main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Peel Me Like a Grape - oneshot for Victorian Quote Roulette ~~Author Thanks!~~

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Peel Me Like a Grape
    Author: Jade eyes
    Genre: Humor, sisterly warm/fuzzy, couple sizzle.
    Characters: Nyota/Spock & OCs (her sister & family)
    Summary: A short trip home brings confidences between sisters and after ? a happy reuniting. [face_authorly melt!]

Disclaimer: Borrowing, with indefinitely lasting love.

A/n: Ever heard the expression third time?s the charm? Woohoo!!! This is a fact.

In response to the Victorian Quote roulette, mine is:

47. "He is not to them what he is to me," I thought: "he is not of their kind. I believe he is of mine- I am sure he is- I feel akin to him- I understand the language of his countenance and movements: though rank and circumstance sever us widely, I have something in my brain and heart, in my blood and nerves, that assimilates me mentally to him."
    ~ Charlotte Brontë, ?Jane Eyre?

A/N 2: This first scene contains a part that was in my Odes ficlets thread under the theme of Sales. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!

When Nyota arrived at the jetport, her brother-in-law gave a whoop and spun her around.

She laughed as he put her down.

"You look more beautiful each time I see you, Ny." He observed with a broad grin.

"You old flirt." Kashore teased, giving him a playful swat and then squeezing the stuffings out of her sister. "He's right though." She whispered in Nyota's ear. "What's your secret?" She winked. "Behind that extra radiance, I mean."

Nyota blushed.

Then the kids descended on her with squeals and reciprocal tickles.

Later over a very tasty meal and even tastier dessert, everyone got caught up.
    Then, Nyota took the time to write a letter. Kashore gave her a meaningful glance and grinned.

The kids were outside chasing each other up and down the trees with their friends.

Nyota was wrapping up her letter with a loving closing when ndale scooted in and asked: "Who?re you writing, Auntie?"

He made as if to look at the screen. "No peeking." Nyota remonstrated. "That's not polite." She covered the screen with her left hand and shooed him away with a mock glare with the other.

Kashore, watching from the doorway, simply laughed.

Kashore and Nyota were shopping for new outfits for the kids before the next school term. They grew out of them faster than you could blink.

That done, they decided to shop for something of their own.

There were a pair of dangly silver hoop ear rings ? She bought them, while Kashore bought a set of gold bangle bracelets.

?The lingerie department is having a 40% sale!? Kashore exclaimed. ?Look at this black lace negligee! I?m getting this! Dajan will love me in it!? She winked.

Nyota bought a lilac-colored one. Kashore?s glance was pondering.

"That's a lovely little negligee." She observed as Nyota packed it away in her suitcase. She perched on the edge of the bed and leaned against the thick foam pillows. "Modeling it for anyone special?"

"Now, what gives you that idea?" Nyota retorted, snapping the lid shut and giving her sister a fierce scowl before chuckling.

"I was all in a dither when Dajan and I first started courting." Kashore reminisced after a pause. "Thought of him all day, dreamed of him all night ... recalled every look and every word when we were together -- savoring them after like the best chocolate. You know what I mean?"

Nyota sank onto the bed beside Kashore and said earnestly: "Do I ever. Every nice thing he does and says sends me over the moon. Every touch, every glance ... did you ever think I'd be so swept away?"

Kashore laughed. "When we were growing up, yes, I did by a dragon rider or a Jedi."

They laughed.

"I hoped you would be but I knew you were single-minded in your career and wouldn't give a moment's thought to love and family until long after you were situated. I just hoped you wouldn't accidentally let it pass you by."

Nyota sighed dreamily. "Instead it fell on me out of the sky, apparently."

Kashore continued: "I had a feeling even early on, that no one could ever know me as Dajan did. Not only did he

2. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm a puddle of goo... and I blame ya'll with all ya'll mush that I am in the chick flick mood.

But wow... :D=D=[:D]

Absolute love for Nyota and her feeling for Spock. I'm still a puddle of goo!

Squee! I love mush!!!

Have to go write mine!

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh my stars, reading that was like obtaining cavities and sunburn at the same time - so much blessed sweetness and sunshine within. [face_laugh]

This was adorable - I loved seeing so much of Kashore and her family. The lot of this viggie made me drawn to them, and thus Nyota, even more than I already am! The little girl trying to peak at Nyota while she was writing her love letter was priceless. [face_love] [face_laugh]

And then the ending . . .

Can I just declare myself permanent goo now, please? [face_love]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    The title of this snagged my attention immediately.

Marini was adorable.

Great sweet and mushy piece. :)

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi all: @};-

I loved this quote and writing of Kashore and her family. :) :)

And the ending melted me as I wrote it LOL

[:D] , [face_love]

Jade

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Awww. [face_love] This made me all warm and fuzzy. [face_love]

I loved the bits with Kashore's family! They were so cute! :D

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, too cute!! And the kidsw were adorable :D