Story [Star Trek 2009] Just Believe - Mod's Shuffle Challenge and ficlets - First post 1/28

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Master_Jaina1011, Jan 28, 2012.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    Title: Just Believe
    Author: Master_Jaina1011
    Characters: Probably mostly Jim, Audrey, Bones, and appearances by others.

Summary: For the Mod's Shuffle Challenge. Now this helped my Star Trek muse.

I Believe in You ? Vertical Horizon

Jim found Audrey sitting in the middle of the observation room, crossed legged, eyes closed. He could feel her meditating, and quietly say down next to her. He leaned back on his arms and watched as the stars glided outside, the warp field streaming by. The star had always spoken to him, and this ship meant so much to him. Yet he had never really experience what he did with Audrey.

?Your emotions are on the surface, Jim. It wouldn?t take much for Kodos to grab that and turn it against you.? He turned to her, her brown eyes serious. ?We have a bond and it is possible Kodos could pick up that.?

?He could use it against either of us,? he sighed, tearing his eyes away from hers. ?What do we do about that??

?I can teach you how to shield your emotions. It might be difficult,? she pointed at herself, ?But if I can do it, so can you.?

Jim nodded and sat up. ?Close your eyes and listen to my voice.?

Closing his eyes, he was met with the images of his childhood, of that night in the bar. Of Pike challenging him, and of him looking up at the Enterprise in awe. Soon he was reliving the past year, the exhilaration of being a Captain, of the anger that Spock wouldn?t do anything, of that moment where he was finally proud of who he was. Then he saw Bones, and Sulu and Chekov, saw Nyota and Spock kissing on the transporter pad.

Jim knew he wore his emotions on his sleeve yet he had one of the best poker faces Starfleet has ever seen. ?I sense many things,? she whispered, her voice low and husky. He heard her voice and was transported to the first time he saw her. Covered in blood and bruised, yet still so beautiful. He watched her fight, he felt her bring him out of his nightmare. His worry over their plan, everything came to the surface.

He could feel her inside his mind, digging deeper and deeper, yet something was different. ?Now, Jim, I need you to clear your mind.?

?Can?t,? he whispered, those deeper emotions of abandonment, of not feeling worthy of being loved and everything else he felt rise to the surface.

?Yes, you can,? she whispered back, her hand on his face wiping that lone tear that escaped. ?These feelings, they define you. Your past defines you.?

Jim knew these feelings were real and he buried them deep inside. Audrey was bringing them to the surface, making him face them. He felt her mental caress, and he dug deeper. Yes his past defined him. Yes he felt like he wasn?t worthy of this position sometimes. But he accomplished something no one could.

Taking that feeling of pride, he shoved the notion he wasn?t worthy into the back of mind. He built up a wall around it, and grasped the abandonment and shoved it away. Not once in the past year did Bones or his crew abandon. Nor would they, ever.

He could feel her smile. ?That?s it,? she said, encouraging him. Every negative feeling he had, he replaced with the positive. Soon enough, he opened his eyes and Audrey was sitting there amazed.

?What??

?I, just?? she trailed off, and got up. ?You did well. Keep practicing that method and Kodos won?t be able to use those emotions against you.?

Jim just sat there, when he reached out and grabbed her hand. ?Do you always run away??

Her brown eyes met his blue ones. ?Only when it?s needed.?

?It?s not needed now, Audrey. You?re something else. You drive me insane, yet you seem to accept me,? she started to move away, when he tugged harder. ?No, you saw everything. And I mean everything. Now it?s your turn.?

For a moment, the two of them stood still, emotions and thoughts passing through them. ?Let me in, Audrey. You believed in me, now let me believe in you.?

?I can?t??

Jim stood and lightly grasped her shoulders. He wiped away her tears, and stared at her. ?Yes, you can. We both have something amazing standing right here, yet we are so afraid to
  2. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Aww, these are so sweet! The end, with Winona, was a little heartbreaking, but I loved the Bones scene :D Great job!!
  3. DreamingIce Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    That was lovely!

That last one would have to be my favourite, Winona's heartbreak and regret was so real. And I liked Pike popping in there at the end.
    Although, the one with a tipsy Bones was another fave! Audrey's closing line cinched that section. :)
  4. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    These were EXCELLENT! :D =D=

The first two were just lovely, and I liked the way they ran into each other. The support and encouragement in both was warming to read. [face_love]

And then:

Jim shook his head, smiling. ?Plus if you confess tonight, I win the betting pool.?

For a moment I was proud of his emotional maturity. For a moment. o_O :p

And then you know that Kirk's POV on Spock/Nyota put a smile on my face. 'Anchor' and so much more! [face_love]

And then the Winona one was perfect. Heartbreaking and bittersweet with just the right amount of hope in the end. Throwing Pike in for good measure was perfect. [face_love]

Excellent job with these. =D=

~MJ @};-
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl