main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Letting Your Heart Decide - Victorian Quote Entry. S/U, Jim cameo *author thanks*

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Letting Your Heart Decide
    Author: Jade eyes
    Fandom: Trek 2009
    Characters: Spock/Nyota & a Jim cameo.
    Genre: Romance & reflection.
    Disclaimer: Own nothing but the words & love a thousand kisses deep.
    A/N: Another Victorian Quote response -- these keep getting better with each pick!!!!!!!!

58. "Better to be without logic than without feeling."

Sheer rapture to time indefinite. :)

Summary: The decision to love and the realization of whom is necessary to one's happiness and heart-wholeness is a beautiful discovery as well as a process.

~~~~!!!!!

When Jim was in a quandary over Christine, he confided in Spock -- McCoy knew how to listen, but Jim didn't need a flippant rejoinder.

"She's definitely sending me clear signals that she's interested." Jim observed thoughtfully. "I don't want to rush, but if I go too slowly ... she might get tired of waiting, and I certainly don't want her to see any hesitance as a reluctance to be with her or a lack of caring."

Spock had listened carefully and had pointed out that if Jim simply told Christine all that he'd just said, she would let him know straightaway of her concerns and give him the assurance he needed.

If it was anything Spock had learned from Nyota, it was that a lady never liked to be kept in the dark -- they preferred sharing every time.

Jim gave Spock an envious look. "You were always sure of where you wanted to go with Nyota, weren't you?"

Spock had to concede that point. The how was the issue, never the whether.

Had it been a question of living by logic or being ruled by feelings, he'd wondered in those early days of their friendship? When had fascination turned to love?

When had a fleeting preoccupation become something pervasive?

I. It?s Not the Same Without You

Nyota was eager for an evening at the museum with friends. It was a Notable Women in History exhibit.

She had spoken about it during their work breaks. She, Sherralyn, and Miranda were going.

He asked her to tell him all about it and she promised she would. He enjoyed the rich tones of her voice as she spoke with enthusiasm and the way her eyes shone, as much as the details.

He asked her to come to a poetry reading.

She accepted, but when Miranda fell sick, she had to "take a rain check."

"You go ahead." She urged. "Perhaps Commander Weston will be able to go along."

He didn't tell her until much later -- that he felt no desire to go without her; the discussions they had after such an evening were what lent the most appeal to the evening.

He almost didn't go ... but forgoing the evening entirely would serve no practical purpose.

II. Just a Picture

When Nyota noticed the picture he had of her at his work station, she blushed and beamed.

"It is of no consequence." Spock demurred, even though he had to admit that she looked especially stunning in that particular evening gown.

She made as if to reach to clasp his hand in spontaneous affection, but withdrew at the last second, but her smile lingered the whole day through.

III. It is Irrelevant, or is It?

When Nyota spoke of Graeme Carlisle, she didn't have any special fondness in her tone, but the mere fact she spoke of him at all ... grated.

When Spock caught sight of she and Graeme talking animatedly after class, the way her laughter trilled, he couldn't quite ignore the pang he felt at it.

When he was a little brusque with her later that afternoon, Nyota gave him a curious look.

When something in her tone let him know there was nothing romantic between she and Carlisle now or ever, it eased an inexplicable ache.

IV. A Flattering Comparison

It was T'Pring who brought up the subject of dissolving their contracted bonding. She spoke of divergent career paths. Spock had to admit that he experienced no regret at her suggestion.

"There is someone." She observed, giving him an inscrutable glance.

"For you." He remarked.

She gave the barest nod in acknowledgment. "And for y

2. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    That was amazing!

I love the different aspects you did with it, and how you had Spock reflects on various places in their relationship after Jim came to him for advice. (Which was surprising in and of itself)

You are sooo awesome with mush! Ensue melting...now!

SQUEE!

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh!!! It's up!!!

[face_dancing]

This, was lovely. [face_love] I adored how you used the five different snippets to tell the story. Each glimpse just built on the previous one to make it something brilliant and vivid. (And just plain fluffy to read on top of that. [face_love])

I like how this story was framed - Jim's relationship, and asking for advice with Christine, turning Spock pensive (such a human trait, Spock! [face_laugh]) The moments - the museum being no fun without her, and then his jealousy (so cute!), to T'Pring noticing how his mind was already starting to attach itself to Nyota [face_thinking] was all a brilliant build-up to where we all knew it was going. [face_love]

Thanks for the lovely read! [face_love]

[face_dancing]

WEIN :p

[:D]

~MJ @};-

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I always love fics that are divided into sections... sections with titles! [face_love]

No wonder I'm such a big fan of prompts! [face_laugh]

ANYWAYS. This is a lovely, gorgeous look at Spock and Nyota's relationship. Love Jim's little cameo at the beginning, too - of course he would go to Spock instead of Bones! [face_laugh]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi all: Thanks for the sweet comments :* @};-

Idri -- I too adore titles. A title has to reel me in before I'll even read the book jacket LOL

I loved doing Spock's POV on this wonderful time [face_dancing]

Love him anyway.

Duh!!

[face_love]

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    OOF missed this beauty of mush. Loved the various aspects and coming together in the end with Spock and Uhura forming a unity.=D==D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.