main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009/Misc] Spock's Rules for Reviews - oneshot - humor, randomness, shameless self insert

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Spock's Rules for Reviews

By Serena

Summary: Do's and Don'ts of asking for reviews. Or actually... just don'ts.

A/N: This is not meant to offend anyone, considering the fact that I've done just about all of these "don'ts" of asking for reviews. I'm really making fun of myself, here. :)

Disc: Ain't mine.

"Heelllllllooooo!" I said, bursting into the room with a Seinfeld greeting. Spock didn't look at me. "Nice to see you too, Elrond," I said dryly.

"Have you come here for a purpose?" Spock asked me as he stared at the screen in front of him.

"Yeah. I need your help, Spockie."

He still didn't look at me. "Do not call me that, please. And you," he added calmly, "are not supposed to be here."

"Yeah, I know, whatever."

"So why are you here?"

"Shameless self-insert. I need your help."

If Vulcans could look annoyed, Spock was doing one heck of a job. "With what may I assist you?"

I plopped down in the seat next to him and leaned back. "Look, you know about fanfiction, right?"

"Yes, I am aware of it, unfortunately."

"Yeah. Well, you know that authors always want reviews for their stories."

"Yes." He sounded more cautious.

"Right. Well, it's come to my attention that not enough stories are getting reviews. What would you do to get reviews? You know, like a tutorial for all fanfic authors out there. My buddies."

"You are the fanfiction author. Why cannot you write it?"

"You're a Vulcan," I said as if it were obvious.

"I don't understand."

"Vulcans know everything."

He now glanced at me and said, "I would do nothing. I do not write fanfiction."

I groaned. "You're killin' me, Ears. What if you did, huh?"

"I would not. Fanfiction is nothing more than copyright infringement and authors - most of which are young adults - who are not creative enough to write their own plots."

"Hey!" I punched his arm. "Don't diss the fanfic community! I ain't putting up with that!"

"You are not using correct grammar, yet you claim to be an auth-"

"Oh, shut up! Are you gonna help me or not?"

He let out a quiet sigh. "What will it take for you to cease asking me to help you?"

"Um... you helping me?"

Spock stared at me unblinkingly. "I do not believe I will enjoy this experience..."

[hr]

Well, we eventually finished, and this is how it turned out:

[b]1. Do not beg.[/b]
    [i]Example:[/i] Please review my story!! Please? Please? Please please please please please please please please pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaseeeeee review my story!!!! I'm down on my knees pleading with all my heart and soul and virtual lungs... so pleassseee review!!!!

[b]Spock's suggestion[/b]: Write a story worth reading.

[b]2. Do not rant.[/b]
    [i]Example:[/i] So then I wrote this whole entire story for you idiots and the least you could do is review, I mean, c'mon, it doesn't take that much - all you gotta do is press the little blue button and type a few words - you don't even have to move, well barely, so I don't see what the big deal is - I think everyone who reads this story should review because honestly it's not rocket science you know, actually rocket science is really hard, but reviewing is NOT, so you really should review because my story's awesome - the best fanfic ever written, so yeah you should totally review....

[b]Spock's suggestion:[/b] Write a story worth reading.

[b]3. Do not whine.[/b]
    [i]Example[/i]: I mean, guys, c'mon, why aren't you reviewing? Man, I mean I worked so hard on this story and all I got was one measley review!!?!? Geezz what is UP with that??? Guuuuuyyyys.... please review! I'm having a really bad daaaayy, just please say anything! C'mon!!
    [b]
    Serena's suggestion[/b]: This is a no-whining zone.
    [b]Spock's suggestion[/b]: Write a story worth reading.

[b]4. Do not lie.[/b]
    [i]Example[/i]: And my aunt died and my uncle died and my dog died and my cat died and my fish died and my hamster died... so please brighten my day and review!!! I'll feel so much better after all the tramua lately. And did I mention my little brother died?

[b]Serena's suggestion[/b]: Lying is fun. Just.

2. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    There are no words to describe this. Just the following smilies:

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] That was funny :D

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004