main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Kashore: Memoir of Love & Laughter. New Post: 11/10/2011!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Oct 30, 2011.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Kashore: Memoir of Love & Laughter

Author: Jade eyes

Genre: Humor, romance, introspection

Character(s) Kashore and her family.

Disclaimer: Borrowing with affection. Kashore is an OC jointly conceived with Mira_Jade whom I have fallen in love with.

~~~

On First Dates:

Dajan ran into me literally in the market. Spilled berries and other produce everywhere.

Lands, but he was gorgeous, still is, but at the moment, I was so flubbergasted and golly-geeing =P~ over his hotness that I didn't mind or even notice the mess. [face_laugh]

He apologized and asked me out to dinner.

I thought he was just being polite but hey, I accepted.

We hit it off famously.

He made me laugh the whole time.

We exchanged comm-codes and then ... nothing for a week.

Hmmmm. I thought ... he is interested in the ladies, isn't he? :p

I was just about to break down and call him when he commed me. Finally!

He confessed to me later that he'd been wibbly-wobbly about the whole thing: "She couldn't possibly be interested in me" he'd think one minute and then: "You'll never know until you ask!" He'd tell himself the next.

"I was beginning to think I had another personality swimming around in my head and people would start to wonder why I was talking to myself." He joked.

I laughed.

"Not really. But the internal monologue was making me dizzy!"

I laughed. "Aren't you glad you broke down?"

"It was that, or really go nuts! I'm still surprised you agreed."

"I'm no fool." I winked.

This reminded me of my sister, Nyota's, own experiences with her first date.

He asked her to dinner and to dance at a jazz club. Very matter-of-factly, just like they weren't in a romantic relationship.

I teased her with a playful nudge: "Didn't that give you qualms, Ny, that he would be as romantic as the fuzz under the couch cushions?"

She laughed. "No ... I had a feeling there was fire there ... that I desperately wanted to ignite." There was a glow in her eyes.

"Ah! And did you ever!" I said with a happy bounce.

She purred happily in assent.

"And Graeme, how did your sweetie compare to Graeme?" I teased, since I knew the answer.

"Graeme was like going out with a friend or your cousin's friend." Nyota answered with a shrug. "He never gave me happy chills and butterflies all at the same time."

I gave my sister a squeeze. "You're getting them now just thinking about it, aren't you."

She blushed. "Kashore, I have it so bad!"

I beamed. I was ecstatic for her.

She and I had a lot in common; one of those things was knowing perfection-for-us when it strolled into our lives and we were not going to let it get away!!!

++++++

TBC? [face_batting]

Foot, that was fun!

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was so deliciously fun and sweet, Jade!

I hope you do continue.

Hugs!!!

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, this was just fun and sweet - very butterfly inducing. :D

I have loved the personality and story you have developed for Kashore! She has truly blossomed as a character. [face_love]

[:D]

~MJ@};-

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! I enjoyed that!

~~**

Run Away

The only time I almost felt like running away was after we were newly married. Dajan was offered a plush job offworld and I wanted to stay groundside.

We had quite the heated row about it, let me say! I felt like he was "backing out" of something we'd agreed about earlier.

We compromised eventually on occasional offworld mini-stints for him, but our family would be "settled" ... much better for when we eventually had kids, because we both wanted them.

What we discovered from this incident was that nothing was more important than our relationship - we had to think in terms of us and we, not I and me, me, me.

It is a lesson that has stood us in good stead through the years.

+++++~~~~~

My Heart Still Skips A Beat

We each have our separate hobbies, he with his sports, and I with my gardening. I and he both love reading and hiking, something one of us learned to love after we got together, and music. We love music, and he plays the saxophone, at my urging. Now, of an evening, he plays softly and I just melt as the sweet melodies flow around me.

When either of us needs a break from all the craziness of the work-day, even from one another, which doesn't happen often, we communicate this with a gentle request or by going off into our private little sanctums, until we're ready to come back together.

When we do, we're refreshed and eager to be with one another again.

Mom and Poppa assure me this is "normal".

I talked with my sister Nyota about this one evening. She grinned and said: "Spock and I are in each other's pockets because we work together and our bond makes us closer than your typical couple, but we still are able to be separate and to ourselves when we need or want to be. Because our bond is so tight, the other one of us senses the other's needs/wants often without being asked." She sighed. "Wehn we're apart for any reason and then get back together, though, the reunion is sweet! So, we don't seek out solitude much ... or for long periods, anyway."

"You jump him as soon as he's back within reaching distance, though, don't you?" I asked.

She laughed. "Kashore, you know me better than that!"

"Yes, that's why I already know the answer." I assented with a laugh.

She beamed. "Yes, I just cannot help myself. Not that I really try."

+++++++

LOL and SQUEE!

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    This is an important step in a couple's relationship - routing out the rough edges.

You showed it perfectly. @};-

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A two-fer in different points in time. :D

~~

Under my Skin and Bored Stiff ...

With anyone else! Early in our dating relationship, I knew anyone else would bore me to tears. I erased all the names of all the guys who'd shown even an inkling of interest in me from my 'address book' after Dajan's and my first date.

That's how sure I was of who I wanted to spend time with.

I found myself thinking of his reactions to things other people told me and couldn't wait until I could share them ... He was very easy to talk to about just any old thing, serious or silly.

He became very quickly like a best pal - a very delectable one, and soon my daydreams and night dreams as well were filled with him.

When he told me he loved me, I was thrilled!

There's nothing better than falling for someone you like and trust so much!!!

+++++++~~~~~

Guess What ...

When I told Dajan I was pregnant the first time, he was so ecstatic! His whoop of delight and his squeeze left no doubts.

Then he suddenly released me. "I'm not hurting you am I?"

I laughed. "I'm not suddenly made of glass, sweetheart! No, you're not going to coddle me," I warned.

He gave me a big, cute, baby-deer-eyed look and I grinned and kissed him.

My sweetie's gonna make a great dad! I thought.

+++++

:D

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I really love Kashore's and Dajan's relationship. They are so loving and true. [face_love]

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Run Away: An understandable problem arising in any relationship. But its the how they dealt with it that counts. :) I'm glad that they decided to stay grounded. Roots are so important.

My Heart Still Skips a Beat: Space is always important, in its place. I loved the conversation with Nyota here in the end. So sweet. And true. [face_love][face_mischief]

Under My Skin: [face_laugh] I loved her erasing the address book. You know its true then. :p

Guess What: Too cute for words! [face_love]

As always, a melting read. [face_love]=D=

~MJ @};-