main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Quadrotriticale on Guard (NWSFF OC Database challenge)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Title: Quadrotriticale on Guard
    Author: RX_Sith
    Characters: Gar Gan Tu'an - My OC, a mammoth security officer
    Disclaimer: I own nothing you recognize, except of course for Gar Gan Tu'an

Challenge #1:
    "Did You Guys Just See That?"

Select a major event from you OC's respective fandom and write a story about your OC's experience with said event with the following stipulations:

# Your OC can not get physically involved or alter said canon event

# Your OC must be either a witness, a background character, or be effected by said event

# POV Narrative is upon author's discretion

Security Officer Gar Gan Tu'an was assigned as one of the members of the Enterprise to guard the grain known as Quadrotriticale on Deep Space Station K-7. He had advanced through the ranks at least far enough to be assigned for this particularly fine assignment. He crumbled the competition as if they were grains of wheat to get a spot in front of the grain shipment storage room.

He peered warily down the hallway to the left, and then to the right, and then to the right, and then to the left, etc.... etc.... His watch on this assignment was simple if not predictable. Guard the storage room. That and watch for Klingons. And anything else suspicious.

It was an assignment that he could do in his sleep. Ah, sleep. Such a simple idea. Relaxation. Calm. Heart beat lowering. Breaths diminishing. Eyelids feeling heavier and heavier as he breathed in and out. In and out. In and out.... etc.... etc....

Hours later his eyes burst open as Kirk stormed into the room.

"Security Officer Gar Gan Tu'an," Kirk humphed out as he gathered his breath, "Please open the door to the container."

"Yes, Sir," he studiously obliged his orders as he finagled with the switches to the door. And finagled. And finagled. And finagled... etc.... etc....

Finally exasperated with his Security Officer's attempts to open the door, Captain Kirk took it upon himself to try to get the door opened.

He turned the switches clockwise, then counterclockwise, then clockwise, then counterclockwise, then clockwise.... etc.... etc....

Suddenly, out of nowhere the door opened spilling upon the unsuspecting Captain lots of furry little creatures known as Tribbles. Hundreds upon hundreds or perhaps even thousands upon thousands or perhaps millions upon millions etc... etc...

The tribbles poured out of the door atop the hapless Captain. It was a miracle that he did not suffocate from the mere deluge of Tribbles that he brushed out of the way to poke his head of the mayhem that surrounded him.

"Spock, how did all of these tribbles get here?" he asked his capable Vulcan Science Officer.

Spock broke out his tricorder and scanned the tribbles that were still falling out of the door upon the poor Captain.

"They seem to be either dead or dying," he reported, "They have gorged themselves to death."

"Hmmm... very interesting," Kirk mused, "They had all of this grain to eat and they simply starved to death. Kind of ironic isn't it?"

"Yes, Captain," Spock replied, "It is a very ironical turn of events that have caused these tribbles to be poisoned."

"And as captain, I want two things done. First, find Cyrano Jones. And second ..." (A tribble lands on Kirk's head) "... close that door," Kirk ordered his Security Officer.

Security Officer Gar Gan Tu'an struggled to remove all of the tribbles surrounding the Captain. It was indeed a very mighty task and one that he was beginning to wonder if he would ever finish as he tossed a tribble here, a tribble there, a tribble everywhere.

"Oops, sorry Captain," he replied as he accidentally tossed one back at Kirk. He resolved to gather his huge abilities together and swept a tribble here, a tribble there, a tribble everywhere. "Sorry, again Captain," he moaned as another tribble bounced off of the Captain's head.

This job was becoming more cumbersome with each tribble that he removed as it seemed to be replaced by another falling from the open door above th

2. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Great little yarn, RX. It's been awhile since I caught one of your stories.

You know, I liked the repetitions, especially the etceteras. Once in a while I do that to myself when I'm working. "Yada yada yada, you know what I mean." Unfortunately, sometimes I don't know what I mean :p

That should be added on to every job description in the world. "Oh, I drive a bus and watch for Klingons." You can never be too vigilant against Klingons.

Ahh, tribbles, the gizka of Star Trek.

There is something overwhelmingly hilarious about those visuals. I never actually saw "The Trouble with Tribbles", but somehow imagining it with the new actor is even funnier than picturing Shatner. It really needs to be a deleted scene in the next Trek, or preferably, the overriding central plot.

The idea of Spock saying "ironical" in an extremely serious manner set me off again. Hilarious [face_laugh]

[face_laugh] That's why he's the cap'n!

"Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before. And somewhere in there, figure out how to get rid of tribbles efficiently."

Funny stuff! =D=

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    rofl RX!

Like watching the three stooges -- three rolled into one :eek: [face_mischief] Yikes!!!

[:D]

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Very funny!! I especially like the guard's name :D

5. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Now that was just too cute. :)

I totally want to chase someone around with a tribble now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.