main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] More Than The Music -- mushy one-shot

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: [Star Trek 2009] More Than the Music
    Author: Jade eyes
    Genre: Serious mush -- duh! LOL
    Fandom: Star Trek -- woot!
    Characters: Nyota/Spock -- yum tummy!
    Summary: An evening at the opera and ... afterwards.
    Disclaimer: Don't own these characters, but I love them fit to bust!!!!!
    A/N: Inspired by the lovely Mira's reference to a night at a posh opera ;) and mega supersized ginormous hugs!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~

As Spock gazed at Nyota in surprised wonderment, it was as if he were seeing her loveliness for the first time, which was puzzling, bringing as it did the thrill of a newly discovered delight.
    Her curve-hugging dress was black and sleeveless, leaving her shoulders to gleam in the fading light of transitioning twilight to rising moonlight. The latter glinted off her shimmering tresses, which fell in a single braid across one shoulder. The k'lar necklace she wore nestled most tantalizingly in the hollow between her full breasts.

"Glad you like it, Imzadi," she whispered with a warm glow in her eyes.

Her refreshing scent, which he knew was lightly sprayed behind her ears, at her elbows, and at her throat wafted on the light breeze.

She waved a mischievous farewell to McCoy and Kirk with a laughing comment: "Poor Leonard. He's Casanova's sidekick again."

"Make that alleged," was Spock's rejoinder.

Nyota's laugh rippled again.

Fellow shipmates were eyeing them with curiosity and pleased acknowledgement from across the aisle. Nyota smiled and waved hello. Several were holding old-style opera glasses to watch the audience before the actual performance started.

The seats were plush. The performers were colorfully and richly garbed. Even the tuning of the orchestra was melodic, though at some venues it had a tendency to sound more like squawking avians.

Nyota rested one elegant gloved hand on the arm rest between them. She noticed Spock noticing the audience giving them the eagle eye. Spock made it a point to present his most dignified demeanor.

/Don't pay them any mind,/ she sent an assuring thought his way, /Once the music starts, they'll be too enthralled in the magnificent performance./

Spock, trying to be unobtrusive, rested a hand on the arm rest as well. She moved hers to clasp his lightly.

He couldn't resist the welcome feel of her cool soft touch. A second after and he laced his fingers through hers and squeezed gently.

Her sense and her eyes both shone with intense gladness at the gesture.

As the performers sang, he couldn't help comparing the soprano's to Nyota's rich, golden tones when she sang with as much feeling as the virtuoso singing the aria.

As he glanced at her often during the performance, he saw her eyes closed in happiness. He wrapped her pleasure around them both.

During the intermission, friends and acquaintances came over to enthuse most volubly over the beauty and the poignancy of the voices and the plot.

She joined in with the rest, her eloquent gestures drawing her audience in, as always. It all held quite a ... breathless charm.

"That," Spock observed later, as he watched her brush out her hair, "was one of the most pleasurable evenings at the opera I've spent. The company's reputation is definitely well-deserved."

"Oh, yes," Nyota agreed, "I've been looking forward to this evening for quite some time! Could you undo this for me?" She asked, per usual.

He moved to unclasp her necklace, his fingers lingering and brushing lightly from the nape of her neck, across her shoulders and down her back. Happy chills were left in the wake of the caresses.

She nodded her thanks, put the necklace away and then spun to seize him tightly in a warm embrace. She beamed as he encircled her waist.
    Spock continued: "I must admit, a great proportion of my enjoyment came from observing how much you enjoyed the entire show. When I chanced to glance over, you had your eyes closed, better to enjoy the complete aural experience, no doubt."

She trailed little kisses from his aristocratic brow to his li

2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Very beautifully done! =D=

Spock and Nyota definitely make a great couple and their evening was just amazing.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    RX -- :* :*

Right on all counts LOL
    My sweeties certainly deserve an amazing time. :)

[face_dancing]
    [face_dancing]

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, very cute!!

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I've been meaning to got online and read this, and just now found a moment. [face_blush]

And good grief girl, but do you know how to put the 'ush' into mush like no one I've ever met. ;) @};- Seriously, I am grinning like a loon here - full blown, cheesecake grin, plus more!! :D

First off, I'm a sucker for scenes like this - be it opera or theater or orchestra. Although I bet you never would have guessed that. [face_whistling] There's an intimacy that goes wonderfully to the surroundings, before a word is even penned. [face_love]

And then there are lines like this:

Spock continued: "I must admit, a great proportion of my enjoyment came from observing how much you enjoyed the entire show. When I chanced to glance over, you had your eyes closed, better to enjoy the complete aural experience, no doubt."

that make it perfect. [face_love]

The words may be simple, matter of fact, but from him they are so much more than that. [face_love]

Gah! I am one happy fangirl!! [:D]

~MJ
    @};-

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nat -- hi and thanks!!!!!! :D My sweetums are a bliss to write!

Mira -- :* :*

I love scenes where one or the other person in a couple looks the other over and thinks: Lands, she's/he's delicious LOL And writing in detail Nyota's gorgeousness was fun!!!!

And yum -- that line you quoted, you're absolutely right --just to notice and state something like that is touching. [face_love] Coming from our mutual boo over there, awwwwwww! Eternally! Everlastingly!

I think I've found my ff niche, no? [face_laugh]

[face_dancing]

This is my spot.

[face_laugh]
    [face_dancing]
    =P~

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh well done! =D= @};- Loved this! The snippet of McCoy being stuck with Kirk...again. LOL poor Doc indeed! [face_laugh]

Loved the tidbit afterward ;) You did a wonderful job with these two. Keep it up! :D And thanks for sharing!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Kynstar -- hi :D

I loved that bit with McCoy too [face_laugh]

Yeah, afterward -- raptures!!!

Don't worry, I will keep it up!!! LOL It's like oxygen literally.

[face_love]
    [face_love]
    Thank YOU for the review!

Hugs!

9. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Oh, this was wonderful. [face_love] I can't help but giggle when I imagine what happens after the opera. [face_mischief]

Wonderful vig!

:*

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Connie -- thanks for stopping in. Hugs!!!!!! :D

And isn't the imagination a wonderful thing?

Squeeeee!!!!!!!

SQUEEEEE!!
    I have a vivid imagination too [face_laugh]

=P~

[face_love]
    x

11. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Nicely done piece of mush, Jade. More than anything, I enjoyed your description of Nyota, how she was perceived by others, and how Spock saw her during the performance. The opera setting was original and fun and something I can see both Spock and Nyota enjoying together.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    brodiew -- hi!!! The opera is a nice, classy setting, isn't it? :D

Yes, those very details I enjoyed writing--writing of others' perceptions illuminates a character as much but differently from first person. The lovableness comes out in the latter; in the former, how deeply appreciated and cherished. :D

[:D]

[face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.