main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Love's Unfading Splendor (Vigs) ~Thanks for Noms!~ 08-15-11!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Awww Jade that was sweet. But so true at the same time. That had to bring back memories and Spock making up for it made me swoon!

And yes, how the men let the women get away in the other universe is beyond any of us!

Oh dear, you just spawned a plot bunny!

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the amazing comments & superlative support.

@};- @};- @};-

I adore this pairing more than words & breath. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [:D]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi!!!!

This bunny was hopping yesterday. [face_dancing]

~~~

No Restraint Needed -- thankfully

My bondmate and I were in a tight arbitration/mediation session -- and we decided it was prudent to let them vent a bit before reining things in again; at least that way, perhaps some headway might be gained.

I surreptitiously sent my love a message on his datapad -- scrambled as I only knew how to do.

"I can't wait to get out of here and somewhere secluded with you, do you know that, my delicious love?"

His brow quirked ever so slightly and he responded: "Nyota, you are not keeping to the task at hand."

I stifled a laugh, for I could feel his tender amusement.

"My love, I can multi-task better than most, and you're always on my A list."

His gaze held mine warmly.

I thought of the myriad times in our early acquaintance and my burgeoning attraction -- if we passed in the hall or met somewhere public, I had to hold in my ardent admiring glances. I had to keep my hands from even daring to go where they would love to wander.

Now I need have no such restraint, I thought -- for then - before our mutual avowals, the public restraint flowed into the private domains as well, except for a most rewarding friendship and professional respect.

Now -- public decorum could be dealt with -- since later -- oh sweet skies!

I stretched my legs under the table and briefly brushed my foot up his calf in a most suggestive way.

As soon as the current round ended on a positive note, and we were in a lift tube, he stopped the car and seized me in a tight hold.

"Now what --" He murmured trailing warm kisses up to my ear, "was that all about, my ashaya?"

I slid a hand under his tunic and tickled slowly.

Then I fastened my lips on his and said: "What do you think?" in a soft purr.

I was very glad that the current recess lasted throughout the balance of the afternoon and evening, and could tell my love was as well.

When our suite doors closed behind us, we wasted no time taking advantage of the off-time.

++++++

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :D :D :D

I can so imagine how much more alluring would be to think about one's beloved than to keep one's mind on a boring convo.

I'm melting as we speak.

[face_love] :* [face_love]

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Jade, you are simply insatiable. :p [face_laugh]

And I love it. (And, apparently, someone else does too. :p [face_whistling])

This was simply fun - adorable and flirty and light and perfect to read first thing in the morning. It will certainly keep a smile on my face throughout the day. [face_love]

I thought of the myriad times in our early acquaintance and my burgeoning attraction -- if we passed in the hall or met somewhere public, I had to hold in my ardent admiring glances. I had to keep my hands from even daring to go where they would love to wander.

Oh, but it gives us soooo many fun things to write about. ;)

That passage in particular was beautifully written. =D=

[face_dancing]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    another sweet update and combining the two universes with Jaina and Liz being known to Uhura:)

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the sweet comments.

~~~

Magnetically Drawn

Ha! I retort to Gaila if and whenever she winks and accuses me of not being able to keep my mind off of Commander Spock for more than 5 minutes at a stretch.

o_O

"I can too!" I tell her.

Ten minutes, though, is pushing it!

I'm magnetically drawn to him I must admit.

I eagerly look forward to our -- well -- they started out being impromptu chat sessions; now I don't even try to come up with a reason to drop by his office and strangely enough, he doesn't press me for one.

:D

I can just hear his voice from down the hall addressing another instructor or colleague, and my heart does happy flips.

I never crushed on boys as a rule -- nor my better-looking instructors back home.

That was more Kashore's forte ;) ...

Whatever this is I'm feeling -- it doesn't feel like a crush. It seems deeper.

~~~~~~~~

A Stack of Data-Files

One day as I was hurrying past him on the slidewalk, with a large stack of files in my hand, my heel almost caught on where the moving pedwalk transitioned to a cluster of benches near a fountain where students often gathered to study.

I am not clumsy as a rule but I was trying to keep the stack steady and holding a large drink in my other hand while at the same time acknowledging greetings from fellow students.

He reached out and steadied the stack and our hands connected and lingered.

My romantic soul immediately thought of how Kyp had done the same for Eliziya and how that had been the start for them.

That caused me to blush even as I murmured a soft "Thank you".

"You are most welcome." His wonderful voice flowed over me like a soft breeze.

If he'd asked me for caf then, I would have accepted eagerly. And kissed him senselessly, toe-curlingly. [face_blush]

Oh yes, he was definitely the focus of my tender reveries -- most unequivocally!

+++++++
    [face_love]

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Magnetically Drawn

LOL

Oh yes Nyota, time thinking about your other half is time well spent. [face_love]

A Stack of Data-Files

That was not clumsiness, it was fate giving a little push. :*

Lovely ficlets, Jade!

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Magnetically Drawn: Like hematite, the moon holding the tides in thrall kinda drawn. [face_laugh] The reflection there was light and perfectly put. I could feel the wistful, I-think-I-may kinda tone that the viggie was playing with. [face_love]

A Stack of Data Files: Too classic for words. [face_love]:D I loved her thoughts on Liz/Kyp - you are so good at getting in the inner-fandom references. ;) =D=

~MJ @};-

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks!!!!! Those were fun and so was this!!!! Loved the setting and the conversation :*

~~~~~~~

In This Silence, A World of Words

I still recalled fondly when I asked my intended to meet my sister's family - finally.

It was on a lovely world where a successful mission had just concluded and a wonderful and unexpected shore leave had been granted.

Spock found me standing at a waterfall with the majestic rush making the ground rumble under our feet. The over-arching rainbow caught the dazzling sunlight in myriad prisms.

The water had caught on my lashes and lips, and for a long moment he watched me in silence. I knew of his appreciative regard, could feel his nearness in my veins and the admiration tingling at our bond.

He came up to me then and placed a hand on my shoulder. I turned to him with a welcoming smile.

/So absolutely beautiful./ Spock sent to me as he kissed me thoroughly. He even went so far as to lick away some of the excess water from my lips.

I gasped in surprised delight. "Hello to you too, my heart!" I exclaimed, clasping him to me tightly.

"Nyota." He answered, his voice full of soft caresses, as it always was when he spoke my name.

I sighed happily. "I'm really looking forward to visiting Kashore's family in two months' time." I remarked as we reclined on the verdant grass, my head pillowed on his shoulder and his arms wrapped around me firmly.

"Ah." Was his only comment.

"I would love it if you could join me then; it's high time you met them." I sensed his brief hesitation. "I've regaled them about you often enough, Lord knows! Even when I was officially just your assistant, I couldn't keep quiet about you." I chuckled. "And that time over spring holiday, when you actually commed me ..."

His eyes locked with mine. "I never apologized for that particular intrusion, nor even asked whether --"

"What?!" My shocked question was echoed in the emotion flowing clearly through our bond. "I was elated to hear from you!!! Until your call, I was like a cat on a hot tin roof. The sweet sound of you set me to rights." I grinned in memory. "Dajan thought it was just me being happy to be back with them, but I do believe Kashore had a clue it was you ... she is a lady in love, so she can read the telltale signs ... I must've been letting exuberance and affection out all through my verbal and nonverbal cues." She winked.

His embrace tightened. "There were so many things I wanted to share with you. But somehow, I knew words were not needed." I caught his thought: They seldom are with a lady of such deep, unfailing empathy.

My eyes were tender. "They so often aren't, with us; even then, however, I could tell when you were -- preoccupied about your family undercurrents." My own grasp tightened, and I moved even closer. "I am very glad those issues have been resolved. You know, Yolette has a strained relationship with her folks. She was a late comer and a surprise birth - even in this time those apparently can happen." I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, she always felt like an afterthought. Luckily, she had other extended family and friends whose love nurtured her into the wonderful person she is now. She's shared this with me over the course of our friendship -- and it just makes me so thankful for my own warm family, which is another reason it's past time." I laughed and teased: "No, I didn't forget the original topic!"

"I didn't think you had, my love." Was the affectionate response.

I favored him with a mock scowl.

Spock tickled my sides, and I clung fast to him even as my laughter rippled.

"Yes." He said at last.

"Yes, what?" I asked, finally catching my breath.

"I will meet your sis--"

I smothered him with happy and grateful kisses.

When we finally came up for air, we were cozily silent. As usual, the silence was laden with words: words of love, a pervasive sense of home, nurturing, and emotional safety for each of us.

"I know she will love you." I murmured with certainty. "After all, who co

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I just love the way Spock says her name Nyota like it is a caress all by itself. [face_love]

And what a wonderful setting - a waterfal is so romantic.

"I know she will love you." Nyota murmured with certainty. "After all, who could fail to?"

That is so true :*

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    First of all - your settings are for the win! I could picture them perfectly, and my fangirl heart was all a flutter at that. [face_love]

Second of all - the call!! I loved seeing Nyota's POV on it, and this:

"I was elated to hear from you!!! Until your call, I was like a cat on a hot tin roof. The sweet sound of you set me to rights." She grinned in memory. "Dajan thought it was just me being happy to be back with them, but I do believe Kashore had a clue it was you, even if she didn't know your name -- she is a lady in love, so she can read the telltales."

- made my day. [face_dancing] [face_love]

And third - your title! So wonderfully beautiful all in itself. I believe that is the perfect sumation of these two. ;)

[face_love]

~MJ @};-

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

!!!!!

14. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Jade,

You have this way of melting everyone into absolute goo!

And your setting are so beautiful, you can just see it in your mind!

I love how you write Nyota's relationships with everyone too!

Squee!

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Master Jay and Hazel: Thanks -- I think waterfalls are a relaxing, beautiful, and romantic setting & Nyota does relate to everyone in a most lovable & loving fashion :*

~~~~~

Like a Chill

It is icy, unreachably dark when Nyota is inured away on Serillious. It is the first time such has happened, and afterwards the strength of the bond thankfully precludes such.

The coldness is pervasive, without the warmth of her laughter and devotion.

When she returns, both of your hearts are able to beat again.

You bring her a light stack of work-padds to make her feel "part of the flow" again duty-wise. She is grateful for this.

She is even happier when she is cleared to return to your more-comfortable quarters, and you now lie snuggled up tightly together, marvelling at the sparkle that has returned to her eyes.

"Thank you so much for keeping my folks in the information loop." She says quietly at one point. "They and I appreciate it so! It means the world to me that in the midst of everything you would think of such a thing."

"You are most welcome, my love." You press her against you even closer still, and the warmth of her flows and fills you up, easing the deep innervating frost which is dissipating in the day and more since her return.

She catches this thought from you and smiles tenderly. ?That?s a poetic turn of thought, my own.? She observes.

?On the contrary, Nyota, I experienced a definite absence of warmth.?

She chuckles. ?And to what do you attribute that?? She winks.

?I think,? You reply, warmly holding her gaze, ?that would be obvious. It is directly related to being with you again.?

?Oh, you.? Nyota whispers lovingly. ?That is one of the nicest things you could say to me.?

You quirk a brow at her and insist: ?The statement is not meant to be mere flattery.?

She laughs gently, and her caresses wander and linger in several places. ?I know. And that?s what makes it all the more wonderful when you say such things, my darling love.?

You reciprocate the caresses, savoring the satiny feel of her, the literal feel of her.

After a pause, she murmurs reflectively: ?I felt the same way when we were apart; our bond was like an ember, which had to be kept alight even in the midst of such..." She trails off with a shiver.

?Now that is behind us, ashal-veh.? Your eyes promise her that nothing will be allowed to part you two in such a way again.

+++++++++

[face_love]

:*

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    "I felt the same way when we were apart; our bond was like an ember, which had to be kept alight even in the midst of such ?"

I imagine it to be like a headlight guiding them through the darkness and to the safe harbor of each other's loving arms.

I can imagine the relief they both felt at being together again after Serillious.

[:D] :* [:D]

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I love that no matter how many times the Serillious storyline is played with, I enjoy it like the first time. [face_laugh] [face_love] This, as with others, is a beautiful end piece for that slice of drama. [face_love]

This was beautiful, tender, and poignant. =D=

After a pause, she murmurs reflectively: ?I felt the same way when we were apart; our bond was like an ember, which had to be kept alight even in the midst of such ?? She trails off with a shiver.

Oh yeah, I melted there. [face_love]

WEIN? :p

~MJ @};-

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Your viggies are always a nice way to start the day and even more after a nice trip abroad.

Waterfalls :) after coming from a desert trip.

And the love Spock is giving:*

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

~~~

Trusting Implicitly

"What's that?" Sherralyn asked one evening over espresso as she saw me delete an office file.

I groaned. "You don't want to know."

"What?" She insisted.

"An application for Spock's TA from a Ms. Gretchen Johansen. She's very Slavic -- blonde, statuesque. Her vitae is quite impressive. She came up to me right before the current term and insinuated that she had gotten a call-back for a second interview and wondered how I'd been selected "over her" -- her words."

Sherralyn's eyes grew wide. "Did you know about this?"

"Not a whisper of a clue." I answered. "Doubtless because it wasn't worth a mention. Yet, she implied that she was the better choice."

"Delusions of grandeur, among other things." Sherralyn remarked with an eye-roll. "Did you check out her story?"

"I didn't want to give it even that much credence." I replied with a sigh. "But there was no reason someone else besides me couldn't be a prospective candidate and even a strong one. And as for her -- romantic insinuations -- I knew those were totally bogus. I trust my dear one implicitly."

Not more than a fortnight later, I saw her attempt to snag Spock's attention but he gave her a cool and cursory acknowledgement and kept on going.

I stifled a laugh and made my way over to her and said: "Would you like a bit of advice...too bad I'm giving it to you, anyway. Girly, you're way out of your league, so don't even try to get in the game!"

And with that, I sailed on in my lover's wake.

Over dinner, I asked Spock what she wanted.

"She wanted to present an idea for a research project to me. I told her to speak with one of her current instructors or an advisor more familiar with her interests and aptitudes." Then Spock oh-so-casually mentioned my exchange with Ms. Johansen.

I grinned and took a bite out of a stuffed mushroom. "I just couldn't resist telling her the facts."

"Indeed." He answered, "in spite of the fact that she is and never was of the slightest professional concern to me, beyond the first consideration. As to any other level of interest --"

I melted. "Are you telling me," I teased, "that you had decided upon me for the position, practically right away?"

"You had the most exemplary qualifications. I followed your accomplishments quite closely and was very impressed." He responded.

My eyes were soft. "Is that the -- only reason?"

"Of course." He said firmly.

I recalled: "At that time, Commander Weston and Bradley each expressed an interest in having me work for them, but I'd already gotten your request, so I told them I was already committed. Working with them would have been rewarding, probably, but as for any other nature of -- significance..." I smirked happily and leaned close for a warm kiss. "My oh-so delicious love -- but, you had no personal -- desire to work with me, among other things?" I grinned, my eyes dancing.

"Nyota, is there a point--" He inquired, curiosity flowing through our connection.

"Yes, there is! I have no qualms in admitting that the personal side of things factored very strongly in my eagerness to work with you."

"I felt an eagerness - as you express it -- as well, but it was not allowed to influence my decision -- not in the slightest. However, as our relationship deepened and changed its very nature -- I will concede that the idea of working this closely with anyone else is anathema to me. And as for Ms. Johansen's romantic allegations, they are patently groundless and utterly ridiculous."

I beamed as we shared a large slice of berry cobbler. "I believe that much. It's just nice to hear it ... out loud."

He gave me a puzzling look.

"It's a lady-thing." I winked. "Another in a list of the baffling, but still fascinating ... my father says that when my mother displays such things, it's endearing, whereas in anyone else, it would be frustrating. She wears it well, doubtless."

"Indeed, as do you." He remarked warmly, his eyes full of deep appreciation.

+++++++++

;)

20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    It would be just like Spock to not be influenced by any other aspects of not so professional nature when picking an assistant (at least consciously :p)

I believe trust is one of the more important aspects of a twosome in constructing a life together. [face_love]

Very nice piece, Jade!

[:D] :* [:D]

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    While I can't say that Spock would make such a decision on unprofessional merits, you have to know that that was a perk. Sneaky Vulcan. :p

Gretchen was a nice level of sleaze. o_OI hate it when people automatically asume that a woman got where she is at by unscrupulous means - or when a girl thinks she can use such means to advance herself. Bleh! :rolleyes:

"I felt an eagerness - as you express it -- as well, but it was not allowed to influence my decision -- not in the slightest. However, as our relationship deepened and changed its very nature -- I will concede that the idea of working this closely with anyone else is anathema to me. And as for Ms. Johansen's romantic allegations, they are patently groundless and utterly ridiculous."

Perfect!!! [face_love]

And a bunny totally bit reading this - you are going to love it! :D [face_dancing] ;)

~MJ @};-

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    other 'ladies' after Spock[face_whistling][face_mischief] But he is that. A man loved by all ladies.
    And he sticks to Uhura because she is his great love and he is hers.

Nice viggie=D=

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A sweet 2-fer.

~~~~~~~

You Two Just Feel Right

Audrey loved feeling the emotional resonances from Nyota -- they were like a warm spring day mixed with the burbling of a cool brook; refreshing, serene, and euphoric as they centered upon Nyota's chosen soul's companion. As for Spock's resonances, they were naturally less exuberantly overflowing but the depth and richness of his affection and admiration for Nyota was a wondrous empathic experience, yet Audrey realized she was just feeling the fringes of the magnitude of the bond's vibrant radiance.

As she passed by their table, she heard Nyota murmur a thank-you to Spock who had helped her untangle a most intricate technical detail with a newly installed sub-routine: "Oh thanks, my Imzadi."

Audrey paused, amazed. Somehow, it had never occurred to her that Nyota would use that particular endearment, although why not was a mystery. It was beautiful and fitted they two perfectly.

She smiled as she saw how his hand lingered over hers tenderly.

Later, when Audrey brought this up over coffee, in a most pleased fashion, Nyota blushed happily. ?That particular endearment always seemed to suit, you know."

"I certainly understand." Audrey answered. "And you two are providing me with an inspiring example."

Nyota laughed. ?Ah! So, you believe in ever-after now??

Audrey smiled softly. ?I never thought I would or could ? but I think I might be able to.?

?I used to think love was something I would get around to ? eventually. It ? as the song goes ? fell on top of me out of an orange-colored sky.? Nyota observed with a dreamy sigh.

?And you?re sitting on a rainbow with the world on a string, and the string around your finger, too, Ny.? Audrey winked.

?You can say that again.? Nyota agreed earnestly.

On her side, Nyota could not help but be very glad to see the gentle ease with which Jim and Audrey seemed to grow into their relationship.

"She's really quite the best thing for me." He had been heard to comment.

Nyota grinned upon hearing that. That level of forthrightness was revealing, in and of itself.

"I know you were part of a grand scheme to set me up with Chris," he had told her at one point, "and I really didn't mind." He smirked teasingly. "I see you didn't have a hand in this one, apparently -- but nevertheless, I guess you approve?"

She had laughed. "You two feel right together." She admitted. "I wasn't sure that you would at first -- but actually ... I'm happy about how well it's working out between you."

They went to see a classic play full of romance and hilarious comedy of errors.

Nyota's laugh rippled, and her eyes sparkled with fun.

A line in the play which might have seemed over-the-top but was sweet to Nyota's ears was: "You are my heart's song."

Nyota had caught Audrey's eye at this point and winked.

Audrey had fought to stifle a laugh.

She clasped Jim's hand during the performance and sneaked a glance over to find Nyota had done the same with her own escort.

The Commander's compelling eyes were upon Nyota as much as on the stage, with something warm and gentle in their depths.

Later, as they discussed the highs and lows of the performance, a turbolift car opened.

Audrey grinned and said with a low laugh: "We'll let you guys have this car. We can wait for the next one."

Nyota beamed. Her penchant for indulging in kisses in the lift was well-known to all. She waved thanks to Audrey and she and her love stepped inside.

+++++++++++++
    :D
    ~~~~~~

Like a fever

Like a cresting tide of flame, Nyota burns in your senses and blood, and you find completion and satiety in her adoring, blissful embrace. Across your connection, you can tell how totally that she thrills to the depth and pervasiveness of entwinement. She even proceeds to deepen it and draw you higher, until your merging consciousnesses soar and pirouette.

After, the silence between you is gentle, as she gazes at you with reverence and wonder glowing

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see Audrey happy with Jim. Old Kirk (from the old series) was quite a woman's man and being with one other love 'his ship' the Enterprise. But I like 2009 Kirk better.

And love the way you are constantly finding new and amazing ways to describe the love between Uhura and Spock.

Adorably mushy viggies.[face_love]:*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.