Story [Star Trek 2009] Love's Unfading Splendor (Vigs) ~Thanks for Noms!~ 08-15-11!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Nyota's Heart, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6

hahaha! Rather on the same scale as calling Kyp Kypie-poo :eek:

~~~~~~~~

This one begged, just begged to be written [face_mischief] [face_love]

Indulgence In Curiosity

During a family dinner, I accidentally let slip something I had done out of sheer curiosity.

Kashore had been telling us how she'd seen one of Dajan's former lady friends -- one that he'd dated a time or two before they'd met. Kashore gleefully recounted how "she'd gone to seed".

Dajan rejoined that Kashore was as lovely as the day they'd met, if not more so, and she blushed happily.

I exclaimed: "Oh if you want to talk about exes! Spock's takes the prize! She'd freeze you with just one look --" Makes a day on Hoth feel like a tropical vacation, I thought.

Kashore winked. "And how do you know that?"

I blushed. "I saw her name linked with his on a 'net page - important profiles, etc. So I clicked on her name to get a view of her pic." My hands balled reflexively in annoyance at the memory. She was not right for him. She would have stifled the beauty of his inner, unique essence.

During this recitation, my love's sense through our connection was decidedly amazed and amused. I had never made a secret of my opinions, but he hadn't realized I'd satisfied my curiosity in such a way; it was only a mere few days after that that I had discovered their relationship had been dissolved, much to my intense relief!

"Ah!" Dajan remarked with a low chuckle. "I bet you are glad you got clear of that one!"

Spock's eyes held mine warmly, and his hand squeezed mine. "As I grew closer to Nyota, any other choice would have been insupportable."

Kashore beamed, and I melted.

Later, as he and I strolled hand-in-hand under the canopy of stars, I still felt a lingering flush of embarrassment. Not that I had acted to satisfy my curiosity, but now he knew the scope of my aversion in all its depth from its inception. He picked up this train of thought and pulled us to a halt.

"Nyota --" He began, something low and loving in his tone.

A light breeze caught my hair and made it ripple around us. He drew me close, while running one hand through the silken cascade.

"My darling, sweet love -- I am so unabashedly crazy about you that even then, the very idea ... and she really didn't appreciate or deserve you."

"And you believe you do." Spock answered tenderly, mischief flowing from him to me through our connection.

"Yes! Or rather, that I'm better for you than she could or would ever be!" I exclaimed.

His kisses expressed complete, heartfelt agreement.

After a very long, sweet interval, I sighed softly, nestling more snugly into his warmth.

"I cherish you, my own." He murmured quietly, squeezing me breathless.

We eventually made our way back in a contented, loving state of mind.

++++++++++

rofl

2. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, yes! Spock's ex's gaze would make Tatooine freeze. [face_laugh]

On the othher hand, Nyota's love could melt the ice on Hoth :D

Lucky Spock... and lucky Nyota.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
  3. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    T-Pring yes cold and freezing like Hoth:D

Nice to see how you described it and the love that is between Spock and Uhura.

You are really exploring all that's in their relationship and I like it.=D=[face_dancing][:D]
  4. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Indeed, this one was begging to be written. [face_laugh]

Fun and sentimental, in the best way. [face_love] =D=

~MJ @};-
  5. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Thanks. :D That was a delight. :)

~~~~~

The Voice of her Eyes

Nyota's gaze is full of intelligence and laughter as they speak of many things. During their first impromptu "chat" session, she blushes when she realizes how much time has elapsed, but neither he nor she feels compelled to apologize.

He wonders if he should ask her to come again, although he believes she knows it is an open invitation.

On her part, she wonders how it would appear if she came again, soon -- then decides to come anyway.

She invites him to accompany her to the museum to explain obscure art forms to her; she has always leaned more to the straightforward landscape or person-centered portrait.

They go to musical performances and poetry readings and speak animatedly of these afterwards. The scope and breadth of her avocations and intuitive insights is amazing.

During their friendship and early romance, her eyes are full of a respect, admiration, and empathy that are incredible and constant.

As they work together more intimately, her glance will catch his in a shared look of amusement or of promise.

Nyota's eyes are a reflection of her inner self: beautiful, vibrant, loving. The voice of her eyes has and will always speak to his soul like none other could or would. It is not something that needed asking or telling to happen for either one of them. Others who catch the import of their exchanged glances feel a thrill at the glimpse of depth and warmth of affection thus revealed.

+++++++

:* :D
  6. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    How lovely that even at their earliest meetings, her eyes already communicated what her heart knew to be true. [face_love]
  7. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Sweet :* and yes eyes are the mirror of the soul.
  8. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    As an author who thoroughly abuses the power of using the eyes as descriptors, let me say that I immensely enjoyed every word of this. :D [face_love]

Lovely and beautiful - and too wondrously true on every level. [face_love]=D=

[:D]

~MJ @};-
  9. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    The voice of her eyes has and will always speak to his soul like none other could or would.
    Beautiful line.

=D=
  10. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Thanks. :D I too love reading of the eyes as expressive of emotion [face_love]

~~~

Take Away All My Sadness

Early in our tour, I had to get used to not being able to see Sherralyn every day and comm her "at the drop of a hat" and not being a brief span of weeks from being able to take a TransGlobal shuttle to see my sister.
    Obviously, I knew the "theoretical" facts of long separation would translate into missing and acclimating. But the mental acceptance and emotional adjusting were vastly different. I am naturally vivacious, so I knew that I would eventually forge warm, confidential and fun friendships, but it didn't make the missing easier. I felt disheartened and out of sorts about it, particularly by the thought that I would not be able to be close at hand for so many of the everyday sweet milestones of my niece and nephew.

My dearest love noticed this state of mind, of course.

"My own, there is something weighing upon you." He remarked, stroking a hand through my tresses.

I sighed. "Yes."

His gaze was warmly inviting as he asked: "Do you wish to talk about it?"

I smiled gratefully and did so, feeling very much eased as a result. He didn?t ply me with platitudes or cliches, rather sent me warmth and support, which I soaked up thirstily.

Very soon after this conversation, he surprised me with some of my favorite dishes from home.

This level of thoughtfulness and consideration touched me deeply.

"I am so completely blessed!" I murmured happily, giving him a tight hug of thanks.

+++++++++
  11. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    It can be so so hard to be away from family and friends, I know this well.

But Spock is there and he makes it all better.

:*
  12. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    away from friends and family yes:( But there is Spock with his gentle understanding soothing her.

Nice update=D=
  13. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    I can think of no better way to adjust from being away from everyone and everything. [face_love]

Lord, but I can't seem to keep a smile off of my face at that. [face_laugh] :D

WEIN? :p [:D]

~MJ @};-
  14. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Thanks :* I loved exploring Ny's acclimation & how her sweetie helped out. [face_love]

~~

A/N: Struck by how just a few different details could have literally made it so they met later. [face_thinking]

An Interesting Set of Details

Something that had always struck Nyota even after all this time was how close she'd come to not being signed up for Xenolinguistics that particular term under a particular instructor.

Commander Vancock had been slated to handle it but had been called away on a family emergency and had had to relocate to another campus.

Nyota had been on the waiting list for the class and only her high entrance scores had put her in ahead of several others.

A few names and an unforseen occurrence were some of the divine happenstances that had brought she and her love together in the first place.

She knew it was highly irrational to engage in what-ifs. But, she'd wondered, what if they hadn't met until their tour had started? Would their friendship have been given room to blossom and then turn into the marvelous and fulfilling relationship which it had?

As she cradled Jenessa and watched Spock do the same with Grayson, her thoughts wandered down that path, appropos of realizing how blessed she was.

Spock caught her train of thought. "It is intriguing, Nyota love, the various and seeming coincidences which brought us together."

She laughed. "Ah. But you don't put any credence in coincidences ..."

"That I do not." He affirmed.

They settled the kids for the night and then moved to embrace tightly. "I am so glad I didn't have instruction from Mr. Vancock. He never would have sparked the interest which you did."

He kissed her lightly. "Yes ashaya, and I would have missed our stimulating conversations."

"Among other things, my sweetest heart." Nyota half-teased tenderly.

His eyes caressed her slowly, and his hands did likewise, much to her delight.

++++++

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

15. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    :D

Stars, but I can't stop grinning at the end of that one. :D I to am glad that she recieved . . . instruction from Spock. :p Anything else seems blasphemous at this point. [face_love]

She knew it was highly irrational to engage in what-ifs. But, she'd wondered, what if they hadn't met until their tour had started? Would their friendship have been given room to blossom and then turn into the marvelous and fulfilling relationship which it had?

Amen to that!

What was TOS thinking? :oops:

[face_laugh]

~MJ @};-
  16. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Yes What If's. They could have gotten us the old TOS with Uhura as a minor character

This is better and you wrote this lovely[:D]
  17. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    This is what we call a series of fortunate events. :p :D

Thank you JJ Abrams for the reboot and Jade_eyes for filling in the blanks.

:*
  18. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Amen and amen and amen! And Halleleujah to boot! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Yes, I'm happy about the fortunate, divine events, NK. [face_love]

Yup, "instruction" or anything else from anyone else would have been blasphemous and not as -- toe-curling. :D :D =P~ into bucket!

19. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    A/N: This one -- evaporated me. [face_dreamy sigh]

~~~~~~

Great Way to Make Nice Again

"Well!" Yolette smirked and greeted me over a quick breakfast of cream-custard pastries and coffees with extra hazelnut. "You look rather like the Cheshire cat who's just gotten into a vat of cream."

Audrey laughed. "Indeed, you do."

I blushed happily. "Yolette, did you hear about the briefing yesterday morning?"

"Following that whole incident where Mr. Trent didn't follow your instructions to the letter, but actually wandered off, following his own hunch?" Yolette queried. "Yes, Hikaru told me about it."

"Well, I had in mind a mode of discipline which I felt would be most effective. It teaches the lesson without creating unnecessary resentment and at the same time provides a lesson for others not to overstep. I don't want to stifle initiative, as I pointed out, but I also will not tolerate someone who could jeopardize our objectives by going off on a tangent. I believed my solution met both goals adequately.?

"The Captain was fine with Nyota?s decision," Audrey put in. "But Spock took issue with it."

I grimaced. "He felt I was being too -- lenient. He didn't question or contradict me overtly during the meeting -- merely pointed out another option. But after we adjourned, he pulled me aside and got on his high horse, as the saying goes."

Yolette laughed. "In his own inimitable way."

"I told Spock that when Mr. Trent was under his command on an away team and "acted up", he could handle it any way he deemed advisable, but at the same time to please give me the consideration of being able to do likewise. I felt he was somehow inferring that my command judgment was lacking; yet when he told me that was not his intent, I wasn?t ready to hear it at the time.? I frowned ruefully.

"The tension was thick enough to cut with a vibro-knife." Audrey remarked with her eyes sparkling. ?Your bond is usually like a bright warm river to me, golden, soft, and gently flowing, but yesterday, it crackled.?

I sighed. ?I?ll bet it did. I don?t mind telling you I was no good to anybody, either.? I had been stuck on a single page of a file for who knew how many minutes.

As a consequence of all the tension, our bond was tight and prickly. Each of us had studiously avoided the other?s gaze and put up our shields. They hadn?t been impenetrable, but any shields at all between we two was something rare and discomfiting to us both.

"I did notice," Audrey continued, "That Spock only went through three reports in that interval."

Yolette winked. "Mercy!"

My eyes grew soft. "Then he sent me a message. I left the bridge -- I had begun to feel the start of a head ache, which the message had helped soothe away. And the rest of our off-time went splendidly. So yes, my friends, I feel like the Cheshire cat in a vat of cream!"

The note had said: "Nyota, your points are well taken. I merely hope that Mr. Trent will prove worthy of the trust you place in him. Your handling of the mission was exemplary."

I had turned on some lively and sultry dance music to "work off stress"; it also didn't hurt that I was wearing a tailor-fashioned outfit of translucent scarf-like layers, which you could take off a piece at a time, as a sweet thank-you to my dearest darling. They clung and flowed in all the perfect places.

When Spock entered not a scant couple minutes later, he found me doing elaborate spins and twirls.

His eyes drank me in with intense enthusiasm.

I continued to dance and to remove the scarves.

When the last one was removed, I stood there in a skin-colored leotard, eyes smoky with emotion. "You can be deuced exasperating at times, you know?" I asked, keeping a respectable distance.

Spock gazed at me with feasting eyes, not closing the gap. "I have been told so before, yes." He admitted.

I laughed. Suddenly, I ran and tackle-hugged him, pulling him down onto the nearest floor pillow. His hands divested me of the leotard in quick order.

"Nyota," He breathed,
  20. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh my goodness!

Very evocative and provocative imaging.

Spock just might have forgotten all about logic at the sight of his loved one dressed like that and dancing.

Very steamy!

[face_love]

21. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    That. Was. PERFECT!!! [face_dancing] [face_love] :cool:

I adored how you set up the argument, and the settling of it. :D In any relationship there are bound to be bumps, its just how you deal with it that counts. And it was certainlly . . . dealt with, here. [face_mischief]

Having Audrey and the girls hear the story hit the tone of the first one nicely, and of course, afterwards. [face_mischief] =P~

Well, who needs to be on time anyway. [face_laugh] [face_love] :p

Great, now I have a follow-up to write to your follow-up. :oops:[face_laugh]

[:D]!!!!

~MJ @};-

22. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    droolicious =P~

delicious:*

hot[face_dancing]

What a way to get together[face_dancing]

Perfect
  23. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Thanks! :D I adored every syllable of that one. :)

A/N: A fun 2-fer. ;)

~~~~~

A Very Interesting Conversation

I told Miranda in a brief comm call about the dancing outfit I'd had especially made. It was translucent and flowy and clingy all at once.

"It's based on the costume Mara Jade wore. It's quite magnificent, let me tell you." I felt a happy shiver run through me at the sweet memory of how delightfully it had been received by my dear one, and how wonderfully he had expressed that to me in consequence.

"Ah!" Miranda purred. "Nyota, girl. Gave your sweetie quite the thrill."

"Indeed." I grinned and answered her with a low chuckle: "Let's just say, that was not a lightsaber in his pocket."

Miranda broke out in a gale of laughter. "You!! -- Gaila was a corrupting influence, wasn't she, after all."

I laughed. "I needed no outside urgings to come up with the idea. My ashal-veh is - inspiring enough, all by his delicious self."

+++++

~~~

The Textures of the Bond

When she is upset for any reason, the bond is prickly and tight. When she is anxious, it tingles with her apprehension. You endeavor to soothe her ruffled emotions, for both of your sakes.

When things are tranquil, as they most frequently are, it is like a sweet flowing river, sunlit and refreshing.

Admiration, adoration, and laughter flow between you two easily, and as your minds blend and merge, it is a source of deepest contentment to you both.

+++++

[face_love] [face_love]

24. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    A Very Interesting Conversation

Yes, I can clearly see the scene as Nyota presented it. That outfit was a success. ;)

"Let's just say, that was not a lightsaber in his pocket."

[face_blush] [face_laugh] Perfect conclusion!

The Textures of the Bond

Lovely, simply lovely. [face_love]
  25. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Let's just say, that was not a lightsaber in his pocket

That's it[face_laugh];) Perfect line

And the little ficlet about texture::* Another way to describe a bond and the relations in a very refreshing and perfect way=D==D==D=
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.