main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] "every star to move", UDC VI - Week 20 up on 10/06!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , May 21, 2011.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love the style! You do it well, so the drabbles aren't disjointed.

And you have some great one-liners:

And then he turned, his shadow black against the starlight as he walked the path that had took everything from her.

Sad and beautiful!!

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved them all

3. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I loved it! Shameless fic stealing for the win!

and this way of writing was awesome! I love seeing some Winona and George from you.

Please keep it coming.

Please?

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004

Deb: And I do believe that that is one of the greatest compliments that I can recieve as a writer! Thank-you. [:D] And yes, yes - so many ideas to work on, and such a belligerant muse. [face_laugh] :oops:

Nat: Thank-you! I was playing around with my prose as much as with the style, so I am glad that they hit home properly. :)

earlybird: Why thank-you! I'm glad to hear it. :)

Master_Jay: Woohoo for fic stealing! [face_laugh] That is always the brilliant things with having so many great writters to play around a fantastic verse with. [:D]

~MJ @};-

5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Author's Notes: And here we go with Week 19. Only one more to go after this. :)

James Grayson and the events surrounding his birth are throwbacks to "Breathe Life", one of my original Star Trek pieces that I wrote back seemingly forever ago. :p

[blockquote][b]Week XIX[/b]: [i]all our wide skies beyond[/i][/blockquote]

[b]XCI. Spring[/b]

The first day of official activity aboard the [i]Enterprise[/i] was like spring.

There was a life to the steps of the officers ? a pride and itching anticipation spurring them, honey bees, every last one of them, their legs twitching for want of pollen. Everywhere he looked, there was movement ? like the sun dancing on the water after the winter had melted away.

McCoy was never one to admit it, but he leaned into the curve of his medical bay the end of that first day, and said: ?Aren't you a beauty,? in a whisper that was only for her to hear.

[b]XCII. Summer[/b]

That first night when the new parents finally succumbed to exhaustion for a few hours, Kirk took his namesake to the bridge of the Enterprise, and showed him the stars.

It was fitting, he thought, as he held little James in his arms, watching as the child ? not even hours old ? turn to the light of the stars beyond. Kirk's eyes were bright, a wonder in the moment that was filled with life and verdant things.

?When you are old enough to stand here again,? Kirk vowed, feeling a prophesy with his words, ?the universe isn't going to know what hit them.?

[b]XCIII. Winter[/b]

Years pass, and the first model of the [i]Enterprise[/i] was set to take her last run before being docked permanently. She would become a museum piece now, open to the public that she had served ? the view of eyes who felt the stars from afar. She was a symbol of a heroic age now, now gone by.

Just like him.

?I'm getting old, Bones,? Kirk said wryly, placing a hand on the Enterprise's console. His touch was like that of a lover many years gone by, familiarity and age making the caress sacred. Around him the great ship hummed, echoing his affection.

[b]XCIV. Season[/b]

?It is incredibly unfair you know,? his wife of many years said from her vanity one morning. In her hands her hair was thick, streaked with silver.

Spock paused, and when his question passed through their minds, Nyota smiled and crossed to him. ?This,? she said, her hands coming to gently clasp his face, feeling smooth skin, not nearly as touched by time as hers. ?You age so much slower than me.?

Something heavy was in his throat, a stone. And still: ?Beautiful,? he whispered, lifting a reverent hand to her silvering hair, truth and affection coloring his words.

[b]XCV. Change[/b]

It was the first flight of the new model of the [i]Enterprise[/i], and James Grayson was stationed at its helm. The namesake of heroes, he was everything quick and bright that had been in his parents; everything hot and fervent that had been in his namesake ? wanderlust and solar fires burning right under his skin and bubbling over.

But when he sat in the Captain's chair, the hold felt like an embrace ? a memory as the soul of the great ship welcomed him. His eyes reflected the starlight when he turned to his pilot and ordered: ?Warp speed ahead.?

[b]~MJ[/b] [face_rose]

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    These were really sweet!! And the last line was just perfect :D

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Spring - yay for Bones and Summer - d'aww for Jim being a daddy! :)

Change - :D Always liked the way Picard said: "Engage." too. :D

Season -- oh Mira! This one touches me so profoundly on so many, many levels!

Something heavy was in his throat, a stone. And still: ?Beautiful,? he whispered, lifting a reverent hand to her silvering hair, truth and affection coloring his words.

His reaction to her statement and his words -- is it possible that I could love him more than I already do? I also love the thought that their minds speak so easily to each other.

[face_dancing]

"Wife of many years" how can a mere expression bring me such bliss?

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] !!!!!!!

There I go gushing again! ;)

LOL

P.S. So glad I was able to read these before I left for the week end, because I couldn't have stood to wait till Monday :* !!!!!

8. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    These are just wonderful! I enjoyed it so much! I love the story of James, and how he came about. And we all have the same ideas about the Enterprise family! You have inspired me AGAIN!

Not that you mind anyway.

:D

*sigh*

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Nat: Thanks!

Deb: [face_laugh] As always, your reviews are as much inspiration as your own writing is. [:D] I felt myself grinning like a loon while writing that one, and I am glad you enjoyed it as well. [face_love] I hope you enjoy your trip! :D

Master_Jay: And the circle continues. [face_laugh][face_dancing]

Alrighty, the last set will be up in a few. :)

~MJ @};-

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Author's Notes: As always, thank you to everyone who has taken the time to leave their thoughts through this mad run. You all make writing these a pleasure.

And so, until next time! [:D]

[blockquote][b]Week XX[/b]: [i]and if you would dare every star to move, I would carry you through[/i][/blockquote]

[b]XCVI. Cut[/b]

You know your first light in the height of Earth's morning.

The stars were still out far above you, staying past the night that cloaked them. They shone still ? dotting the rise of the day, solemnly watching the formation of you with a glimmer you strove to capture and give back as your own. Over you, men scrambled, visions in their eyes that their hands forged and poured over to make reality. Starlight made tangible.

That first bolt was struck, the first plate fastened with a cheer; and slowly, you were built with your hands reaching towards the skies above.

[b]XCVII. Wrap[/b]

Over time, there are different hands in the bones of you. More than the builders, these are the souls who you would carry on towards the heavens. There is one pair of hands that you know like an echo of your own pulse. You wrap yourself around this new touch, connected. This one was kindred to you. Starstruck. This one would lead you far from the ground.

?What name did you submit to the pool?? the first asked, the man they called Admiral.

The one that they called Captain ? her Captain to be, stretched his mouth about a smile, and said: ?Enterprise.?

[b]XCVIII. Done[/b]

Your first voyage saw so many deprived of a last destination ? a port to take their homeward bound feet to. You are torn and burn, and still you give the burning heart of yourself so that those aboard you could see their world slayer done away with. A great dragon of the stars, and you saw him done in flames.

You barely escape the void of a star, but it was worth it for the one you felt at the core of you ? his pulse beating where yours could not. One voyage passed, and already you could see through his eyes ? looking starside for the next.

[b]XCIX. Over[/b]

Years pass.

Your crew lives. Breathes. These men and woman flicker through your halls, shielded in your embrace as you dealt them through the great cosmos around you. How brilliantly your star burned with their ether. These little specks of light within you ? how celestial their grandeur was.

Time passes. Your bolts rust, are replaced. Enemy fires render you asunder, and careful hands put you together again. You live. You breath. The stars still burn.

Eventually, your mortal crew passes to times hold. But there is that next ? the generation to follow the paths between the stars already laid before them.

[b]C. Finish[/b]

?The old girl is going to miss me.? In the dim and empty halls of the [i]Enterprise[/i], Kirk's voice echoed. At his side, a long and graceful shadow, Spock raised a brow. Sentimentality, he thought, but could not counter.

So many years . . . Kirk's hands were weathered with every single one of them as he stroked the back of the Captain's chair. ?Do you think that the tale will end here??

There was something almost sly in the corner of Spock's eyes. Years amongst humanity, Kirk would wager, his own smile still young and starfull.

?For you, Captain?? his friend gave him. ?Never.?

[b]~MJ[/b][face_rose]

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    What a perfect way to end the series! The last two were my favorite. You absolutely captured the ship and her captain!!

12. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    OMG, Mira, that was insanely beautiful. I have such a smile on my face. You... are amazing!

*sigh*

I love the Enterprise. Prob more than I love Serenity, or the Falcon or Galactica.

Yes she is definitely my favortie ship and right behind it, Voyager.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, I was able to catch these! Brilliant, magnificent and very very cool! =D= =D= =D=

I, like Shannon, like the Enterprise the bestest because of Jim and Jean-Luc, the Han Solo and Talon Karde of the ST. [face_laugh]

Yes, Miranda, this is a fact. You. Are. Amazing.

=D=

:* [face_love] !!

Finish - this was my fave because it has the quintessential Jim/Spock feel.

I've just finished a book called The Girls of Ames about lady friends through joys and devastations of many, many years. @};-

And how blessed jim and Spock are to have such a friendship; they certainly, certainly deserve it!

Fat, large huggles!

[face_love]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect sets

And what a lovely way to end them with the reflections on age, the ship and her crew