main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek: 2009] Enterprising Drabbles: Continuing Voyages-Updated 4/22/10!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Nice continuation of the budget-cut story. =D=

Keep this up and you'll have a full blown saga on your hands.

You now need to have some sort of Klingon or Romulan crisis pop up, made all the more difficult because of the budget cuts. :p

2. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Jade_eyes: I?m so glad you liked Christine?s appearance in this one. She may be back again soon. As for Spock/Nyota, see below!

Kynstar: thanks for reading, Kynstar. I appreciate it. I wanted to ham things up, but also make them serious. I hope that worked. I always worry when using Scotty. Never sure about the accent

BigE: Thanks, BigE! I didn?t continue the theme here, but I?ve plenty of angst and humor to go around.

Clandestine

?I don?t believe I understand the allure,? Spock said, as he was shoved into a supply closet on Deck 11.

?Be quiet or you?ll kill the mood,? Nyota responded while pressing him against the high shelves and her soft lips to his.

?Nyota,? Spock said, with an admonishing tone. ?This is not appropriate. We are bo-?

Her lips moved from his cheek to his neck, a spot she knew he could not ignore. She nipped, the sucked his pulse point, garner the physical reaction she desired. Taking a breath, she said: ?You weren?t about to say ?on duty?, were you??

?It is an inescapable fact,? he answered, a deepness in his voice previously not there.

?There are other duties that need to be addressed,? Nyota breathed taking hold of the hem of this uniform shirt and tugging it upward.

?I am intimately aware of your passion and spontaneity, Nyota,? Spock replied, short of breath. ?But this is a side of you I have not seen before.?

She stopped her ministrations to look him sternly in the eyes. ?Don?t over analyze and don?t make me explain. If I don?t get some reciprocation soon, you?ll be standing here alone with no shirt or pants.?

Spock?s hands rose and took hold of the hem of her skirt and pulled upward.

Foretelling

?I love her, Bones,? Kirk said matter of fact as he, McCoy, and Spock materialized on the jungle planet.

?Good for you, Jim,? McCoy responded, dully.

?I mean it,? Kirk reassured. ?My days of sowing oats are over.?

?Sowing oats, Captain?? Spock inquired still looking intently at his tricorder.

?He thinks he done mating with any woman with a pulse,? McCoy replied, quickly.

?It wasn?t anything with a pulse,? Kirk corrected. ?I have standards.?

?Gentlemen, the main manufacturing facility is .5 kilometers east of here,? Spock said, reminding them of their mission.?

Kirk started walking and the other officers fell in step with him. ?Jim, don?t make me bring up the Undari cadet whom you specifically said ?need-?

?-A glaring exception!? Kirk cut him off, keeping the damaging tale at bay. ?Did it ever happen again??

?Well, there was the brunette waitress who-?

?Okay! Okay! The point is: that?s all over now. Christine is the only woman for me.?

?Great,? McCoy added, stoically. ?You?ve gone from insufferable gigolo to lovesick puppy.?

?He has matured,? Spock commented.

?That? s not what I meant, Spock,? McCoy said. ?But I don?t expect either of you to get it.?

Kirk looked to Spock, who remained characteristically straight faced. ?That?s right, Spock. We wouldn?t understand. Being a grumpy divorcee who really needs to get??

?Shut it, Jim! I?m doing fine without a woman. I don?t have time for one anyway. Too busy.?

?Here we are,? Spock said.

?Time to go to work,? Kirk added.

?Let?s get it over with,? McCoy sighed.

Secondary

?I don?t understand why you are bringing this too me, Captain,? Sulu said, bewildered. ?Wouldn?t Lt. Uhura be a better judge??

?Listen, Hikaru,? Kirk said conspiratorially. ?I need another guy opinion. Is it ok that I call you Hikaru??

?Sure, Captain,? Sulu replied, still trying to make sense of the encounter.

?I decided to buy Christine a gift. Spock won?t understand its nurturing appeal. Bones will find the sound it makes annoying. Scotty gave me the idea. And, well, Chekov is just a kid.?

Kirk brought a small box from behind his back and presented it to Sulu. Sulu took it and immediately noticed that whatever was inside the box was moving. A muffled sound escaped from within.

Sulu eyed Kirk warily. ?

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Foretelling LOL LOL LOL!!!!

Secondary -- oops!!!!! :eek: [face_laugh]

Clandestine -- baby baby baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erm... thank you! A. Lot!!!!!!

Girlfriend's hungry!!!! [face_laugh]

So is Jade eyes!!!!!! [face_laugh]

=P~
    =P~
    =P~
    I have to borrow that little scene and expand it a bit. Sab and Ceillean have me on a steamy bunny kick and this fits right right in!!!
    [face_dancing]
    [face_dancing]
    [:D]
    Yeehaw!!!!

4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Clandenstine - Very unique view of Nyota's efforts to get Spock to give her some much needed affection.

Foretelling - Ah, the Kirk that we truly know, but now he says he's Christine's only; we'll see.

Secondary - Tribbles causing troubles again, eh.

Transparency - McCoy is cantankerous and Jim is trying to get him to come out of his shell.

Habitual - I think that McCoy is just being honest here. Very well done for each one! =D=

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Well done! =D= Well done indeed! So enjoyed these! Loved the bit with Uhura getting Spock to finally hush up! [face_laugh]

Kirk admitting to only one love now ([face_thinking] we'll see if that pans out... hehehe)

Poor McCoy :( he needs some time off and some relaxation of his own! Loved his POV log there. Gotta feel for the guy.

But my fave was the tribble! [face_batting] One of my fave episodes hehehe specially when it reacts so to Klingons [face_laugh] (Klingons are my fave race in the ST world :D )

Great work! Excellent job on the characters' personas :D @};-

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    These are great!! I especially love the one with Kirk, Spock and McCoy :D

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Buckle in, this is a rollercoaster ride of a review. ;)

But hey, I kinda owed you one. [:D]

[b]Gaila: Independence[/b]

Love this, love this, love this!!

Gaila was a fave character for me, and I love fics that dabble in her past. It had to be something rocky to inspire her to serve in Starfleet. [face_tongue] I loved the bonding you had here - the common ground on the racial issue. For Gaila those wounds were very fresh - not even very far in the past, and you exploited that well. :D

Fave line:

[i]?N-Nyota, It?s good to be free, you know. I actually love the Federation?more Starfleet. They rescued me. I don?t owe them anything, but somehow I want to serve.?[/i]

[face_love]

[b]Nero: Avarice[/b]

You almost have to feel bad for Nero and his madness. :( You showed how on the edge he was here. his pain was tangible. :(

[b]Pike: Insistence[/b]

[i]?Dammit Jim, you?re a Starfleet Captain, not a maverick!? Pike began without preamble. ?What the hell are you doing out there??

Kirk blinked and tried not to let his lip curl at the Bones-like comment. Coming from Pike with almost as funny as when McCoy did it.[/i]

Your characterizations are down pat. [face_applause]

[i]?Look at me, Jim. You were made for this command, but you still have a lot to learn. I?m glad the fighter is still in you. You?ll need him. But the wisdom and knowledge gained in your training temper him. Remember how you said the Romulan was cagey. I see some of that in you. Hold your cards close to the vest, not out in the open. Be prepared, but don?t always go with your feelings. Get me??[/i]

Perfect. Perfect. PERFECT. [face_applause]

Pike's words were spot on - as were Jims, for that matter. It is a tricky situation to be sure, and you explored both lines well. :)

[hr]

[b]Kirk: At the end of the Day[/b]

This whole scene was too cute for words. I enjoyed it imensely. I also like how you are not staying to the drabble constrainments. These ficlets are enjoyable as all get out. :D

[i]Christine smiled sweetly. She had heard, indirectly, from Dr. McCoy what happened. It was hard to miss the doctor ranting around sickbay throwing his hand about as if waving in a landing shuttle craft.[/i]

Once again, the lines like these make the characterizations perfect. [face_applause] They also make for a really enjoyable read, as well. [face_tongue]

[i]Oh god, yes. I should have known better than to challenge a Scotsman. He chewed me a new one, ?with all due respect, sir.? ?do you want the ship to fly apart, lad? One missing bolt and we?re flyin? in ceercles with only one nacelle!? Can you believe it? The drama of it all. I really need to go to sleep, Bones. Maybe I?ll have a dream of?Christine.?[/i]

LOL! I enjoyed delerious, annoyed Kirk as much as Christine did! That was adorable! [face_love]

[hr]

This week was my favorite yet!! [face_dancing]

[b]Clandestine[/b]: That was . . . hot. [face_love] And adorable, Spock trying to understand the logic of the whole thing was . . . well, enjoyable. *snicker*

[b]Fortelling[/b]: My favorite of the set! I'm not really sure where to start. I loved the banter, I loved the poking at Jim's relationships, I loved Kirk being whipped, and McCoy being bitter about the whole thing. I loved everything! [face_laugh]

I especially liked:

[i]?Great,? McCoy added, stoically. ?You?ve gone from insufferable gigolo to lovesick puppy.?

?He has matured,? Spock commented.

?That? s not what I meant, Spock,? McCoy said. ?But I don?t expect either of you to get it.?

Kirk looked to Spock, who remained characteristically straight faced. ?That?s right, Spock. We wouldn?t understand. Being a grumpy divorcee who really needs to get??

?Shut it, Jim! I?m doing fine without a woman."[/i]

Perfect! [face_applause]

[b]Secondary[/b]: LOL!!! At first, I loved the bonding tone of this ficlet, and then it was a tribble. OMG, but that was a great twist right there. [face_laugh]

[b]Transparency[/b]: Oh my goodness, but Bones was acting

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    About clandestine -- The logic of that sitch being, a lady could burst from the wanting. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    Melts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then really go into orbit from the having. [face_laugh]

[face_dancing]
    [face_dancing]
    =P~
    !!!!!!!!!!!

9. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I was recently able to watch Star Trek again and on blue ray with a fantastic sound system. It was awesome! That viewing inspired me to write a new set of ficlets. They are not film related. But another set of what you have seen before. I expect the next update to have more drabbles inspired by the film directly. It's been a while, I hope you enjoy these.

A Crew and a Captain Like Me

Captain James T. Kirk was drinking coffee?for a change. It was the morning of his maiden voyage as official Captain of the Enterprise. He carefully removed the cup from the replicator and took a tentative sip.

?So, Bones,? he began. ?Do you think this crew is ready for a captain like me??

Doctor McCoy sipped at his own steaming mug. ?Ask me again in six months, Jim. If we haven't been blown up, shot up, strung up, or brought aboard a virulent agent that kills us all, then yeah, we?re ready for you.?

?The question was rhetorical,? he replied, thoughtfully.

Call it Non-verbal Communication

No one ever accused Jim Kirk of being unobservant. Now that things had settled down, and that Spock and Uhura?s relationship was out in the open, Jim still seemed to be in a cold war with his communications officer.

It wasn?t that they hated each other. It was that Kirk was nosey and kept his hawk eye on her and his first officer while they were on the bridge. He wanted to catch them swapping meaningful looks; practicing their non verbal communication. How ever much fun it was, it was also voyeuristic, intrusive, and certain to further alienate them from him. He thought about letting it go.

I'm a Doctor, Not a Walking Punchline

?Dammit, Jim, lay off the jokes,? McCoy growled, after Kirk had cracked another one about his lack of a love life. ?I?m not in the mood.?

?That?s just my point, Bones,? Kirk replied, reassured. ?You?re grumpy. All the time. You need some lovin?.?

McCoy just stared. ?Did you really just say that to me? ?Lovin???

Kirk opened his hands, seeing no problem with the term. ?Look. Christine has a friend I want you to meet. She?s not in medical, so there would be no conflict of interest.?

?I don?t need you to set me up, Jim,? McCoy replied, wearily. ?I?m just concentrating on my career.?

Kirk laughed. ?You need my help more than I thought, Bones. You sound like a woman.?

Aggressive Negotiations

Kirk watched as the leaders of the two factions yelled and pointed fingers at each other. Each man was young and well built, strong looking and muscular. Though their diplomatic garb looked cumbersome, Kirk could tell that each man might fair well in a fight.

?The fact that you invited the Federation into our conflict shows that you and your people do not have confidence of victory,? yelled the red bearded man, dressed in purple, green, and yellow.

?It is not a lack of confidence, Krystian,? replied the clean shaven man dressed in orange, brown, and yellow. ?It is a desire to keep our world from destruction. But we will not lay down for you.?

Kirk stood, tired of the bickering. ?Why don?t you fight about it??

?Excuse me,? the diplomats said in unison.

?We have been fighting for years; even decades,? Krystian said.

?No,? Kirk declared. ?Why don?t the two of you fight it out??

At the Day's End

?It was improbable and highly illogical,? Spock said of Kirk?s unorthodox solution to the stalemate on Cassh.

?But it worked,? replied Nyota, sitting on the edge of her bed removing her stockings.

?That it did,? Spock said, unzipping his dress tunic. ?It is hard to believe that years of conflict could have been avoided by a fist fight.?

?Given the culture?s public gaming preoccupation, I think it harder to believe it wasn?t discovered sooner,? Nyota replied.

Spock sat on the bed next her. He was shirtless and bootless. She was still wearing her undergarments.

?But, I say we leave that behind us and open our own set of negotiations,? she added, touching his face and leaning in for a kiss.

?Ever

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A Captain Like Me -- classic. :D

The one about nonverbal communication -- he needs some action so he can stop watching Spock get his [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Aggressive Negotiations -- how middle ages [face_laugh] or American Western circa 1800 [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

At The Day's End

Squee! Squee!

I love the way you intersperse their dialogue with details about their ... intimate ease with one another. Totally un-self-conscious. :) :)
    I like that, like married folks but no where near complacent--in the mode of married folks ready and willing to have fun together ;) [face_love] It implies a permanence of commitment and joy in the passion.
    That snog of theirs at the end -- h.o.t.

[face_rapturous wriggle!]

=P~

100 buckets!!!!!!!!!!

Huggles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note to Mira_Jade -- can you imagine Spock in red swim trunks? [face_laugh] Oh lands! We need an icon! [face_laugh]

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    SQUEE!!!

Oh, it is a good day when there are drabbles from you. [face_love]

A Captain and a Crew Like Me

Doctor McCoy sipped at his own steaming mug. ?Ask me again in six months, Jim. If we have been blown up, shot up, strung up, or brought aboard a virulent agent that kills us all, then yeah, we?re ready for you.?

*spits out her own coffee*

That . . . that was a true friend. Telling it as is! And in such a McCoy manner. [face_laugh] Oh, that was perfect. =D=

Call it Non-verbal Communication

Just . . . aww! Aww, and Aww!

Kirk's growing up. [face_love]

I'm a Doctor, not a walking punchline!

?I don?t need you to set me up, Jim,? McCoy replied, wearily. ?I?m just concentrating on my career.?

Kirk laughed. ?You need my help more than I thought, Bones. You sound like a woman.?

And they sound like a married couple.

That was brilliant. [face_laugh]

Aggressive Negotiations

Different tactics. I like it. [face_thinking]

At The Days End

Even better . . . negotiating. [face_laugh] ;)

These were all brilliant, as a whole. [:D]

and [b]Jade_eyes[/b]: SQUEE!!!! [face_dancing] [face_love]

Um . . . ahem. [face_blush]

Anyway . . .

[b]~MJ[/b] [face_rose]

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I agree! Kirk and McCoy often remind me of married couples [face_laugh]

Well done! Great lil drabbs once again :D

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Brodiew -- I can never read your siggy now without [face_laugh] [face_laugh] How short were they? Nyota wants them to take a while. A long while. *thwack! for Je being naughty!* LOL

[face_mischief]

Nummy!

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I loved these!! The fistfight was great, but my favorite was:

?You need my help more than I thought, Bones. You sound like a woman.?

:D

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Would love to see more of these . . . [face_batting]

~MJ @};-

16. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Author note: Thank you to all who are continuing to read my Trek Drabbles. They have grown and are no longer drabbles as much as little ficlets. This newest set was inspired by a manga romance challenge which I discovered while trolling for themes. These are the first five of a list of twenty-five. I will be doing them sequentially, but not all twenty-five consecutively. I?ve recently been provided a rather fat list of new themes from friend and regular reader, mira_jade. Those will be shuffled in as I proceed. Thanks again for reading and I hope you?ll leave a review to let me know I?m doing something right. Enjoy!

#1 star gazing

When Jim didn?t find Christine in her quarters, he knew there was only two other places she might be; sickbay or the recreation center. He checked sickbay first just to be sure she was working overtime as she did from time to time. When he was not able to find her there, Bones shaking his head without looking up from his PAAD, he dashed down the corridor toward the rec center.

When the doors swished open, he scanned the room quickly left to right. He saw her standing at the viewport, hugging herself against a non existent cold. As he approached, he noticed a peaceful countenance. He relaxed that much further and placed a warm hand on her shoulder.

?What you looking at?? he said softly, smiling.

?I?m just taking in the view,? she replied. ?And waiting for you.?

Her fingers intertwined with his giving him a light squeeze.

?It?s been quite an adventure finding you,? he said. ?I?ve been all over the ship. I was this close to taking a shuttle outside.?

?Why didn?t you ask the computer? It?she knows.?

?But it wouldn?t have been as much fun.?

?You?re lucky you arrived in time, Jim. Stargazing only captured an idle mind for so long.?

She smiled enticingly and snaked and arm around his waist, snuggling more closely to him.

?But there?s so much to see,? he said, raising a hand to indicate the vastness of space.

?Indeed there is?? she breathed letting her hand slide to the top of his rear end.

?Well that?s about all the stars I need to see,? he said quickly, letting out a startled breath. ?Shall we head back to my quarters??

?But I haven?t had dinner yet,? she pouted. ?And I was hoping for a movie afterward.?

Jim?s enthusiasm lessened visibly as he saw her lower lip protrude that much further. ?A movie??

?And drinks before dinner,? she said nodding her head voraciously.

Kirk furrowed his brow and regarded her suspiciously. ?Wait a minute. Something?s fishy here.?

Christine?s laugh was musical. ?There sure is. But you should have seen your face, Jim.?

?Ha. Ha,? he replied. ?So we?re off to your quarters then??

?After dinner,? she deadpanned.

#2 love letters

?Why the long face,? Chekov whispered from his navigation station. ?Another transmission from Cindy??

Sulu nodded wordlessly trying not to create unwanted attention.

?Aren?t you supposed to be happy to get communications from your girlfriend?? Chekov pressed.

Sulu slightly inclined his head and slid his eyes in Chekov?s direction. ?Not here, Pavel. This isn?t bridge talk.?

?I cannot think of a better time to talk about your love life than now,? Chekov replied. ?It is a boring shift. Not much else to do.?

?The captain has a knack for commenting on all relationships he?s aware of; shipboard or not. I?d rather keep Cindy off his scanners.?

Sulu felt a hand clap him on the back. He looked up to see Captain Kirk?s blue eyes alive with the energy of potential gossip.

?Cindy?? Kirk said, grinning. ?Is this the senior cadet at the Academy I?ve heard about? Tell me everything, Hirkaru.?

Sulu shot Chekov a glare and turned a smile to the captain. ?Yes, Sir. That?s her.?

#3 moonlight walks

Captain?s log: Stardate whatever. Computer, fill it in.

I have just returned from an awesome date with Christine. After returning to Earth and being debriefed by Starfleet Command, Christine and I were able to have a qu

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sulu and Chekov are a blast aren't they? :D :D Star Gazing and Moonlight Walks -- fantab. You have the Jim/Chris thing perfectly. :) The tone in Moonlight Walks was pure Jim. :D The things they talked about were spot on. =D=

So, she likes the way his pants fit does she? Bootilicious huh? Spock's more my speed. LOL You knew that. LOL

Hmmm. Secret Admirer -- I get all antsy just thinking about someone else sending Nyota flowers -- I wanna have this big signage in the yard shouting: "Stay away! She's his, blast it!" :p

Passion with regularity and restraint ;) interesting combo that.

The picnic one was delicious in more ways than one. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Subdued mood lighting -- coincidental? Can I melt now? I stay that way. :) [face_love] Have I ever loved a pairing this much? never. Nor will I again. [face_love] [face_love]

Huggles!!!!!!!!!!!

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love the Sulu and Chekov one - those two are funny! I'd love to see more of them :D #4 was very interesting - are you going to reveal who the person sending roses is?

I'm looking forward to your themes continuation :D

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Okay, I loved loved loved LOVED these! They were mushy and adorable and sweet and . . . yeah. I'm smiling like the shipper that I am right now. No doubt about it. [face_love]

Star Gazing:

Oh my, but wasn't that the perfect blend of flirty and teasing and awesomness. I loved how coy Christine was here, and how . . . Kirk Kirk was being. lol! ;) I was snickering the whole way through. :D

love letters

Naive!Chekov, in love!Sulu and gossip!Kirk . . . Oh, these could be no better!

?Cindy?? Kirk said, grinning. ?Is this the senior cadet at the Academy I?ve heard about? Tell me everything, Hirkaru.?

Sulu shot Chekov a glare and turned a smile to the captain. ?Yes, Sir. That?s her.?

*dies laughing*

moonlit walks

Oh, that was adorable. I loved Jim and Christine's views on everyone ? especially Jim's on Roger. Oh, but that was fun to read.

secret admirer

Okay, jealous!spock was a new favorite for me. I could practically see the tips of his ears turn green from here! lol! I liked him trying to tell his mind that it was not 'logical' to call her secret admirer a stalker. Oh, that was too cute.

As was this:

It was simply a statement; a statement which, logically, begged a response.

Oh yes, veeeeery logically. [face_mischief]

private picnic

Oh, be still my shipper heart! This was too perfect for words! I loved how secretive Spock was ? and dare I say it, almost playful. Teasing, even. It's always so wonderful to see those sides he shows around her. [face_love] [face_love]

Nyota took in the surrounding area. ?There isn?t very much light here.?

Spock allowed a small, rare smile. ?I?m afraid that is purely coincidental.?

Sure it is. :p [face_love]

As always, these were a bast to read.

I sincerely can't wait to see what you did with some on the list I sent you. [face_dancing]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

20. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Ultimately we found that it would probably take an act of God to change Leonard McCoy.

I love your take on Bones & his relationship with Kirk. It's always dead-nuts on. :cool: [face_laugh]

I enjoyed the picnic as well, brodiew. I can see Spock doing it that way.

21. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Author Note: Prepare for a trip into the old west. If this has enough interest I may expand it into a chapter fic. I've got a nice outline already in place.

Sheriff

Sheriff James T. Kirk seethed with rage. It was a well managed rage, one that was kept in check, but only slightly below the surface. It had been twenty-five years since the outlaw Nero had shot and killed his father in cold blood. It had occupied his thoughts, daily, since he was old enough to understand. The irony was that he had grown up with a father, a good one. But, it was not enough to quell the burning need for revenge?or justice depending on your point of view. Gary Mitchell sent word that Nero's gang was headed toward Enterprise.

Deputy

"Would not killing him in cold blood defeat your purpose?" said deputy Theodore Spock. "You are an officer of the law after all."

"I'm not going to kill him in cold blood, Spock," Kirk replied, cooling. "I'm going to make sure he doesn't get out alive."

"You are splitting proverbial hairs, Sheriff," Spock retorted. "He should stand trial. We should make an example of him. You should know how the Judge Pike feels about Nero."

Kirk frowned. "You're bringing me down, Spock. Leave my dad out of this. You two have always been a little too logical for my taste."

Posse

Spock sat on a rust colored horse next to Kirk's black stallion. He watched silently as the Sheriff surveyed the plain. He agreed with Kirk that Nero should not be allowed inside the town limits. However, meeting the deadly villain on out in the open did not bode well for either side. Though he did not get along with the man, he was mildly reassured by the presence of Doc McCoy. When the shooting started and the Sheriff got reckless, he would need someone to put him back together.

"Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a sun worshiper. Got shade?"

Trial

Other than Nero, only one other member of his gang survived. The impossibly arrogant sycophant was still shouting about how his captain would not stay in custody forever.

Pike finally banged the gavel and pronounced them guilty. The deaths of Kirk's men Sulu and Scott were enough to hang them, but there were plenty of witnesses on hand to testify of Nero's murderous rampage.

"It looks like you got your wish, Spock," Kirk said. "A nice public trial and a hangin' to boot."

"I would have preferred to avoid bloodshed, Sheriff," his second replied.

"Just not possible," Kirk replied, frowning.

Hanging Tree

No time was wasted in throwing the rope over a thick branch and placed the noose around Nero's neck. None wanted to give the man final words, but Pike asked anyway.

"You let it happened," Nero spat in a heavy Italian accent. "You did nothing to stop it! American pigs."

Kirk swatted the back of the hangman horse pulling Nero up to his final reward. He watched intently as the outlaw kick and jerked, before falling still.

It had been a uniquely disappointing experience for the Sheriff, though he knew he should be satisfied. Nero was dead and his father could now rest in peace.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very interesting twisty brodiew. [face_thinking] I've read a fic where Jag Fel is a pirate =P~ so I guess anything's possible [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

As long as my boos fit in here somewhere with their smokin' hot selves [face_love] [face_love] I'll be up for anything you write!

Huggles!

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Very interesting to see the characters in a Wild West scenario.

24. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    those are awesome sets =D=
    fantastic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.