main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Jade's Loving, Passionate Odes - Ficlets. Author Thanks: 10/03/2010!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Scottish food[face_sick] and loved how you wrote them, the humour and the sweetness.

And Jim and Christine. Jim was quite the Ladies-man[face_love] but she is his great love hmmm:*

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    The Path to My Heart

Sherralyn had toyed with the idea of treating him to traditional Scottish/Irish dishes but she would not eat or serve anything that constituted the innards of a domesticated or even wild sheep or goat.

Aww, no Haggis for the happy couple? [face_laugh] Although, as a Mc myself I can tell you that there is nothing better than Black Cake or Forfar Bridies. ;)

Rather, it was the instinctual and best-friends kind of trust and intimacy that was growing between them that also had a healthy amount of respect and physical attraction between them.

It's not the food, it's the meal. [face_love] The getting-to-know-you is very important. [face_love]

Now that she was getting a strong idea herself, Sherralyn felt even happier about what Nyota had found.

I love how the Spock/Uhura lines always sneak in. ;) Perfect! [face_love]

Okay, I'll Trust You on That

"I tried that once after we started dating, Chris." He admitted gently and with such forthrightness that she believed utterly what he said next. "I didn't much enjoy the ... view or the flirty atmosphere, believe it or not." He grimaced. "Bones ribbed me no end, but I've lost my taste for it."

He's sooooo caught - Hook. Line. And sinker. Oh, I'd love to see that scene from Bone's POV. That would be a hoot!! [face_laugh

She took the memory of that exchange with her through the succeeding weeks and months. If they ever ran into one of Jim's old "friends," he'd give her a look that plainly said: "I still mean what I told you before."

Aww!! [face_love] Another scene you can have more fun with ? Christine vs. The Ex(s). ;) [face_dancing]

She trusted him even further when he told her he loved her for the first time

And cue the melting into goo in 3 . . .2 . . .1 . . .

Yep. [face_love]

Those were just flat out fun to read!! [:D]

[face_love]

~MJ @};-

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi all: Thanks for the great comments and super support. :*

Happy wriggles!!!! I was going to wait till Saturday but couldn't [face_laugh]

Squee!!!!

_____

Theme: The Sound of My Name

When Spock says your name the first time, it is in a cool and professional tone:

"Miss Uhura, you have scored the highest marks I've seen yet on this subject, and your analysis is flawless."

The commendation sends a happy rush through you, as does the sound of your name on his lips -- for some unexplainable reason.

Your name is not something you give away freely, but as one of your instructors, he has the right to speak it.

Strangely enough, as your acquaintance grows, you think of him speaking your given name, in a moment of gentle friendship, even (dare you ponder it?) in the heat of passion.

It is during your first informal time together - a spontaneous dinner between friends. You say casually: "Please call me Nyota." You smile invitingly.

He gazes at you warmly, acknowledging the gift you have given him. He proceeds to do so from that day on, and the sound of it is an almost tangible tingle in your fingertips and resonates in your heartbeat for many seconds after.

One day, there is a covert laugh in his voice when he speaks your name. You meet coming out of a bookshop with The Many Adventures of Charlie Brown in your hand.

"Nyota, do you indulge in reading the comics?" Spock asks.

You blush and laugh. "Only to my niece and nephew and any fosterlings in the home at the moment."

You do not mention that in a novel you have read true lovers meet at an amateur production of Charlie Brown, and that this is the cause of your blush.

After your relationship takes a right turn into the beauty of mutual love, he speaks your name with ineffable tenderness.

The first time you give Spock a massage is a lovely case in point.

"Is this the norm after a workout?" He asks.

You grin and knead his shoulders, relishing the warm and rippling feel of his muscles under your hands.

"If it isn't, it should be." You laugh.

When your light and expert touch reaches a particular spot, the touch of his mind against yours becomes decidedly ... amused? He almost draws away but instead leans into your touch.

A marvelous suspicion creeps into your thoughts.

"Spock!" You exclaim. "Are you ... actually ticklish?" You laugh happily.

He does not reply, and you cease the massage and lean close to nibble his ear. "Oh, my delicious love!!" You whisper.

He is holding you tightly all of a sudden and kissing your throat, his soft whisper of your name like a prayer accompanied by the most delightful thoughts.

"Nyota." He murmurs, as his lips brush your ear lobe. /Beautiful, so very beautiful./

You shiver with delight.

"My own Nyota." He breathes against your collarbone.

"When you say my name like that, my love," You respond adoringly, "It's just the most beautiful sound in the world."

And as the days turn to months and years, the wonder never dims.

++++++++

Melts with a capital M!

4. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, I am so glad that you didn't wait to post these! because that was just delicious to read!! [face_love] [face_dancing]

This, probably, was one of my favorites so far - I'm trying to think of one that I liked better before that, and I am drawing a blank. [face_love]

The subject was simple, but the gentle flow of your writing here was bewitching to read, and the content itself - oh, is there anything more beautiful? Whether it be Mr. Quinto, or Mr. Nimoy, that man has one god-given-sexy-voice! =P~

And to hear it speak as a friend . . . as a lover . . .

[face_love]

Gah, our gal is soooo lucky!! [face_love] [face_laugh]

Okay, I am just a melted pile of goo now. ;)

[:D]

~MJ @};-

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It is the most beautiful sound in the world [face_love]:*[face_love] Lovely to go from her name to her given name in this way exploring all the depths a name can give.

Loved it, reading it as the first piece in the early morning.

You make my day bright=D=

6. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I think you just reminded me of how sexy Zachary Quinto's voice can be. I mean he mesmerized me in Heroes but his tone in Star Trek as Spock...even sexier!!!

Absolutely puddle of goo, I swear to it!!! [face_love]=P~=D=

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi:

That was indeed a nummy fun write--a total fangirl indulgence. :) Thanks for the great comments. :D

_________

A/N: Amanda through the eyes of her sister, Sandra -- mutually conceived by Mira_Jade--married with two kids; living in Washington State running a ranch for two kinds of rehab.

Summary: Sandra reflects on Amanda, Sarek, on Spock, and on what she eventually hears of the superlative Nyota.

Theme: Knowing a Good Thing ...

My sister, Amanda, was a warm-hearted loving soul; she taught kids with special needs and sent them to our ranch for a week of fun with horses and hay rids in the summer.

When she introduced me to her intended, Sarek, I thought: Her sweet nature is going to dry up and blow away in the arid Vulcan society. I kept this thought to myself, however, and hoped for the best.

Watching Sarek with her, though, I soon discovered a depth of affection and devotion shared between the two of them that touched me to my core. His expressions were more subtle, needless to say, but I could tell it by a covert glance, a surreptitious touches, even the tone of his voice when he spoke to her.

And the warmth of her eyes as she looked at him was more than enough to allay my concerns.

And I would be less than honest to say he didn't cut a very fine figure on our prize Arabian.

When we lost Amanda, I could tell he was devastated, as was I and the rest of our family. I could not even begin to think of the words to convey my sorrow and sense of grief.

?You brought her such joy.? I finally settled on. ?More than any other she could have chosen.?

All the media coverage surrounding the Nirada and Nero brought the Enterprise and her indomitable crew into the spotlight.

I was so proud of the fine young officer Spock had become, proud for myself and my sister.

The elegant and vibrant young woman who was consistently to be found close to him was an enigma. My sister had sent me a quick and jubilant message shortly before all hell broke loose. She said she had something exciting to tell me but was saving it for a long chatty letter.

She said it with a wink, so I knew it was going to be good.

Could this mysterious lady be part of her "great news"?

As I looked at the news footage, I caught a look in the Lieutenant's eyes as they rested on Spock -- very reminiscent of Amanda's own, I realized during her courtship.

I grinned with realization.

A wonderful family tradition apparently was continuing.

+++++++

Dreamy sigh.

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooooh!!! Sandra!!! And Spock/Nyota, AND Sarek/Amanda . . . Oh, I am spoiled. [face_laugh]

First off; I adored Sandra's voice in this. Warm and wise - just like Amanda. [face_love] Oh, this universe right here just begs to be played around with a little more . . . [face_love]

The image of Sarek horsebackriding . . . =P~

And later with Nyota and Spock... [face_love]

I would love maybe a oneshot with Sarek visiting her after Amanda's passing - flesh out those little snippets of words you gave us. [face_love] And then Nyota and being introduced . . .

Oh yes! Happy thoughts!! [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely Amanda and Nyota stirring the same feelings.

Mush pure delicious mush[face_love]

10. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Again you have inspired the Sarek/Amanda in me. And that was just wonderful, seeing their relationship from an outside POV.

Really wonderful ficlet my inspiring muse. You and Mira both!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the sweet reviews!!!

I did so enjoy that -- Amanda's a darling. I'm thinking of a way to do #28 with A/S.

and I really enjoyed writing this: :)

A/N: A bunny inspired by Mira?s Barbarian where Nyota is forced to take a life to save the life of a colleague and friend. This explores that event in greater detail.

Troubled Heart, Eased

~~~~~!!!!!

Nyota Uhura always knew that taking a life would be a present and potential occurrence on an away mission: you think you prepare for it mentally, but you never really can be.

It happens on a world that eschews all technological devices that do not perform a strictly practical function. Thus, they were quite comfortable with computers that ran simple calculations and operated the machinery in their factories, but the translating devices and software from the Federation they viewed with suspicion. ?How do we know that?s saying what I wanted to tell you?? was the common refrain. There was a dispute between two sectors; one ruling house wanted to form a marriage alliance while the other wanted to renege. Because the planetary systems held space stations and starship building facilities, it was vital to keep on friendly terms. It was essential to build up the Fleet to optimal strength.

The Security detail at the talks had phasers secreted and she had one as well slimmed down to look innocuous tucked in a side pocket.

Nyota was familiar with the nuances of the vernacular ? an innocently seeming turn of phrase by one of the delegates was really a veiled insult. As in past centuries in Europe, this often led to a ?calling out? to a duel. She had briefed the others in a quick rundown but you couldn?t cover every contingency.

One of the Captain?s flippant remarks, said to put everyone at ease, set one of the delegates off. Nyota caught the minuscule change in stance, the flicker of an eyelid, which the security detail didn?t catch as a warning signal.

She gave a warning shout and fired her weapon simultaneously. On this world, stun would not have been sufficient. The blood feud would have continued between the families right down to the seventh and eighth generations.

~!~!~!~!

The whole of the encounter she was able to keep her head up, the shock and guilt from her face and thoughts, but as soon as she beamed back aboard the ship she felt the weight of her actions settle around her like a storm would press rain to the ground.

Dear stars, but she had taken a life . . .

Wordlessly, emptily, she turned into the strong hold waiting for her; and let herself fall into the gentle words that she needed to hear.

?You saved a life and prevented needless heartache for many.? Was the soft assurance. ?This society does not allow for anything less than a swift and total reprisal. It is not our way ? but if you had stepped outside the bounds of their mores and expectations, you, the Captain, and the families of both ruling families would be casualties as well.?

The tender, sincere words helped to assuage the ache, somewhat.

She leaned back into the sofa cushions and sighed, sipping the hot chocolate with several fluffy marshmallows floating atop and the healthy dollop of whipping cream.

?It?s hard for me to see the bigger picture right now.? She said softly.

He didn?t try to say more, just rubbed her shoulders.

?Don?t let this incident define you or immobilize you, my own.? He added when he sensed her mood was still heavy and burdened.

She grinned as she remembered the immortal words of Mara Jade: Learn and move on.

If anyone had a lot to overcome, it was that fearless, beautiful, and amazing woman.

He caught the trend of her thoughts and sent to her silently that she was all those things, and more, much more to him.

That affirmation warmed her up even more than the chocolate.

?You know what?? She whispered, after a pause.

He squeezed her closer still.

?You are my sanity and the wind beneath my wings.?

He quirked a brow.

She chuckled. ?I?ll sing it for you some

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    hmmmm[face_love]how Spock was able to comfort her with all that sweetness. A nice story about loss=D==D=

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Okay, this was a gorgeous continuation. I know that I say that a lot - but I was really, really impressed by this one.

I like how you developed the alien race to move Nyota to action - and also provide her a respite from those actions. She literally had no other choice - Jim's life would have been forfiet, and the feud would have continued for years had she not taken fatal action.

This was very emtionally heavy - and not just mushy. I enjoyed seeing that side of your writing. [:D]

?How do we know that?s saying what I wanted to tell you?? was the common refrain.

A good argument to live translation vs. computer translation. [face_thinking]

Nyota was familiar with the nuances of the vernacular ? an innocently seeming turn of phrase by one of the delegates was really a veiled insult. As in past centuries in Europe, this often led to a ?calling out? to a duel. She had briefed the others in a quick rundown but you couldn?t cover every contingency.

A great way to describe this particular race - and why our gal kicks butt on a whole. lol! [face_laugh]

One of the Captain?s flippant remarks, said to put everyone at ease, set one of the delegates off. Nyota caught the minuscule change in stance, the flicker of an eyelid, which the security detail didn?t catch as a warning signal.

Only Kirk. :( And poor Nyota ? yikes!!

?You saved a life and prevented needless heartache for many.? Was the soft assurance. ?This society does not allow for anything less than a swift and total reprisal. It is not our way ? but if you had stepped outside the bounds of their mores and expectations, you, the Captain, and the families of both ruling families would be casualties as well.?

And just when you think the guy can't get any more perfect, he goes and says something like this. [face_laugh] Seriously ? beautifully worded and portrayed here, Jade! [:D]

The wind beneath her wings, indeed. [face_laugh]

She thought she would have dreams about the incident; but he walked with her in her dreams, as her Papa would have if he could in her girlhood days, keeping the fearsome shadows at bay, and filling the corners of her mind with pleasanter things.

You know I go gooey over any sort of mental bond exploration, and this definitely made me melt here. The mental image of him staying up all night to protect her in her dreams was just . . . Love!!! [face_love]

?You are a true and invaluable friend, Uhura, and I hope to keep you as such for many years to come.?

A perfect wrap. [face_love]

You know Kirk had to have felt guilty for that as well ? it was his quip that set if off. :(

All around, a great character study on many levels!

~MJ @};-

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: I did love expounding on the culture/context which would necessitate such an action on Nyota's part. And I was definitely going for emotional intensity.

:D

He is the pinnacle of sweet adorableness and that is a fact.

[face_love]

I am bringing this set of ficlets to a close.

But do not fear or worry: this pairing is sunlight and air to me.

All the bunnies that hop into my path and beg to be written will be stand alones, challenge entries, or multiple chaptered delectables.

[:D] to all readers/reviewers/lurkers.

:*

from Jade, the one who gooifies and is gooified quite consistently.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.