main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] "put this melody in mind" a Spock/Nyota oneshot

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    ?put this melody in mind?

Genre: Romance, Humor
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: Academy days
    Characters: N. Uhura, Spock

Summary: It was all his hands' fault. That's her story and she was sticking to it.

Notes: A fun and silly, fluffy lil' viggie all tied together by a spark or two from the muse who decided to go on a shipper kick. Enjoy.

As always, a big ol' thanks goes to my beta reader and fellow uber-shipper Jade_eyes for looking this over!!!!

Disclaimer: Nothing is mine but for the words.

[i]?put this melody in mind?
    by Mira-Jade[/i]

In the end, it was all his hands' fault. That was her story, and she was sticking to it.

It had seemed simple at the time, too, Gaila was [i]entertaining[/i] in their quarters ? and after a very mortifying glimpse of her roommate and her . . . guests, she was sure to take her stack of PADDs and make a quick escape before she was asked to join in on the night's . . . agenda. The sensor labs were no refuge either. Kirk had somehow gotten wind of her schedule, and after twenty-three minutes of harassment ? [i]Amber, Elizabeth, Mina, Lucy, Kara, or Irene? Tell me I'm getting close to one?[/i] - she muttered something scathing in Flinchin about Kirk and something he didn't [i]really[/i] want to be parted from with a [i]spoon[/i] and watched as his face blanched. Who knew that the cocky cadet knew Flinchin, anyway? When Kirk made no move to leave, threats notwithstanding, she finally left herself, her eyes having rolled so many times that she was certain that they may be permanently tumbling around in her head.

While her mind was contemplating where she could go for a few hours peace until she could force Gaila's company away, her feet carried her off without any real conscious thought. Five minutes later, she wasn't really surprised when she was outside of Commander Spock's quarters. This had happened before, after all, and he was always quick to lend a quiet space for her to use. Or, as it often went, an attentive ear when their conversations went beyond his officer hours. Thankfully, there were advantages to being a Vulcan at times ? no one ever leaped to think of impropriety when these occasions arose, as few as they were.

She had the passcodes to enter, and did so. She did not look up as she stormed to the desk that he kept clear for her in main room, and placed her bag and her handful of PADDs down with more force than necessary.

She could feel his raised brow as he watched her from the small kitchenette. She thanked him for not asking ? it was something that she enjoyed about him in times like these, he knew precisely when she needed to talk and when she needed silence.

?I was just putting on tea,? he commented softly. ?Would you care for a cup, or shall I bring out the coffee??

He kept coffee for her. She smiled a bit at the thought. ?Tea sounds wonderful.? She did not need the caffeine.

The pleasant sounds of silence, broken only by his soft movements, filled the air, and she sighed contentedly when the scents of herbs and steam tickled at her senses. She took her PADDs out again, and looked at the notes she had collected from the day. ?I just needed a place to study for a few hours ? my roommate is . . . [i]entertaining[/i] again.? Her cheeks flushed darker in mortification.

?Take the time you need,? was his only reply ? his customary reply. She nodded, her eyes only flickering up once or twice to watch him as he walked about, bringing her tea, and taking care of this and that. When, finally, he moved to take the lyre that was sitting proudly in it's case on the other side of the room, her interest was piqued.

?Are you going to play?? she inquired. To her credit, she was able to keep her curiosity from her tone. Mostly. She had observed the ka'athyra that he kept on hand a time or two before, had mainly noted the way it gleamed as if often polished, and the way Spock always regarded it with something almost fond about his gaze. This was something that

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yum yum yum! I am the words, he is the song, play me! Yes, I can just bet -- and it's a safe one that she wouldn't mind at all =P~ I've always loved those hands of his -- so agile and strong yet sensitive =P~ into bucket!

Let me let you into a little secret .. all the Trek stuff posted could be S/U and it wouldn't bother me a bit!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.