main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Jade's You-Box Moments. New Post: after move!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, for the love of squee, but you are truly tempting for this teaser. ;) [face_devil]

You give such life and spirit to Amanda's voice - I always enjoy reading her thoughts from your lines. [face_love]

Like this:

Logic and restraint were guidposts on a pathway - signposts and lamplit guidances in lieu of rigid to the letter mores.

Was very elegantly written. And the perfect way to sum up the *ideal* of Vulcan's culture. A perfect thought, if rarely executed so in form.

"I really admire this about Sarek." She had written. "It doesn't hurt that during our conversations I just happen to get lost in those deep, dark eyes of his, and in that rich cappuccino voice of his."

Yep. She wrote. We read. Everyone squeed and rejoiced. [face_laugh]!!!

Ye Gods, but that cappuccino voice gets me every time - from father and son. [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :D !!

Inspired by Mira's lovely week IV prompts of sorry and risk, [face_dancing]

After All

The nummy Al Jarreau link:

is right here.

Also taking this quote: "I was dead until you found me, though I breathed. I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came...and I was awakened."- J.R. Ward but really Ceillean :* :*

~~~~

I twisted the transmitting stud on my wrist-comm, a gadget Audrey had introduced to pick up negotiating and other conversations wherein the parties on the other side wouldn't know they were being recorded. It resembled a sparkly bracelet. It was quite innocuous. The rationale was that if an issue and quibbling arose later, there'd be a verbatim recording uploaded and ready to be unzipped into the main logs.

The talks were tight. Ecological fanatics were going head to head on a vital issue against the moderates who wanted to develop ocean-based resources but in a balanced, nonharmful fashion. They were wrangling over setting up an independent reviewing board, so that industry and ecologists couldn't tamper with or slant the strategies or results obtained.

One of the guards was giving me a beady look as I pressed the "Send" end of the transmitter.

He suddenly came up behind me and gripped my wrist, a wicked dagger against the side of my neck. "What you doing, madame?" He snarled with a sneer.

"The stud was loose." I answered mildly. "Merely fixing it before it fell off."

"Ha! Let me see that!" He yanked at it with one hand while pressing the knife point with the other.

I gave a gasp as the point opened a slight wound. I moved my foot and ground my heel into his instep. He gave a strong grunt and stepped away from me. I took advantage of the sudden release and brought my closed fist up and cracked him one across the nose. He gave a snarl and held his nose with one hand while retaliating with a sharp-knuckled blow to my lip and chin.

My love's sharp gaze had fastened upon me at my involuntary gasp and he moved quickly to my side.

"Lieutenant?" His voice and sense were vibrant with concern. I could also tell he was spoiling to as the saying went, throw down the gauntlet.

The blow was minor, but he was full of trepidation at the sight of it, nonetheless.

"Is this how your side wins points?" Jim drawled, and I had to stifle a chuckle. You tell him, my Correllian friend, I thought.

Across our bond, I sent an assurance as a desperate and calming thing.

The alien guard smirked over his bloodied blade; his yellow teeth a greasy slash in the half-light. It was a mistake. My ashal-veh took it as a slap with a glove.

?You will regret that,? Spock informed the guard. His voice was completely level, but his eyes held a promise.

/Sweet skies./ I sent to him in a rush of love.

And his threat was well served. It took a few well-placed parries and thrusts hand to hand, and don't forget, all this was being recorded for posterity.

"Well," Chris said wryly as she finished her ministrations, "I'd hate to see the opposition."

I gave a soft chuckle. "Quite the sight, let me tell you."

The bandages were white and sterile against the dark shades of my skin. I looked more paler than normal -from the blood loss, and the bruising would fade as well.

His eyes held mine and traced the outlines of my face greedily, seeking for signs of lingering disequilibrium or hurt of any kind ...

Gently, he brushed his hand against the fabric binding my arm, feeling my blood beat beneath as if seeking an assurance.

?Worth the risk?? I asked lowly, eyes full of warmth and concern for his emotional serenity, which I felt he was still trying to regain.

Spock's fingers stilled against my pulse. ?Of course.? The words were only a half-truth.

I sensed the qualification, and I melted totally at it.

"You are a true Knight Gallant, my sweetest, dearest love." I murmured tenderly.

I took his other hand in mine and brushed a lingering kiss to the palm and to t

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    =D=

Gripping and beautiful!

Loved it. @};-

4. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Holy cow, girl, but you work fast! [face_hypnotized] :eek:

Which is all of the more better for us - because there were so many things to squee over with this one! [face_laugh] [face_love]

First of, I loved how you expanded the action in the first set. Your little 'knightly' details, like 'ready to run the guantlet', and 'throw down the glove', gave this a really fun archaic sort of read that was just perfect. :cool:

The other guys must have looked a sight indeed when they were done! [face_laugh]

As always, the bond you write between our two was lovely and powerful to read - playful and seeringly beautiful even in the middle of a rather tricky situation. [face_love] That bond is what makes every scratch and near miss a worth it kind of thing - you have something to protect and cherish. [face_love]

And that last part was a pure fangirl indulgence on the highest level - and I adore you for every moment of it. [face_love]!!!

That was superbly written. =D=

WEIN? :p

~MJ @};-

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Nat! That says it all! :*

~

Mira -- thanks so much [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Can you tell I love their bond and how it is a source of wonderment, adoration, passion, and playfulness/mischief? :D :D

My conception of even the TOS Uhura was she is a lady of passion and playfulness, who deserved to be adored and - tickled -- and loved and kissed by one who knows how. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] !!!!!!!

Now I know why all those women they attempted to put in Spock's path made my teeth grind like Callista -- :p :rolleyes: Go away already LOL!!!

;)

[:D] !!!!!!!!

~

Hazel - thanks!!! Gripping -- that is quite a great adjective. I'm not usually one who delves into action, but for my babies, I will. :) @};-

7. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    "I was dead until you found me, though I breathed. I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came...and I was awakened."- J.R. Ward but really Ceillean

The above quote really says all that has to be said about Spock and Nyota's love. It's very similar to John 9:25 where the blind man states that "I was blind, and now I can see."

It to me draws a dramatic parallel to Spock and Vulcan in the movie. Vulcan had to get destroyed for Spock to awake and see Nyota for all that she means to him. Vulcan collapses and Spock does as well, but Nyota picks him up in the turbolift afterwards. He's still an emotional wreck; thereby making it easy for Kirk to unnerve him so handily, but again, it's Nyota who picks up the pieces and melds them back together. Really, without her, Spock would be just as much of a void in space as Vulcan now is as well.

Beautifully done! [:D]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [:D] !!!

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

A/N: This doesn't tie to a prompt LOL but it was inspired by features in other fics.

~~~

A Blushy Moment

I grinned as I related to my sister during a visit home what Audrey and I had talked about during a gals' night. There were some aspects that I couldn't relate as to the context but I gave her the highlights.

"When we went to ask the indomitable T'Pau for assistance," I recalled, "She gave us - as Sherra puts it - the bum's rush. And this led Audrey to tell me and Yolette later that for a race/society whose guys are compelling," here I winked, "and where most of the ladies are dignified and gracious, this particular matriarch had a total attitude."

Kashore laughed and snagged another fudge square. "I bet you had something to say to that, especially after your interview ..." (This relating to formal familial introductions, etc.)

I blushed, spooning vanilla ice cream over my fudge square. "Yes, so I told my friends in all confidence that I felt she had a stick up her rump!"

We let loose with a rich peal of laughter.

Dajan and the others trooped in right then from a brisk romp in the back yard.

"Ah!" He teased, winking at me, "What's the joke?" He knew that when my sister and I got together, the levity reached new heights.

Kashore laughed even harder, and as I caught my intended's glance, I proceeded to blush all over again.

"Nothing you'd be interested in." She answered, saving me the trouble.

I kept my end of our connection decidedly innocent. Of course, though, he noticed but didn't comment.

Later, as my love and I cuddled closely and watched the sun setting over the lake, I could sense his lingering curiosity ... particularly given my reaction ...

I sighed softly as the colors faded from rich pinks and lavenders to a gentle rose touched with the lightest blue. "Isn't it lovely?"

"Yes, it is quite." His hands stroked my hair and shoulders leisurely.

"Especially over the lake." I added.

"You and Kashore were having quite an interesting conversation earlier." Was the quiet observation.

I answered readily: "Yes. I was telling her about some of my more outspoken moments. None you'd find particularly --"

My demurral and a flash of memory slid through unbeknownst.

He caught them both and favored me with a questioning glance and mirth glowing in his eyes. "Knowing you, I have no doubt it was a very - witty remark."

I blushed. "Well, if you must know ..." I said and let him have the rest of it.

I sensed his vibrant laughter. "Nyota my love ... You certainly don't hold that opinion of me?" There was a definite teasing tone in the words and through our bond.

"Of course not! I never did, my own!" I exclaimed, with several lingering caresses.

His lips fastened on mine, as I continued to sense his amusement and love.

Astonishingly, even this snarky account fueled his love of me, which in turn intensified mine.

I crushed him nearer to me, thinking how delightful my love was, and how blessed I was to see this particular side of his nature.

+++++

LOL, SQUEE! [face_love]

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Spock just adores Nyota's snarky remarks [face_love]

Very big SQUEEEEE!!!!

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love a little girl talk!!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D ! Thanks! :*

~~

The language of friendship he knows well. He binds others to him in a tight, unbreakable bond of loyalty and respect and admiration.

Filial affection may often go unvoiced, but it is there, a strong undercurrent.

Nyota - her heart and mind open in all its rich beauty and warmth -- is a teacher of a new kind of love.

Passion, adoration, devotion -- he gives and receives these in whole-souled, joyful measure.

When they begin their relationship, his unspoken: "I want to know what love is. I know you can show me." is answered by her emphatic assent.

Learning the nuances of her needs and wants - this is a language all its own - and an adventure.

She is patient, honored, and joyous in the sharing.

"How did I come to deserve you, my ashal-veh?" He often wonders, gazing at her lovingly.

At such times, she reaches a caressing hand out to him and replies with her kisses and gaze: "Just by being you! And I could ask you the same thing, my darling love!"

The answer to such a blissifying, rhetorical question which they find in each other's embrace is enough...

+++++++

SQUEE! SQUEE! And melt! [face_love]

I'm a gooey chocolate salami! LOL =P~ =P~

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    What a wonderful SQUEE that was [face_love]

Delicious in every way.

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww!! I love the theme of language :D

15. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great You-Box moment again with Spock and Nyota entwined together in romantic bliss. [:D]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Is that siggy worthy or what? I think it is. :* :* !!!!!

[:D] !!!!

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    These were a breath to fresh air to read, Jade. Just what I needed, lemme tell you! [face_love] As always, these were sweet and romantic, but this stuck with me:

The language of friendship he knows well. He binds others to him in a tight, unbreakable bond of loyalty and respect and admiration.

Filial affection may often go unvoiced, but it is there, a strong undercurrent.

Nyota - her heart and mind open in all its rich beauty and warmth -- is a teacher of a new kind of love.

You broke down his psyche perfectly there. Its a three tiered cord, and two he knows well - I especially liked your line about filial affection. Oftentimes his relationship with Amanda was unspoken, and his bond with Sarek was rocky at the worst of times. There was a quiet strength to it here that just snagged my eyes from where they were reading.

And then that last line - oh so true! She brings out the best of each of his sides, and makes it even better. It's a fascinating bond to watch flourish and thrive, and I love reading about it here. [face_love]

=D=

~MJ @};-

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thank you! I was always struck by that beauty and complexity & the fact you can tell a person's character by the love and respect they evoke in others [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] !!!

And Nyota -- his answered prayer, even unuttered in TOS, was she, ever, ever, and always! His blended nature is a joy to me, and deserves to be cherished by one who can do it proper justice. [face_love] [face_love] !!

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

Like I said in another thread, what JJ Abrams could do to "fix" SW, LOL :p woot! No Callista and Mara is still kicking high!

And 'sides all that, I'm just glad you're -- here, still. [:D] !!!!!!!

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: As a pairing combo, 99 from UDC 2 of Future with 90 Needed from UDC 5.

Beneath These hands, 99 from UDC 1.

Head Over Heels is 81 from UDC 3.

~~~~~~~~

All Jim knew was he wanted a future with Audrey. He told her he was at a loss for words one evening over dinner.

"That's a first." She quipped.

He laughed.

"Seriously, 'Rey. Over what you do to me, and for me. I never expected anything like this."

"Totally blind sided?" She grinned warmly. "I feel the same way." She admitted lowly.

~~

It was great, Audrey reflected, to actually be needed in such a way.

The love her parents had shared had been a deep and joyous thing. She had hoped to find it some day, for herself.

Jim was the last person she'd expect to respond to her empathy and snark as he had.

But she was thrilled!

~~

Beneath these hands -- these glorious, gentle hands -- Amanda thought in a blissful haze...

The mental bond sang and glowed between she and Sarek.

Amanda knew, in every fiber of her soul, with every breath, that any other love choice for her would have been as a barren wasteland compared to the verdance of Valinor.

~~~~

{SQUEEEEEEE!}

~~~

Julian had tried to kiss her goodbye on one occasion and had even managed to steal one on the night before he left.

It had been a shy, quick thing and it hadn't curled her toes.

But when the one her heart had chosen and fallen head over heels in love with -- when he had given into the sweetest impulse and kissed her ...

Nyota's heart had melted and her toes had curled for sure.

Even now, with 3 growing kids, it still happened.

Khio'ri teased her mother happily when she saw the dreamy look in her eyes.

Jenessa and Grayson just grinned and hoped one day to be so blessed.

~~~

{Vaporizes!}

[face_love]

20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

So right!

I think the heart knows when one has found a match and also that any child growing up surrounded by such a love seeks it out instinctively.

Wondrous drabbles, Jade!

[face_love]

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    It's so sweet that the kicks are picking up on and appreciating their parents' love for each other.

22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet moments from the queen of squee and mush=D==D==D=

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh my goodness, but you just hit everything beautiful and wonderful in this fandom all in one go. [face_love]

Jim and Audrey - it was lovely to see such a softness between them. They are such a fierce and spitfire pair that moments like these really show how much they calm and complete each other.

Amanda and Sarek - need I say any more? Its like Spock and Nyota but an older and fine wine. Glorious to read.

And then our two - oh, but I love seeing future glimpses of them!

This:

Khio'ri teased her mother happily when she saw the dreamy look in her eyes.

Jenessa and Grayson just grinned and hoped one day to be so blessed.

Too cute! Those are a smart set of kids. [face_love]

Another wonderful set.

WEIN? :p

~MJ @};-

24. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Awwww... I love the kids!

And Jim/Audrey... Man you're getting me back on track! Thank you for those!

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Shannon -- Audrey's quite the necessary thing to write, rather like Liz. :* !!

~~~~

Sweet Family Time

The family time at the beach was wonderful and relaxing. It was thrilling to have her folks there, as well. It had taken several messages back and forth to iron out the arrangements and coordinate schedules.

Well, Nyota reflected later with an inner laugh, all but for the time she'd been reading a novel while lounging on a huge towel, and her kids had sneaked up on her and pounced... To tickle her sides, while she laughed and wriggled and tickled back.

Come to think of it, that had been a jolly fun time too ... as she squeezed them to her in one happy tangle.

Akilah grinned as she joined the group. "Ganged up on you, I see?"

As the kids scurried off, Nyota laughed, abandoning any attempts at a fierce scowl. "Yes, they're incorrigible. I do love such romps, although I'll deny it if you let that get out!"

They both laughed.

Nyota strolled into the kitchen to get the platter of puff pastries, some of which were almost bursting with a creamy custard filling.

"Well, aren't you the beautiful sight?" She heard her dad remark, scooping her mom up in an exuberant hug.

She was wearing a softly pastel halter dress.

"It's so wonderful that you guys are still so lovestruck." Nyota remarked happily.

Her mom laughed. "It's quite a pleasure to keep the love sparks going."

Her dad winked. "Comes from being irresistible."

"I have the best role models in that, and it's a very easy one to follow, believe me." Nyota observed with a dreamy sigh.

Nyota was reading and writing letters from friends in a secluded glade. A clear brook gurgled nearby. The scene was tranquil and lovely, a fitting accompaniment to her jubilant mood.

Her bondmate found her there and drank in the exquisite vision she presented even in casual wear. He'd just sent the kids off on an outing with their doting grandparents to a nearby park and animal preserve.

("No puppies," Nyota had warned. "And no kittens, either!")

He came up to her side and laid a hand on her bare shoulder.

"Hey, you." She murmured, feeling tiny shivers just at this light contact. "You didn't want to go along?"

"I wanted to be -"

"Alone with me?" She finished happily, as he pulled her oh-so-willingly close. "Whatever for?" She purred.

"My love, you are fully aware of the reasons." He replied tenderly, and feathered ever-warming kisses along her neck and throat.

Nyota hastily put her lapcomp aside, and nestled more snugly in his hold.

"It's a good thing they'll be gone for quite the while then, ashaya." She grinned.

"Indeed, it is."

+++++

SQUEE! As in, always. :D [face_love] !!!!!!!