main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] "Ever Yours, With Love" *Letters-Nyota/Spock/family/friends* Author Thanks-10/01/10

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    It was the purest of spontaneous impulses - that kiss in the rain that first time -- your response was ... exhilarating. I honestly did not know until the following morning, however, what your high sense of scruples and duty would dictate. That line is insanely cute.

As to missing you -- I must confess to a strong readiness and willingness to be with you again. I also await your embrace avidly. Awww.

Aww, those are so mushy and cute!

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Dearest Nyota:

My gracious, but you went from the frying pan into the inferno, didn't you? :eek: We were assigned as the backup cordon of ships to the Enterprise :p but your ingenuous Captain was on the ball we didn't need to even show up! [face_laugh] You don't know how happy I am you all pulled through that whole encounter with that megalomaniac Nero.

I know you all will be swamped with briefings etc before shipping out again -- :rolleyes: as well as the whole rigmarole of ceremonies, etc. But I do hope we can squeeze in a lunch or two.

Love, sherralyn

~~~

Sherralyn: :* :* !!!!

I'm so glad you guys were not in the forefront with the early responders of the fleet!! :_|

Yes, the round of briefings will be grueling indeed. [face_frustrated]

Spock and I probably won't see each other much. he has meetings with the High Council ... He had a dinner with his father and they got on very well. Spock wrote me a message afterwards expressing how ironic it is that the loss of Amanda has brought a better rapport between them, and that one could wish that she were here to enjoy it. They made one of Amandaa's classic recipes -- when I read that, I was incredibly touched! As soon as I got his note, I headed straight over to his place.

And of course, I will always make time for one of our lunches, and we will definitely split a large slice of turtle cheesecake!! [face_laugh]

[:D]

Nyota

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Gah, I didn't reply to the last one . . . *huddles in a corner mumbling*

I shall rectify that now! [face_dancing] [face_blush]

Previous Entry:

OMG!! That was just so cute! (And I need to invent a new word for when reviewing your stuff, because it all inevitably has the same mushy fangirl failing within.' [face_laugh])

I loved Sher and Tristan - they sound like a dream. Especially your Trek equivalent to Kyp Durron. lol!! I adored that he was talking about kids at first meeting; and her hinting about her friend's attachment. Oh yes, I was a puddle of goo right there.

And then the interlude . . .

SQUEE!!!

Is it hot in here, or is it just me . . . [face_whistling]

Newest Entry

Ow, ow . . . even referring to that whole mess made my heartstrings ache. :( That was . . . touching, as well as being gal pal cute. Turtle cheesecake is the best form of moving on food. [face_love] (And the recipe, you included the recipe!! [face_dancing])

On a whole, a great few letters! I am adoring these more than words can say!! [:D]

~MJ @};-

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This is a wonderful warm/fuzzy format and I love it more with each posty!!

[face_dancing]

______

Post #10

Dearest Nyota:

That trip of yours -- loved all the details. My heart ached when I read of your worries over Spock's eventual choice and was touched by your resolve to go where he goes. :)

Speaking of very nice trips, Dajan surprised me over a breakfast of waffles, fried potatoes, and bacon with reservations for a weekend getaway at a posh beach resort.

"No kids, either." He winked at me, taking another helping of bacon. "I arranged for them to stay with Mom and Dad -- you know they always love to have the kids."

I grinned. "Sounds great, already. Champagne and a Sunday brunch and a stroll along the beach." I sighed. "Work has been especially hectic lately, so this comes at a perfect time."

"I thought so." He smiled. "Spending time alone with you -- for me that's the best part."

I teased: "Okay. Are you buttering me up for some particular reason?"

"Hey!" He objected, laughing. "You know me better than that, Kashore."

I laughed. "That's why I asked." Then I turned serious and kissed him eagerly. "It sounds wonderful, and you're wonderful for thinking of me."

Ah!! All joking aside, my darling has always been thoughtful. Ever since I literally ran into him at the market [face_laugh] in the produce section and spilled the berries, and he asked me out for dinner to "make up for distracting me." [face_mischief] I couldn't deny it -- I was so busy looking at him, I wasn't looking where I was going!! :D

And he surprises me with impromptu bouquets of roses "for no reason" [face_love], I need hardly say my female coworkers are very envious!!

Speaking of envy, one of his female coworkers was in a royal snit when we were just starting seriously dating, because he never showed a whit of interest in her. One time at lunch, I overheard her saying something snide about his "questionable taste" :mad:, and I just glared at her. I didn't acknowledge her remark in any way--I just gave her Mom's classic: "I'd better not have heard you say what I think I heard!!!" look -- you know the one that always had one or both of us hastily denying and apologizing. ;)

Dajan just leaned over and whispered: "You're worth a million of her any day."

My heart melted at that. He had me eating out of his hand after that LOL!!!!

Speaking of stupidity, I hope you haven't been bothered by too much of it -- although I know you can give them what for in no time flat!!! [face_dancing]

Please Write soon,

:* Kashore

~~~~~~~~

Hi, sister mine: [:D]

Our trip was definitely unforgettable -- for many reasons. That we chose one another is miraculous, and it didn't happen after we came back from the brief holiday. That was merely when it was reaffirmed. It happened one spring evening in the midst of moonlight and a gentle spring rain. I couldn't have torn my heart from his or made it go down another path even if I had wanted to!!

And oh, Dajan is indeed a keeper!! :) That trip sounds marvelous for the both of you!

My day is also sprinkled with impromptu sweetness. :D :)

Little touches exchanged as he and I exchange datapadds -- infuses me with all the warmth of our affection and the memory of other ... more private touches. [face_blush]

And you know, the strangest thing happens to my communications system o_O [face_shhh], I tweak it to run more efficiently, which it does, but sometimes it "malfunctions", and my dear one has to "get it back in working order." Having him that close to me is very ... distracting.

And I cannot count how many times he or I will stop the lift for a long kiss or five. [face_laugh] One of us will enter our personal code so no one can signal it!!! After one such wonderful moment, I grinned and asked: "You just can't get enough of me, can you?"

He gave me this sweet look and said: "I think you know the answer to that one, Nyota." Indeed I did, and it sent chi

5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This one just made your heart swell up with happiness upon reading it - a reaction I often find amongst your stories. [face_laugh]

First off - I love the voice you are giving Kashore. She is sweet and endearing and strong. And Dajan sounds just perfect for her. How they met was adorable, and the getaway - sounds perfect! Her way of dealing with the witch she worked with - priceless. As was Dajan's reaction. There can be 'words' later. [face_whistling]

And then Nyota and Spock . . . you just have a natural way of writing her feelings. They are deep and overflowing, and it comes off completely natural. It's heartwarming to read. [face_love]

But, [face_sigh] I usually just shrug and think "You wish you had it as hot as me, so keep your trap shut until you are lucky enough to maybe find out what I'm tasting and feeling with a sweetie like mine --" Emotionally, too, of course.

Okay - fave line, ever! [face_laugh] =D= [face_laugh]

Oh, that was a beautiful entry to read first thing in the morning! [:D]

[face_dancing]

=D=

~MJ @};-

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Cant wait to post-itis has struck again!!!! [face_laugh]

[face_dancing]

Happy wriggles over this one!!! it ties to the lovely/touching scenes in my diary Entry #20. [face_love]

_______
    Post #11

My Only Heart:

Although the commemoration was poignant and exquisite, I found myself wishing that it was less extravagant, or better yet, that we two could have had more time alone together.

I was absolutely blown away by the gift of the exquisite firestones!!! By the fact that Amanda thought of me and that Sarek wished me to have them as well, in lieu of keeping them as a fond remembrance. I understand too about the timing -- the moment had to be right. The circumstances were indeed complicated by many factors. [face_thinking]

I feel eased in my heart that my support was a source of consolation to you -- I had feared it was somewhat lacking. Not by anything you did or didn?t do, my love. I just wanted to be all that you needed me to be. And to assure you that even though I understand the ?why? behind it, you need never, ever feel that there is anything you cannot share with me. :* [:D]

I was definitely ready to unwind with you. [face_love] Ah! - the evening after -- those lovely boots did indeed put things on a whole new level of pleasure, didn't they? :D

I love you, more than words,

Nyota

~~~~~~~~~

My Very Own:

I too wished for a more private commemoration; your comportment during it all was commendable and flawless ? even in the face of T?Pau?s most intimidating scrutiny.

Your empathy was indeed deeply appreciated, and I thank you for your understanding on all fronts -- the need to hold you at somewhat of a distance and the delay in offering you the betrothal gift. It in no way reflected a hesitance in my wishing you to have them or feeling you did not deserve them. This most recent experience is added proof, if I needed it, of how indispensable you are and are becoming to me daily.

And yes, those boots of yours are indeed a source of ... intense pleasure.

[face_love]

Spock

++++++++++

:* :*

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Those boots sure are getting a workout - in the fanfic world, of course. [face_laugh] I love it when a little 100 word drabble blows up like that. [face_mischief] [face_laugh] ;)

As always, this was a fun read. Sweet and romantic and dear force, but he addresses her as 'my very own'. Gah, be still my beating fangirl heart. [face_love]

This was just very open - she's offering her place as his rock, and he's telling her she already is . . . And then the firestones again . . . And the line about her showing down with T'Pau . . . I'd love to someday give a deeper version of that. After all, the heir of her clan could be coming through Nyota - no doubt she'd have a few . . . words. I'd love to see Nyota kick her butt in some verbal sparring. Yep. Miss top-notch-linguistics-diva going all awesome . . . [face_love]

I loved seeing this scene touched on again. It makes me grin every single time. [face_love]

~MJ @};-

8. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Yeah Mira-Jade you started a revolution with those boots.

I loved that last one. You guys are just making love those two even more than before!

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was so sweet! And I love the bit about the boots - it gave the letters a nice touch of humor :D

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi dear readers:

Been forever since I posted feels like LOL

:)

________
    Post #12

Hey there,

Tristan is wearing me down bit by bit LOL And winning me over. :) We had lunch a few times but only in groups of our mutual friends.

Then, he sent me a note to my personal 'padd's mailbox asking if we could have dinner once we'd settled into our work routines.

I teased him in reply: "Are you being hounded by avid female crew mates yet, yearning for a private 'session' to discuss some intensely emotionally salient part of their past?"

His reply was a laughing emote: "You don't know how refreshing it is to deal with a lady (you) who doesn't have psychological baggage, or a colleague who's so competitive that she can't see straight (I faced that during the madness of qualifying for residency). No worries, Sherra. I won't bring my work to dinner with me."

I sighed with relief when I read that. I knew how intense the psychological/counselor track could make one. Miranda being a case in point. [face_laugh] :p

Not that they're the only ones who can be intense during a date. Lands, but there was that irritating nutcase who took me out one time -- that's all it took -- to a basketball game -- and grilled me no end about the hot dog and soda I was indulging in. He rattled on about the carcinogens I was imbibing until I told him to stuff it and let me enjoy the game.

[face_frustrated]

Tristan's early promise has paid off. He's witty and intelligent and a great listener, by training and by nature. He appreciates a good joke, with the best of them. I know how important it is to you and I both that any guy we would spend time with, even as just friends, be able to keep up with us that way. When you told me Spock was able to do so, I have to tell you I was amazed! :D Your verbal sparring knows few equals and your capacity for mischief is boundless. [face_love]

On a recent shore leave, we had a picnic on the beach. After your wonderful and enthusiastic detailings of evenings spent watching the sunset and the moonrise, I couldn't pass it up.

We had stuffed fillets, home fries, and apple dumplings. Tristan is a foodie like I am (and you, my dear) :* which is a blessing.

We strolled hand in hand down the beach and I told him of my fondest dream related to the ocean - to ride the back of a porpoise. :D

The closest we'll ever get to a dragon as you put it to me once LOL

He grinned and said I'd look lovely on the back of a dolphin.

That kind of easy yet sincere compliment is really endearing him to me.

Now I know what you mean when you say Spock's affirmations touch you deeply.

Write soon, my heart sister,

Sherralyn [:D]

~~~~~~~

Dear Sherra:

So happy to hear you and Tristan are hitting it off and he sounds like a true keeper!

My sister had the same concerns about Dajan when they were dating. Her humor can be relentless at times.

He told her when she brought it up that he now found every other lady rather dull -- enough to cure him of any potential insomnia [face_laugh]

Spock got used to my penchant for repartee in our early friendship days, but after we started seeing each other, I think a great deal of my joy translated into irrepressible mirth and teasing.

One day I told him: "Look, dearest heart, if I ever get on your nerves and you want me to stop, just say so." [face_laugh]

He gave me this look out of those gorgeous eyes of his and replied: "I would not want you to feel you had to quell that part of your personality. It is too ... refreshing and endlessly surprising."

I had laughed and felt ready to burst with gratitude.

We just completed a rescue mission, taking on a shipload of refugee families to a colony world after a recent solar storm wreaked havoc with the climate on Sorlana III. The toddlers were so precious! One reminded me of my niece. She kept following me and Yolette around asking "Why" questions a mile a minute.

We settled them on the fourth and fifth worlds of t

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    You are really drawing me into these OCs until if feels like they are apart of canon - it feels wrong not to have them there, somehow. [face_love]

I loved how Sherra and Tristian are growing closer - he sounds so endearing, and she's adorable, of course. The ocean scenes I enjoyed most of all. ;)

That kind of easy yet sincere compliment is really endearing him to me.

Now I know what you mean when you say Spock's affirmations touch you deeply.

The little things that make an everlasting sort of love. [face_laugh]

My sister had the same concerns about Dajan when they were dating. Her humor can be relentless at times. . . . He told her when she brought it up that he now found every other lady rather dull -- enough to cure him of any potential insomnia.

Your Kashore and Dajan sound endearing. I love little clues like this that flesh out their personalities more and more. [face_love] This is stellar! :D

"I would not want you to feel you had to quell that part of your personality. It is too ... refreshing and endlessly surprising."

It is ridiculous how many times I can turn into Spock!goo on my keyboard and still be able to pull myself into a semi-tangible form after. Man, but it is ridiculous how many 'looks' I get when I say that there is nothing I like better than a Spock/Uhura mush fic . . . I just need to send those people your way to read. [face_laugh] ;)

I do love the challenge of such meetings, and our Captain is proving a very capable negotiator. Needless to say, he's a formidable poker player LOL

I bet he is. [face_laugh]

Kirk's growth is adorable. I feel so proud of him. [face_love]

Keep me posted on the Tristan front.

Yes, keep us *all* informed! :D

[face_dancing]

[face_love]

~MJ

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D

That was fun!!! And thanks for the reviews!!

_____

Post #13

My Love:

Strange as it may seem, as close as I am and have been to my father, I feel almost as close to yours. Now that he and I have met, I feel I can sympathize even more with his side of things, as much as with yours, in the complexity and depth of your relationship one to the other. Let me say how pleased I am you two are on a better footing. :)

I would love the chance to write a note to him now and then but I wanted to share this desire with you first. @};-

My sister had a somewhat rocky relationship with my mom -- although it was just a phase at the time -- it was quite tempestuous in our house at times, as you can imagine -- with both Mom and Kashore being as outspoken as they both are!! [face_laugh] They never lost sight of their affection for one another however, and this stood them in good stead through the "I'm grown" phase. :p

Now that my sister has kids of her own, naturally she sees Mom's point of view much better. :D

I learned from that experience not to pull or push either one but to love them both -- that's how I was able to be so objective when hearing of your tense times with your father and I could totally sympathize with the pulled in two directions feelings your mom must have been feeling. [face_thinking]

My sister has heard so much about you LOL and teased me to no end that I paint quite an angelic picture of you. [face_laugh] I told her I am doing no such thing. You're not perfect by any means -- merely perfect for me. [face_love]

I am reading a most marvelous novel about a lady named Ashley whose soulmate Landon was patient enough to wait for her to realize how right they were for each other. Their love is miraculous, as is ours, but aren't you glad you didn't have to ... wait for me to realize anything of the kind?

I do adore you,

Nyota

~~~~~~~~

My Nyota:

That offer does not surprise me in the slightest -- but it is a very touching and would be a welcome overture. I need hardly tell you he considers you his daughter in all but name.

You speak of us often to your sister, you say, and that our "love is miraculous". o_O If by that you mean a divine blessing -- I would have to agree.

I see that you indulge your insatiable love of the romantic story in novels as well as in films and songs. Your flair for the poetic and romantic is definitely evident in your letters to me, even though I thought perhaps this would diminish with time -- it seems to be increasing instead.

Not that that is a complaint, simply an observation.

As Ever,

Your Ashal-veh

+++++++

SQUEE!!!

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I adored the route you chose to take with these ones. Once again, I enjoyed fleshing out even more of Kashore's character - especially how she related with Akilah. But I seriously squee'd! over the prospect of some Sarek/Nyota interaction. In this new timeline, one of my favorite things is the tighter relationship between Sarek and Spock - and haveing Nyota in on that just puts a smile on my face. She's like Amanda in quite a few ways - not the least of being exquisite taste. [face_laugh] [face_love]

And then, I adored how the speach in Spock's letter was so informal (for him) and, dare I say it, wistful and contemplative. Illogical, eh, Spock? What can we say, our guy is totally taken to wax poetic. [face_love]

Not that that is a complaint, simply an observation.

Best. Line. Ever! [face_laugh] [face_love]

Oh yes, the fangirl in me is in quite the raptures right now. [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D

Thanks for the super feedback.
    ______

Post #14

Dear Sister Mine:

Dajan got an airlane speeding ticket the other day. :D You might be wondering why the smiley is a grin.

It's the why behind it.

I was in a huddle with the Chief of Internal Medicine and the Director of Social Services when this lunatic came sprinting into the common area. He'd squirreled a weapon in disguised as a toolkit for mechanical repairs.

he started ranting about his wife being incommunicado. Seems he's been abusive, she's suffering from a mood disorder but had what the psychiatrists call a psychotic break and was admitted to the lock down inpatient ward for observation and emergency treatment.

He was holding all of us hostage while the receptionist at the main desk was having a hurried conference with the security chief -- apparently he'd bypassed the security booth -- he had gotten hold of the blueprints of the building and knew of a little-used side entry.

Anyway, there's a silent call to the police department under the desk which sends a silent alarm.

Dajan was en route to meet me for lunch when there was a "breaking news" alert.

Needless to say, he broke at least 3 speeding restrictions and got there just as the negotiator got there to diffuse the situation.

He sent me a message on my 'phone asking if I was all right.

I answered: "No, sweetheart. You might as well go back to work; I'll take to have a rain check for lunch and you know how grumpy I get when I miss!" [face_laugh] I included a hugs smiley.

He did leave, then, but to order in our favorite dinner and buy me a bouquet of fresh flowers.

As soon as the perp was told he could speak with the doctor handling his wife's case, he calmed down considerably. He (it later turned out) agreed to counseling and anger management in lieu of several criminal charges being pressed. If they had been in full measure, he'd be cooling his heels for quite some time.

Dajan's protectiveness is amazing!!!!

His love for me is still something I marvel at.

As you can see, LOL, my day's work can turn hectic and crazy in a second too.

Love,

Kashore

~~~~~~~~~~

Dearest Kashore:

Whew!!!!! That was way too close!! There are so many ways that could have gone wrong. Bless Dajan. :*

I was in a serious tight situation recently too on Serillious. Because the specifics are classified, there isn't much I can tell you -- the finer points of the contracted agreement(s) are still being ironed out by the diplomats.

I was in a situation where our standard weapons didn't work and a fanatic got his hands on me -- I know you want to rip his arms off like Chewbacca would [face_love] -- just reading that [:D]

My dearest darling came to my rescue like a true knight in shining armor and showered me with TLC afterwards.

Sometimes, I look at myself in the mirror and think: "Nyota, are you dreaming? Is he real?"

[face_laugh]

Just another hundred or so reasons to love him more than I already do!!!!

Say hi to the kids and all the rest of the folks,

Nyota

++++++

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Woohoo for the Serillious aftermath!!! And Dajan's protectiveness was stunning. And fun, and adorable . . . I had a grin on my face the whole time I was reading it. [face_love] And the speeding ticket? Classic! [face_laugh] [face_love] Kashore is a lucky one. ;)

As is our girl - seriously, protective!Spock is becomming one of my favorite things to write . . . [face_mischief] =P~

[face_love]

~MJ @};-

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the sweet comments. The "letters" format has been a blast to write and these characters splentabulous to explore in greater depth.

[face_dancing]

:)

[:D] to all readers/lurkers. [face_batting] @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.