main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Jade's You-Box Moments. New Post: after move!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 1, 2011.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Some great snarking comments by Jim and some significant snuggling by Spock and Nyota. [:D]

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks so much! I loved the various POVs and the delving into the sweetness of teamwork - and the physical/professional/emotional facets will lead S/U to have a great work/love relationship no matter what endeavor they pursue.

:D

~~~~~~~~

A/N: Inspired by a tidbit of a mention in "To Boldly Go". Any postscript and/or follow-up will come after that has concluded. This is more like a prequel. ;)

Family and ... Other Strangers

Nyota

It hadn't needed mentioning before a particular time, more a feature of relevance than trust.

When Spock told me of Sybok and he, I was immediately struck by two things, primarily:

What would it have been like if I had a sister (even of half- or step-) to which I could have been close, but was not? Wouldn't I have missed out on the kind of double-sided warmth I had with Kashore: that of siblings and also very close confidantes/friends?

I was not naive enough to think that blood ties led to instant affinity or that you should be close or have much to do with everyone in your family :p ... but it was still a poignant thought, nevertheless.

I was also struck by all the unspoken undertones about Sarek's history.

These thoughts tumbled together with my empathic thought of all I imagined my love might have considered he missed out on.

I took recourse, therefore, in a bit of teasing, knowing he could sense all that lay behind it through our connection, while I strove for composure and to gather my wits:

"Well, Spock. Your Poppa sure has an interesting past ... " I observed lightly, "He certainly knew how to captivate the ladies, don't you know? On top of that, for you -- missing out on having a sib all this time ..."

"Nyota," Spock remarked lowly, "You cannot miss what you never had ... and furthermore, it would be futile to do so. And as for my Father's 'past' as you phrase it, that is a comment I hardly thought to hear from you."

I was pulled up short! Lands, had I said something for which a genuine apology through our bond, much less a verbal one, would not suffice?

/Oh, my sweet darling!/ I exclaimed.

I was speechless, at a total loss as to what I could possibly say to ease the situation. I clasped my hands tightly together in my lap and began to move away from him on the sofa, feeling he might want a physical distance from me, if nothing else, at the moment.

+++++++~~~~~~~

Spock

I could sense Nyota's tumbled emotions, and also what impelled her remarks.

I knew she meant no disrespect or affront, but I was still astonished by the nature of the content of her statement and felt comfortable enough with her to tell her so forthrightly.

She, however, instantly regretted what she had said, and what it seemed to imply, especially in view of my response.

Her eyes and sense brimmed with mortification.

Before she could move totally out of reach, I grabbed her hands in mine, sending her love through our bond.

"Please don't distress yourself, love. I took no offense where none was intended." I told her warmly.

"I certainly didn't mean to be flippant or anything else! It's just --"

"Shhh, Nyota." I released her hands and drew her against me, tightly, stroking her hair. She clung tightly to me, as well.

I kissed her softly, savoring the taste of her lips, as always, as well as their warmth and fullness.

She smiled against my lips, sensing my pleasure in the contact, and returned my kisses gratefully.

"If our paths should cross with his in the future, I know you will be as courteous and warm as I've always known you to be, Nyota." I assured gently.

"And I'll be supportive of you in any degree of relation you wish to pursue with Sybok, if the situation calls for it." She added, squeezing me.

"Of this I have no doubt, ashal-veh."

++++~~~~~

Nyota

The knots in my tummy loosened with his reassuring touch, his tender words, and his avid kisses.

"Do you know how very much I love you?" I breathed.

"Yes I do. I cherish you absolutely, and always will." Love and

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    All is well when it ends well. [face_love]

It's great that neither Nyota nor Spock have to hold back and are more than willing to set things straight.

[:D]

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    A tender subject, wonderfully done. =D=

I understood immediately where her regret and sympathy would come from, and for Spock too, he has to be feeling off balance mentally, and such a feeling would lend itself well to:

"Nyota," Spock remarked lowly, "You cannot miss what you never had ... and furthermore, it would be futile to do so. And as for my Father's 'past' as you phrase it, that is a comment I hardly thought to hear from you."

Ouch. *grimaces*

But! It was how quickly that the misunderstanding was cleared up and set to rights that counted. :) [face_love]

Because the fun part comes after . . . :p [face_mischief][face_laugh]

Wonderfully done. [face_love]

(And on a completely random note, in that P&P AU - once I ever force it out of my fingers 8-}:oops: - Sybok was totally my Mr. Wickham, so it was interesting realigning myself to a different portrayal of him. [face_laugh])

~MJ @};-

5. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Sarek's past in regards to Sybok being his firstborn son is one that will always cause some friction and mixed emotions in regards to Sybok and Spock ever having any real kind of brotherly interaction. Sybok as well has gone on a different path then what Sarek would have wanted him to, one where in my story I'll get more into as it goes along.

But, otherwise, Spock pulling everything back together in regards to Nyota shows that he has the humility and matureness to let his logic dictate how he reacts to both Sarek's past and Sybok's as well. Their family relationships were indeed quite strained and some of this is Sarek's fault. He had Sybok with his relationship with a Vulcan Priestess so in this regard it's I think in a way his punishment that the Vulcans made him the ambassador to Earth. They sent Sarek away because of how Sybok was born. Sybok, I'm guessing lived with the Vulcan Priestess until he was old enough to leave Vulcan. As for Sarek, in a way his banishment became a blessing because he met Amanda and then they eventually got married and Spock was a result of their marriage.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Excellent post showing how Nyota deals with Sybok

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Our Secret & Muchly Anticipated Habit

I was coming from an evaluation meeting on my research project when Commander Radcliffe stopped me at the lift to - nitpick on a few nonessential details. I groaned inwardly but thanked her as the lift doors opened.

"Thank you so much, Commander Radcliffe for the suggestion." I called over my shoulder as I stepped into the lift. As the doors slid shut, I breathed: "More like Ratchet."

"Quite an interesting comparison." Came a very welcome voice from the opposite side.

"Hello! One I think others share ... she gets on everyone's nerves ... except perhaps yours." I teased, as my professional mask slipped and a wide smile replaced my previous scowl.

I now moved to his side. "Are you going where I'm going?" I grinned and slid an arm around his waist.

?According to Starfleet regulations section III, article IV, paragraph ten; this would be deemed as an inappropriate use of Federation public spaces.? Spock replied, at his most didactic, but his eyes shone with inner mischief knowing I enjoyed this sort of thing whenever he chose to indulge in it.

?I'm sure that it was more of a footnote.? I teased, eyes laughing.

?It was indeed a paragraph ? five sentences, eighty-seven words, five-hundred-eighteen characters ...? He answered. Yet, I noticed happily that he was not attempting to draw out of my clasp.

?... Spock?? My eyes danced, and my voice caressed the sound of his name.

?Yes, Nyota?? The mischief was blended quite sweetly with a tender note over the syllables of my name.

?We can keep it a secret,? I purred the suggestion, one hand stopping the turbolift even as the other slid under his uniform top.

My kisses were warm against his neck as I moved up slowly to latch firmly onto his lips. Being this close to him warmed me up from the inside out, and I savored it completely.

His gentle hands stroked up my back - then drew me even nearer still; his tone grew thoughtful. ?There was nothing in the regulations against that.?

I whispered between very adoring kisses: "If there are, I wouldn't object to pressing the Del key on that particular section."

He caught a laughing memory from me. "What is it?"

"Right after their honeymoon, Mara Jade-Skywalker found an unsent letter Luke wrote Callista way back in his closet; it was all full of Mara, full of his liking and admiration. He'd even forgotten he'd written it! They deleted it together." I concluded on a laugh. "And he told Mara that she was his present and future and 'always.'" I finished happily. "As you are mine."

He crushed me and kissed me breathlessly, deeply, and long, and it was all we could do to remember to restart the lift.

We made sure to indulge in such moments whenever we shared a lift car that was auspiciously unoccupied.

++++++

Note: The letter referenced was in a viggie by Jedi-2B called My Always. [face_dancing] A fun! melty! read!

[face_love]

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Perfect banter in the lift and what a nice little secret they've got there. [face_love]

I also love that viggie by Jedi-2B. :)

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    loved it and the references to Mara and Luke[face_dancing]:*

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love that :D And of course, Spock can quote the section by heart 8-}

The viggie sounds interesting. Do you by any chance have a link?

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I love how you can so seamlessly take snippets of this and that and make a completely new, engrossing read. [face_love]

I will never think of turbolifts the same after those two. They have quite made them their own. :p [face_love]

~MJ @};-

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all! :* And look, the first post of 2012! [face_dancing] [face_laugh]

A Truer Friend

Sherralyn

When Tristan was stuck in a hostage situation, Nyota dropped what she was doing 2 sectors over (thankfully just the tail-end of a conference) and came to be with me.

A truer friend through all the years I could not hope to find. Her warmth and lively humor have been a constant point of brightness and sweetness.

She is definitely a friend for all seasons, one who binds themselves to you with love and committed loyalty through hard times and easy, good times and bad.

I didn't know what to say in thanks, but when Tristan came out okay (with the rest of the landing team!), she just hugged me tightly and said that was all the thanks she needed.

***~~~
    Spock

When Nyota returned from her days with Sherralyn, I did not treat her to flowers, chocolates, or another favorite sweet dessert. I merely greeted her at the door with a warm hug and gentle kiss. She clung fast to me, in turn.

"Sherralyn is fortunate to have a friend such as you are, Nyota." I observed, leading her over to the sofa where I drew her onto my lap.

She grinned and snuggled even more closely. "I'm just happy Tristan came through all right! I know that if our positions were reversed, she'd come to be with me."

"I have no doubt. You inspire that sort of loyalty." I answered, stroking a hand up her back slowly.

"Stop it, already." She winked and laughed huskily, and murmured between long, warm kisses, "Do you want me to show you how much I missed you, how very, very much?"

I crushed her and kissed her with equal thoroughness and heat. "If it is as much as I missed you, my love, then it must be to a considerable degree." I answered.

She laughed tenderly, and all conversation ceased between us for an extended, quite pleasurable while.

+++++++

[face_love] [face_love]

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Warms my heart to see the friendship between Nyota and Sherralyn. Nyota's welcome home was also truly wonderful.

@};-

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love Nyota and being there for her friend.

And being with Spock, delightful and sweet=D=

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! What a perfect post to kick the new year off with. As always, warm and sweet to read. [face_love]

~MJ @};-

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Nyota's such a good friend :) I'm glad Tristan came through okay!

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Gentle Avowals

Nyota

My bondmate and I were taking a stroll hand-in-hand in a local bazaar. Vendors tried to ply us with their wares, but we politely declined until a booth with brighttly colored bangles and wrist bracelets caught my attention.

Upon closer inspection, we discovered they were cheap knock-offs; yet, I was taken by some of the trite yet cute inscriptions inside.

We continued on to a local cafe and ordered hot drinks.

I smiled as I observed a couple enter; they were obviously newly in love: with the shy eagerness and amazement of early days.
    I pointed this out, fondly.

Spock

Nyota's happy perusal was touching. I gave her hand a squeeze and caressed her across our connection.

"Not so long ago, we were them." She observed, taking a sip of her drink.

"Hmmm. Interesting tense of the verb, my ashaya." I remarked, raising a brow at her teasingly.

She laughed. "You know what I mean! When those delighted feelings are there, all the time, pervading everything!"

I continued to tease: "Now, they only occur ocasionally?"

"Oh!!!!" She blushed. "I'd better quit while I'm still behind by a mile!"

I leaned close and kissed her lightly.

She sighed in relief when she realized I understood her meaning exactly.

"I still have those feelings, darling." She elaborated softly, "But they're not as out there for everyone else to read." She grinned. "Just for you."

"Indeed." I sipped my drink and caught a spark of tender reflection in Nyota's eyes as she made the following confession.

Nyota

"I've been in love with you for so long, so deeply, and each thing you do makes it stronger. Even when it's not directed at me."

He could tell to what I alluded. His offer and acceptance of friendship - in just the right capacity and degree with others: a trusted confidante, a source for clearer perceptions on a situation - those things are as needed and treasured as a buddy is. Even more so, given the circumstances.

"During the starting days of our tour, as friendships formed and solidified, I was touched as you became integral to even the oh-so-prickly Doctor, though he'd probably still deny it." I laughed.

Later that evening, he presented me with a lovely bracelet, not one of the faux ones, but one with real gems.

I beamed, giving him a warm hug. "Thank you!"

He encircled me tightly. "I've been thinking about what you said earlier, and I want to ask you something." He began.

"Yes?" I asked, nestling more closely as the bracelet's shimmer caught the light.

"When we were set to debark after our return from our trip together, you seemed ... to feel relief when I arrived before departure. Did you think, even unconsciously that ..."

I gave a rueful sigh. "Not out of doubt, but more from being glad to be right after all, and of not having to be apart from you."

He assured quietly: "I would not have let that happen. Did you notice the inscription in the bracelet?"

I smiled and slid it off to read: "Not until you mentioned it. Oh!" I breathed.

It wasn't a trite cliche at all.

"Our destinies merge & hearts intertwine, always."

"Ever and always, my love!" I murmured. "Even when forever is merely an echo."

Then followed a sweet time - exquisite and adoring - of gentle caresses, lingering kisses, and a most genuine reciprocal "I love you."

+++++++++

SQUGGLES!

Num, tummy!

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Time is the true test of true love. After years of being together, their love only grows deeper even if less exuberant.

Lovely viggie, Jade!

@};-

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Very romantic and beautiful inscription by Spock for Nyota; destined to be lovers forever. [:D]

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    very romantic but that's what I expect from you and a delightful forever love

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, that bracelet is so sweet!!

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, for the love of squee, but that was just too beautiful for words. Endearing, in a word defined. [face_love]

I love how full and mature their love is here. It's simply glorious to read - especially as a reader who has watched them grow from the very beginning. [face_love]

I have missed seeing these viggies from you! Thank-you, as always, for sharing. [:D]

~MJ @};-

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi all! Thanks for the gorgeous feedback.

I love writing their love in all its phases and nuances. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Hazel, as a fellow nonabashed lover of pure mush, :* I appreciate your words. @};-

earlybird - I love that you like mush as much as I do. [face_laugh]

RX - you always say things so succinctly and sweetly, like a Hallmark card LOL

Nat -- ;) :D

Mira - As one who encapsulates all it is to be a stunningly fantabulous authoress, I am honored and thrilled.

!!!!!!!

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot for this one. LOL

Nothing like a mutual admiration society. ;)

~~~~~~

Deliciously Honest Opinions

Nyota

After our visit to my family for the first time, Kashore's honest opinion of my betrothed was glowing, exceedingly.

"He's so right for you! Everything I could have wished!" There were a smile and dancing emoticons afterwards.

I beamed and teased my love by asking his opinion of my sister, as we enjoyed steaming cups of Earl Grey tea.

Our bond communicated little as he replied, except a calm sincerity.

But the glint in his eye made me suspicious I was being teased.

I decided to tease back by acting like I didn't know that.

Spock

"She's very much like you in personality, lively and outspoken. I can see those estimable qualities that make her such a loving wife and mother and empathic sister to you."

Nyota grinned. "I'm happy you think so."

"But her welcome of me ... and reception of our betrothal ..." I paused, trying to convey a reticence.

Nyota frowned, setting down her cup. "Yes?" She asked, very carefully.

"These seemed slightly different from my expectations." I paused, then let her feel my true intent through our bond. "They left nothing to be desired, my love." I assured, squeezing her.

Nyota

I asked lowly: "What am I going to do to you for teasing me like that?" My eyes danced with mirth.

He nibbled my ear lightly. "I'm sure you can think of something suitable."

"Oh, yes, sweetest heart. And I promise we'll enjoy it immensely." I murmured huskily.

"We may have to defer it, however. I made tentative arrangements for a chess match."

I asked between kisses: "Which would you rather be doing? Besting your worthy opponent or ... savoring me?"

He crushed me, and his burning kisses were all the answer I wanted or needed, as well as his loving mental reply:

/Nyota. That is not a fair contest. You would win, every time./

My laughter and love flowed back to him, as we proceeded to enjoy one another fully, unhurriedly.

+++++

[face_love]

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes meeting her sister would surely lead to teasing.

Loved the reflections on that and the resulting mush