main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Jade's You-Box Moments. New Post: after move!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    SQUEEEEE indeed! :D [face_love] :*

ButI think someone will smuggle in a cute puppy despite the warning. ;)

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    squeee [face_dancing][:D] yes Lovely warm post with all the moments we love

3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Well, she didn't say anything about no Tribbles, so maybe someone will become enchanted with their fur and purrs. [face_shhh]

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    ("No puppies," Nyota had warned. "And no kittens, either!")

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    If this wasn't heartwarming, then I don't know what is. [face_love]

As the kids scurried off, Nyota laughed, abandoning any attempts at a fierce scowl. "Yes, they're incorrigible. I do love such romps, although I'll deny it if you let that get out!"

I loved seeing Nyota in her role as mom here - she takes to it so well, and the kids sound adorable! I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more on this vein. :D

And Nyota's parents are a treat to see together - she definitely had the best example to follow and match herself. [face_mischief]

Nyota was reading and writing letters from friends in a secluded glade. A clear brook gurgled nearby. The scene was tranquil and lovely, a fitting accompaniment to her jubilant mood.

I LOVE the setting. ;)

("No puppies," Nyota had warned. "And no kittens, either!")

My thoughts mirrored RX's - no tribbles? [face_laugh]

"It's a good thing they'll be gone for quite the while then, ashaya." She grinned.

"Indeed, it is."

As it also is for every insatiable fangirl out there. [face_laugh]

This was simply wonderful to read - bright and tender and so filled with an adoration and family bond that a reader can almost touch. Very well done! =D=

[:D]

~MJ @};-

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all & Mira, I'm so glad I hit the tones I wanted to with that one -- adoration mixed with family closeness & that lovely forest glade! :D

A/N: No prompt for this one, just couldn't -- resist.

Lots of Teasing Going On, Etc.

"Are you kidding?!" McCoy was saying in response to Jim's and Sulu's good-natured teasing about he and Christine going out on a date.

"You don't have a thing about not dating a colleague, do you?" Jim persisted.

"Ha! I wouldn't get far with that line around here, now would I?"

That had both Sulu and Jim laughing.

"And you can't deny she's very attractive, caring, and warm..."

"No, I just would have to worry about following in your illustrious shadow."

This drew another laugh.

Nyota had to chuckle from the next table over. She winked at Audrey, who was taking it all in.

"That doesn't bother you, does it?" She questioned.

Audrey smirked. "No...although when I heard about Gaila... I did have my moments."

Nyota laughed. "I have a feeling he doesn't find you a slacker in any degree, and the bond more than compensates."

"That it does." Was the firm assent.

"How do you keep your head on-task, Jim, with Audrey on the bridge? Doesn't she distract you?" McCoy was saying.

"I'm terrific at juggling several things, although I cannot deny she wouldn't have a hard time persuading me to come late on-shift."

Surreptitious glances were cast in Nyota's direction.

She raised an innocent brow, and Audrey remarked soto voce: "Hey, when you got it, you got it."

Nyota laughed.

At their table, Spock was heard to observe: "I definitely detect a note of ... envy there..."

"Yes, Len..." Audrey called. "And I can actually feel it."

This had both tables in stitches.

Later...

Jim scooped Audrey up in a hug and kissed the tip of her nose. "All that talking gave me ideas... you know I wouldn't actually mind if you made me run late of a morning... accidentally, on purpose."

"Now, what kind of example would that set?" She teased, her eyes dancing.

"The best kind." He quipped, and she laughed.

"You're such an adolescent. But I love you, anyway."

Elsewhere...

"Well," Nyota remarked to her love as the doors slid shut, "Do you think he'll ask her?"

"I have no doubt of it... whether she accepts or not..."

Nyota laughed. "Is a tiger of another stripe." She concluded.

He had found the sound of her rippling laugh throughout the evening enchanting, as always. He reached for her, but she drew away suddenly.

He quirked a curious brow, but she simply said: "Just you wait there. I have something -- special for you..."

A moment later, she emerged wearing a pale rose and satiny negligee. It had transparent shimmering lace accenting in the most intriguing locations.

"You like what you see?" She purred, although their bond was conveying the answer definitively, as was the fervently appreciative way he was drinking in her loveliness.

He moved to her then and wrapped her up in a warm, fierce embrace.

He slid one hand underneath to stroke her shoulders and she sighed contentedly, giving his ear a nibble, before working her leisurely way to fasten her lips on his.

/My oh-so-delicious love!/ She thought, holding him fast in turn.

/I believe you and I shall be ... late again.../ Came the loving, teasing rejoinder.

/Is that a promise?/ Came Nyota's laughing reply. /Or a request?/

/Both, my own./ He sent to her, neither one of them breaking their hold or bothering to come up for air.

++++

SQUEEE! SQUEE!

D'awwwoon! [face_dancing] !!

[face_love] [face_love] !!

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    SQUEEELICIOUS on all fronts [face_love] :* [face_love]

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Mushalicious too, loved all of the banter and sweet moments[face_love]:*

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Bones cracks me up :D

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    "Ha! I wouldn't get far with that line around here, now would I?"

He most certainly would not. [face_laugh]!!

This was fun on a few different levels! I adored how strong the crew comraderie was here, and the teasing was right on the money and perfect for everyone involved. [face_love]

Well done! =D=

~MJ @};-

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot! This uses two prompts from this fun week's set: what and why.

~~~~~~

Amanda never asked "What am I doing here?" in the middle of this strange new world, and even more wondrous relationship. Sarek was the why, with every breath and heart beat, she knew this...

When they had gazed spellbound, her more openly so than he, at a breathtaking canyon view, and as she had cast a sidelong glance at him, Amanda had smirked because the sight which he presented on the quadruped was as compelling as the sunlit one beyond.

Naturally, he caught her train of thought, and sent her a laughing, loving caressing thought in reply.

Amanda's heart overflowed with the joy and astoundingness of it all, so she felt compelled to leave a holo-journal.

Sarek-- upon meeting the incomparable Nyota, felt the journal would provide many observations, insights, lessons, and what Nyota would call "blessings"...

Because, so exactly like Amanda, the one thing Ny never had to ask herself was "what" or "why."

++++

D'awwoon! again!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

!!!!

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sarek and Amanda and Nyota hmmmm lovely[face_dancing][:D]

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Nyota is truly Amanda's heir, isn't she?

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, for the love of squee but that was just the right amount of breathtaking to start the day!! [face_love]

And the journal!! I can't wait to see where that story leads us.

~MJ @};-

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Because, so exactly like Amanda, the one thing Ny never had to ask herself was "what" or "why."

[face_love] [face_love]

16. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Beautifully written and a very unique view into both Amanda and Nyota and their love for their respective mates. [:D]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all! :* What and why just seemed to beg for Amanda POV.

This doesn't flow from a particular prompt but can't wait to post itis has struck again. WEIN.

Jinkeehaw! LOL

~~~~~~~

Memorable Encounter

In the flurry surrounding your second trip to New Vulcan, and the ire at T'Pau's intransigence, this encounter still stood out as memorable.

During a hiatus in the talks, Sarek and his assistant, T'Mai, sought you out.

"I've been giving this a lot of thought, and I believe Amanda would want you to have this." Sarek remarked after exchanging pleasantries.

He handed you a series of data-discs in a leatherette-bound folder.

"Thank you." You smiled warmly.

T'Mai spoke softly. "I also serve as - as we call him here - Selek's assistant, and he has a personal message for you, Lieutenant."

"Thank you, ma'am." You answered and broke the message cube's seal.

Inside you read the following:

Lieutenant: I find you to be as vibrant, intelligent, and gracious as my memory purported you to be. After so long an interval, one often does not know which facets are completely accurate. It serves no purpose to wonder or speculate about different paths and choices, but at the same time, it is unavoidable given how completely attuned you and my alter are, and yes, given your obvious happiness. I wish you both serenity and long life, sharing such a bond as you have been privileged to establish."

You sent back a warm and sincere thanks, all misty-eyed:

"Oh, this was a very pleasant surprise! I am not sure time will permit a talk between us personally, but I do thank you for your well wishes! I could not ask for deeper happiness and a truer love than I have found."

As it turned out, you two were able to share light talk and fond observations of mutual friends.

This was a very intriguing and delightful experience.

Sometime later, your love found you in the arboretum, sipping a hot spiced mocha.

Although there was a soft ease about your sense surrounding the earlier encounter, there was also something niggling at your mind, which you couldn't precisely define.

You could tell he was there to help puzzle it out and soothe it away, if possible.

"It's not the aspect of different choices." You began at last. "I know what fortuitous and wonderful events led us together, and there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not grateful we came to the realization we did." Your gaze was tender. "I just had a horrific thought though... what if some time-tripping fool comes along and undoes it, and we wind up without one another, again?"

"My own, that is most improbable--" He assured, drawing you near.

"But not completely!" You insisted.

"And certainly not worth disrupting your equilibrium over." He concluded, squeezing you firmly.

The warmth of the contact and depth of affection flowing through your connection eased some of the ache and took off some of the chill.

"I'm being -- irrational, aren't I, love?" You chuckled ruefully.

He cocked a brow but didn't deny it, which increased your laughter. "Besides, there is always hope that a Time Lord will happen by to straighten it out, if the legends hold true." A definite note of mirthful playfulness there...

This made you laugh even more. "Oh, no! Not the TARDIS!"

Laughter flowed between you and danced in his eyes, as well as yours.

You shared deep, lingering kisses.

/Feel better?/ Came the solicitous query.

/Yes, my darling, sweet heart!/ You exclaimed, sending back warm thanks.

You finished the drink and made your way back to your quarters in a much lighter state of mind.

+++++

SQUEE! [face_love]

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely and with the Doctor Who reference[face_dancing]

A nice moment=D==D=

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Perfect! [face_love]

It's so wonderful to have the 'other's' blessing.

20. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Very sweet pieces. =D=

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Very nice!! I really enjoyed the second person :)

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    You are on a roll! In the best possible way. ;) [face_love]

It was neat to examine her time spent with Spock Prime - the note was heart warming, and afterwards was just a treat to read. Sheesh, but why did the TOS pass off on so much awesomeness? [face_love]

And Woot!! for the Who reference. [face_laugh]

~MJ @};-

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the wonderful comments. :) :) I did love writing every syllable. What else. Is new. [face_laugh]

~~~~~~

A/N: The sweet bromancy viggie by sweet_peach inspired part of this. @};-

Shades of Consolation

When Jim is weighed down with various choices/decisions, or their unforeseen aftermaths, he receives solace from various persons in diverse ways --

McCoy's wry wit lightens the mood without trivializing the situation...

Audrey's gentle glance and empathic touch mentally and via a handclasp provides a warm balm.

Spock's means of support is a joyous blessing... since it doesn't come with platitudes or rationales, but affirmations, approbation, sensitivity, and sincerity.

Jim and Ny speak of this on one occasion with a sense of being grateful and touched on his side and "Krell, I'm blessed" on hers.

Nyota was seldom "blue" - and never for long... but once in a while, she felt "out of sorts"... usually when she felt keenly that she missed her family when they were going through hard or happy times, and she wanted to be there to share it on the one hand and lighten their burdens on the other.

Her love asked her on one such occasion what was troubling her. They were in a secluded corner of the observation lounge. She found it pleasurable to be there, tranquil and restful to her state of mind.

"I just feel --" She trailed off and shrugged. "I don't exactly know how to explain it, my own."

His gaze held hers sympathetically, and through their bond she sensed he wanted to soothe it but was at a loss as to how, since the source was nebulous to her, as well.

Nyota smiled tenderly, and borrowing a line from the beautiful, compassionate, and courageous Leia Organa-Solo, merely said: "Just hold me."

So, like the lovable, heart-of-gold Han Solo, who always always comes through in a pinch, he did. And it sufficed.

++++

Vaporizes!

[face_love] !!!

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nyota smiled tenderly, and borrowing a line from the beautiful, compassionate, and courageous Leia Organa-Solo, merely said: "Just hold me."

So, like the lovable, heart-of-gold Han Solo, who always always comes through in a pinch, he did. And it sufficed.

Melts too.:* Lovely how you combine the two universes

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wonderful to have friends and loved ones to comfort you when you need it.

And what a beautiful title :)