?the parking break? incident and save him a lifetime of grief.

He might be wrong about that :p

Great sentences!! I'm glad you posted them, and I'd love to see more if you find the inspiration!
  3. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    THEY'RE UP! [face_dancing][face_dancing]

Words cannot describe how happy I am that you finally tackled this challenge, my friend. It is definitely something I'd love to see more of from your muse.

Some particulars I enjoyed:

Arrange: I love how he keeps her picture in the drawer. A good way to say so much using so few words. =D=

Askance: [face_laugh] So very Kirk. :p

Appropriate: :oops: Oh Kirk . . . :rolleyes:

Appeal: [face_laugh] Yep, that was a thought plucked straight from her head. :p

Bashful: And this is what I love about this challenge - that so few words can pack such an emotional punch. You hardly said anything here, but it was a wallop of feeling, and I could envision the scene perfectly. [face_love]

Bolster: THESE TWO! Just . . . so much love. :p

Bulwark: [face_love] Great use of the prompt, there. =D=

Dicey: But no need to worry yet. :p

Ephemeral: I loved that you touched on so many sides of Kirk's character here. And again, great job with a tricky prompt. :)

Expect: With Kirk as Captain? :p [face_mischief]

Extent: And this sentence just said so much. The perfect way to wrap it up. [face_love]

=D=

~MJ @};-
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl