main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Love Must be Stronger than Pride - one-post. Friendship.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Love Must be Stronger than Pride

Author: Jade eyes

Disclaimer: Borrowing, with affection.

Characters: Audrey & Nyota.

Summary: Nyota gives her million-creds worth of opinion after a royal set-to between two of her friends.

~~

After the Serillious incident, Audrey saw firsthand the deliterious effects of a bond that is hindered. It gave her a sharp pang because there had been a time when she'd voluntarily shut Jim away in their connection.

She winced when she recalled this -- a part of her wondered if she'd done it not to regroup and refocus -- but to punish.

When she confided this in Nyota, she said softly: "After all you went through, it seems a heartless thing for me to have done."

Nyota's eyes flashed. She valued nothing above her bond and to think that anyone who could be blessed with such a marvel could willingly curtail it!

And when Audrey confided the harsh things she'd said on that particular occasion, Nyota's sense fairly crackled with outrage.

"You can wallow in your crap, if you want." Nyota said icily. "And let it rob you of one of the best things you could ever know, or you could decide to move beyond all of that nonsense and --"

"You don't know --" Audrey started.

Nyota cut in: "I don't have to know chapter and verse about who did and didn't do what. All I know is that I don't have to stand by and like it if I think you're going to drag a dear friend of mine through the manure pile."

"Are you taking sides in this?" Audrey asked incredulously.

"It's not a matter of sides. You have to decide that your relationship is worth putting aside whatever it is you're struggling with or if you're just going to hang onto that treasure trove of baggage."

"Baggage?!"

"You need to get over yourself, Your Glory. Not that he was blameless in the incident, by a long shot. But I don't ever want to hear that you used that precious connection of yours as a bludgeon."

Audrey could tell that the motive behind the dressing-down was affection and caring, and those weren't things she hadn't been telling herself all along.

Love is a choice, and to make it work, it has to be one each partner makes a priority every day, and if it means finally growing up and out of certain patterns, then so be it.

When Audrey had had time to mull all this over, she thanked Nyota for being a true friend. Nyota had grinned and given her a hug. "I'm just glad I don't have to put up with any moping fools."

"Who, me?"

Nyota laughed. "Nope, not just you; if you'd thrown him over, he'd be no good for anyone or anything, let me tell you!"

++++++

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That's friends for you! :D

[:D]

3. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Awwww... tough love. I am really glad you did this, because the way I'm making them make up is going to be awesome! Plus you gave me something else for my diary!

I love this. I really do. You pointed out everything here, but from an outsider's point of view.

Thank you thank you thank you. I also love the closing off of bonds, and how Nyota reacts. Trust me this will come up and I really love her tough love.

Could you do a scene with her and Jim too?

:p

Really awesome job! I love love love it!

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, that was really sweet!! I'm glad Nyota tough-love approach worked :)

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was brilliant! :D I loved Nyota's approach to this - a friend's pointed words always seems to strike harder than most. And Nyota was right. :)

Now, I believe that there was something mentioned about Nyota having much the same talk with Kirk? [face_batting] I am liking this kick-butt Nyota from you. [face_love]

Fave line:

Love is a choice, and to make it work, it has to be one each partner makes a priority every day, and if it means finally growing up and out of certain patterns, then so be it.

THAT is the whole point of this and everything. [face_love]

Wonderfully done. =D=

[:D]

~MJ @};-

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Wonderful viggie and love is the core

Yes[face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.