main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] On the Edge (Kirk/OC adventure fic) New Post 1/11/12!!!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Master_Jaina1011, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    You KNOW I adored this post. :D Your grasp on the characters and the emotional drama within your plot never cease to amaze me - and it makes reading this a true treat. [face_love]

?Maybe you?re not feeling as great because you?re not arguing with me.? He said, running his tri corder over her head.

?Maybe I just know that arguing with you is useless.?

Your banter here was priceless! I adored this whole back and forth between Audrey and Bones. [face_love]

Audrey was taken aback at the doctor?s abrasiveness. She thought that he trusted her, that she had no ulterior motive other than finding her mother. She wasn?t after Jim?s position, she wasn?t a spy and she certainly wasn?t looking for trouble. Trouble just found her.

Ain't that the truth of the matter? :p I liked seeing Bones' claws out here. He was a good friend, and he's making Audrey think. [face_mischief]

He shook his head, his hazel eyes pained. ?He?s my best friend, Commander. Someone who accepts me for who I am and doesn?t look back.?

I never really stopped to think about it that way. :( McCoy's personality is classic to us, but to others it certainly could be off putting, and he does have his own brand of baggage. :(

He's as good for Jim, as Jim is for him. [face_love]

?Yes, Oh. Jim is capable of many things but to be attracted to someone like you, someone that could possibly leave, it could destroy him.?

And THAT is the core of it. [face_thinking]

Audrey put her hands up in surrender. ?I can?t promise anything, but I will try.?

Another eyebrow was raised at her. ?Do or do not, there is no try.?

CLASSIC!! :D :cool:

?The science labs are deck eleven, right next to the greenhouse.? A voice said behind her, making her jump. She turned around to see the chief communications officer, standing there leaning against the doorframe. Lieutenant Uhura was slightly taller than Audrey, her long legs encased in a pair of sweat and she was swaddled in what looked like a Vulcan sweater.

Crap. :oops: I don't have time for more ficlet inspiration now, you know. [face_laugh]

Still, lovely description. [face_love]

?I was coming to check on the Doctor. He and Spock have been working tirelessly on the research but have gotten nowhere,? Nyota replied, nodding to the office behind her. ?Since Spock isn?t in our quarters, I can?t sleep; so I came to check on Leo to make sure he actually sleeps.?

Awwww. [face_love]

?It?s okay. At times like this, after an emotional overload, I can only sense the most basic thoughts and emotions.? She replied. ?I don?t use it against people. You should be fine because Spock has probably taught you the basics of shielding, right??

I like seeing another with alien blood on the crew. :D The possibilities for interactions like this one are endless. :D

Audrey laughed, the resident tension subsiding. ?Too many. I moved from planet to planet when I was younger, and picked up on the languages. I think I?m upwards of almost fifty right now.?

:eek:

Is there anything she doesn't do? :p

Audrey smiled widely, waving Nyota on as they walked toward the turbolift. ?You know, you have an amazing ability you know that? Pike hasn?t stopped talking about your fascination with languages. I like them, but not that much.?

:cool:

Is it bad that I just felt proud over a fictional character? :p Like being such a fan invests me emotionally when it comes to comments like that. :oops: [face_love]

?So you knew Spock before he entered Starfleet?? Nyota asked, her tone curious. Audrey looked at her sharply, the pain evident in her eyes.

:eek:

Backstory viggie!!!!!

YES!!! [face_praying] [face_batting]

She could not wait to work with it, and was slightly jealous that Spock got to it first. Spock turned around and his eyes looked at Nyota with absolute adoration. It make Audrey smile inwardly, knowing full well how difficult Vulcan could be emotionall

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: !!! Is Mira right? Is that who it is? Yeehaw! Oh, the awesome conversations!!!!!!!

[face_dancing]

Between so many of the characters!!!!!!

[face_dancing]

3. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004

Well, Sarek was already mentioned, and I can think of no one else . . . :D And, the inner fangirl in me wishes it to be so!! :D So, that's logic for you. [face_laugh]

(Heck, we can learn about TOS Audrey too! There can be all sorts of interesting thigs that come from this. [face_dancing])

. . . not that I am anxious or anything. :D

[face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

4. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    All I can say is we shall see. But this chapter has been begging to be written and it will be. This chapter is probably going to rank up there as one of my favorite along with the climax.

I've been waiting to write about TOS Audrey. So beware... :D

5. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Well I have can't-wait-post-itis so here is part one of this chapter. I adore this chapter, and the next one too! Oh Vulcans...[face_love]

The Nightmares Resurface

?Oh come on, you stupid piece of crap!? Audrey exclaimed, slamming her fingers at the controls in front of her. Even though New Vulcan had been a day away, the Enterprise couldn?t get clearance from the Vulcan High Council for a specific day to pull into orbit. So far, they were waiting in the orbit in the neighboring system awaiting a response.

In the meantime, McCoy, Spock and Audrey had been working fervently to ascertain the origins of the virus and in the process create a cure. Hence why Audrey was annoyed and frustrated, and why the other two men in the room were looking at her strangely.

?You do know that hitting the computer will not make it work faster,? Kirk said, flying into the room, his blue eyes twinkling. ?Bones over there has firsthand knowledge of that, don?t you??

Audrey rolled her eyes, turning away from the thing that wouldn?t cooperate with her. ?Oh, I know. I think he and I are competing on who will break something first,? she replied, glaring at Spock. Kirk nodding knowingly.

?You guys have had a total of what? Three hours of sleep for the last three days?? McCoy and Audrey looked at each other and shrugged. ?Well I think you would get a clearer head if you slept for a few hours.?

Spock continued to ignore him and the other two just sat there. ?Spock you need rest too. Nyota hasn?t gotten any sleep either, I might add.?

The red headed Commander rubbed her temples gingerly, sensing a migraine. She did have to admit sleep sounded really good right about now and she did need a clear head. Sometimes her best work came after a REM cycle.

She looked the Captain straight in the eye. ?How much sleep have you gotten?? she asked, grabbing a stylus from her station and lobbing at the doctor?s head. It hit him square in the back of his head, getting his attention.

The blonde had the audacity to look smug. ?The same as you guys.?

McCoy?s head spun around faster than you could say peaches, and glared straight at Jim. ?Alright, we are getting sedatives and sleeping for at least six hours. If the Council hasn?t gotten back to us now, then it should be at the least another day til they give us clearance.?

?That doctor is correct, Commander,? Spock said, standing up. ?It is logical to believe that after our rest cycles our minds will be at optimal functionality.?

?Do you always have to use big words?? the Doctor grumbled, rubbing the back of his neck.

?As a Vulcan, our culture dictates??

Audrey raised a hand to stop the lecture. ?As much as I have enjoyed your bickering over the past three days, my brain cannot take anymore. So quiet, both of you.?

Kirk laughed. ?She?s got both of you there.?

McCoy glared and then stood up, stretching. ?That she does. Come you two, if you two are any alike you both won?t be able to sleep more than three hours without a sedative of some kind.?

Spock slid out the door with such feline grace the other three barely noticed. They looked at each other wearily and trudged out the door, locking this part of the science lab off to everyone but themselves.

Sometime in the next ten minutes, Audrey found herself sprawled on Jim?s couch, not willing to move any further without some kind of help. She groaned at the sight of the hypo in McCoy?s hand, and flinched away.

She must have been extremely tired though and didn?t dodge the hand coming at her. The hiss of hypo alerted her that the drug will be taking effect soon and moved to get up. ?A little help, please,? she groaned, trying to stand up and did so unsuccessfully. McCoy grabbed her arm to balance her and led her to Jim?s bed.

She glared at him, pulling the command shirt over her head and got comfortable in her casual blacks. She looked down and saw a passed out Kirk to one side. ?This is totally not my bed,? she grumbled.

?I can?t keep an ear out if you?re in his guest quarters. So for right now, appease me and sleep h

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh :D :D

Great banter as always especially the J/A. :)
    Absolutely love it when Spock uses "big words" -- it's delicious when he does it. [face_love]

I'm glad everyone got sufficient rest. :) That whole in/out of bed exchange [face_laugh] [face_laugh] -- priceless!

Eagerly awaiting the next part [face_dancing] [face_batting]

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This update was awesome on so many levels! :D

(My computer is in the shop for a nasty virus - but I get it back tonight, so I'll edit with a longer review later. I just had to say something while I had the moment. :p)

[:D]

~MJ @};-

8. Paige

Paige Jedi Knight

Sep 4, 2010
    great story

9. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Deb: Thank you! Their banter comes so easily, that I love writing it! There is more in this post too! And... the appearance of Sarek and old!Spock!

And the in/out of bed exchange was my favorite part of that post!

Mira: Well hopefully you get to review both posts my dear!

Paige: Thank you here's some more!

Chp. 10 - Forgetting Logic

Audrey stared out the window, watching the dry landscape that was New Vulcan, and chuckling at the irate Doctor, who was ranting on the dangers of shuttles. According to Jim, who was piloting it with Spock, this was a common occurrence and it had thoroughly entertained her on the entire ride down.

The light brown sand whirled up in the air, tinged with red, making Audrey nostalgic for the Vulcan rocks. The high sun beat down harshly, making her groan inwardly at the heat she was about to endure. From what she studied about this planet was that the heat was still tolerable to Vulcans but to humans it was equivalent to the Sahara desert on Earth.

Which mean she just went from extreme cold to extreme dry heat. Thanks goodness for the doctor though, who had finally given her immunization boosters against the diseases known around this planet. Her body would be grateful for those stings later.

?From what I see, we will be meeting with the clan leader first before we meet any of the remaining scientists,? Nyota, started, her hand fidgeting with the PADD. The Commander?s was drawn away from her thoughts and remembered she was here, on a mission. It didn?t help she hadn?t seen Ambassador Sarek in years. All she could remember was her emotional downfall after hearing about her father?s death.

?Who is the clan leader we are meeting with?? Audrey asked, taking the PADD handed to her. It saddened her to think that so many of the greatest scientific minds perished all at once.

?T?Pau,? Uhura replied, causing the red hair Commander's head to whip around quickly. ?What??

?T?Pau, as in the grandmother of Spock, mother to Sarek?? Audrey screeched, her eyes wide. The Vulcan woman could be downright scary and extremely logical. Her last interaction with her was not the best, to say the least.

Nyota?s forehead creased, re-reading the information given to her. ?Oh, he is so dead,? she muttered, causing Audrey to cough and try to cover up the chuckle.

?Even Vulcans can stretch the truth, dear,? McCoy grumbled, grabbing his PADD and reading through the briefing.

?So not only do we have to explain to them why we had to come here in the first place, but what we need from them. Great.?

Audrey nodded. ?Spock may have copper based blood, but his has human genetics in it. I?ve already tried a few samples of his blood in what I think could be a cure, but it won?t suffice. I need full Vulcan samples.?

?And access to their archives, am I correct?? McCoy asked when the shuttle shuddered, causing him to jump. ?Damn bucket of bolts.?

Audrey laughed and shook her head. ?That was just Jim turning toward the landing spot, and it just got caught in an upward draft. Nothing to be scared about,? she said, patting the doctor on the knee and getting a scowl in return. ?Yes I need access to what they have left. My mother could have left a clue to what she was doing when she got those samples.?

?Are you saying that this has been in the works for longer than we know?? Nyota asked, her brown eyes curious.

She sighed. ?Possibly. That?s what I need to find out.?

Before either one of them could grill her on any more information, Kirk?s voice came over the intercom saying they were preparing to land. Audrey tugged at her hair, flattening any stray curls from her ponytail and took a deep breath.

Nyota finally realized that her counterpart was nervous and looked at her questioningly. ?Why are you so nervous??

Audrey stopped playing with her hair and just looked at her. ?Because the last time I had contact with Vulcan was after my father?s death,? her breath shook but she continued. ?Let?s just say, I had one enormous emotional breakdown.?

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent characterizations and wonderfully detailed tension =D= I very much empathize with Audrey's fierceness and outspokenness with the stick-up-your-arse T'Pau :p -- and I had to blink -- at her shielding her emotions from Jim -- and remember that this takes place before the diary when she let him in on her missing-dad moments. :* :* :*

Watching both ends of their journey is ;) fun indeed.

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I LOVED this update with everything I have in me. [face_love] [face_dancing]

Your grasp over Vulcan characterizations, and the furthering of the plot here are fascinating, and a true joy to read! =D=

According to Jim, who was piloting it with Spock, this was a common occurrence and it had thoroughly entertained her on the entire ride down.

[face_laugh] It sure is entertaining to us. :p

Nyota?s forehead creased, re-reading the information given to her. ?Oh, he is so dead,? she muttered, causing Audrey to cough and try to cover up the chuckle.

[face_laugh] Sneaky Vulcan.

Audrey laughed and shook her head. ?That was just Jim turning toward the landing spot, and it just got caught in an upward draft. Nothing to be scared about,? she said, patting the doctor on the knee and getting a scowl in return.

I love how easily Audrey is fitting in with the crew camaraderie. She just clicks - with everything. [face_love]

The older Spock almost appeared shocked to see her, but carefully schooled his face into blankness. Sarek?s face also showed no emotions but Audrey could feel the hint of sorrow, understanding what her and her mother had gone through all those years ago.

The conversation with her and Spock Prime is going to be AWESOME! :cool:

And seeing Sarek understanding her grief was . . . hard. Very hard. :(

Before anyone could reply, Jim spoke up. ?I?m sure as much as you would enjoy questioning Commander Pearce now, I would suggest moving to a more?cooler place before one of us collapses from heat exhaustion.?

I love how frank Jim was there. Perfect. :p

Before Audrey could reply, Spock interrupted him. ?There are no insects here in the chamber, Captain,? he calmly replied. ?The Ambassadors and my grandmother wish an audience with us.?

[face_laugh]!!

At the edges of his mind, Jim could feel agitation and nervousness, and realized he was feeling what Audrey felt. It absolutely fascinated him.

Yes! Bond development. [face_dancing]

The chamber resonated in the silence it held. The Captain could tell everyone around him were holding their breaths and let it out when T?Pau spoke. ?I am afraid we cannot help you further, Commander, Captain Kirk.?

Eugh.

T'Pau has always rubbed me the wrong way ? and its no different here. :rolleyes:

?Must she act like a petulant child?? she asked, her eyes following in the angry Commander?s wake.

And then I have to remember that it is not personal ? at least, now without logic's backing. [face_thinking]

T?Pau nodded. ?Also inform Commander Pearce to meditate and form her shields if she wishes to confront a powerful empath like Kodos. I will trust in you to ensure that, Selek??

I love how matter-of-fact she was. :p

A great update, all around! =D=

~MJ @};-

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I always seem to be playing catch-up with this story 8-} But I finally have caught up, and I'm glad I have! This story gets more and more interesting by the chapter :D

I can't WAIT to see the conversation between Spock Prime and Audrey :D

Great job!!!

13. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Sorry for the delay. I am determined to get this story done by the end of the summer! And a lot of what I do in here coincides with my diary!

Thank you all for the reviews for the last chapter. I was so iffy on the Vulcans and they came out great!

Memories

Audrey knew the second she lost control of her emotions that she had almost doomed this mission to New Vulcan. She couldn?t help it though-T?Pau had that effect on humans. The Vulcan woman also knew Audrey was a spy and had adamantly refused to help her without saying why. Jim must be extremely annoyed or confused, and judging by the slight bond she had with him, it was both.

She looked around and saw she was in a smaller room than what she was just in. It was delicately decorated with warms browns and tans, and the walls were intricately carved wood. There was a large bench in the middle and straight across from it was a painting of Vulcan from space. Smiling softly at the image it brought to her mind; Audrey sat down on the bench and sighed heavily.

In her time on the Enterprise she hadn?t imagined she would have to resort to having to call on connections she had. Taking the PADD she had, the Commander looked at it carefully. The only person on the ship that would possibly knew she was a trained intelligence agent with her own team elsewhere in the galaxy was Spock and possibly Uhura, only because she probably tracked her transmissions.

She did not want Jim to find out her true calling and what she had been trained for before her deployment. Typing in her clearance codes, she skimmed through the information her team had gathered. The closest anyone of them got was the edge of Klingon space which is where she suspected Kodos to be hiding. In order to save her mother and Sam's life, Audrey was going to have to draw him out.

A footstep interrupted her typing, and was surprised to see the older Spock standing there before hers, hands clasped behind his back. ?I see I might be interrupting,? he started, making her put the PADD to the side and look at him curiously.

He was much the same as the Spock she knew, but so much different at the same time. When Jim had told her about him, she was curious - because honestly, the red head wanted to know about the Audrey he knew. The Commander smiled softly, hearing her comm beep twice signaling that her contact in the Vulcan Science Academy was near.

?All you are interrupting is just me calming down, Ambassador. How can I assist you?? Audrey asked, waving him closer.

He walked over, his human brown eyes searching hers and all of a sudden an unknown bond flourished in her mind and her head shot up surprised. His emotions were tightly controlled, but the one that came off the strongest surprised her.

It was melancholy. Its light blue color swirled around in the absent bond, and she could feel grief and a tinge of hesitation within it too. Scooting over to make room for the new addition to the room, Audrey looked at the painting, reveling in its beauty. Feeling him sit next to her, she kept [her] eyes trained on the wall ahead.

Without looking at the man she apparently had a bond with, she decided to get right to the point. ?Why do we have a bond?? the feisty spy asked succinctly.

?In my universe, you were a very close?friend,? Selek replied, the bond rippling with the light blue of melancholy. ?Your kind was not known in my universe until about sixty years after I served on the Enterprise. I found out after you realized I had the same abilities. When you first served, you kept your abilities under careful watch and??

?The rest is history,? she said softly, turning to look at the older Vulcan. He gave her a smirk and his eyes twinkled with laughter. ?The only way you would have bonded with me there was is you??

The half smirk died away and a faraway look appeared on his face. ?I did a mind meld with you to save your life. From then on, you were bonded to me in a way no one could describe. It was a mystery to the High Council when I first approached them about it.?

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AMazing! Amazing! Amazing!

BRAVISIMO, MASTER JAY!!!

=D= =D= =D=

Intensely and rivetingly compelling merging of timelines and Timeline A backstory.

Guess what. [face_laugh]

I wanna go back through all the Trek movies and/or novels for a -- glimpse of Audrey.

She must be in there somewhere LOL

[face_love]

~Jade

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Woah!! Very intense stuff. I liked the trip back to the original timeline!

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    You know how much I enjoyed this one. This story just keeps getting better and better - and I am certainly enjoying you tying all of our brains into knots. 8-} ;)

She couldn?t help it though-T?Pau had that effect on humans.

And every other sane sentient being with a pulse. :rolleyes:

He was much the same as the Spock she knew, but so much different at the same time. When Jim had told her about him, she was curious - because honestly, the red head wanted to know about the Audrey he knew.

The lure of meeting any time traveler. And occasionaly the danger, according to my Doctor Who addled brain. 8-} :p

?It was not a marriage bond, just a bond created from saving a life. Since nothing was known about the Betazoid race, the High Council determined it was an anomaly and sent us off.?

Holy heck - but my crack!pairing awareness went off for a split second. AU's of a reboot with an OC. :oops:

?The narrowing of your eyes in regards to anything that angers you. My Jim was quite afraid of that look whenever you had it.? Huffing silently, she looked at him to continue.

[face_laugh] I can't say I blame him. [face_mischief]

I never knew the meaning of love, however I knew of the nights you spent with the Captain. You were in essence his first and only true love.

He never married, and died christening a new Enterprise. Your position as an intelligence agent was never revealed to the Captain, a friend to us both. I, however, found out through the mind meld. Your captaincy was a cover for one of the most admirable and deadly network of agents ever to be heard of. In my time you were an admirable and formidable leader.

Oh! My heartstrings! Poor TOS Kirk/Audrey. :(

Who I would really like to see from you, now . . . [face_batting]

?Was to be expected,? she replied, wiping the tears from her face. Her shields were down and she needed mediation to get them back up. ?I do have a question though.?

Aww!! e-[:D]!!!

AA.

Audrey and Auriana. Her father had always said that his double A?s are what got him through every mission.

Aaaaand I'm goo! That was perfect/ [face_love]

A holding cell with a star map in front of her and she knew right away who was reaching out to her.

?Mom??

[face_hypnotized]

MOOOOOOOOOOOORE!! [face_dancing]

=D=

~MJ @};-

17. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    First off, I want to say thank you all for bearing with me. I have been without internet since about mid August, and I am working diligently on this story because I have so much planned for this series!

Secondly, I want to give you my deep, heartfelt thanks for nominating and voting Audrey Pearce as the Best OC. She came to me in one of the toughest times in my life, and had stuck with me. She is near and dear to my heart and I am so happy you guys took to her.

Audrey is the one who basically gave me the strength she has, and boom here she is, winning best OC. So I thank all of you for everything and once I get internet back, look for more!

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations! Shannon! On Best OC! [:D] [:D] I'd curl up and die if I had to go without Internet :eek: :eek: !!

But back to Audrey, I love her like Liz, which is to say, she's totally canon. I have to remember to put that in my authorly notes [face_laugh] (Oh yeah, I forgot) ;)

She's everything Jim deserves with his fine self.

:D

19. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Wait... what's this an update?!

Why yes it is! Here starts the fun!

Chp. 12 Communication of the Unknown

Kodos watched as the Romulans and Klingons tried to get along, growling back and forth at each other. They both wanted to wage war on the Federation and just needed a fearless leader - who just happened to be a telepath, who could predict the opponent?s moves before they happened.

Flicking his black eyes to the astrometrics chart before him, he calculated how much longer he could wait for the virus to be replicated. Kidnapping the doctor had been an ingenious plan, especially when the Federation sent her own daughter after her.

The tyrant knew about the assignment Commander Pearce was supposed to have before he took her mother. She was supposed to be on the Enterprise, third in command to Christopher Pike. Smiling thinly, he remembered hearing how James T. Kirk saved the day and now was the Captain of said Enterprise.

Soon it would be time for his revenge - revenge on the boy who had taken his reign away from him. Closing his eyes, he centered on the people around him and felt an unfamiliar presence. It wasn?t on board this war bird, but somewhere else.

Someone was communicating with another empath. He knew of only one person who could possibly communicate and she was supposed to working on the virus.

Kodos felt the connection and entered it, reveling in the strong bond parents had with their children. Even across far distances, for instance from inside Klingon territory to New Vulcan, 2000 light years away, parents could communicate telepathically with their children.

I see you have disobeyed my direct orders, Doctor.

He saw the petite form of Commander Pearce, in a Vulcan antechamber, eyes wide open at him then smiled.

I forgot you were a telepath, Kodos. It looks like I have the pleasure of finally meeting you.

It was then that he realized she was in full Starfleet uniform, wearing the stripes of a commander.

Oh yes, I forgot to tell you. Your minions failed to kill me on Delta Vega, and they probably failed to mention it was the Enterprise that rescued me.

Trying not to swear, Kodos realized she was hiding something, both of them were. It was time to give them the ultimatum.

Stay out of my way, Commander or there will more deaths on your conscience.

The anger starting to seep into the bond, then it was tightly controlled. She was using him, and he couldn?t figure what she wanted. She may [have been] communicating with her mother over a bond, but Pearce?s mental shields were as strong as ever.

Not bad for a half Betazoid Commander.

You underestimate me, Kodos. You may be in the bond, trying to figure out what I?m doing but as we speak, the Enterprise will be within range. We have put other ships on alert, to help us. I think once the Romulans and the Klingons figure out you have deceived them, your firepower will be diminished.

You have no such power, Commander. Your mother is here with me. If you interfere in any way, she will die.

If she dies, Kodos, so does your plan. What happens when that virus gets out of control? Who do you have around you that could possibly figure out a vaccine?

His anger started bubbling out, spilling out in the telepathic link. His anger overtook his entire psyche and soon he dropped the link.

Kodos closed his eyes, breathing in and out. Pearce was right in one aspect; his hostages were the only leverage he had over the Enterprise. Looking up, he surveyed the guards. Romulans and Klingons working together, something no one had ever seen before.

Soon he would have the power to unite even more warring nations. He would make everyone see his crimes were not crimes. They were only the start to a powerful civilization.

Moving to his seat on the bridge, he stared at the vast expanse of stars before him. ?Sybok, move us out of Klingon Territory and into the Neutral Zone. From there, the Federation.?

The Vulcan raised an eyebrow in response and nodded. Kodos grinned, waiting. ?Engage, Sybok. It?s ti

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb update, Master Jay! =D=

Kodos - the slug-worm of the ST -verse: where Palpy blends with Nom Anor for one big yuck factor!

:p

Oooh, running against time, just a wee bit? [face_worried] !!!

Jim shines in that kinda sitch, and that is a fact! :D !!

YES! The J/A bond has formed spontaneously!

A seven-letter word for that? DESTINY! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Woot, woot!

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, they already have a bond! But my favorite part was the beginning, when Audrey and Kodos are communicating. I snse trouble!

22. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Well, after a few months, I finally started back writing. And I have an update!

yay!

Chp. 13. Battle is Coming

?Ouch!?

?Well if you stop whining, I wouldn?t have to stab you every other second.? Audrey glared at McCoy, who just smirked. ?You were in that telepathic link for over an hour, you need this medication every ten minutes.?

Her glare continued, watching as the tricorder scanned her for the umpteenth time in the past hour. ?I told you, I feel much better. My eyesight is back to normal and the intense throbbing has subsided to a... dull throb.?

?Still, your telepathy had its effects on others.? Audrey cocked her head, trying to figure out what the doctor was trying to say. ?Did you not realize you have formed a bond with Jim??

?I? WHAT?!? The nurses jumped at her exclamation, while Bones sat on the bed next to her. Realizing he was serious, she closed her eyes and reached out. That?s when she felt it, Jim's emotions, swirling all around her. She was in his mind and she was floored. Backing out carefully, Audrey looked at the doctor and sighed. ?I didn?t mean to. You must know that.?

He nodded. ?I suspect it was from when you helped with the nightmare. It was deep enough to bond you two.?

The Commander narrowed her eyes. ?How do you know so much about bonds??

?I am a hybrid specialist, and as Chief Medical Officer on board the Enterprise I have to be.? Audrey opened her mouth and then closed it.

?I knew you were the best, to be on the Enterprise you have to be, but I didn?t realize your specialties ranged that far.?

?I was the top neurosurgeon on the East Coast, and I have credentials in xenobiology and hybrid physiology.? Audrey jaw dropped. The doctor was a gifted man and he was a Chief Medical Officer onboard a starship. He could be the Chief of Medicine at any research or medical facility in this quadrant!

?I chose this after my divorce,? McCoy quietly answered. ?People tend to wonder why I do this, when I could be at Starfleet Medical.?

?You didn?t realize you needed this until you came on this ship.?

?Yea, plus if I let Jim alone with all his allergies and his tendency to get in trouble, he would be dead by now,? he replied, nodding at the readings before him. ?Everything is back to normal now. You can go bug the Vulcans and Jim all you want.?

The red head grinned. ?You?ve gotten to know me well, Doctor.?

?You are almost exactly like someone I know very well, Commander. And if I know him at all, then I have a feeling you have a plan. A crazy, insane plan that only this ship and its crew can and will pull off,? Bones replied, crossing his arms, looking exasperated.

Audrey held up her hand, silently counting her fingers. ?Crazy. Check. Insane. Definitely check. Doing this alone??

?Alone?! Are you crazy??

Her brown eyes saddened immensely, and she turned around, grabbing the yellow shirt that gave her hope. ?It?s the only way. They are going to expect us. If I go alone??

Soon the doctor stood in front of her, hands on her shoulders. ?You listen to me. I do not care if you were rescued. You have become a part of this crew.? His hazel eyes darkened. ?You have an entire team behind you, working on a vaccine to stop whatever this mad man is planning.?

The hands tightened slightly. ?You are a part of this crew. If anything I have come to consider you a friend.?

?As do I,? a voice sounded from across the room. Audrey looked over to see Spock and Jim standing there, holding PADDs and sighed heavily.

She was used to working on her own for years now. Yes, she was in charge of a team of Intelligence agents, but they were scattered across the galaxy. She had always been on her own, but somehow she knew this was different.

Feeling the apprehension from Kirk, she instinctively shielded her mind, not realizing that it could have an adverse effect on him. Noticing the small wince of pain, she let down the shields and sighed.

?Commander Pearce,? Spock said, scolding her in his Vulcan way. Audrey rolled her eyes, swinging her legs over the side of the bio bed and

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    *punches air*

It's an update! [face_dancing] And what an update it is. =D=

?I am a hybrid specialist, and as Chief Medical Officer on board the Enterprise I have to be.? Audrey opened her mouth and then closed it.

There was so much Bones-love at that moment. So much. [face_love]

Soon the doctor stood in front of her, hands on her shoulders. ?You listen to me. I do not care if you were rescued. You have become a part of this crew.? His hazel eyes darkened. ?You have an entire team behind you, working on a vaccine to stop whatever this mad man is planning.?

[face_love] That whole Bones-love I mentioned? Apparently I didn't know what love was. I do now. It was that.

I adore how easily she is being drawn into their family. Really, the togetherness of this crew is what makes them so endearing. [face_love]

?I for one vote for the entire not getting killed thing,? McCoy said, trailing behind the trio. ?Why do I know that somehow I?m going to be patching up every single one of them??

I second that, to the highest order. And yep, he better get his hypos ready. :p

?I thought I would never see the day where you would agree with me, Bones.?

Their banter! [face_laugh] It kills me dead. :p

Fantastic update, Master_Jay! [:D]

~MJ @};-

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love Bones [face_love] And Pike [face_love]

Glad to see you back and writing!!