main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Enterprising Drabbles UDC4: Week 20 Updated 8/25/09!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Week Ten:

These were wonderful.

I'll admit that you are making me enjoy the Kirk/Christine stuff more and more. I faintly remember Christine from TOS, and in there she annoyed me more than anything else. I'm enjoying the way you are building up their relationship here, though. I'm enjoying it a lot. [face_love]

Sanctity was touching. Squeal was adorable. And Sigh was just . . . perfect. [face_love]

Surprise was a wonderful break from McCoy's POV, the teasing is always a wonderful thing to read. [face_love] Serenity too was brilliant - but I am kinda biased in enjoying that one. ;)

Week eleven:

Another wonderful set. [face_love]

I loved the back and forth in Break the Ice. 'The glow' bit was priceless. I was laughing out loud at that one, and then explaining to the people around me (who think that my Star Trek obsession is the only thing worse than my Star Wars obsession) what was so funny. :rolleyes:

The gentle POV from Christine in Knock on Wood was great as well. The poor thing, it must be odd for her, knowing that Jim had a prior inclination to hit on anything female. Adorable though, how shy he is. [face_love]

And then Backseat Driver had me laughing again. Poor Sulu! And Checkov was adorable, as always. [face_love]

Favorite line:

He spoke too soon. During a quiet moment on the bridge, Pavel leaned over to him and said: ?You know the Russians invwented the parking break.?

LOL!!! That was a great way to throw in a great TOS line. ;) [face_laugh]

~MJ @};-

2. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Jade_eyes: Hey Jade. Thanks for coming back. I?m thankful for your regular readership. ?Break the Ice? seems to be the favorite for this week. I had fun with it. I?m still testing my Spock voice, as you?ll see below. Don?t fret that there is no Spock/Nyota. They?ll be back!

RX_Sith: Thanks, RX! I?m glad you enjoyed Spock and Kirk in ?Ice?. Kirk will get a reaction out of him yet! A little more mush next week, but with a surprise angle.

Mira_Jade: Thank you, Mira, for leaving such thoughtful reviews. I enjoy them greatly. I?m thrilled that ?Ice? made you laugh out loud. Serenity was a favorite of mine in week 10 as well.

Week 12 - 6/22/09 - provided by Mira_Jade

Saint

If there is a being aboard the starship Enterprise who is more innocent, pure, devoted, proud, passionate, and patriotic, I don?t know who it is. I won?t go so far as to call him pious (though some might already think him a candidate for sainthood), but I will say that he take his Starfleet service vey seriously. One might call the tactical station his altar, the bridge, his church, and me his...Never mind. Bad analogy. Needless to say, Pavel Chekov is a neat and talented kid. He also plays well with others. I expect to see great things from him.

Sinner

He drank too much. He fought too much. Though loathe to admit it, he had too much sex. That was James T. Kirk. He had father issues, though nothing like Luke Skywalker, who he recalls with some animosity never got into many fights. Jim also loved his mom, but it wasn?t enough to keep him out of trouble. For some reason, he didn?t like himself very much. Maybe on some level he believed that he could never live up to his father?s legacy. Not quite Skywalker?s problem, eh? So, he got drunk, got into fights, and got all the girls.

Savior

There were three beautiful women in Jim Kirk?s life; his holy trinity, if you wanted to call it that. They were his mother, his ship, and Christine Chapel. They were the three things which pulled him from the mess his life had been. Ok, there was Admiral Pike, and his role was rather large, but he?s not a woman and it just didn?t sound as good. Throw Pike into the mix and it messes with the mojo, Man. Anyway, His mother had been responsible for him, he was now responsible for the Enterprise, and he and Christine were responsible for each other.

Killer

Spock and Kirk rematerialized before Scotty and almost before he was solid, the Captain was off the pad, down the stairs and out the door. Spock remained.

?Dinnae go so well, Commander?? Scotty inquired.

?As well as could be expected, Mr. Scott,? Spock replied.

?Did they fry the bastard?? Scotty asked, still trying to get at the root of the Captain?s behavior. ?Did he get what he deserved??

?He was electrocuted,? Spock answered. ?But those are two very different questions.?

?So why is the captain acting like someone stole his last shot o? whiskey??

?You will have to ask him."

Martyr

Today is my Dad?s birthday. I?ve been avoiding the crew most of the day; staying quiet on bridge outside of ship?s business. Spock knows something?s wrong, but can?t put his finger on it. Bones knows exactly what it is, but I don?t want to talk to him either. I will, but not right now. Christine came by earlier and we talked. She?s a great listener. She didn?t try to cheer me up by talking about how heroic he was. She just listened. I told her I missed him. I think I?ve said that to five people in my entire life.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful update.

Saint -- ;)
    Sinner and savior -- this version of Jim has more complicated issues than the other timeline's. [face_thinking] i always saw him going after the ladies and devoted to the Enterprise but it always had a fun live life to the full type tone as opposed to the I'm living hard and large to forget and numb out. [face_thinking]

Killer -- great characterizations there. =D=

Martyr -- wonderful close here. :D I feel very glad that Jim can unburden to christine and be true to his feelings as complicated and mixed as they are LOL

Bravo and huggles!!!

:)

4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    More interesting range of emotions from Kirk in this set. We see both his good and bad qualities but without both he is not whole.

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Saint was hilarious :D So was Savior - I like the Holy Trinity thing :D Martyr was so sad :( Poor Kirk.

Great set!! Probably m favorite so far :D

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Truly brilliant set this was - great characterization. =D=

For instance:

Saint: Heeheem that was too cute. [face_love]

Sinner: I was snickering the whole way through this. I loved Kirk's POV on the whole father issues he shared with Luke. Really, a great way to throw in a tie between the two series. Kirk's internal voice in here was spot on. :)

Savior: Another cute one. I enjoyed the 'Holy Trinity' line, and the reasons that Pick would not not 'fit' had me giggling. The last line, especially was particularly poigant. :)

Killer: Ouch. :(

Martyr: Very bittersweet. I enjoyed it - as I am enjoying all of your Kirk/Christine ones. [face_love]

Anyway, brilliant job with these!! Looking forward to more. :)

~MJ @};-

7. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Author Note: I wanted to alert you all that I have posted a new discussion question in the Trek Resource thread. Please stop in and drop a line.

Jade_Eyes: *waves* Hey Jade! Thanks for reviewing. This Kirk is a different dude than the original. There are similar aspects, but his history is not the same. I?m glad you liked ?martyr?. I want to do more Jim/Christine, but other things jump to mind. Bunnies are very distracting.

RX_Sith: Great observation, RX. As the original did, this Kirk needs his pain to be a whole person. Thanks for reading!

NYCitygurl: I?m so glad you enjoyed this set Nat! The ?holy trinity? thing just happened. Probably came to mind with all the spiritual prompts. ? Yea, Chekov needed some play. He?s more than just a cute kid.

Mira_Jade: Thanks for coming back for more, Mira. This was a fun set to write, despite the angst. I?ve been thinking of expanding ?killer? into a larger vig. The drabble is just vague enough to keep the mystery of what really upset Kirk. What do you think? Should I go ahead with that? Thanks again.

Week 13 - 6/29/09 - provided by DaenaBenjen42

AU Fever: Another Kind of Time Warp!

Hold Back the Darkness

Captain James T. Kirk stumbled and fell the moment his boots hit the water. High caliber machine gun fire peppered the water around him as he felt himself lifted to his feet. Other men fell around him, bloody and still.

?Keep moving, Jim!? yelled his friend and medic, ?Bones? McCoy. ?I can?t have you getting killed right off the boat. It?d give the Krauts way too much satisfaction.

Within minutes, he had scrambled up the beach to the barbed wire line. They had to take out the machine guns or this invasion would be nipped in the bud.

?Demolitions!? he yelled.

Take a Stand

When the sheriff was injured in the last attack, it fell on the shoulders of deputy Theodore ?Spock? Jefferson to stand against the outlaw gang. His only back up was a stable boy and Russian immigrant, Pavel Chekov. The boy spoke little English, but it was clear that he valued his new home and would do anything to protect it. This could not be said of the remainder of the townsfolk.

?Be brave, Pavel,? Spoke said as the walked out into the street. ?I don?t think logic is going to get us out of this one.?

?Beeg guns, Mr. Spoke.?

When You're Lost

Commander Jim Kirk watched the launch of the space shuttle Columbia with his wife Christine. They watched from an observation post across from the launch pad with other NASA personnel and families. He held her close as they watched in awe as the shuttle took off. Moments later, Christine sagged in his arms and Kirk?s knees gave way. He couldn?t take his eyes off of the vivid plume of smoke hanging in the sky where the shuttle previously was. One of the booster rockets jetted off liked a headless chicken, making the scene all the more tragic in that detail.

No Solid Ground

Captain Kirk did not like sharing command; especially when his ship had been reduced to a small portion of his former hull. He worried about other survivors, but had more immediate troubles. He had a drunk Scotsman vomiting over the side and the unwelcome visitor who was responsible for the destruction of his ship adjusting a tired looking red bandana on his head.

?Don?t worry about it, Mate!,? the other captain drawled. ?There?s always another ship.?

Kirk stuffed the desire to throw the man over board. ?This from the man who wanted us to help him find ?The Black Pearl.?

There's Only Us

It was a hot day in Waikiki, but slight breeze took the edge off. Jim and Christine snuggled together on a hammock in the courtyard of the resort where they were spending their shore leave. The breeze caught strands of Christine?s hair and Jim reflexively tucked back behind her ear. She mumbled something at his touch, but fell silent just as fast. The rise and fall of her chest as she slept gave him comfort and as he looked at her sleeping, he felt a tremble his lip

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Delightful set. :D Waikiki -- ooh, ooh, nice. :) :) :)

9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Very interesting. Are these all holo-progams? If so, great work again. :)

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Those. Were. Brilliant!!! =D= [face_dancing]

Really, creative stuff here, very nice. I loved the cowboy Spock - the mental image was one that I'm going to carry with me for a loooong time. :p And the NASA shuttle was particularly moving.

The pirate one was my hands down favorite, though. [face_laugh]

Seriously, great work with these!!! :D

Oh, and I would love to see Killer expanded on. Consider this an official request. :cool:

~MJ @};-

11. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Jasde_Eyes: thanks for reading, Jade. I liked writing this ?Us? because it wasn?t any particular AU, just some sweet much. Just for you?and everyone else.

RX_Sith: Thanks for coming back, RX. These aren?t holodeck programs, though they could be. I just decided to do some AU?s across time and space. For fun. Thanks again.

Mira_Jade: Brilliant? Wow. Thanks, Mira. I appreciate the compliment. I had fun with these, most especially the first one. It?s Normandy Beach on D-Day. I?m glad you liked Chekov and Spock. That was fun, too. But Jack Sparrow was a last minute inspiration. Suck a tight scene. I may have to do more with that one as well. Scotty, Kirk, and Jack=Trouble. :p

Week 14 - 7/6/09 - provided by Mira_Jade

66. Whispering

?What?s with the pinched face? You look like someone vomited on your console and didn?t clean it up.?

Might as well have. Scott was in my face, this morning. ??A baby could calibrate this console, Stevens! Pick up the pace, Stevens! The captain is waiting, Stevens!? Get my drift??

?Do I? Yesterday, Commander Spock stood over my shoulder while I scanned an entire grid of space.?

?How is that even close to Scotty climbing up my backside??

Have you ever had Commander Spock watch you do anything??

?No.?

?He never says anything. He just leans over with his hands behind his back.?

67. Haunting

A brief recall to Earth gave Kirk the opportunity to talk to Admiral Pike about his recent dreams. He had discussed them to some satisfaction with Bones, but he wanted the admiral?s perspective.

?Sounds like a bit of post traumatic stress, Jim,? Pike said, concerned.

?That?s what Bones said, but the meds he prescribed haven?t gotten rid of the dreams.?

?They don?t help on their own,? Pike said, giving Kirk a knowing look. ?Have you talked to anyone about the Narrada??

?No,? Kirk replied, humbled by his friend and mentor?s gaze.

?Do you want the dreams to stop or not??

68. Lingering

As Jim left his quarters and headed to the bridge, he did so by an indirect route. As he approached sickbay, he placed his boot close enough to activate the door. He scanned the bay for Christine. She was standing next to a bed, occupied by a crewman injured on a recent away mission. He caught her eye. She winked and smiled. She was so damn beautiful. The door closed and he proceeded on his way. Suddenly, his lower lip tingled and he brought a finger to touch it. Still numb; a lingering reminder of an early morning spent together.

69. Echoing

When he dreamed, Jim saw another life; a life where his father had not died, where Vulcan was not destroyed, where his friend Spock died and was reborn. He saw a women killed in the street; a woman he loved and yet had to let die. He saw a son he did not know murdered in cold blood. When he awoke crying out, he knew that he needed to talk about these things. They felt so real. They felt like they happened to him. He went to his desk and sent a personal communiqué to Ambassador Spock on new Vulcan.

70. Murmuring

When the warm water from the sink ran over the infant?s tiny body, Nyota hear him coo peacefully, murmuring in his own language of sensation. He was a beautiful boy with light brown skin, straight black hair(which would not stay straight for long), and beautiful brown eyes which were large and expressive. Cupping some water into her hand, she poured it lightly over his head, making sure that wet his hair. She traced the back of his head, running her fingers over the dull points of his left ear. She was thankful for this outward evidence of his Vulcan heritage.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Whispering, Haunting, Echoing -- great to see Jim working on working through issues. :D Lingering -- very very nice.

Saved best for last ;) Murmuring--oh oh oh squee! squee! squee! :)
    [face_dancing]
    [face_dancing]

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Awwww!! The last one was soooo cute. I love the idea of Uhura and Spock with a baby [face_love]

I love Echoing too. That's really awesome :D

The early set with the AU/crossovers was lots of fun. The one with pirates was funny, Chekov is cute, and the one with the Columbia is just scary.

14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Some really amazing things happening to Kirk in these. I love Echoing as well since it incorporates what I believe is the remnants of the Vulcan mindmeld that he had with elder Spock in the movie as I posted in my story. Great job as always! =D=

15. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I had a bunch to catch up on! I loved every one of these sets.
    Seriously, you are a talented writer. :)

And Jim and Christine! So cute. [face_love]

I'm intrigued by Jim's dreams. It could be a story on its own, how he dreams about an alternate reality.

Wonderful job!

=D=

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, these were wonderful, as always. [face_love]

It was really nice to see Jim working through his issues. Sometimes movies don't have a chance to show the very real after effects of such adrenaline filled, and trumatic situations. [face_thinking] Lingering was especially nice, the atmosphere was wonderfully soft, and it just left a smile on my face. [face_love]

But . . . Murmuring . . .

Ahem . . .

SQUEE!!!!!! [face_love] [face_dancing] [face_fangirl]

. . . okay. I'm good now. ;)

~MJ @};-

17. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    A/N: Thank you all for the kind reviews. I'm a lucky guys to have such faithful readers. Sorry I dropped off the face for a while. I'm back now. Though most of this set refers to Christine, she doesn't make many appearance. I'll work on that for the next chapter. :)

Also, I posted a new thread in the NSWFF resource. Please take a look. I'm not sure how many guys feel the same way, but ships, the right ones, have taken me by storm. I'll add more to it later.

Week 15 - 7/13/09 - provided by path-seeker

71. Restrained

Christine was not a fan of the regulation mini skirt. She thought it impractical and restrictive, especially in triage or emergency situations. Pants made more sense. Jim was disappointed when her duty uniform changed. He cited regulations and even, in a particularly weak moment, begged her to wear the stocking and skirt. She would not be swayed and replied that it wasn?t as if he would be deprived of seeing her legs for long. His response had been a whiny:

?You?re point??

She rolled her eyes, flashed him some leg before pulling on her pants, and referred him to Doctor McCoy.

72. Controlled

When Kirk entered Sickbay, he was surprised to find that other nurses were wearing standard, pale blue, regulation skirts. Christine had been adamant about how Bone?s had thrown out regulations in requiring all nurses to wear pants. Had she lied?

?Bones, why aren?t these nurses wearing pants?? he asked, pointing in a surveying arc of the facility.

Approaching him quickly, unsure of Kirk?s meaning, Bones replied: ?Is that rhetorical question, Jim??

?I was recently notified that you are bucking regulation and making the nurses wear pants instead of skirts.?

?You were?informed?? Bones said, battling a mischievous grin.

?Yes, very specifically.?

73. Defined

?Sorry, Jim. I?m the last person who would rebel against regulations. I need this job.?

Kirk looked at him suspiciously. ?So, why was I told you did??

Bones clapped in on the back. ?Jim, My Boy-?

?Please Bones.?

?Anyway, I have recently disciplined one of my nurses. It came to my attention that she was flirting too much with a member of the command staff. Said officer seemed distracted by her show of ?regulation? leg. She also seemed distracted by him. So, per my position as CMO, I requested a change of wardrobe for the safety of the entire crew.?

74. Resolved

Suddenly serious, Kirk said: ?This isn?t funny, Bones.?

Mimicking Kirk?s demeanor, McCoy replied: ?It isn?t? You?re god damned hilarious, Jim!?

Seeing heads turn, and not wanting the Captain to appear chastised in front of the crew, McCoy took Kirk by the arm and led him into his office.

?Hey, what was that for?? Kirk asked with irritation.

?I didn?t feel like kicking your ass in front of the crew!?

Kirk displayed a charming smile. ?Come on, Bones. Give.?

?For God?s sake, Jim. Christine didn?t want to wear the skirt. I told her she could wear pants. Ok??

?Thank you, Doctor.?

75. Unlimited

The next time Jim saw Christine in uniform, he vowed never to speak of the regulation uniform again. She wore white pants, tight to her waist and backside, accompanied by a light blue metallic short sleeve shirt with Federation emblem ususal, enticing place. She looked stunning.

Christine was a hard person to objectify. She was too smart, too tough, too sexy, and way too aware. She had been know to snap from his reverie even when staring at her. Much less any other female crewman. Goodbye, Yeoman Fox.

As he passed her in the hall, he tried not to gawk.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvelously fun set. Jim and Bones are too much. [face_laugh] Your Christine is precious. :D :D

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A very amusing set of Christine, McCoy, and Kirk. I was awaiting the "Damn the regulations, Jim!" Maybe next time.

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Good ones :D Kirk cracks me up :D

21. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I'm guessing those pants are more of a distraction than the short skirt. :p

Wonderful set.

=D=

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I was how late on replying?!

Yikes.

Feel free to phaser at will. [face_blush]

Anywho -

Restrained: That was one of the funniest things ever. Reffering to McCoy, indeed. :p

Controlled: *Falls into a full blown snicker fit*

Defined: Oh my . . . *wipes tear* [face_laugh]

Resolved: . . . I will soon start laughing about this. [face_laugh]

Unlimited: A perfect way to tie this all up. I love, that even though he is caught hook line and sinker, Jim is just still so . . . Jime.

Great job here! Excellent characterizations, spot on dialogue, and just everything good. [face_love]

~MJ @};-

23. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Jade_Eyes: Thanks, Jade. I was going for cute with Jim and Chrsitine and silly with Kirk and Bones. Glad it worked.

RX-Sith: Thanks for reading, RX, and don?t worry, I like to get a good ?damn? in with Bones now and again.

NYCitygurl: I?m thrilled you enjoyed them, Nat. Thanks for the support.

Ceillean: I would be, Ceillean. I would be. Thanks for reading.

Mira_Jade: Whew! You made it. Now there?s a new set. I?ll reserve phaser fire to how long it takes this time. I?m glad this set has such a silly effect!

Week 16 - 7/20/09 - provided by brodiew

76. Bend Over Backwards

?Out of the question!? barked McCoy. ?Do I look like a man who likes to exert himself in any way shape or form??

?You?re the one who?s been bugging me to exercise,? Kirk replied. ?I?m just asking you to do the same.?

?I?m a doctor, Jim, not an Olympian.?

?I?d say you?re cranky and unreasonable and need to practice what you preach. Aren?t you supposed to go out of your way to make sure your patients are staying in shape??

?I feel perfectly fine in a purely advisory role. There?s no way I?m going joggin? with you or anyone else.?

77. Axe to Grind

?I want to beat your head in!? growled Noyta Uhura in a frustration.

?My head?? replied Kirk with infuriation calm. ?What did I do??

?I?d have to ask Spock to do the calculations, but I?d like to bash his skull at the moment too.?

?What?s with all the heads and skulls, Uhura?? Kirk pressed. ?It?s mighty violent talk.?

Taking a deep, calming breath, Uhura straightened her uniform. ?What am I doing here? You couldn?t possible understand.?

?What did he do? Look at another girl??

Uhura?s eyes bulged and he could tell that talk of violence was about to become action.

78. Rise and Shine

Jim Kirk was involuntarily dragged from a deep, highly satisfying sleep by the persistent ringing of his door chime. Throwing off his sheet, he went to identify the perpetrator.

?What?? he growled groggily into the com unit.

?Good morning, Jim,? came Spock?s precise cadence. ?You asked to be awakened at 0530.It is that time exactly.?

Kirk opened the door and turned toward the bathroom.

?I asked the computer to wake me up to some classic Bon Jovi, meaning to snooze it for a good 30 minutes before finally getting up at 0530.?

?Nyota thought your ?Blaze of Glory? could wait.?

79. Tongue In Cheek

?So, what brings ye to my humble station, Doctor?? Scotty asked as McCoy loomed next to his console.

?I went all the way down to Engineering only to be told that you were in transporter room 2.?

?Sorry, I wasn?t there,? Scotty answered, still perplexed. ?But here I am.?

?The Captian, in his infinite wisdom, ordered me to find you and ask you for a lesson in transporter safety.?

?There?s nothin? to it, Doctor. As long as ye stay still and don't wiggle your bits too much, I?ll get you there and back safe and soound??

?What about the beagle??

80. Without a Doubt

Hikaru Sulu sat in relative silence across from Ensign Katrina Jex. Katrina pushed her food around her plate, clearly not interested in eating. They had tried small talk, but it just didn?t seem right considering the elephant at the table. Sulu reached across the table and touched her arm in a friendly, reassuring way.

?You can?t let it define you, Kat,? He said. ?It was one incident. No one was hurt.?

?But what If someone was?? she shot back. ?What if someone was killed??

?It does you no good to dwell on ?what ifs?, Katrina. ?What ifs? get people killed.?

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed that immensely. Axe to Grind and Rise and Shine especially. I sure want the back story and the sequel (LOL) to Axe to Grind... Mira_Jade also detailed Uhura and Spock in the outs with each other not in any specific context, just exploring how they deal with "arguing" [face_thinking] I wanna know how they make up. [face_laugh] Squee! Squee!

25. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Very amusing sets indeed. Each one of them just subtly touches on something even more intense underneath the surface.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.