main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Love's Unfading Splendor (Vigs) ~Thanks for Noms!~ 08-15-11!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I've missed these, Deb, and I'm going to get back into them! :D I always need a little mush now and then, and you're the right lady to come to for it. ;)

Nyota's last comment was hysterical. It's so true! I've never grown out of hugs and cuddles! [face_love]

Spock - the splendid opportunity line made me giggle. Oh. So. Much. Haha!!! [face_laugh]

Yes, "evaporates" indeed. @};-

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all, and hi Idri!!!! Huggles!!!!

A/N: Inspired by a sweet tidbit in Awakened.

~~~~

A Self-Indulgent Bit of Sappyness

-- for which you are totally unabashed.

You read of it once in a novel about two of your most favorite characters, and after that, you were inspired.

When your shifts diverge, you take to writing "I Love You" with hearts and leaving them on his pillow.

When he is called away suddenly on a transglobal jaunt to help out in a technical matter, he does this, and adds as a post script:

"This is a highly sentimental gesture, my ashaya, but one I know you will appreciate."

Oh, yes, by all that is holy you appreciate it all right.

When he returns, you treat him to a spectacular spread, complete with candles, dressed in shimmering, translucent lace.

Your bond-mate can barely keep his eyes off you, and across your bond, you can tell he cannot wait to get his hands and lips on you as well.

You grin and needless to say, dinner is rather -- rushed.

As you lie nestled up tightly together, your mutual, reciprocal caresses are sweet, indeed!

The following morning, you awaken and sigh in happy memory of all that transpired so recently.

You lean over, kiss his eyes open and whisper: "Care for a repeat performance, my love?"

"Anything to oblige." He replies tenderly, holding your gaze adoringly.

You laugh. You cannot tell me you're just doing me a favor! You think mischievously.

He catches the thought, and does not deny its veracity.

++++++

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!

[face_love]

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    writing "I Love You" with hearts and leaving them on his pillow. [face_love]:* How sweet of her and his responses:* Lovely.

Sweet and adorable update[face_dancing]

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very loud SQUEEEE!!!!

You just made me melt, Jade.

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, that was too sweet for words. [face_love]

~MJ @};-

6. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    All of these are just made of utter goo.

or is that me?

Anyways, you write these two so beautifully.

These always brighten my day!

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all :* and Shannon - the author was also a sloppy puddle [face_dancing]

And I am again after writing this nummy - wein. [face_love] [face_love]

~~~~~~~~

What She is --

Nyota Uhura is beautiful - astonishingly, undeniably beautiful.

She indeed walks in beauty like the night.

Her exotically shaped, large, liquidly dark eyes --

Her shimmering, silken hair, although neat and attractive, always looks like it would be better suited rippling and cascading across her shoulders and down her back --

Those long, shapely legs of hers in well-fitted boots --

Her brightly printed skirts, which hug her full hips and slim waist --

Not to mention the blouses, which outline her ... Best not to go there.

Then her voice, a clear, soft melodic alto.

These are the first impressions.

Next you are struck by the depth and acuity of her insights and brilliance and the broad scope of her many interests.

Her warm smile as she draws you into her lively conversation and the orbit of her closest friends ... For, it is not long before you realize she chooses her friends carefully and bestows upon those fortunate few a depth of loyalty and affection seldom experienced.

You feel honored to be among them.

Later, you had teased her and said that a kiss in the rain is a blatantly fanciful gesture.

But the taste and feel of her is intoxicating and you wonder how you could have deferred such a -- yes, pleasure, before that moment.

She had teased back: "For one whose people ostensibly don't go in for kisses as a way to express affection, you are a very quick study."

"You make it easy, love." You had conceded.

Now, you watch her as she builds a large tower of connecting blocks into some sort of mysterious edifice with your children. She is wearing a tank, and her hair is spilling across her shoulders in waves, and it is the lovely thing you knew it would be, all that time ago.

She is laughing softly, and her beautiful eyes are sparkling.

"Khio'ri wants to hear Winnie the Pooh, my dearest heart." She remarks softly, winking. "Will you oblige her?"

You quirk both brows at her. "Since you ask, ashaya." You reply with feigned long-suffering.

She laughs outright at that and moves to stand beside you, as Khio'ri and Jenessa continue to make the - whatever it is - even more indecipherable.

The nearness of her is too much -- you reach to pull her close.

Her fragrance wafts around you, as your kisses lengthen and deepen, and then you both share in reading a bedtime story.

Later, Nyota is nestled snugly against you, and she gazes at you with wonder-filled eyes. "You are quite the marvel, as a parent and as my love."

"As are you, love." You respond, love flowing freely between you both.

That is so, but she is also more, so much more than the spoken word can adequately express.

She catches the thought from you.

/It is fortunate you are spectacular at the nonverbal and unspoken, then, isn't it?/ She asks adoringly.

You squeeze her even nearer in reply, stroking savoring hands along her back and tickling her ribs lightly.

Her only response is a soft chuckle and sweet ever-warming kisses every which where.

++++++

Disappears as a vapor, again!!!!!

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Spock has it bad [face_laugh]

[face_love] [face_love]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Whoot Spock:*[face_love] Squeee=D=

10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    You have a talent for writing such mushy pieces. [face_love] And from a Vulcan's voice no less. :D

This was lovely - soft and cozy like a good book and a fire. [face_love]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks!! :) :D

[:D] !!!!!!!!!!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I would love to thank all who nominated this series for Best Romance and also in the best character(s) category.

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

I adore S/U so much, that it's a thrill to write them! If I ever stopped, I think I'd go bonkers [face_laugh]

Big, big, big, huggles!!!!!

Jade_eyes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.