main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Life After You (For the Valentine's Day Songfic Roulette Challenge)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Title: [Star Trek 2009] Life After You (For the Valentine's Day Songfic Roulette Challenge)
    Author: RX_Sith
    Timeframe: During Star Trek 2009 between the Car Scene and the Bar Scene and into the Future.
    Characters: James T. Kirk, Christine Chapel
    Genre: Songfic, Mush, Angst
    Summary: James T. Kirk meets someone special.
    Disclaimer: Star Trek is owned by Paramount
    Note 1: For the Valentine's Day Songfic Roulette Challenge. I picked song #18: Daughtry ? Life After You

[b]Life After You[/b]

[i]Ten miles from town and I just broke down
    Spittin' out smoke on the side of the road
    I'm out here alone just tryin' to get home
    To tell you I was wrong but you already know
    Believe me I won't stop at nothin'
    To see you so I've started runnin'[/i]

I had just driven my father's car off of the cliff as I looked at the damage below. The police sentry stopped and asked me what my name was.

"James Tiberius Kirk," I yelled at him at the top of my lungs.

He snatched me up by my collar and peered deeply into my eyes, "James Tiberius Kirk," he started, "You have been charged with reckless driving, how do you respond?"

"Respond?" I rebuked him, "I'll tell you how I respond!" I kick it in its shins, but that had no effect but on myself. "Ouch!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, "That hurt!"

Unfortunately that was not the only thing that would be hurting me today. The sentry let me go and I started to run as fast as I could. I ran and ran until I finally was lost. I saw a farm house in the distance and made my way towards the corn fields. I entered so that I could lose the sentry. I stopped somewhere in the corn field and waited until the sentry stopped looking for me.

As night started to descend over the landscape, I turned towards the farm house and walked up to it. I laughed at the thought of the poor sentry and my step-father who would surely give my a whooping if I ever returned home.

[i]All that I'm after is a life full of laughter
    As long as I'm laughing with you
    I'm thinkin' that all that still matters is love ever after
    After the life we've been through
    'Cause I know there's no life after you.[/i]

I saw a girl about my age riding her horse around the farm. She had golden hair and a beautiful smile and it made me forget about everything that had occurred to me today. I stood awestruck by her beauty as she galloped aboard the white stallion. Suddenly, she stopped and looked straight at me.

"Who are you?" She wondered.

"My name is Jim," I told her lightly as my bashfulness set in.

"What?" She asked again.

"James T. Kirk, at your service," I bowed before her.

"Is that really necessary?" She pointed out.

"Sorry, I was trying to be a gentlemen," I assured her.

"Well, bowing is indeed a gentlemanly habit," She remarked, "How about helping me down from my horse?"

"Of course," I bowed gallantly again as she and her horse walked over towards me. I helped her down from her horse.

"Thank you," She obliged. I walked with her to the stable as she put her horse in its stable. "Walk with me," She motioned as I followed her.

[i]Last time we talked, the night that I walked
    Burns like an iron in the back of my mind
    I must've been high to say you and I
    Weren't meant to be and just wasting my time
    Oh, why did I ever doubt you?
    You know I woule die here without you.[/i]

The night sky settled upon us. We talked about all kinds of things as the stars started to litter the sky.

"Do you like me?" She asked.

"Yes, I do," I remarked, "But, I'm not ready to settle down yet. I've got some oats to sow, if you know what I mean."

She immediately hit me and it left a huge red mark on my cheek.

"You ingrate," She gushed as she pushed me to the ground and ran back towards the farm house. "You really don't have a way with girls, do you?"

I spat out some blood and then got up and started to walk home. I knew that I would get a beating from my step-father. But that was better than getting grief from a girl, I told myself.

[i]All that I'm a

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh I enjoyed this so much! A wonderful J/C origins story!!!

:D

Totally destined as it appears from the last scene. :)

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, how much fun was this?? [face_love]

That was a perfect mix of angst and restless-Jim, and the hints of something more . . . and then, something more. :p

"Captain," Doctor McCoy strode onto the Bridge to introduce me to the newest crew member, "I'd like you to meet our new nurse, Christine Chapel."

Fate had struck me speechless. I did not know what to say. Finally, I got the obligatory words out of my mouth.

"Welcome to the Enterprise, Christine," I said flabbergasted as I kissed her hand that she extended to me.

Wonderful way to make this come full circle! :D

=D=

~MJ @};-

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This was awesome!! I agree with Mira--a great mix :D And the end had me cracking up :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.