main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Jade's You-Box Moments. New Post: after move!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, but this was delightful!

I loved the network you showcased - the support team of comrade and friend and lover. [face_love]

The last few lines put quite the smile on my face - sometimes, that is just all you need! And the Star Wars references are always lovely to see. [face_love]

=D=

~MJ @};-

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, I love a good bromance :D

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all... :* The varied means and sources of support were scrumptious to explore.

~~

The Daddy!Thing Is such a Turn-on!

When Kashore saw Dajan spontaneously playing with and taking care of their younglings when they were not feeling quite the thing... it touched her deepest self and filled her with joy. He's so loving! Not that she didn't know this, already. But the depth of it...that was the sweet surprise.

He was playful and openly loving by nature, but so many of her lady friends said they had to ask their life-mates to pitch in.

She'd only had to do that a few times in their early relationship, then a teasing or subtle hint was all that was needed.

Their time as foster parents had been most rewarding and so it had seemed only natural to extend it to something permanent, finding kids who were just the right fit for a forever family.

When he had acceded to her gentle request she'd been so happy that Kashore had sent him a dozen violet blooms.

~~~!

She mentioned this warm/fuzzy facet once to her sister when they had met for lunch at a cafe after their respective wellness visits to their private physicians.

"My dearest one is the same way." Nyota confided. "He takes over for me during the night when the kids need watching or wake up during the night after a bad dream, and even...like Poppa did for us--makes sure no monsters are in the closet or under the bed."

"For me, it was usually Orcs that were hiding." Kashore laughed.

"It was the fearsome Balrog or a Yuuzhan Vong with that amphistaff..." Nyota reminisced. "The whole daddy!thing in your life-mate, do you find it a turn-on?"

Kashore winked. "Sweetie, you find everything to be a turn on!"

They both laughed, and Ny couldn't deny it. She didn't want to, in any case. She shared one particular occasion with her sister.

She watched her love as he slept in, after being up with Grayson the majority of the night. He'd be up earlier than she would if their cases were reversed, so she took the moments granted her to watch him in repose.

/I do love you to distraction./ She thought softly.

Even this tender whisper was enough to arouse him. /And I, you./

Nyota was swift to offer an apology, but he cut her off. "There is no need, ashaya."

He drew her close and started to lavish slow kisses on her lips and now blissfully closed eyes.

"You're so great at the whole daddy!thing." She murmured happily. "And I certainly enjoy what we do to have them." She purred, with a low laugh.

"This I know beyond dispute." Her love answered, squeezing her breathless.

She was on the verge of asking: "Are you ready for breakfast?" but his continued caresses chased that question (and everything else) out of her mind.

It was a deliriously wonderful morning for them both.

+++++

Squggles! Squggles!

[face_love] [face_love] !!!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely combination of all the sweet moments and kids stuff. Monsters yes. Orcs and Vong were

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    What wonderful fathers Kashore and Nyota have found for their children, not to mention loving soul-mates.

[face_love] @};-

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, how possitively enchanting! :D [face_love]

Orcs and Vong and monsters, oh my! [face_mischief] I loved the idea of papa Spock coming to the rescue - and I adored Kashore and Nyota comparing notes so to speak. The flashback was endearing. [face_love]

=D=

~MJ @};-

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all @};- :) - I melted with the awww!ness & I love this mutual inspiring with Mira_Jade, whose drabbles Who-Why led to this scrumptious entry.

~~

Wonderfulicious Blessings

It was a cozy mom/daughter cuddle moment. I had just finished reading the interactive Xena, of the warrior princess legend.

Khio'ri then mentioned softly that she'd like a little sister - to be like Gabrielle was for Xena - a friend and confidante to lean on and share adventures with.

I grinned. Having a sister deeply close in affection and very close in age, I could understand this.

I, however, had to gently explain that it wasn't like ordering up a purchase.

I forestalled any further questions as to the how and why ( [face_mischief] ) by assuring her that "Poppa and I will definitely think about it."

My heart did a flip-flop at the myriad thoughts that brought to mind.

As I tended the azaleas in my garden a few mornings later, my heart overflowed with love and gratefulness, as was my wont.

As a result, songs of reverent praise were followed by happy romantic ballads.

Anyone who might wonder at such a juxtaposition -- I smiled -- I would be happy to tell them it was absolutely nothing to marvel at.

My eyes misted as I reflected upon my profound blessedness.

Miranda stopped by on her way to Glasgow.

She didn't know or care if it was "out of the way"...she wanted a chat.

Miranda was charmed by Khio'ri and over chai tea, we talked and reminisced.

Her sparkly wit was as ever-present as always.

"Is Galen still pursuing you, or did you let him catch you?" I asked her about a colleague of hers.

"Well... we've gone out and really enjoy one another, and we are getting closer to a commitment." She answered. "Although, the ice floes in the Antarctic move faster than he does, so I'll have to be the one to speak first of something more permanent." She rolled her eyes. "I know he loves me...he's just --"

I laughed. "I wouldn't know about that..." I was ecstatic that in my case, there'd been no hemming and hawing on either side.

"No, you wouldn't. You whose life-mate thinks the moon and sun rises and sets on you." She remarked happily.

I beamed, like rays of sunshine. "He does not." I demurred, feeling a tender thrill. "Nothing so fanciful."

Miranda's eyes were soft and dreamy. "Except that with him it isn't fanciful. He just feels that way about you, Ny."

"Oh, Randi," I murmured. "It is miraculous, isn't it?"

We were coming and going for work during the next week or so, what with training new personnel, urgent talks, and finally a celebratory function for a colleague's promotion.

To unwind and savor the relative peacefulness afterwards, we joined the Sutherlands for a long week end in a beachside bungalow--one per family.

It had all the amenities but was in a lovely setting, where turquoise waters lapped at golden sands.

My love and I strolled hands interlaced along the sunset beach, as I told him laughingly of Khio'ri's "request" and Miranda's observations.

"I could be happy either way... although the thought of a youngling with your sweetness of soul is one that I confess delights me to no end!" I murmured.

His eyes lingered with gentle adoration upon me. My tender ebullient words of love were things he was accustomed to as they came frequently. The joy, passion, and love between us was deeper than ever it had been with still the newness and wonder of early days.

"Khio'ri is much like you, my own. She has your sensitivity and lively curiosity."

Her nature was also developing a strong trait of compassion and open-heartedness. This, our friends and family told us, she got from both of us.

"Then our next wee one will probably get my mischievous streak." I mused. "I'm not sure I could be ready for that." I laughed and winked.

Later as the moon rose, its light bathed us in soft radiance.

I reached a caressing hand to trace along his brow and high cheekbones and rested lastly upon the high curve to his ear--which sti

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hmmmm!!!!

Totally melted with this wonderful and sweet news.

Thanks, I needed that.

[:D] :* [:D]

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was lovely!

Just soft and slow and perfectly sweet. [face_love] The Xena reference had me chuckling, and Khio'ri's request was so dead! I also loved your scenery for this - from the garden, to the beach. And this:

Miranda's eyes were soft and dreamy. "Except that with him it isn't fanciful. He just feels that way about you, Ny."

Truer words were never spoken. [face_love]

And then the twins! :D Yes, that is going to be a blast. [face_love]

Lovely, lovely job with this, Deb! [:D]

~MJ @};-

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely sweet moments on a saturday afternoon. You made my day[face_dancing]

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, that's so sweet!

And twins? They're going to have their hands full :p

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all @};- :)

~~

Is This...All In a Day's Work?

During a very interesting stop-over to a world embroiled in civil strife, one half held all the natural resources while exploiting the talents and abilities of the other half.

They paid their labor force a mere pittance, without allowing them the education or training to be self-sufficient.

Noble-minded diplomats thought to form a political and marriage alliance between the two factions, but even that bit of negotiating had bogged down.

The ruling matriarch of the most prominent faction had her eyes on Him from the moment she laid eyes on him.

Jim hastily said he was already "spoken for"... (this being before Commander Pearce joined us - this statement led to a lot of -- logistical difficulties).

He had to provide a convincing "lady-friend" to get out of the quagmire of the hasty bluff.

Jim slanted a look in my direction in a half-teasing way. "What about it, Lieutenant?" That look said.

While I rolled my eyes and tossed my 'padd his way, his XO favored him with a severe glower.

"When you can fry eggs on the sidewalk on Csilla," that look said.

I stifled a laugh and sent Spock a warm, loving look.

Janice, who is my beta-shift stand-in, volunteered very readily.

She and I exchanged a teasing glance.

Is this all in a day's work? I thought with an inner laugh.

As Spock passed my station, I murmured to him sotto voce: "Afraid of a little friendly competition, or that I couldn't be convincing enough?"

He quirked both brows at me for that one, and surprise communicated itself very clearly through our connection.

Krell, I thought wryly, My Liz is showing.

"Lieutenant," He rejoined, "I won't dignify that with a comment."

I put on my most innocent smirk, but I feared it was a day late and a cred short.

When I told Chris and Yolette about this later, they both gave me a look that said: "What'd you go and do that for?" even as they laughed.

Chris groaned. "No wonder you can give Len a time of it in the repartee department!"

"You're irrepressible, you know that?" Yolette asked, still chuckling.

"Sometimes, I even manage to amaze myself." I answered, blushing.

The talks were touch and go, but Janice, who actually pulled more weight with the matriarchal, matrilineal side, was able to push through a deal that would be agreeable to all sides: involving an arbitration/oversight committee and education and shared resources on a titrated system, such that within 18 months certain intermediate steps would have to be met and approved, and at 6 month intervals thereafter, and a marriage agreement which allowed the eligible parties on both sides to fraternize and court in the usual way, so that political expediency and mutual attraction could have their sway in equal measure.

During the celebratory function afterwards, she was stunning in a teal gown. She and Jim danced and flirted with one another.

She confided in me when they returned that the whole "romantic involvement" hadn't been as hard as she'd expected. I teased her about this, and she flushed.

"Yes," She admitted at last, "I have a tiny crush on the Captain."

I laughed. "And he, being the incorrigible flirt, found no difficulty either, especially given your charms are just what he usually goes for."

She blushed some more. "It's a good thing you have been mentoring me somewhat on the diplomatic side of things."

I wondered how my love would be towards me after their return. I was quite sure he hadn't appreciated my parting, jocular salvo, but he acted as per usual ... by immediately drawing me into a warm, gentle "hello" embrace.

I didn't sense anything untoward in our bond either, and I gave an inner sigh of relief, but I still felt compelled to apologize. "My darling love, I'm so--"

Spock tried to favor me with a quelling look, an "If I had a gimer stick, I'd whack you with it" look.

Then, I noticed the laughter in his dark eyes and across our connection.

His hands were

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    an "If I had a gimer stick, I'd whack you with it" look.[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Love those references

"And he, being the incorrigible flirt, found no difficulty either, especially given your charms are just what he usually goes for."

That's Kirk

Nice update=D=

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Jealous!Spock is [face_laugh]

And not-jealous!Spock is [face_love]

I also must mention Janice and the very efficient way she helped negotiate the agreement, even whit such distraction (Jim) at her side. =D=

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Such a fun update! :D

"When you can fry eggs on the sidewalk on Csilla," that look said.

Best fandom cross EVER. Yep, I'm going to find somewhere to use that one . . .

As Spock passed my station, I murmured to him sotto voce: "Afraid of a little friendly competition, or that I couldn't be convincing enough?"

He quirked both brows at me for that one, and surprise communicated itself very clearly through our connection.

Girl's got her game face on. :oops: :p

We all know she can be pleanty convincing enough; hey, she was able to melt a Vulcan's heart. And that last scene shows that that's a part of her he most certainly admires. :p [face_laugh]

Great work, as always! =D=

[:D]

~MJ @};-

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [:D] !!

~~

Being Enthralled - Something Very Easy to Adjust To

You are struck early on by the fact that Nyota always has an opinion. She offers it when asked, and frequently even when not.

It is invariably insightful, always reflective of her feelings - positive or negative.

Her compelling eyes sparkle with admiration or disdain, whichever applies. Whereas in others, this quality could and does so often lead to irritation, in her, it is quite the opposite.

On one such occasion, she laughs ruefully. "I can definitely go on, can't I? Let me know if ..." She pauses, and holds your gaze thoughtfully. "Now that I come to think of it, you've been giving me the most flattering, rapt attention."

"It is not intended to flatter." You remark. Giving her complete attention is a very natural, even pleasurable experience.

She flushes happily. "I know." She murmurs, a warm glow lighting her eyes.

Your nascent connection to her conveys her happiness and deep appreciation.

When you are working in the lab together, she leans over your shoulder as you point out an algorithm. "Oh! I get it now!" She exclaims, her hand grasping your shoulder elatedly.

You reach up to keep her hand there, and then suddenly notice that some of the silken strands of her hair have come loose from the comb. It is only natural, therefore, that you tuck it back.

She smiles tenderly. "Thanks, love." You share a quick kiss or two, - of necessity kept brief, although you can tell she is quite tempted to lengthen them. It is difficult indeed to refrain from giving into her on this point, but you are working on a tight deadline. Yet, the taste and feel of her is refreshing, warming.

Nyota smirks, catching the thought. "We shall certainly have to pick up where we left off, later."

"And expand on it, my own." You add, squeezing her fingers lightly.

"Not to sacrifice efficiency of course, but the more swiftly we work, the more quickly we can get to the good part-" She purrs.

"An excellent suggestion." You agree readily.

As bondmates, the facets of becoming enthralled by her and - distracted by her - these have only deepened with time.

She comments on this in silent reply to your own train of thought, as you snuggle closely under a patterned quilt and watch the stars.

And yet, instead of losing the keen sense of appreciativeness for it, neither one of you have, or ever could.

"This is why when we're apart," You observe, holding her even nearer, "Something ... indispensable and bright is lacking."

"And that is why when we reunite afterwards," She grins, "It is so wonderful!"

You share breathless, ever-deepening, adoring kisses until you notice the pinks and pearls of the dawning sky.

+++++

SQUEEEEEE!

Like, wein!!!

D'awwoon!

[face_love]

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    SQUEEEEE indeed :D @};-[:D]

This was a fresh balm after a long day battling evil clones ;).

18. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Beautiful emotions that they convey to each other ever so effortlessly. Their love bond is never, ever severed, light years could be between it, yet they are still as close to each other as if they were always joined and always will be. This is the truest of emotions and they envelope it as simply as the lovers they are to each other.

Great post! [:D]

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! :* !!! How much of that lovely nummy review can be squeezed into my siggy? Yikes for character limits [face_laugh]

Hazel - your way of battling clones is much more gratifying than the DE original. :p

[:D] !!

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was the epitome of lovely. [face_love] =D=

Soft and sweet, and so beautifully expressed in every way. I adored reading about his fascination, and seeing their bond grow and deepen is as much a treat to us as it is to them.

*goey sigh*

This sets the bar for mushy stories high, I'll have you know. In the best possible way. [face_love]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    squeee to wake up with this=D=[:D][face_dancing]

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Once again, i love the second person! I think it adds a new depth :D

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: Dream-focus inspired by Hazel's L/M yummy latest viggie. :D

Ah! The perks of having so many superlicious muses. [:D]

~~~

Destined & Dreams-Sweet and Otherwise

You had asked him once: "Do my dreams ever disrupt your rest?"

You could feel him even in your dreams, sometimes as a participant, a spectator, or merely a warm presence. Never an intrusion, but always providing a sense of safety, of home-ness, if that was even an actual word... but it conveyed the feeling accurately.

"No, Nyota." Your love had answered, squeezing you firmly against him. "Your dreams ... they are as you are in waking - vibrant, mischievous, tranquil by turns."

You beamed. "The things you say, my love."

And when your dreams are less than tranquil, he is there to soothe them back to peacefulness again with the most loving, softest of mental touches.

This solicitousness only serves to deepen your sense of blessedness, and your love grows as a result.

"This bond of ours," You remarked elatedly, "sure has its upsides."

"For both of us."

"Although," You said, adoringly. "Anyone else but you would be as dull as old dishwater in every conceivable way."

You shared a heated, lingering kiss, or several. "Indeed?" The tone was teasing. "In every possible way? And how do you plan to prove this theory, my love?"

You laughed and held his gaze. "I don't have to prove it by any means but just being with you. By becoming friends with you in the first place. You are my destiny, as poetic as that seems."

Destiny -- not based upon a fixed, inexorable, or even capricious source, but upon two minds, hearts, and souls that could not be complete, could not know genuine love without the other.

With this perception, he could not quibble, and the fact that he agreed with your choice of descriptor made you melt with happiness.

++++++

Woohoo! Isn't that line about destiny lovely? LOL

SQUEE!

[face_love]

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Destiny -- not based upon a fixed, inexorable, or even capricious source, but upon two minds, hearts, and souls that could not be complete, could not know genuine love without the other.

Perfect description in a perfect update[face_dancing]

25. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Definitely agree with you and earlybird. That definition of destiny fits Nyota and Spock as seamlessly as their love for each other. They are not complete without each other and are whole when together. [:D]