main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] How Far We've Come- UDC 5 Week 20 Up 9/28/10 - Complete

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Master_Jaina1011, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I know I know I am a little late to the party but I figured in order to get my muse rolling i needed to do something to get it going. Since I am on a Star Trek kick, thanks to Mira_Jade and Jade_eyes. So here's my shot at the Star Trek reboot. Enjoy.

Doctor

James T. Kirk hated doctors, ever since he could remember. He hated them until that fateful day on the shuttle when he met one Dr. Leonard McCoy, who later became ?Bones? and one of his truest and best friends ever. Bones put up with him, fixed him up after drunken fights and after the trial, snuck onboard the Enterprise. Four years later, as Captain of the Enterprise, Jim started to like the word Doctor, and it became a good word again.

That was until Bones put a hypo in his neck, gleefully and he hated that word all over again.

Companion

?Come on, Bones, I don?t need a babysitter!?

McCoy scoffed as he helped his friend out of the jail he was held at. ?Right, kid. This is what the third time I have bailed you out??

Jim blushed a deep red. ?The second time does not count.?

Bones raised an eyebrow ?Please kid. That time Pike had to bail us both out cuz you wanted a cohort in crime.?

?Did not. All I wanted was a companion for the night and we just happened to be arrested.?

McCoy sighed. ?Right and the 10 shots of tequila didn?t help at all.?

Time

Time does not heal all wounds, Uhura thought as she paced up and down the hallway outside sickbay for the millionth time this month, as McCoy fought to heal Kirk and Spock after a very nasty away mission. Despite the bickering, she knew the three were afraid to lose each other as they had lost so much in their lives and clung to each other despite it all. For a reason Uhura could not comprehend, because she herself never felt that pain of losing a parent or child, those three would always jump before looking, if they had each other.

Space

Dr. Leonard McCoy hated spaced, hated every disease that came with it. In space, there was endless emptiness, no warmth, just coldness. Yet he joined Starfleet after his ex-wife took his life and daughter away and he realized he would have to face his fears of the coldness of space someday.

But his hatred of the coldness died down when he met a young kid by the name of James T. Kirk, and Jim showed him space could be warm, friendly and fun. That was until Klingons attacked or an away mission went bad and he regretted his decision, again.

Dimensions

Spock Prime hadn?t always shown emotions as he had when he saw Vulcan destroyed. He had been logical, in control, until he met one James T. Kirk and his captain, his friend changed his ways. As he looked at the younger face of his now dead friend, Spock realized that in this time, no matter how young that the names James T. Kirk and Spock would be forever destined to be great.

As he learned over time, that the Enterprise, no matter what dimension, would have had the same crew, the same determination as his did. It was quite fascinating.

Whew. First one outta the way. Working on the others right now. I do have an OC that I will introduce you too in the coming ones. She's in my other ST reboot story on ff.net. Now all I have to do is tell my brain to shut off...

2. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Good job! It was a very interesting read!

3. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    myjop2: Thanks. I hope enjoy the next one too.

Alrighty then, my muse has yet to go away. As of this moment its being hit very hard cuz I really do need sleep. Anyways, here's the second set,and I am introducing my OC, Audrey Pearce in this one. You will get to know her in coming sets or if you wanna know more, find me on ff.net and read that How Far We've Come.

Island

?You know, Jim you could have stranded us on a nice island somewhere instead of burning hot desert, where we stand no chance.?

?The heat is not that bad, Bones.?

?Not bad, my ass. I?m a doctor Jim, not a lizard.?

?You?re only cranky because you broke your communicator.?

?What difference does it make, Jim? We are stuck in a desert with no water, or food.?

?Scotty and Spock will find us any minute now Bones I swear and we will be back on the Enterprise. Besides we have water.?

?Jim, whiskey does not count as water.?

?Whatever, Bones, drink.?

Survival

?Come on, Spock. It?s called survival of the fittest. I am sure you had to have heard the saying somewhere.?

?If that were true, Captain, then you would be not be here right now.?

?Are you calling me lazy, Spock??

?It would be illogical to call you the fittest between both of us.?

?Spock, did you just make a joke??

?Of course not, Captain. I was only stating the obvious.?

?Spock! You are making fun of me! This is a first.?

?Making fun? How can I make fun out of??

?Wow, Spock. You really do need to get out more.?

Lost

Jim chewed nervously on his lip as he stared at his navigator and pilot in front of him.

?Please explain to me how we can be lost in space??

Chekov turned red as the Captain stared at the view screen ahead of him.

?It seems logical that somehow Ensign Chekov mispunched a number, Captain.? Spock answered as he swiveled the Captain?s chair toward Chekov directly.

Sulu snickered as poor Chekov hunched over his console, going over his calculations again.

Jim turned his chair toward the pilot.

?Just remember Sulu. Starships do have parking brakes.? The snickering stopped.

Chekov just grinned.

Other

?Sometimes I wonder how Uhura can put up with that pointy eared hobgoblin.?

Jim shrugged as he drank another swig of whiskey as Bones rambled on and in return got a pointed glare from the other occupant of the room, Commander Audrey Pearce.

?I?m not just going to agree with him Audrey.?

?Please, it?s not like you can put up with his logical ways all the time.?

?It?s true Jim, there could be other First Officers out there.?

?But none who will jump in front of me and save me from angry aliens.?

?He does have a point there, Leo.?

Flashback

The first time he saw her, it was in Sickbay, covered in bruises and blood, both red and green. Jim could never forget how he stared at her face, unmarred by any scars and how beautiful it was at that very moment. Audrey Pearce was now a part of his life and he wouldn?t change it for the world.

?What are you thinking about?? her voice sounded behind him. He turned around, and saw her standing there, bathed in soft starlight, her pregnant belly rounded under her gold tunic. Jim reached out to touch his child and smiled brightly.

?You.?

I had to include one mushy scene in there. My muse insisted on it. Now off i go to bed. The muse must sleep.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    You have the snark down and I'm glad to see you back among us again!!!! I haven't forgotten about your J/J fic either LOL

[:D]

Intriguing OC you have there for Jim -- I have him paired with Christine Chapel -- fun and convenient -- gets her to stop crushing over Spock :p

And if you're mystified about why Nyota has chosen Spock, I would be very happy to ramble on for the next 20 or so years [face_laugh] =P~ seriously, I've loved him that long and that was before they got together SQUEEEEEE!

5. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Jade_eyes:How could you ever forget me? And I solely blame you for the Star Trek obsession. Though I do have a present for you in these drabbles!

And in this set we feature not only my fav Captain Kirk, but Spock/Nyota and even Sarek/Amanda. and oh Pavel too!

Far

Pavel may be a genius when it came to physics and math but he was also only seventeen and very far from home. It could be sad the young Russian was homesick, so every time a call came through from home, the Captain just nodded and Pavel flew off the bridge to answer it.

One day, the Captain saw him after one of the transmissions and had a wistful look on his face.

?You are very lucky, Pavel, to have a family like that.?

?Thank you, Keptin. It is very difficult being away from them.?

The captain smiled. He understood.

Prisoners

Vulcans were definitely prisoners of their own emotions, Amanda surmised as she should in front of Sarek, her arms crossed. As a human woman, she was fuming. She liked Sarek, for reasons beyond her, and all he was doing was standing there, staring back emotionlessly.

?Your emotions are highly illogical, Amanda.? She just stared back when Sarek held up his hand to her face. ?May I??

She nodded and was instantly flooded with emotions of affection, amusement?and was that love? She reveled in them even as Sarek took his hand away.

Maybe Vulcans weren?t prisoners of their emotions. She was.

Peacekeepers

Jim was laying on a biobed, listening to Spock and Bones argue over the regulations for landing parties, since apparently their own captain can?t keep out of trouble. He always tried to be the peacekeeper between the two but apparently they forgot he was sitting in between them. Jim then noticed Audrey and Nyota enter sickbay and was relieved to see them come toward him.

?Ladies, you are my hero. Please tell them to stop acting like two year olds and to patch me up already??

Soon enough, the four of them were arguing and Jim was still lying there.

Uncharted

Nyota was in uncharted territory when it came to her Vulcan instructor, Spock. She had never met a Vulcan before him, and she was quite fascinated by his personality. As he walked her back to her dorm, after assisting her with her class work, she assumed it was unknown territory for him also.

What she didn?t expect, as they arrived at her door, was the adoration in his eyes as he leaned down to kiss her. Whoever said Vulcans were emotionless robots, (it might have been Leo) were absolutely wrong.

They were some of the best kissers in the Federation.

Scape

Jim will never forget the scape of the Iowa countryside as his footsteps crunched in the snow beneath them. His mind will never forget the way to his mother, despite all her faults as he approaches the rickety, old house he called home for 18 years of his life. As he stopped, he heard the grumblings of his fiancée, best friend and first officer, and the excited squeal of Joanna.

He was ready to turn around to shush them when the door opened to reveal a still beautiful Winona Kirk, who smiled. Even now it was good to be home.

Gotta love the mush. I do. These ones just spoke to me. And now the muse must go away again so i can eat and get ready for work. Let me know what you think!

Master_Jaina1011

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I never forget a fellow J/J-er [face_dancing]

Prisoners -- oh this works beautifully for part of a ficlet I'm working on for Sarek/Amanda -- she's upset and he "touches" her just that way and everything melts inside. I am going to call it Moonglow -- because of the song and it happens on an evening stroll. :D

Scape -- got that right!!! Gaila called Spock hot and delicious in one of Mira's one shots and one of Nyota's friends in the diary called them the source of having your socks rocked off -- I've always had an inkling that under that calm exterior lurks not only a heart of sheer unadulterated integrity, loyalty, and honesty, purity of soul, but the hottest karking lovers ever to be born of a woman!!!

Whew!!!

OK, I'll stop now, for now [face_laugh]

SQUEE!

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh!! You followed the cookies to the dark - erm, Star Trek side! Welcome. [:D]

And man, I am adoring your drabbles so far - and so I don't feel the least bit guilty for being named as an instigator. [face_mischief]

Alrighty, my more articulate thoughts:

Week One

Doctor: You have Jim and Bones down pat. :p Have you thought about checking out the bromance challenge over at the Holodeck? You may excel at it. ;)

Companion: lol!! I love seeing McCoy surly at the memory of the Wingman role gone wrong. [face_laugh] Your banter is spot on. :D

Time: Beautiful way of showing Uhura's worry (SQUEE ? shipper moment!! [face_love] and also the closeness of the trio. The last line was beautiful. [face_love]

Space: Serving under Jim, in a nut shell. [face_laugh]

Dimensions: Chilling and poignant. Perfect way to wrap this set up. =D=

:D

Week Two:

Island: Your bickering is classic. [face_laugh]

Survival: And the bickering without meaning to bicker. [face_laugh] Oh, sweet clueless adorable sweetie-pie ? I love him for moment like these. [face_love]

Lost: lol!! Jim sticking up for the kid. Lost in space. *snickers*

Other: Well, I can give you Uhura's reasons. [face_whistling] But Jim's are pretty good as well. [face_love]. I am very much liking your Audrey. :)

Flashback: Aww!! So sweet! [face_love]

Week Three:

(You work fast!!) [face_laugh] ;)

Far: I like the juxtaposition of Pavel's warm family, and Jim's upbringing. That kid is adorable. [face_love]

Prisoners: Be still my fangirl heart, but that was just perfect ? my introduction to Star Trek was 'Sarek' by A.C. Crispin, and those two hold a dear, dear place in my heart. [face_love] That was perfect!!!

Peacekeeper: lol!!!!!! [face_laugh]

Uncharted: Erm, I will take a dozen more like that to go. With whip cream and a cherry on top. Oh lands, but that just put a smile on my face . . . [face_love]

Scape: And a perfect wrap. [face_love]

You are an excellent drabble-er!! I can't wait to read more of these. [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

8. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Jade_eyes: Why, thank you. I was kinda iffy on Sarek/Amanda but apparently I hit it straight on. I do love them because I do picture Amanda as a feisty individual who is still human. There is definitely going to be more of her. And I can't wait for yours.

As for Spock, hell even I know that man has got it in him. :D

Mira_Jade: Do you know how happy it makes me that you replied!!!! So very happy because honestly you helped inspire this, fall to i mean turn to Star Trek. O:)

I actually am going to try the bromance challenge but I'm going to put it to a vote on which bromance drabble people want to see extended. And thanks for saying I have the bickering down pat. I love Kirk/Bones and the way they interact with each other.

As for Sarek/Amanda. Thank you, I was kinda up in the air at that one but they insisted to be in that one. Like there are insisting on being in some more.

and Spock/Nyota I love them and I am glad I did them justice. Trust me there will be more to come.

And i work fast when the muse is hyper. Like it was at work today. So yes you get more as of right now. Two actually. And again thank you.

And here we go again. Set four and five. Blame the staring at the screen aimlessly at work. And i might even work on the SW ones too. Today we feature Jim/Audrey and focus on the new Captain James T. Kirk.
    Disclaimer: Totally meant to put this at the beginning but...I own nothing. Cept Audrey

Smart

?Come on Bonesy, you know I?m smart.?

?Stupid is more like it. If you were smart, you wouldn?t go around getting into fights, now would ya??

Jim pouted. ?I have street smarts.

Bones raised an eyebrow. ?And sometimes no common sense.?

Silence reigned between the two as they trudged back to campus, which was hopefully deserted at 4am on a Sunday morning. The two roommates looked like clowns, holding each other up as they stumbled across the green grass.

?You have to admit, it was a pretty good fight, Bones.?

?If you count the fact it was four against one.?

?99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer!?

?Aye doctor, I would say it?s more like 99 bottles of ale on the wall.?

Jim heard his Chief Engineer and CMO laugh drunkenly as he approached the spot where Scotty hid his stash. Apparently they had started without him.

?Jim! Sorry we started without ya but it couldn?t be helped.? Jim sat down next to the two drunken idiots and grabbed his own bottle to start on.

?Then I will just have to catch up to you two.?

?What number were we on again, Scotty??

?Right, 99 bottles??

Chief

Being the Chief Intelligence Officer, Commander Audrey Pearce had many missions where the cloak and dagger aspects came into play. Today was not one of them as her Captain stomped behind her, pouting. It was also her duty to ensure her boyfriend was in top shape and if that meant gathering intelligence on how to trick James T. Kirk into getting his physical then so be it.

?I am so not allowing you into my quarters ever again.?

?Now where would be the fun in that??

?Why did I fight to get you on this ship??

?Because you love me.?

Agents

Jim had always thought his senior crew and officers were agents of tranquility and peace. His stance was soon rectified as he stepped into the jail cell that held his entire command minus himself. From the looks of them, they were now agents of destruction and were being held as such.

?What exactly did you guys do?? He looked pointedly at Spock, who raised an eyebrow which equaled a Vulcan shrug.

?Let?s just say that the USS Lincoln crew will forever remember why we are the flagship.? Bones said, as the others agreed.

Jim did not want to know anymore.

Shoe

Jim was looking for his errant boot when he came upon a red, leather boot under the bed. And a few feet behind that one was its partner. Somehow he knew these were not Audrey?s.

?Rey, why do you have red leather boots and why are they under the bed??

Audrey rounded the corner. ?Oh, Nyota let me borrow them. Told me they worked wonders.?

9. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    I stand corrected. The muse wanted to get out more so here's the last one for today, I swear.

DVD Box Set One
    26.-30. Choose any challenge set from UDC1 or UDC2.
    Week 10 (11.26.07) From UDC 2

Water

?Jim! You?re allergic to water. How in God?s name are you allergic to water??

?Bones I am not allergic to water. I drink it all the time.?

?Captain, I must agree with the doctor. The only thing you drank or even touched was water on the planet.?

?See even Spock agrees with me. You. Are. Allergic. To. Water.?

?But only on this planet. There has to be something in it to make me allergic to it.?

?Captain, may I inquire on why you insisted??

?Seriously, Jim. I still can?t believe you are allergic to water.?

?Can I go now??

?Water!?

Wine

Amanda had decided on their fifth date to introduce Sarek to Terran version of alcohol and her favorite, wine. So as she set the red liquid in front of him, he raised an eyebrow inquisitively.

?It is called wine. I figured you need to introduced to another human custom.? The eyebrow remained raised. ?Most humans drink wine at dinner, or on special occasions.?

?This is a special occasion??

She chuckled. ?Yes it is. We made it past the third date.?

?Date? You mean the stardate??

She shook her head. Of course she had to fall in love with a Vulcan.

Ale

Jim woke up in the brig. How he got there, well he had absolutely no idea. He vaguely remembered meeting his command crew in the Rec Deck on six and seeing tons of Romulan Ale. He looked around carefully, trying to figure out a way how he could break out.
    He heard familiar voices outside as the field shimmered and dissipated and there stood Audrey and Bones.

?Oh thank God, I thought we lost you.?

?Lost me? Is that how I ended up here??

?Honestly, we have no idea.?

?Next time we are not drinking the ale. I forbid it.?

Tea

McCoy would never admit to anyone but he had a passion for Vulcan tea. So after long days in Sickbay, he would secretly go into Spock?s stash and make himself some. That was until Spock caught him.

?What exactly are you doing, Doctor??

?What does it look like, Spock??

?It seems logical that the only item of importance is my tea.? The emphasis on MY tea made McCoy slightly afraid. Slightly.

?Well since you?re here, I might as well ask. Can I??

?No.?

?No??

?You may not have my tea. It appeases my palette.?

?Please, Spock. Just one cup.?

?No!?

Juice

Winona handed her son a full glass of apple juice as she sat across from him, memorizing the laugh lines on his face. It had been years since she had seen him this happy.

?He?s exactly like me you know.? He said, sipping on his juice. Winona looked at her grandson, playing in the other room with his mother, apple juice in one hand and watching cartoons.

?He has picked up on some of your traits.?

?I just hope I can be a good father.?

?You already are.?

?How do you know??

?Because you and Audrey love him. That?s all.?

I had to do this one because I wanted to do something on Jim being allergic to water. oh and McCoy stealing Spock's tea. Hmmm... the muse is tired now. So please review and we shall see all of you in the morning.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Stop it!! Your Audrey is like too fun!! LOL!!!!

She's so like Jaina -- I almost expect Jim to sprout Jag's green eyes [face_dancing]

Shoe -- yippee!!!! Those boots come in handy!!

And wine -- happy sigh!!!!!

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Set Four:

Smart: I love so many different things about this that it is hard to pick one. I love the bromance, and the bickering. I love McCoy playing a mother!hen, and I love cocky Kirk. I love the mental image of them stumbling home together as well. [face_laugh] The last line took the cake though - that was so perfectly IC that I can't stand it. :p

99: OMG!! You did the drinking fic. *wipes tear* You are beautiful. [:D]

Chief: That's love. [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

Agents: Kirk . . . bailing everyone out. :eek: What twisted the universe around in that one? :p Perfect!!! This reminded me of the Tribble episode where Scotty got in a fight with the Klingons, not for insulting the Captain - but for dissing on the Enterprise. Respect the girl - respect! :p I would love to see a longer version of that one. [face_batting]

Shoe: Ah! The Louvre-worthy-agents-of-seduction work their wonders again? [face_batting] I loved Jim [face_sick] over the mental image, thought. [face_mischief]

Set Five

Super: Aw! I love proud Pike. [face_love]

Bat: Aww! Crew mush!! [face_love]

Wonder: Wonderful! =D=

Hawk: I loved how this one showed the start of the trio. Really, this whole set had a beautiful underlying theme. [face_love]

Lantern: Perfect. [face_love]

Set Six

Water: OMG! My sides hurt giggling at that one! [face_laugh][face_love]

Wine: Oh, more Amanda and Sarek - you know that I am completely spoiled now? :p. Good for Amanda getting him to drink - I know Vulcans rarely indulge in it. I loved his logical take on 'date'. [face_laugh][face_love]

Ale: [face_laugh]!!

Tea: lol!!!! Territorial Vulcan, and childish McCoy. I like it. ;)

Juice: And a perfect wrap.

=D=

~MJ @};-

12. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Jade_eyes: I love my Audrey. She is a bit like Jaina but different in alot of ways. I came up with that idea from you and Mira.

Mira_Jade: Hey I told you I had a drinking fic plan. I couldn't help that one. It called to me.

And yes I am actually planning to do a short fic about everyone getting into trouble but Kirk. It should be up soon...maybe after Celebration. And the shoe thing was inspired by you.

And Amanda/Sarek slowly becoming favs of mine. They are just too cute to write. I had a feeling you might get a kick outta the Spock/McCoy tea thing.

A/N: And we get some nice background on my OC, Audrey. She just insisted that this be about her. And yes she is somewhat based on Jaina. But she is perfect for Jim. As you'll see.

Week Seven

Iron

Sulu watched the stand off between the two females and their respective males with interest. Nyota and Audrey were strong willed women who didn?t take well to men thinking they couldn?t do their jobs. And both Kirk and Spock were having difficulties talking them out of this mission.

?You know very well we can take on anything.?

?You?re still not going.?

?Iron fist or not Kirk, Audrey can take you down in a fight.?

?Audrey gets in as much trouble as I do.?

?Yet I come home almost unscathed every time, unlike you.?

Sulu had to agree with Audrey.

Challenge

?You sure about this Bones??

?I never back down from challenges even from women.?

Jim looked between his best friend and girlfriend. ?If you say so Bones. You haven?t drank with her yet.?

?You should know, Jim I can hold my liquor.?

Jim heard the snickers from Scotty and Sulu and just rolled his eyes as Audrey and Bones started their shots for the night.

Ten shots later, the rest of them had joined in as Audrey slammed back her eleventh without any hesitation. Bones? drink, on the other hand almost didn?t make it to his mouth.

Jim just laughed.

Stadium

On the Enterprise, every month bets were taken to see if their Captain would lose a fight. So far, Kirk had lost to Spock and many had lost and won a lot of money on that fight. Today however, his crew was lined up for a different reason. To see him take on the new bridge officer who just happened to be his girlfriend. Even Bones had come from sickbay to watch and of course patch up if necessary.

She circled around him, ready to pounce. ?You ready honey??

Kirk smiled. ?Always am, sweetheart.?

He lost within just five minutes.

Chairman

?You want me to what?!?

?Hon, listen, its only to appease the Admiralty. They just to make sure you are getting along with the rest of the females.?

The Audrey glare was full on and Jim had to flinch.

?Not only do you want me to join the knitting club but you want me to be the chairman??

Her voice climbed a few octaves.

?Please? For me??

?It?s the knitting club, Jim. Knitting! I am female, see have the parts and everything.?

?Just don?t poke yourself with a needle, ok??

?I might have to. To save me from the boredom.?

Chef

Jim could not cook to save his life. Apparently you could burn water if you let Jim cook that's how bad he was. So Bones took it upon himself to cook whenever he had the time, so when Audrey came along he was almost relieved to have a woman who would cook.

Bones was wrong.

Audrey could burn anything and everything. According to the red head, she had a fascination with fire. Therefore she could not cook because she was too distracted by the flames.

Let it be said, Bones cooked once and they got distracted. No more flames, ever.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That was definitely a fun set =D=

Iron and Chairman -- LOL!!

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Your muse is simply incredible - any chance that she can poke mine in the behind to get her moving? [face_laugh] :rolleyes:

Week Seven

Iron: That's our girls - strong and beautiful that can go kick-butt in zero to sixty in a second kinda manner. [face_laugh] The line about coming home unscathed - like Jim, as well, was a great addition. =D=

Challenge: Ack, I'm loosing faith in our Kentucky born and bred boy. [face_laugh]

Stadium: Oh, he will never let that one down . . . [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

Chairman: Oh, please. The sexist pigs of the Admiralty can go poke themselves with the needle. ;)

Chef: lol!!!

~MJ @};-

15. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Mira_Jade: I wanted another girl who could kick some butt like Nyota. They need some strong females to prove them wrong. And Jade_eyes: thank you! And yes my muse is hyperactive. Didn't let me sleep last night either.

And without further adieu here is week...hold on I lost track... eight

Week 8

Ducks

?Did you say that it was ducks??

?Yes.?

?How did Jim talk to you into that one??

?He pouted.? A glare was shot across the room.

?The Jim pout. It should be patented. Along with his puppy eyes.?

?It was both that got us into this trouble. If it wasn?t for..Ow!.?

?You deserved it.?

?For what??

?For going along with Jim?s insane and stupid plans for shore leave.?

?How was I supposed to know that ducks hate to be petted??

?It?s common sense really.?

?Do you really expect Jim and me to use common sense??

?Doesn?t surprise me one bit.?

Money

Uhura learned the hard way not to bet against Jim. For all the stupid thing the man had done, he had proved her wrong more than a couple of times. So when she put in her bet on if and when Jim asked out Audrey, she hadn?t realized that her captain was capable of secrets.

So when Spock held his hand expectedly after it was revealed to the command crew that Jim and Audrey had actually been dating for a few months, did Nyota realize her own boyfriend kept that one from her.

Her captain still teases her about it.

Uncle

?You?re an uncle, Jimmy.?

?I can see that.? Jim replied, his grin wide. The tiny infant on the screen in his brother?s arms was beyond beautiful as his niece opened her eyes. ?Sam, she is beautiful.?

?So when is the Enterprise coming near Earth again??

?Not soon enough.? Jim said as his door opened to reveal Audrey, who quietly sat down behind him.

?Is that our niece?? she asked breathlessly. Jim could only nod as the small one started crying and Sam had to go. He turned to her, tears in his clear blue eyes.

?I never??

?Jim. I?m pregnant.?

Gizmo

?Kirk! I am not naming our child, Gizmo!?

?Oh come on, Ny, Gizmo is such an awesome name.?

?Jim, even I must say that name is highly illogical.? Jim turned to Audrey, who sat next to Nyota both of them rolling their eyes.

?Oh no, Jim, you are not naming ours that either. You know we have settled on a name.?

?Audrey!!!? Jim whined as Bones just snickered.

?You?re outnumbered Jim, by not one but two pregnant women.?

?And logically??

?Cut the crap Spock and just tell Jim outright that Gizmo is not a name for a child.?

?But??

?No!!!?

Tales

The children of the Enterprise grew up not thinking of how could they live up to their parents? tales of heroism (or stupidity in Jim?s case) but how much they were cherished and loved. Each parents had doubts when they became one in space, but in the end vowed not to allow their children lead the lives they had.

Even as the crew parted ways, spread across the galaxy, they maintained one thing, their friendship with one another and soon enough, their families became intertwined. In the end, Spock Prime was right; they were destined to be heroes, nothing else.

Well then, the muse is demanding I start a new series of ficlets, somewhat expanding on these before I continue with my epic. So be on the look out...[face_whistling]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi there!!!!

Great use of the prompts this go around. =D=

I really see Audrey as being the one who asked him out for a date like: "If I waited for you to ask --" LOL!!!

I'm going to have Jaina ask Jag to marry her in my coming up morsel -- she's going to be wearing a teddy when she does it -- LOL

How can he refuse? [face_dancing]

I have an OC for another one of the bridge crew -- an up and coming Engineer for Sulu named Yolette. [face_dancing]

Aren't OCs fun?

Huggles!!!!!

17. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Jade_eyes: Oh yes OC's are so much fun. You create them, mold them and somehow just fall in love with them. Or the other characters do.

Well then, after some nice inspiration from Troy Denning, Christie Golden and last but not least Aaron Alston, I have come back with so much of it, I had to write these. These are my starting points for some one shots or ficlets to come. I might even give you the story of how Audrey ended up on the Enterprise.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, except for Audrey.

Pretty happy with these. They went their own way.

Week Nine:

Murder

James T. Kirk had watched with his very two eyes several murders, specifically Nero. Nero murdered his father, then killed billions of Vulcans, and so happened at the same time to murder Spock?s mother. Nero murdered his fellow classmates, all while planning the destruction of one single planet.

But before that, Jim had seen young children, teenagers, adults killed by famine, then by a militant that murdered more before his very eyes, the memories burned in his brain.

So as the captain watched Nero?s ship be destroyed, he didn?t feel guilt, he felt liberation. For once, he felt relief. Finally.

Mystery

Audrey awoke to see Nyota sitting at her bedside, her gaze riveted on the three men outside of the room, who were quietly disagreeing.

?Good, you?re awake. Kirk will be happy to know that.?

Audrey raised an eyebrow as all three males turned their heads toward her. She sighed.

?No matter what I think, my captain will remain a mystery to me. I figured out Vulcans but James T. Kirk, he keeps surprising me.?

Audrey stared at the compassionate blue eyes that were trained on her. Jim mystified her also, though she suspected he was afraid.

Well? so was she.

Writer
    McCoy and Jim had started a tradition while rooming together at the academy, realizing that their PADD?s somehow disappeared when they really needed to communicate non-verbally. So if one of them, had a thought or wanted to let the other know where they were, the two cadets would leave the fabled post it notes in random places.

It continued on the Enterprise, where Bones would find random Post Its on his desk in his office, or on a biobed. Jim had brought a piece of Earth with them on the Enterprise.

McCoy had never known a truer friend than him.

Retired

According to Christopher Pike, he was retired and the title Admiral was only the Federation?s way of saying too bad you can?t go back into space. The day he handed the Enterprise over to his own prodigy, he couldn?t help but feel a twinge of sadness.

When Pike saw Kirk?s face on the comm before him, the Admiral knew something was up.

?Heard somewhere that you could fly again, Admiral.? Kirk face broke out in a smile. ?Also heard that space is good physical therapy.?

Pike pondered the statement and instantly realized what Kirk was offering.

Another chance to live.

Teacher

The crew of the Enterprise had plenty of teachers and inspirations while at the Academy. Even Kirk would admit that Pike had taught him everything that he knew. Nothing had prepared them for the tragic events that were about to unfold. No one told them what it was like to lose friends, even family all while trying to save the Federation.

The moment they embarked on the five year mission, did they realize that instructors could instruct scenarios or mathematic equations but it was life itself that was the teacher.

They were the instant pupils of life. They proved it.

Yeah I am happy with them. Cuz they came to me. I felt the need to be philosophical and yet convey their thoughts. Let me know what you think. Gonna go work on the next set and that "Jim bails everyone out" fic.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great response to the challenge!!!

=D=

Enjoyed Mystery -- lovers who get a sense of wonder and discovery out of their relationship -- marvelous. :D As long as they never lose it [face_dancing]

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I missed a week? How could I have missed . . . :oops: :p

If you wish to, please, feel free to send me PMs so I get around to reading. I would greatly appreciate it! [face_batting]

Ducks: Jim and common sense is as far fetched as Jim and ducks makes sense . . . Scary. :p

Money: Gah, Spock, let your girl in on the joke - erm, secret. [face_laugh]

Uncle: Happy families all around. [face_love]

Gizmo: What an awesome name. ;) Sure works if you want a gremlin . . . [face_mischief]

Tales: A great way to sum it all up. :D

Murder: Talos IV, Tarus IV? was it? Gah, our poor guy has already seen so much, you captured his emotions perfectly with this one. =D=

Mystery: Another great character moment - our trio being them and Nyota being mystified, and that underlying fear that also tingles like right before you jump . . . Aw, she'll have nothing to worry about. [face_love]

Writer: You know what, I can see McCoy being the anti-technology mn even to begin with - the postits were inspired. :)

Retired: I love Pike, I do, I do, I dooo. [face_love] And I love how he's getting another shot at the stars in this one. [face_dancing]

Teacher: Another great wrap. Seriously, you should be proud. =D=

And the bails out fic is coming . . . Yippee!! [face_dancing]

If you ever need a beta reader for anything or everything I'd love to offer up my services! [:D]

~MJ @};-

20. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Jade_eyes:Thank you. Mystery just was set perfectly with all of them.

Mira_Jade:I'll start sending you PM's then. Glad you liked it. I am proud of those. I like to have some underlying theme if it's appropriate. and its Tarsus IV. And I can just see McCoy and Jim doing the post it notes.

And I already sent you something.
    This week's came to me a bit ago. As you can probably tell I love Jim Kirk. But this...this is a different side of him.

Week Ten Can I have the honor of...

Captain

?I?m a Captain, Bones.?

?Yes you are Jim.?

"I really am Captain of the Enterprise! I never though this could happen.?

?Again I question the sanity of the Admiralty, but no one could have pulled off what you did, kid.?

?You mean between the smuggling, the allergic reaction, getting marooned, meeting another Spock, meeting Scotty, and then emotionally compromising our Spock?? Jim said, his blue eyes twinkling happily. ?Not to mention, beaming abroad Nero?s ship, rescuing Pike and getting back unharmed.?

?Anyone could see you?re meant to be captain, Jim.?

?Are you proud of me, Bones??

?Of course I am.?

Pilot

?Sulu, wait up!? The helmsman turned around to see a rather flustered Jim Kirk running his way. He stopped to let him catch up to him. ?I was trying to catch you after what everyone said.?

?What do you mean, Captain?? With the word, Captain, the other man just stood up straight, his blue eyes boring into his.

?You told the Admiralty you would serve under no one else. Why??

?Despite the rumors, sir, you are selfless. You risked your life to save mine. I couldn?t imagine another Captain.?

?Can I have the honor of having you as my pilot??

Mechanic
    Scotty was tinkering with one of his replicators when Jim Kirk entered his quarters unannounced. ?Still trying to get those sandwiches are we, Scotty??

?Aye, Captain. Craving some roast beef and none of these will give ?em to me.? Jim sat down carefully across from him, a question in his blue eyes.

?You?re the third person today to call me Captain.?

?Well you are, sir.?

?Thanks Scotty. I talked to Admiral Archer after being told I was getting the Enterprise.?

?Sorry, lad but that beagle hasn?t shown up yet.?

?Not what I meant. You?re Chief Engineer on the Enterprise, Scotty.?

Mercenary

?You?re like a mercenary, Kirk, stalking your crew.?

?It?s Jim, Uhura, and I actually came to ask a question.?

?It better not be if you can call me by my first name.?

An exasperated sigh. ?No. Why did you tell the Admiralty you would serve under no one else??

Nyota was taken aback. She had never seen this side of Jim before. ?Because you were made for that chair. You saved us from the destruction of the rest of the fleet. I owe you my life.?

?Would you still serve on the Enterprise under me??

?It?d be my honor. Captain.?

Serenity

Jim had everyone in place, his helmsman, navigator, chief engineer, chief communications officer, and his Chief Medical Officer. Only thing left was a First Officer. Now only if he could convince him.

?Spock, may I have a moment??

?Of course, Captain. What may I help you with??

?I need a first officer. You know someone who can surround my craziness with serenity.?

?You know I cannot, Jim.?

?I?ll make it harder, ask for character references.?

?I apologize, Captain for any misconceptions.?

?You told the Admiralty you would be honored to serve under me.?

?I would.?

?See you on the bridge.?

Oh the inspirations these prompts have. taking away my time from packing. *sigh*

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy wriggles over Mercenary and Serenity.

:D

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, those were too cute for words! [face_love]

Captain
    : Aww, he was like a puppy here, with the big eyes and the 'pet me because you're proud of me face'. [face_love]

Mercenary: Aww, I love seeing them two play nice. [face_love]

Serenity: Hands down favorite. =D=

That was an amazingly cute read!

[face_love]

~MJ @};-

23. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    These are truly amazing little glimpses into the crew. Love every one of them. You have each of the characters down pat and more. =D=

24. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Jade_eyes & Mira_Jade: That was a very fun prompt. I did like the last two also. They were fun to write. And yes Jim and his puppy dog eyes!

RX_Sith:Thank you! I was hoping I got the characters right because they just speak to me!

A/N: Again don't own this universe! Also, I enjoyed this one too because well...I could up with many with these prompts. By far my favorite is Sales only because I deal with those people on an everyday basis and they make my life a living hell sometimes. So Enjoy!

Week Eleven

Office

Jim didn?t have an actual office. He had his ready room, but his office was everywhere. The bridge was his office, his quarters, and even the mess hall.

When he had become captain, Jim was determined to let his crew know he was always there when they needed him. However, at times, all he wanted was peace so he could actually get paperwork done.

?I have logic, Spock?plenty of it. I lived with him for three years!?

?But your logic is faulty, Doctor??

?Boys, leave Jim alone.? Jim looked at Audrey gratefully.

Silence met him as the two shuffled away.

Sales

?Sir, I must insist that Hawaii is beautiful this time of year.?

?Again, whoever you are, I?m a captain of a spaceship. In space, across the galaxy. I do not need a timeshare.?

?It?s good for over a year?Captain.?

?Apparently you can?t take a no. Goodbye.? Jim sat back and sighed. He would have to talk to Nyota about this. How can telemarketers call a spaceship? It had to be illegal.

The problem was it got him thinking of the next shore leave, with Audrey. On a tropical planet with beautiful beaches? Yes he really loathed those salesmen.

Next shoreleave?definitely.

Accounting

Jim had gathered the heads of his departments onboard for the monthly budget meeting, something he loathed as much as Klingons.

?Jim, I need that allotment of hypos!?

?Well Bones, if you didn?t see the need to hypo everyone, I wouldn?t have a problem with it.?

?Captain, I need that communications upgrade!?

?Well maybe if you didn?t let telemarketers through I would think about it.?

?Captain, May I intervene, the science lab??

?Not before the hypos Spock. Your precious experiments can wait!?

?Do you guys wanna be able to receive calls from home??

He just remained quiet. This was useless.

Management

Jim looked at his PADD as he watched his senior officers bicker over various things at their morning meeting. He had managed to schedule his entire senior crew alpha shift, with some pulling doubles just so he could hold this very important meeting.

So far all they had accomplished was bickering over whose department was better. Even Audrey was baiting Spock who in turn was baiting Bones, who was in turn?very grumpy.

?Enough!? Jim finally yelled, his migraine getting worse and he had just woken up. ?This is not what we are here for.?

Silence. Finally Jim had some decorum.

Temp

?Jim, you have to tell her to stop screaming whenever a hypo comes near her.?

?Sorry, Bones you know I can?t even stop that. Blame the incident on Risa.?

?It has to. That?s the fourth nurse Audrey?s scared away in a month. A month!?

?Look at it this way; at least you know which ones who can trust with me! Anyone else isn?t worth having on this ship if they can?t see what?s really bothering her.?

?I hate it when you?re right.?

?I know my girlfriend, Bones. Whatever they gave her, still affects her.?

?But still?four nurses? Temporary, my ass.?

You know these are so much fun that I thinking, after I move of course, of taking the route of doing ficlets also. Because man, this is so much fun. Especially with this crew!

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ah! The icky persnickety nuts and bolts that must be dealt with in between high adventures LOL

Ah! yes, do the ficlets [face_dancing]

No word limit :D and you would think that they'd have a subspace calls "do not call registry" [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.