main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Inevitable (Victorian Roulette Response Jim/Audrey, academy era)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Master_Jaina1011, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Title: Inevitable
    Author: Master_Jaina1011
    Characters: James T. Kirk, Audrey Pearce, with appearance by Bones and Pike, OC
    Era: Academy fic
    Summary: Victorian Quote Response: Audrey's first meeting with Jim. Trouble and introspection ensue. Enjoy! :D

Inevitable

27. "He is my first olive: let me make a face while I swallow it."
    ~ Elizabeth Gaskell, ?North and South?

Audrey Pearce was sitting at the bar, eyes on the dancing crowd in front of her. She had a trying week, finishing up her science labs but also the horrible defeat that was the Kobiyashi Maru. Therefore, she was here, on her fourth drink of the night, wistfully looking at the men and women on the floor having fun.

Her current boyfriend of two years was somewhere on campus, pissed that she wanted to be left alone and from his feelings she gathered that he was almost ready to end the relationship. Sometimes being half Betazoid helped, so she was prepared to dump him as soon as she came home. Which wasn?t going to be anytime soon as the red head signaled the bartender for more drinks, as two men came into the bar obviously already drunk.

Audrey had seen the two cadets around campus, and because of the blond one?s reputation she knew exactly who James T Kirk and Dr. Leonard McCoy were. She shook her head, her gaze back on the happy crowd in the middle of dance floor.

The bartender placed her drink in front of her, only to have look at her and realize she needed something much stronger. Audrey batted her eyelashes at the handsome man, leaning forward, her low cut shirt revealing cleavage.

?Can I have a shot of tequila?? she asked, as the man just nodded as two people joined her at the bar.

?Make that three, Kyle,? a male voice sounded next to her as she huffed in silence. ?Put it on my tab.?

?You mean the tab I will pay for at the end of the night,? the other man muttered as three shots of tequila were placed in front of them, as three hand reached out for them. Hazel eyes met blue ones as Audrey immediately recognized the infamous Kirk every girl talked about.

However, even though she was a proud woman, she could not pass up free alcohol as she raised her shot in the air. ?Thank you gentleman, you have no idea have much alcohol I need.? Audrey said, finishing the shot in two seconds as the two other men followed.

Kirk eyed her carefully as if trying to place her face. ?You took the Kobiyashi Maru didn?t you?? he asked, signaling his friend Kyle for another round.

The red head leaned in closer to him, close enough to smell the alcohol on his breath. ?How did you know??

?Why else would a gorgeous woman like you be sitting alone drinking instead of on the dance floor?? he replied as three more shots of tequila appeared before them.

The brown haired man groaned loudly. ?Jim, I swear you are trying to get more drunk than usual.?

?Bones, you?re just getting old,? the blond retorted before turning back to Audrey, who was rolling her eyes. Everything people said about Kirk was true and more. She downed her shot of tequila, its effects starting to make themselves known, and smiled brightly at the men.

?If you excuse me, I think I may be getting drunk enough to join the dance floor. Thank you for those shots,? Audrey said, walking away to be a part of the pulsing crowd.

As she lost herself in the sound of the music, she felt at the edges of her mind that anger that had to be Greg Hoover, her boyfriend, as she opened to her eyes to see him push his way through the crowd. Audrey groaned inwardly as she saw Kirk intercept the man on the way to her. She could take care of herself when it came to angry men, as Greg pushed aside the blue eyes set on her.

Audrey just didn?t want to end up in jail again because someone had pissed her off enough for her to punch their lights out. Greg, apparently, was readying himself for fight as he appeared in front of her, green eyes blazing.

?What do you think you are doing?? he gritted, grabbing her wrist as he pressed up fully against her. ?I w

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful first look /ships passing encounter. :D

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh! This was just too much fun![face_dancing] [face_laugh]

I enjoyed seeing Audrey fiesty and annoyed with her ex by turns. ;) And Jim and Bones playing hero? LOVeD it! [face_laugh]

And then:

?Oh I can imagine, Audrey. Which is why I will keep you two apart as much as possible. I don?t need more headaches!? Pike said, as she him mutter, ?Trouble doesn?t even come what those two could get into.?

They were doomed from the start! [face_laugh]

And it is lovely. @};-

~MJ @};-

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, cute!! I love the end :D And Kirk and Bones jumping into the fray was really sweet!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.