main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Jade's You-Box Moments. New Post: after move!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    You could feel him even in your dreams, sometimes as a participant, a spectator, or merely a warm presence. Never an intrusion, but always providing a sense of safety, of home-ness, if that was even an actual word... but it conveyed the feeling accurately.

THIS. =D=[face_love] :D

Another wonderful little snippet - you really had me intrigued with the dream sharing, and that is definitely a thought I wouldn't mind seeing expanded. :D

[:D]

~MJ @};-

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :D

Lovely and wonderful!

I can't tell you how happy I am for inspiring such a beautiful piece. @};-

I am completely gooified!!!

[:D]:*[:D]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful comments, all. :)

!!

~~

Prompts used - doom, terror, peril.

~~~~~

Jim was not a doom and gloom type. He wasn't impervious to the terror of the unexpected tragic loss of those dear to him. But he never wanted to think of the possibility of anything he did bringing them into direct peril.

He wanted to keep them out of it...not plunge them into it!

When Audrey and her Security team were stranded with a Science detail, and all communications were not returned, it turned out that the peaceful scientific focus had been a ruse... it was Nyota's resourcefulness that got them through the jamming and Jim's quick wits that extracted the hostages.

He logged it in the Lieutenant's and Commander's files that they were "cool under fire" and their "levels of competence never ceased to amaze".

Audrey grinned at the commendation, not just because it pleased her professionally, but personally as well. She had a very private and sweet thank-you in store.

Nyota felt a rush of pride, not just because she'd done an exemplary thing, but that she'd gotten friends and colleagues out of a tight situation.

She also felt the approbation and affection this aroused in Spock, whose dark eyes caressed her slowly, as he played upon the lyre softly.

She sighed and closed her eyes in appreciation of the lovely melody.

He laid the instrument aside finally and they moved to embrace tightly.

This Nyota thought happily, is the best way to ... unwind at the end of the day.

++++

!!

4. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Awww... I love seeing professional recommedations for my ladies. I also can see both Audrey and Nyota keeping their cool under pressure. (Well Nyota, Audrey could be a little different). A very private thank you indeed!

Great job Deb! I always look forward to these!

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

I can totally see this situation arising and everyone's reactions were dead-on.

The aftermath [face_love] :* [face_love]

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Great reactions under pressure from our girls. [face_love] How is it that even your tense and action oriented moments still leave us all with such smiles on our face? [face_love]

And after was quite . . . splendid as well. [face_mischief] [face_love]

~MJ @};-

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Girl power=D= I love it Uhura and Audrey save the day.=D=

8. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Just a really beautiful aspect to these women and their interactions with those that they love. [:D]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the great feedback; :D with such talented marvels as Audrey and Nyota, I'd figure commendations of both a private and professional nature would be -- par for the excellent course. :* !!!
    A/N: This delightful piece was inspired by a review in another thread. [:D]

!!!!

The Paternal Bond

To Sarek, the taste of Amanda in the bond had been like vibrant crisp autumn leaves and the bursting blossoms of new spring.

Their son -- was interesting. he had her riotous mix of prismatic radiance of emotions, while holding also a stunning intellect and mental control seldom rivaled among those with pure blood.

When Nyota came into the mix, he could feel her "second-hand", as it were... muted by the paternal connection, but still there.

Her texture was reminiscent of Amanda in that it was soft like a blanket, cool as a breeze.

But her laughter and her affection, these were all her. Sarek had never known anyone could be as she was, and how superlatively suited she and Spock were to and for one another.

++++

Melty, melt!

[face_love]
    !!

10. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Beautiful comparisons of Sarek to Amanda and Nyota to Spock. They each had the best of both worlds and their respective children now embellish their unique qualities as well. [:D]

11. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Aw, very sweet! [face_love]

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    In a few words describing the essence of the relations[face_dancing] perfect=D=

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Wonderful threads of love that spread out and make this family so much stronger.

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh so very poetical, and perfectly said! [face_love]

The idea of 'second hand' feelings through a bond fascinates me on every level, and the 'feelings' of such a mental connection were beautifully explained here. Then again . . . you know how much of a sucker I am for ficlets on this vein. :p

Wonderfully, wonderfully done, as always. =D=

~MJ @};-

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the superb comments. Mira, I'm so chuffed you thought it was lyrical/poetical. [face_dancing] @};-

A/N: This uses Week #12 prompts of deficient and perfect and abundant.

~~~~~

A Slow Dance in the Rain J/A

We took a gondola ride in Venice as the sun was setting. We had barely crossed over to where our pensione was when it started to rain. "Oh!" I exclaimed. "I love dancing in the rain!"

Jim gave me a speculative look, then always up for a lark, started waltzing with me.

I loved this playful spontaneous side of him, very much. He certainly wasn't deficient in that area. When I first met him, I admit I thought he didn't know when to be serious.

Rather like Wes Janson in a fancy uniform [face_laugh]

Then I realized he was perfect in command. He knew how to lead and inspire loyalty, how to fly by the seat as well as go by the book. ;)

And never in all our days together, could I ever ever claim to be bored! [face_laugh]

He is a passionate, tender loving soul. I have counted it a privilege to receive his confidings as well as repartee.

Our days and nights together are abundant with love, laughter, and romance.

++++

SQUEEE!

Like duh!

[face_love]

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Romance is in the air. [face_love] [face_love]

@};-

17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    The start of a beautiful relationship that they both will treasure as they continue their journey. [:D]

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Rather like Wes Janson in a fancy uniform

Love those references and romance[face_love]yes

19. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I always loved dancing in the rain! And I can see these two doing it too!

Jim is perfect in command. Even with his loved ones are in trouble.

That was perfect setting! I love how you write these two!

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, that was so sweet!!

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: This ties into Mira_Jade's wonderful latest ficlet. The events behind it will become clear as this entry continues. Alternating first persons.

How Would I Breathe

Spock

Nyota and I were speaking about the sometimes-unavoidable crisis point that can arise despite taking into account all the likely contingencies, when one must decide in an instant "I must remove this threat to safeguard my teammates foremost, and the mission's successful outcome, secondarily."

When I shared the unforeseen events surrounding a mission in my cadet days, I had told Nyota that when the situation arose, you will find yourself equal to its demands, and also that some facets of crises come easier than others. Her eyes on mine were softly sympathetic and thoughtful.

I told her plainly that her life and well-being meant more to me than all other things.

This touched her deeply. I could feel it in her mind as it twined with mine and see it in her glowing gaze.

What had struck me at that moment was how easy it was to share things with her. Her mind was even then very receptive to mine. I was amused by the way she described it once: "I like to wriggle my mental toes in the mind touch. It's warm and snuggly."

Nyota

When I acted instinctively and took out a goon who was threatening Spock, I had dead accurate aim, and not even a second's hesitation. His safety mattered above all else to me. How would I breathe without him, as the song lyric goes?

I saw the Captain's glance of admiration and felt Spock's gratitude and love envelop me.

It flowed all around me all that evening, even more so than usual.
    I held onto him extra tightly, as well, as we lay snuggled together. I found my mind was still racing and couldn't slow down, at least not enough to allow peaceful sleep.

There was no guilt, just regret. And yet, other scenarios played out in my mind--what if I'd been a second slower, or my aim not as keen, or worse yet, what if the sniper had been quicker on the phaser stud?

Spock reached a hand to stroke the hair away from my eyes, lingering across my high cheekbones.

"Nyota," He murmured softly.

I sighed. "I cannot..."

His touch lingered and expanded, soothing away the hectic spin of my thoughts, until a soft calm pervaded.

When he lessened the contact, the tranquility remained.

"Thanks." I whispered gratefully.

I slept then, and my dreams were restful and happy.

When we awoke the next morning, our eyes held tenderly, mine filled with love and a renewed sense of all he is to me.

He crushed me breathless as we shared a "good morning" kiss. And my breath caught at what I sensed clearly over our bond: all that I am to him.

It was a humbling, wonderful experience.

"I love you," I breathed. "Oh, I do, I do, my Imzadi!"

"And I treasure you, Nyota love." Was the quiet avowal in reply.

I had to work very hard not to indulge myself and thus make us ... late. ;)

If, however, given the tense nature of the prior day's work, we had a lighter day than usual, we could actually ... slip away early, perhaps?

Laughing assent flowed between us.

++++
    D?awwoon! Wein. [face_love] !!

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A very natural reaction from Nyota. @};-

Slipping away earlier - great plan :D

23. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, the comfort there is nice.

24. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Such a beautiful compliment they are to each other. When one is down, the other can pick them up. Their synergy and love for each other succeeds when other things fail. [:D]

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Spock and Uhura a perfect combination supporting each other