main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Reflections on Logic & Love. Post: Sept 23!!!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 27, 2011.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! That 2-fer was exquisite, and so is this!!!! [face_dancing] !!

A/N: Whee doggie! This song rocks to the Kuiper belt and back!
    Have a listen, read, and melt! Melt! Melt!

When You Say You Love Me It's theirs, every gorgeous, fantabulous word!!!!!!!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

~~~~~

I love you.

Nyota appends these words to her private messages. She says them easily but never casually.

Her eyes, tone, and sense through our connection brims with it.

The first time she spoke those words, it sang through me like a gentle melody and was as soft as a fragrant spring breeze.

It was a unique experience to speak them back - but it became easier ... It gave her intense pleasure to hear them, which was an incentive in and of itself.

Her "I love you" is tenderly empathic or infinitely grateful.

Mine is the same in return.

"So, I told the Doctor that it was hardly relevant that I could beat the 3D maze." I told Nyota one evening.

She laughed, her eyes sparkling. "He was just ripped that he couldn't solve it, that's all."

I cocked an amused brow at her.

Her laughter continued. "I love you when you say things like that ... with that way you have." She said, giving my hand a light squeeze.

"Way? Which way is that, ashal-veh?"

She grinned. "I can't say, precisely. I just know it's endearing."

On another occasion, as I traced slow, pleasuring kisses every which where, her murmured I love you! was full of deepest delight.

I paused to gaze at her very warmly. "I love you as well."

She beamed. "Every time you say that to me, it's like the first time." She breathed. "And I believe it will be so until we draw our last breath ..."

"I have no doubt of it, my own Nyota, for I believe I shall find it to be so." I responded, and continued my mutually enjoyable ministrations.

Nyota's playfulness is a source of amazement - spontaneous and vivacious.

She has indulged this penchant in the facet of a prior contracted relationship.

T'Pring - as the expression goes, was as different as night from day. I would speak to her only as courtesy dictated. My bond with her never glowed and sang. In lieu of the inner heart of Sol, it was a fading ember.

In contrast, Nyota's warmth and caring envelop one in a soft, gentle feeling of well-being, (as friends, much less as what we became to one another.)

My conversations with Nyota had begged to be lengthened and her company sought on every possible occasion.

"So, my darling, sweet heart, I guess I give you more pleasure and passion than the Queen of the Arctic ever could." She said ... smirking proudly, giving me lingering caresses. "I certainly bring out -- your loving side, quite splendidly, if I do say."

I told Nyota plainly that even when we were newly embarked on our relationship, the desire I felt from and towards her had never been nor could ever be surpassed.

She purred. "Oh! My!"

Our eyes held. I told her softly between ever-deepening, heated kisses: "There is only one you, only one half of my soul. If I had not found you, I would not be complete."

Nyota crushed me, and our bond glowed with our mutual devotion and amorous expressions.

+++++++

Vaporizes, utterly!

D'awwoon! D'awwoon!
    WEIN.

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was lovely, as was the song you chose to accompany it. :*

"There is only one you, only one half of my soul. If I had not found you, I would not be complete."

Spock sure has a way with words [face_love]

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    There is so much to love about this - and that song, it gets me every time. [face_love]

I love you.

Nyota appends these words to her private messages. She says them easily but never casually.

Perfect, perfect way to say that. [face_love]

And then -

Our eyes held. I told her softly between ever-deepening, heated kisses: "There is only one you, only one half of my soul. If I had not found you, I would not be complete."

Oh, but be still my heart!! [face_love] I think that I will join you in an evaporated mess now. [face_laugh] ;)

[:D]

~MJ @};-

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Ahh, so behind! I'm still catching up, but I wanted to stop in and say how much I liked the first post with Spock! You show is emotions very well :)

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet and lovely [face_love]

Melts[:D]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! That was a joy to do, and Nat - catching up with accumulative melting is always fun ;)

:)

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Loved this, too. :* :*

~~~

Flowers and Other Gestures

The first time I brought her flowers, it wasn't because of the need to apologize or as the expression goes: mend fences.

She was touched and saved the blooms as a keepsake.

"You are such a darling!" She murmured, holding me fast.

Her scent and her warmth across our bond were a gratifying blend, and I held her closely in turn.

Doing such things for her moves her beyond the actual value of the gift itself.

When discussing this with her at one point, she smiled tenderly. "It is a facet of being in love and loved in return."

A very intriguing one, indeed.

+++++++

A Close Call and the Aftermath

When I am on an away mission and suffer an injury, Nyota's concern is palpable and her gratitude for the medical staff's prompt attention runs deep.

However, on one occasion, she was witness to a near accident.

We were about to cross a pedwalk, and she was across the street when a speeding four-wheeled conveyance came screeching around the corner.

A child chasing a yellow ball was about to run into the street. I and two others who were nearest ran and caught him up and brought him to safety while the vehicle screeched to a stop, scant inches from us.

I had suffered no harm, and thankfully, neither had the child.

Picard and I gave him to his very grateful parent who had rushed up - apparently, he had been distracted by an argument between two older children and an attempt to settle them down.

While all this was transpiring, Nyota's shock and then subsequent relief were tangible things.

Later, when we were alone, I sensed her coiled ire.

"Nyota," I broached, reaching to take her hand.

She pulled away, which was not her wont, at all. "Don't ever, ever do that again!"

"Seek to rescue a child?" I asked, not trying to be obtuse or humorous, but seeking clarification.

"You know what I mean!!" She exclaimed. "You could have been --"

"But I wasn't." I spoke reassuringly.

"That hardly changes things! I mean, it does, but it might have gone the other way and then what --"

She broke off, and she squeezed her eyes shut against the daunting mental image.

I had been on the receiving end of her very brief annoyance; it passed quickly; usually, an apology and quiet confiding sufficed to smooth things over. I was not sure if either would do in this case.

Suddenly, she grasped me tightly, shivering as if with cold. "What would I have done if you had been lost to me?"

I stroked her hair and shoulders. "My own, I believe that, in time, you would have --"

I know that if I had lost her under any circumstances, it would have been shattering. I believed it would have been so for her as well, but I was confident of her resilience and wished to convey that trust.

Nyota glowered. "Moved on?!?! Oh, yes!! Certainly, I would have! Eventually! Scant comfort that would give me at the moment, don't you think?!"

Since I concluded it was best not to offer any more inferences on the matter, I sent her loving calm.

She withdrew from my hold abruptly and got ready to retire in uncustomary silence.

As we lay together, I refrained from holding her near, since I felt it was what she preferred at the moment.

After a few long moments, however,, she groaned and moved to enfold me.

I encircled her, pressing her tightly to me.

"I love you! I need you! Don't you forget it!" Through our connection, her emotions mirrored the spoken sentiment.

"You're not likely to let me." I proffered a light quip.

She tried to scowl but chuckled instead. "Love, I must truly baffle you at times ... but you must permit me to react strongly when it comes to your well-being or at least expect it."

"Nyota. I, for my part, do not want to seem to treat your concerns as invalid or untoward. I would not cause you pain intentionally or otherwise by my words or actions." I told her sincerely.

Her eyes softened, and her grip tightened around me. "You know what? If

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    The 1st - Wonderful gesture. I'm squeeing in delight [face_love]

The 2nd - I completely understand Nyota but Spock needed to act. I'm glad she got over it quickly. Squeeing again. :*

9. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    After reading your recent Reflections and Love posting, I have to say that Nyota's discomfort with Spock rescuing the child was one that granted, at the time she was definitely and outrightly scared at the thought of losing him. Later, when they reconciled, it seems as if she's willing to forgive him somewhat for his decision. But really, she internally will probably realize that some things are out of even her control.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hazel thanks! :* !!

RX -- very insightful! @};- And it is also this realization that fuels much of the dread of the current and any future what-ifs.

You applaud the altruism and wouldn't hold them back from it, but mixed with all that is the strong fear: One day you might not be so fortunate :( !!!

Hugs!!!

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Still catching up [face_blush]

#2: Again, I like the dark undertones and the contrast between the sections!

#3 and 4: [face_love] So sweet!! (And funny :D )

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Thanks.

A/N: I'm stoked JediLover is as - compulsive if not more so when it comes to posting fast [face_laugh] YAY!

These characters are too adorable not to! [face_dancing]

~~~

Beginnings and Closings

Nyota has told me she is deeply amused by how i make a foray into and then out of a mediating session.

"I appreciate the opportunity to help facilitate an optimal solution" or another such courteous opening ...
    "It has been very satisfactory working with persons who are willing to compromise or at the very least keep an open mind, and thus come to a viable resolution."

On the other hand, her warmth and outspokenness color her words of greeting and closure:

"I hope we can all work together for the benefit of all; after all, no purpose has been served thus far by sticking stubbornly to the status quo."

"Well... I am very pleased we were able to be of service to you, although for a while there, I must admit I had my doubts."

Her genuineness and deep sympathy make such comments better received than they might be, with a rueful laugh and appreciation all around.

These examples highlight the balance we bring to any mediating situation. It is one that springs from training and personalities, and from a profound attunement between we two.

I could not have found a more exemplary partner in work, it seems, as in all else.

++

In a Secluded Grotto

We have an anniversary on a resort world of atolls and grottos.

We dine under trees whose branches are festooned with lanterns.

My bondmate beams. "This is fantastic! We should definitely come here again."

"Yes, we should." I agree.

I gaze at her raptly. She is radiant.

A week before our departure, she saw Graeme Carlisle who was on a sabbatical.

"He certainly looks the same as ever," had been her observation. "It was very nice to see him again."

"Was it, indeed?" I had asked. I knew that Graeme at one time very likely wanted a deeper relationship.

Her eyes smoldered. "My adorable love!" She laughed. "I meant for old time's sake."

"Of course." I answered readily, holding her gaze.

"Stop it!" She had laughed again and squeezed me fiercely.

Reflecting on this conversation, I think with a new sense of wonder: "She could have chosen -- anyone as a life's partner ..."

I pull her down to the verdant grass as the waves lap the nearby shore, and the three moons rise. One is a crescent, the second at half, and the third completely full.

"You are, have always been, and will always be ... mine." I whisper, and she shivers at the reverence in my tone, as worshipful as my caresses.

"Oh yes, my precious one!" She says in a similar tone, between lengthy kisses. "Oh, yes. There's no one I would rather, could ever, be with!"

We share an enraptured glance.

"My joy of you never fades." She remarks lowly. "It seems to grow by the day."

"As mine does of you, love." I respond, and we continue with our reciprocal passionate embrace.

Her murmurs of endearment merge with the fragrant night breeze.

As the moons climb, our love expressions seem to mirror the strength of the tide and the brilliance of the moons overhead.

+++++

Vaporizes!

[face_love] !!!

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Delightful and insightful words from Spock.

[:D] :* [:D]

14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Spock's remarks definitely lend to the romance and love that he and Nyota share. And, of course she returns his love with her charms and her wit. [:D]

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the two updates. Spock rescuing a child[face_dancing] and the tender loving care of Uhura

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    #5: A trip through the air and to Lothlorien both sound fabulous!!

#6: Aww [face_love] I like the mix of sweet and funny :)

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    It was as much fun to play catch up with these. :D

Flowers and Other Gestures: This was lovely. I adored the sweet softness of it - so very endearing. [face_love]

A Close "Shave" and the Aftermath: A great whirlwind of emotions there. There was nothing that Spock could do but act in that moment, and it was interesting seeing him hand her very emotional 'worst case' reactions - a very real worry in their line of business. As always, the 'make-up' was the best part. [face_mischief]

Beginnings and Closings: Aww, its beautiful to see how well they work together - professionally speaking, as well. ;)

In a Secluded Grotto: First of all, you know that I am a sucker for setting, and I enjoyed this one especially. I liked seeing how the what-if led to an amazement and appreciation over what-was. It was lovely to read. [face_love]

Well done, all around! [:D]

~MJ @};-

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Then -- An Evening at a Planetarium

While still friends, Nyota and I took a trip to a planetarium. We talked at length about the vaguaries of planet status.

Nyota laughed and said: "One day, a planet's a planet, and the next day it's something else! Pluto's demotion -- I read in history texts that it threw the mnemonics quite off-kilter soon afterwards in science classes. I can bet nothing like that would happen in your ...neck of the woods."

I pondered this odd idiom, and she smiled fondly.

I reached to steady her over a slight declination in the pedwalk, as she was wearing heels.

The touch was light and brief, but she gave me a warm, soft look, and I received the strong impression that she enjoyed the contact quite beyond its ostensible cause.

Now - Perfectly Suited in Work & Passion

My bondmate is always moved to applaud leaders with vision and empathy. Nothing exasperates her more than infighting combined with self-interest.

She often threatens to leave the table then and there and let the combatants (her word) "duke it out) and suffer the consequences of their own "idiocy."

I endeavor to infuse a note of calm and reason into the proceedings and across to her through our bond.

She acknowledges this with a loving mental caress, and things are usually able to proceed productively.

"Love, you really know how to soothe ruffled feathers." She commented at one point.

"I am pleased that you do not ... resent it." I remarked, squeezing her.

"Why would I?" She queried. "Honestly, I appreciate it when you step in that way."

"It would definitely not be like you to do so, yet in the heat of a situation ... your openness to such is one of the things I appreciate about you." I told her frankly.

This fervent stance of hers reflects an inner fire which pervades other aspects as well.

One of these is Nyota's spontaneous and ready amorousness.

Even after all this time together, it is still a marvel that I inspire such in her.

The degree and intensity - these aspects she assures me in many ways are such that none other could evoke.

I confided on one occasion that when our relationship started, I did not know what to expect. If I had given the matter consideration, I probably would have thought there would have been a plateauing effect after a while.

Nyota laughed, with an adoring glance. "With you? Not hardly, ashaya!"

I sent an /I cherish you./ for a reply.

I did not tell her overtly that she had stirred an answering ardor in me, from the very beginning, with merely a loving word, tender look, caressing touch, or the melody of her laughter. Instead, I let her feel and know such truths through our bond and long, reverent caresses.

She basked in these utterly and reciprocated in full measure.

++++++++++

[face_love] [face_love] !!!

Squee!

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, the evening at the planetarium was lovely! The chivalry! I adored him helping down the incline, and the look. There was a LOOK. [face_love] Brilliant. :)

And then the second was just a warm cornucopia of mush. [face_love] I don't know how many ways you can say that these two adore each other, but I enjoy reading and trying to write each and every one. :p

~MJ @};-

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ginormous huggles!!

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Then -- An Evening at a Planetarium

Quite the gentleman, our Spock is. :D

Now - Her Ardent Passion, and Mine

It's so wonderful the way they appreciate each other like so. [face_love]

23. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Beautiful aspects of how their love was formed from seemingly innocuous touches to more in depth touching; both physically and emotionally. [:D]

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Spock: a gentleman and a rock steady person completing Uhura[face_dancing]

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

RX -- @};- @};- Very insightful and true. I love how your review touches on the progression, both kinds of touches, :* !! [face_dancing] & the mutuality. [face_love] !!!!!!!!!
    earlybird - thanks for picking up on both aspects: the chivalrousness and the dependable steadiness, and completion. This is the point I adore making: that she isn't doing all or even most of the heavy lifting emotionally/passionately in their relationship. Woot!

Large [:D] !!!!