main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Nyota Sets the Record Straight on Her Priorities - One-shot.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Nov 26, 2011.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Nyota Sets the Record Straight on Her Priorities

Author: Jade eyes

Disclaimer: Borrowing with much love!

Summary: Ny has her priorities during a diplomatic situation, and so does J_e! [face_love] [face_love]

A/N: Inspired by an e-mail exchange and a recent "West of the Moon" post.

Context surrounds the fact that *sigh!!!* we're not done visiting this topic yet? :p [face_frustrated]

Nyota

I know quite clearly that Spock's deeds of heroism spring completely from altruism and that his amazing physical agility and hand-to-hand skills have kept him from suffering even worse injuries, inclusive of those times he suffered harm of some degree.

I had hoped, dared to believe, that away from certain - headlong influences :p that such would not happen, or would have less likelihood. :rolleyes:

On a world struggling with political and religious transitions and the resulting chaos, Spock's appeal to reason sparked first a diatribe from one of the fanatics, then an outright attack thankfully curtailed by our sharp-eyed Security detail.

I scowled. I had urged him through our bond to stand down until more moderate parties could be heard from - and then if there was going to be blows (physical or otherwise) the opposing, disputing parties could take the brunt.

However, he'd assured me that he had one more point to carry forth.

I had frowned quellingly. In such potentially volatile situations, I usually inserted a word or several to ease the situation, if he was not making headway.

However, the more radical faction was barely tolerant of their own citizenry putting forth viable options, much less someone they thought of as an outsider.

The consequence of the hostile action was that even more of the populace went over to the moderate constituency, and the radical side lost ground in the polls.

This led to our next series of talks being much more amenable, since the air of intolerance had dissipated.

But, meanwhile, I had a -- huge bone to pick.

(When we wrote our regular 'letter' to Sarek, he answered by saying that Amanda had had a similar 'strong objection' to his stances, more often than not. Still and all, I felt it was more a guy-thing than anything else -- by that time, I was calmer so could be -- charitable, even chuckle at Sarek's remark. But in the immediate aftermath, that was not the case.)

"They had a weapon disguised to look like a recording device! And I'm positive it wasn't on stun!" I exclaimed when we were to ourselves. I groaned in frustration. "Haven't we moved past the need for such discussions?" I asked, heatedly.

**~~~~**

Spock

I knew better than to assure Nyota that since all was well there was no point served in discussing what-ifs. I knew her too well to attempt such a thing.

"It's just ridiculous ... next time, would you please listen when I make a suggestion like that?"

I promised sincerely to do so.

She still glowered.

I reached out a caressing hand to her. She usually relished these at the close of our days, even when they were merely the savoring and unwinding type, in lieu of those which were a passionate precursor.

She did not draw away but instead leaned into the touch.

"I can't get rid of the images of what would have happened, what could have happened, if the guard had --" She broke off. "I know you promised me before about taking risks, but one day - even that - even all the precautions -- might not be --"

"Enough." I concluded for her.

She drew in a ragged breath, her voice choked with emotion. "Yes ..."

I encircled her tightly and just held her for long moments. I sent her love and calm as I stroked her back and shoulders until I felt the tension slowly melt away.

"All these people and worlds, during our Enterprise tour and currently, they matter to me." She murmured, holding me very tightly. "But you - matter so much more! I don't give a rodent's ass if that sounds callous, I really don't!!"

I gazed at her, rather astonished at her choice of phrasing.

She laughed s

2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Spock's explanation is spot on; he tries to tell her that sometimes things can occur that no one has planned for. And despite Jim's tactics, they get the results required despite there imperfections. Nothing is going to go "as planned". That is the main thing that Spock recognizes and I think takes into account very seriously when things don't exactly go right.

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, very natural reaction from both Spock and Nyota. Spock can't very well stop doing his duty when it gets dangerous and Nyota will never stop worrying.

headlong influences [face_laugh] I wonder who that could possibly be. :p

[:D]

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes, great reactions from both and a nice little viggie

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This subject is like kerosene for the muse, eh? [face_laugh] :p

I had hoped, dared to believe, that away from certain - headlong influences that such would not happen, or would have less likelihood.

[face_laugh]!

Right. :p

Spock Prime was how far away from his time with Kirk when he dove through a black hole? [face_laugh]8-}

When we wrote our regular 'letter' to Sarek, he answered by saying that Amanda had had a similar 'strong objection' to his stances, more often than not. Still and all, I felt it was more a guy-thing than anything else -- by that time, I was calmer so could be -- charitable, even chuckle at Sarek's remark. But in the immediate aftermath, that was not the case.

Brilliant. :)

I love his words of wisdom in this case - especially in this case. I can easily see why Nyota suggested standing down, but at the same time, I understand Spock's pressing forward. It's such a fine line - duty and personal safety, and one I bet they will still be learning long after this conversation.

"I can't get rid of the images of what would have happened, what could have happened, if the guard had --" She broke off. "I know you promised me before about taking risks, but one day - even that - even all the precautions -- might not be --"

"Enough." I concluded for her.

She drew in a ragged breath, her voice choked with emotion. "Yes ..."

Beautiful, eloquent writing right here. =D=

You perfectly expressed her feelings (rodent's ass, indeed! [face_laugh]), and it was lovely to read. I love how few words were needed after that - it was a mental calmness through their bond, and as always there is just something timelessly lovely about that.

Thank-you for a well thought out, beautifully expressed viggie. =D=

[:D]

~MJ @};-

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Very cute :)