main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Jade's You-Box Moments. New Post: after move!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 1, 2011.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice updates on the moments[face_dancing]

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: LOL Decor-centered ficlet first, and then =P~ an anniversary on Risa with mentions of poetry - etc. Melts and vaporizes just at this note.

[face_laugh] [face_love]

~~

A Very Tactful Response

My brother-in-law and Tristan both are very, very tactful when it comes to their opinions of their wives' decorating knacks. Not that Kashore and Sherra have out-there tastes, but if they happen to lean more toward the "girly" side, their men wisely refrain from even "rolling their eyes" (Kashore's comment) or "making subtle hints they'd like a different style or color" (Sherra's remark).

With my bondmate, I felt I was on safe ground. Decor - like curtains, etc., served a purpose and wasn't worth much beyond that. In that, he was very much like my Dad, especially since he and Mom moved quite a bit, so decors were way down on the list of "must haves."

I picked an elegant style with tie-backs and fluted upper borders.

My darling love said the pattern and color complemented the rest of the room superbly and seemed suited to a lady of my discriminating taste.

I teased by asking: "But do you like it?"

He teased back by saying that that was irrelevant since this was my area for low-key work and leisure.

I beamed. "I love it when you're ... cryptic." I winked.

"Ashaya, I am not cryptic, nor have I ever been." He returned firmly, mischief glowing in his wonderful eyes.

"Right!" I chuckled, while gazing adoringly at him.

He seized me then and kissed me as I laughed, which depth and heat made the laugh turn into a sigh and purr of delight.

All thoughts of fashion statements vanished swiftly and completely away.

We inaugurated that particular room with leisure, decidedly exquisite leisure.

++++~~~~~~~

A/N: Inspired by a little sneak peek ;) and a droolicious WotM entry! Hugs!!!!!!! [face_dancing]

A Memorable Anniversary on Risa

We had an anniversary on Risa, whose Suraya Bay was secluded and fantastic for swimming in the turquoise waters.

I gifted my love with rebound volumes of High Vulcan poetry, which he had kept for many years. I was amazed by the magnificent passion and endless devotion reflected in those works. My introduction to such gems as he had read them to me ... well, I must say - it was all I could do not to ... indulge myself.

On one occasion, we found one of their renowned caves (and since I definitely did not have to restrain myself now! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] ... I didn't!)

As we lay tightly entwined, I murmured, "Oh, my darling! How I wanted you even then!"

I was referring to the private poetry reading/translation he'd given me soon after I'd started working with/for him exclusively.

He caught the reference, and his eyes glowed lovingly at me.

"My own love," He whispered, caressing me slowly, with infinite pleasure to us both.

I nestled closer. "I was enraptured by your voice, by your sweet, edible voice!" I had had a very ... interesting urge then, one with which Gaila would have concurred and applauded: I wanted to kiss his voice out of his throat ... [face_laugh] =P~

I indulged this years-in-abeyance longing - for not the first or last time. I then fastened my lips on his for a long handful of moments and then moved gently up to an enticing ear and gave it a slowly adoring nibble.

"But I'm sure," I breathed after in a half-tease, as his one hand continued a stroking and the other squeezed me against him, "You didn't want me ... or you didn't know that you did."

"Nyota love -- I was reading those words to you. For your edification, of course, but ... to you, as well."

"Oh!!!!!!" I exclaimed, as shivers of realization coursed through me. "I do so love you, love you!"

"As I do you, completely." He murmured.

Yes, that little slip-away to a cave was very ... blissifying, indeed. (Risa's reputation as a haven of pleasure - well-deserved.)

+++++++

D'awwoon, again! LOL Always. [face_love] And ever.

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I love it when he's cryptic too. [face_love]

And that getaway sounds wonderful.

Huge SQUEE here!

[:D]

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love how you have written Risa in this nice update.

fantastic moment[face_dancing][face_dancing]

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great romantic moments on Risa where I'm sure they always go for their wedding anniversary. [:D]

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Tactful Response: [face_laugh]!!! Oh, but how I adore our cheeky Vulcan. This was a perfect response to the prompt. Just what I wanted to read. [face_love]

Anniversary on Risa: [face_love] Oh, THIS one. [face_love] I loved the setting of this, the caves, and the warmth and the basking, and dear god but Spock and poetry is always enough for a swoon fit. I loved Gaila approving of Nyota's thought from those years back, I chuckled outright! And the idea of Spock not only reading those poems to her, but for her!!! (Heck, I need to write a spinoff of your spinoff of my ficlet. [face_laugh]:oops:

Superb on every level! Thank-you for the scintillating read. [:D]

~MJ @};-

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all for the superlicious feedback :*

~~~

A/N: Thanks to Mira_Jade for this exquisite!!!!!!!!!! song recommendation: Charlotte Church with: All That Love Can Be.

Her voice is ethereal according to Mira and turns my tummy into a big mushy mess of goo.

Both of us agree it fits our angel loves right down to the ground!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Wsqo1io2M

~~~~~~

All That Love Can Be

Spock

As we lie together, I gently brush my bondmate's sleeping mind. Outside our window, dawn's first rays are turning the sky a pearly-rose.

Her dreams are tranquil and full of us and our kids at a theme park - Nyota is very fond of the faster rides with rapid dips, spins, and loops.

She uses those occasions to hold onto me more tightly, although I have discovered she doesn't need much ... extrinsic incentive.

She told me once that all I had to do was walk across a room "looking hot," and she became all "stirred up". And this ... not so long ago.

A lady of such deep, intense, and unquenchable ardor as she is, I have never had a second's worry or qualm as to whether or not I could fulfill her emotionally or otherwise.

Our bond brims with the answer, warming and singing through me like a soft, adoring refrain.

I deepen our connection softly, not wanting to arouse her, if possible, but enjoying the sense of her ineffably entangled with me.

All that love can be - all that and more - she has brought to me.

Nyota

I stir, feeling my love enfolding me even more tightly in a mental embrace.

My eyes open, and the smile on my lips is mirrored in my eyes.

He can tell I am very glad to be awakened in such a fashion. I am even more thrilled that he takes intense pleasure in me, in exactly the same fashion as I unabashedly bask in his myriad sweet ways.

"This is not basking, Nyota my own love." Spock answers my thought, kissing me lightly.

"If it isn't, then what else would you call it?" I laugh.

"Merely," He answers, between warm kisses, echoing my words to him on prior occasions, "The joy of having you ... of being loved by you ..." He pauses as I silence any further words with a thankful, reverent, and blissful kiss.

No, my dear one is not sappy or sentimental [face_laugh] ;) ... I just happen to bring out and inspire certain facets and depths of love, devotion, passion, and appreciation that no other lady could even aspire to.

Oh, well, their deficiency in skill and blessedness is my total, unalloyed gain.

By the time we leave to get ready for the day, dawn has transitioned into mid morning. [face_mischief]

I have taught Spock the perks and pleasures of spontaneous, loving mornings, (a "lesson" that he took to avidly). It is a great thing we are both "morning" persons. [face_laugh]

+++++

Hee! SQUEE! SQUEE!

D'awwoon! [face_dancing] [face_love]

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Oh so poetic and mushy the one reflecting the other[face_dancing]

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Truly lovely song! [face_love] And it does fit them like a glove.

Wonderful morning too :D

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh! [face_love]!!

That song has been on my Spock/Uhura playlist from the beginning, and I am so happy to see it used here. :D One of my favorite parts of that song, is how it is just as much about support as it is about love. It is about lending a shoulder, and being strong for your other - it is about bringing out the best of love to someone who may not exactly have imagined such emotions to exist or exist that deeply (Vulcans, to a T. [face_mischief]).

And that certainly is what they are to each other! She does bring out the best in him, as you brought out here - and the warm, and easy sort of bliss that follows is truly lovely. [face_love]

Truly beautiful work with this, as always. =D=

~MJ @};-

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Beautiful song that totally fits Nyota and Spock equally and intrinsically. [:D] They both adore their affections and love for each other and grow stronger with all of the fun times as well.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. @};-

:D

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: A seasons of love theme.

Spring

When our love was new, every word, every gesture, was a source of delight.

Even when it involved the everyday tasks of work, and even when one of us or the other was conversing with someone else.

I'd watch him or he would scrutinize me, and our bond would sing with it.

Summer

This was the warm time, full of passion, (even more than before, if possible) and a deeper knowing and cherishing.

We would send thoughts and caresses effortlessly across our bond and as our family grew, they became further reasons to treasure one another.

Autumn

It was during this time when our kids "left the nest" that we embarked on a permanent posting to bring out a lasting peace with the intransigent Empires on our borders.

We had mixed feelings and reservations about such endeavors at first, given what we knew of alternate potentialities.

But, in the end, these just made us work all the harder for a peace that would last.

A legacy of peace and not tragic futility, we wanted this for our family and for all sentients.

A Lifetime

Looking back on a lifetime shared of love, triumphs, lessons learned, laughter, and fondest dreams realized and surpassed, I know that I could not conceive of how I would have been fulfilled without my darling love. Any thoughts that we might not have been (even in a reality that is nullified), is anathema to us both.

My very heartbeat and breath find their very reason to be and wellspring of bliss in the fact of our being joined heart, mind, and soul.

++++++

A/N #2: No, this doesn?t mark the end of this thread LOL ? I just felt the desire to do an introspective of love through time. [face_dancing]

[face_love] [face_love] !!!

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Beautiful way to show the their love and their shared life. Definitely beautiful! :*

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, how very lovely! I knew that those prompts would be gold to your touch. ;)

I loved seeing the relationship bloom - it was like watching the life of a flower in the space of a few heartbeats! The last especially was touching - I'm a sucker for 'final moments' kinda things, and that one definitely took the cake. [face_love]

Truly scrumptious! =D=

~MJ @};-

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A beatiful piece showing all the aspects of their life together=D=

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! I loved the theme overall and each facet in all its wonder and loveliness.

:D

~~~

Yummy 3-fer in alternating fashion.

Then - Thoughtful Inquiry

Spock

When Nyota was out with the flu, which did not happen often, or for long on those occasions it did, her vibrant presence was something I missed in my courses and during office hours.

If the second day arrived with her absence noted, I would make it a point to inquire of Gaila or Sherralyn.

The former would wink and the latter smile warmly as they assured me she was on the mend and would pass along my "well wishes".

Nyota

When they did, I felt a flush run through me, and my heart skip a beat. Dajan had sent Kashore flowers at work for the sake of love and at home when she wasn't well; then he'd keep 'comming her - "Are you well, Kashore? I miss you!" He'd leave as a message. She'd laugh and comm back: "I'm not contagious any more, so you can come over now!"

Oh, the sweet thoughtfulness! I fell in love with him more with each gentle considerate gesture!

+++++~~~~++

Middles - A Delectable View & Irresistible Request

Spock

We had just moved into shared quartters. Nyota was retrieving her silver comb set when I emerged from the sonic shower, wrapped in a towel.

I recalled the time (after that incident with Watkins) when she had done something similar, presenting quite a ... vision.

She had just returned from a ladies' night and now her hair was loose about her shoulders.

"Nyota, love." I greeted her.

She whispered my name on a gentle whisper, then continued: "Yolette loaned me her butterfly hair clip a few days ago. I came here to look for it and found this set instead." She laughed, her eyes gobbling me up meanwhile.

I moved to stand next to her. "Yes, it suited your hair superbly, as I recall."

Her one hand gripped the vanity edge while the other held the comb set tightly.

"Yes; I'm going to get me one like it, although in a different color, to keep from mixing them up." She winked, yet I could tell she was fighting for composure. She seemed a little ... brethless.

"Do you wish to take a shower now?" I asked.

She took a steadying breath. "I was ... thinking of it. But ... you're done."

I quirked a brow at her wistful tone.

"You look so -- are you sure you don't want another shower, lover?"

Love burned in her eyes and between us through our bond, along with our mutually inciting desire.

"Hmm. I don't need one, but I could ... assist you with yours?"

Her eager laugh rippled as we moved into the shower (now placed on the water setting), and within a span of a heartbeat, her lips had fastened on mine, and my hands were ... savoring her in detail.

+****

Nyota

Oh, what a scrumptious surprise that was! :* I could barely string one coherent word after another. [face_laugh]

We enjoyed that shower and all the sweetness afterwards.

+++++~~~~++

Now - As Our Younglings Grew

Spock

The discovery of becoming parents each time was a joy to us both; and as our children grew physically and otherwise, their bond with each of us also intensified. We surrounded each one with love and eager anticipation. Thus, by the time they were born, we felt we knew them intimately and were ready for them wholeheartedly.

Our love for one another found through these pivotal and unique experiences a deeper source of mutual delight and devotion.

Nyota

Spock has always ... relished - (yes! he does, no matter what he claims) tickling me where I am most ticklish! :D

When I was pregnant, he seemed to enjoy it even more, as if he were tickling the youngling inside as well. [face_laugh]

When I divulged this fanciful notion, he cocked both brows at me and favored me with a most inscrutable look, although his laughter and love flowed to me clearly.

"Well, I don't exactly hear you denying it." I laughed.

"Such a statement needs no response." He remarked, trying to appear quelling.

"Ah!

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Teases, they're both teases... ;)

Spock's inquiry in the first scene was so cute. :*

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    yes tickling the 'youngling' where did they pick that up[face_laugh] funny post

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Some very fun and affectionate moments that make Spock and Nyota's love grow stronger with each and every moment. [:D]

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I like the three sections you split that up into! Nice to see progression throughout the years :)

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, how lovely this was!

Then - Sneaky and subtle Vulcan he is. :p His concern was adorable here, as was her understandable moment of awwwww. ;)

Middles - Hot and sweet and superbly written. [face_love]

Now - This one took the cake for me! I love playing with the concept of bonds, and this one of parent/child is just as sweet to see as a marital bond. And then the mental image of something as seemingly contradictory as Spock and tickling was just priceless. :p

Thank-you for another lovely set. [:D]

~MJ @};-

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks very much! :) :*

~~~~

A Very Tense Several Moments

Audrey

The situation on Achlor IV was tense, indeed.

Rival oligarchies were pushing for dominance.

"I know Jim will try to charm them into agreeing, and before you know it, they'll agree to his reasonable suggestions." I assured Nyota.

"Unless and until Spock pushes for the hard-line, letter of the law ..." She rolled her eyes. "Which, of course, somebody should, but hotheaded megalomaniacs don't like to hear that sort of thing. And they usually use that as an excuse to become belligerent." She frowned.

I sighed ruefully. "That is so often the case."

"The balance to a strict letter of the code is to strive for the spirit of it, and do it in such a way that it seems like one of the two competing sides came up with it." Nyota shrugged. "Strokes their vanity, but not too obviously. I've been studying up on how to do that ..."

"You two will make a superb diplomatic team, then." I praised.

She grinned happily. "We'll definitely be playing off each other's strengths."

McCoy

Nyota and I were in the main Transporter Room, waiting for the "green light".

I tried to settle her nerves. She was tuned in to Janice who was tied in via transponder to the landing team, and also to her betrothed via their connection.

As soon as she got the all-clear, they were beamed out.

I could feel the very tangible tension leave the air as they arrived. I felt strong relief, as well.

I bantered with the landing team, although Picard was still wound tight.

"Who started it?" I quipped.

"It doesn't matter ..." Jim rejoined. "It's who finished it that matters."

I laughed.

"You're such a child, sometimes." Nyota teased, her eyes sparkling.

"Which still puts me on top when dealing with a bunch of infants."

I whisked them all to the Medbay for a check "to be on the safe side."

Audrey met us there, and Nyota went with us.

The team was cleared for full duty and sent to their post-mission relaxation.

Later That Evening

Spock

I had an arm wrapped around Nyota's waist as she snuggled up close to my side on the sofa.

She could tell from our connection and the official mission log that things had gone better than they could have, but also that there were a few moments that they could have taken a drastic turn.

"Jim can be blunt if he feels he's being hoodwinked." She remarked. "And your forthrightness can be seen as a lack of ... tact by some, although I like to call it straightforwardness."

"That is why, love, I shall look to you to provide that necessary balance." I answered, squeezing her.

Nyota smiled happily and leaned in to trace a warm path of soft kisses up to my lips, lingering there for a breathless moment. "It'll be wonderful working together in such a fashion." She murmured.

"Indeed, it shall." I agreed.

"It'll make our unwinding afterwards in private that much more ... special." She winked.

"Nyota, you are incorrigible." I observed affectionately.

She laughed, her eyes glowing tenderly. "It's all due to you, my sweetest heart."

Truthfully, I could not deny that I also was looking forward to that ... particular facet.

We then proceeded to talk casually of other matters and relish being together again.

++++++++

[face_love] [face_dancing]

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    They do balance each other perfectly. :) [face_love]

Post-mission relaxation sounds wonderful. [face_mischief]

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, what fun. :D Great job playing with the strengths of the team - and the reason why they are a team. They fit together so very well. [face_love]

And this:

Who started it?" I quipped.

"It doesn't matter ..." Jim rejoined. "It's who finished it that matters."

Classic! [face_laugh]

So much love for this one. :D

~MJ @};-

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More exciting missions and the totally sweet and deserved R and R

Nice[:D][face_dancing]