main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Reflections on Logic & Love. Post: Sept 23!!!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 27, 2011.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nyota's Warmth

... is a softly surrounding envelopment in times of loss, particularly, at such times it is empathic and enfolding.

I tended to hold back a bit at such times on occasion - not shielding completely or even volitionally altogether.

Nyota's tender, dark eyes send the clear message: "I'm here for you, whenever and however you need me to be."

I stroke her across our bond in thanks and later, after a quiet conversation and/or a warm embrace, I feel renewed serenity.

She senses my profound gratitude and smiles lovingly.

It is just another instance, if I needed one, to enhance the point that I was right to insist on bonding with her, and her only, to the Council.

+++++++

A/N: This next one is completely Nanci's and ginchy's fault. I'm happy to say! I.E. Ginchy's Pleasures of Meditations - very pleasant indeed. SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Post Suus Mahna ... Unwind

The first time I noticed Nyota's observing me working out in the Suus Mahna routines, she was also working out with Gaila. She couldn't quite seem to take her eyes off me.

Nyota was very distracting in her workout shorts and tank; loose strands of her hair fell across her shoulders and clung there in gentle ringlets.

I told myself that I did not want to touch them ...

After our relationship started, she took to watching me deliberately ... and giving me relaxing massages, afterwards. I could tell this latter aspect gave her intense pleasure, as much as it provided a way to unwind after the workout.

It was during the first such occasion, incidentally, that she discovered, that yes, I am ticklish if touched a particular way.

This fact thrilled her, and she took the opportunity to indulge in mutual tickling frequently after this discovery.

Nyota's hands were light and caressing and her lips warmly urgent as she traced a heated path in many intriguing places.

"You are just too delicious for your own good." She murmured huskily at one point.

"Indeed?"

She gave one of my ears a lick and gentle nibble.

I crushed her then, and kissed her back with equal heat.

/As are you, my love./ I sent to her tenderly, and proceeded then and there to curl her toes.

+++++++

D'awwoon! D'awwoon!

Ever and always!
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] !!!!

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh, sweet delightful scenes [face_love], I so needed them today.

[:D]

3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Bold passion both before and after they met, plus massaging definitely gets the blood pumping. [:D]

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, how delightful these both are. [face_love]

Thanks for the sweet read, it was definitely what was needed for today. :D [:D]

~MJ @};-

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Spock ticklish in certain places [face_laugh] Aren't all men ticklish[face_mischief]

Lovely update

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Thanks.

:)

~~~~~~~

A/N: Dealing with the vaguaries of sorta kinda, trying not to be LOL

Note: Briann :* !!!! sweet turnabout ;) and Stefan Sloane are family friends.

~~~~~~

Bothered, Inexplicably

Sulu was in the phase of his relationship when he and Ms. Yolette Boudreaux were beginning to explore what they each felt as an initial attraction and interest, to see if it might go further.

He was speaking ruefully of Yolette's meeting someone she had dated prior, someone she had not kept in contact with, and had no interest in doing so from this point onwards.

"I told Yolette that I wasn't bothered by the incident, but still ... even though I know on one level it means nothing ... it still bothers me, for some odd reason."

"And she'll probably do something extra to make you know for sure you're special to her." Lieutenant Johnson remarked.

"It couldn't hurt, and it will doubtless wind up being fun too," Sulu grinned.

This conversation reminded me of a situation when Stefan Sloane came aboard as a special consultant to integrate new computer subroutines and failsafes.

it turned out that he was a very close friend of her brother-in-law, and his sister, Briann, had been in her sister's bridal party.

Nyota had been delighted to see him and had spent much time reminiscing and "catching up." I could tell he was more than a little enthralled by her attention.

I knew that she didn't return the burgeoning interest or encourage it; I certainly didn't begrudge him the time or her friendship. I did not question or doubt her in the slightest ...

Still, apparently, it bothered me for some inexplicable reason.

This became evident when she joined me for the evening meal in the main dining area with Mr. Sloane in tow.

"He's hanging onto her like a limpet." The Doctor commented lowly.

Jim laughed. "Not that, hardly. She wouldn't stand for that kind of thing."

"They are merely taking advantage of his brief time with us," I remarked.

"You can't tell me it doesn't bother you a little bit?"

"Of course I am not disturbed in the slightest degree."

There was no reason why it should. But as she laughed and teased with mr. Sloane, somehow ...

I asked her to stay the evening. "Unless you'd rather spend more time with Mr. Sloane, as he is leaving tomorrow?"

Nyota caught a touch of something in the tone, perhaps, or across our connection.

Her eyes widened. "Hey! You don't think I'm -- and you couldn't resent my friendship with him because that's all it is?!"

I stifled a sigh. "Nyota, I cannot explain it; there is no rationality to it at all."

She shrugged. "He has been monopolizing me, I must confess. But it was so fun hearing anecdotes ... are you thinking that if we'd socialized more back home, he and I would have become a couple? There was never a spark of that, and wouldn't be even if we spent every evening from now ad infinitum together. If you must know, I did miss you and I and our private suppers."

I was feeling more at ease with each of her assurances. Although I knew these things, on another level, it brought serenity and tranquility to hear her verbalize them.

Nyota got up suddenly from the sofa and set down her mug of tea. "If I were so disposed, I could let you stew in your own juices." She laughed and straddled me. Her hands suddenly were everywhere on me and she blew softly in my ear before murmuring: "You're the only one who can, or ever shall, curl my toes, don't you know that?"

I squeezed her against me. "Curl your toes ...?"

"Yes, love! You're quite fantastic at it and at everything else." She murmured between kisses.

She paused abruptly and smirked. "You missed me, shamelessly ... You can't stand it that I was spending so much time with ..."

I tickled her, and she collapsed on top of me and whispered while laughing: "Yes, my dearest, delicious heart, I'm just getting comfortable!"

Our eyes held for a long moment with laughter and love in the glance.

I scooped her up and in n

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Jealous Spock is adorable. [face_love]

I love it when he has trouble explaining his feelings because they're not logical.

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Jealous Spock is always fun, in any update. ;)

And yet, I enjoyed this, particularly:

There was no reason why it should. But as she laughed and teased with mr. Sloane, somehow ...

It was a treat to see Jim and Bones as annnoyed as Spock was(n't). I adored their claws going out on their friend's behalf. :cool:

And then, Spock's logical rationalization over why he was not feeling the way he was was priceless on every level. So adorable. :p

This qas quite the fun one to read! :D

~MJ @};-

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Spock ;) and his explanations when he sees Uhura with another. Adorable and so human[face_dancing]

10. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Spock was definitely acting quite "human" in this latest installment. But, that is actually a good thing, because he is half-human those qualities will ooze out every now and then. [:D]

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hazel - Thanks! :* !! I agree totally - he's just a sugar pie honey bunch! :) [face_love]

~~~!!!

Mira posted:

"Jealous Spock is always fun, in any update." ;)

Oh yes! :* :* !!! Droolicious, quite.

"And yet, I enjoyed this, particularly:

It was a treat to see Jim and Bones as annoyed as Spock was(n't). I adored their claws going out on their friend's behalf." :cool:

rofl! Rather like I'd expect Han, Wedge, and Tycho to be over Callista - because she's *not* Mara! [face_laugh] :p

"And then, Spock's logical rationalization over why he was not feeling the way he was was priceless on every level. So adorable." :p

Oh, tell me something. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] !!!

"This was quite the fun one to read!" :D [:D]

Thanks! It was a joy to write as well.

~~~!!!!

earlybird posted:

"Spock ;) and his explanations when he sees Uhura with another. Adorable and so human" [face_dancing]

LOL! Sweet skies above, this is a fact. Blimey, I just love just her name linked with his... I have it totally and indisputably bad LOL! [face_love] [face_dancing]

~~~~~~!!!

RX posted:

"Spock was definitely acting quite "human" in this latest installment. But, that is actually a good thing, because he is half-human those qualities will ooze out every now and then." [:D]

I agree. [face_thinking] I feel that it lends balance and richness to the personality in lieu of quashing those traits; it demonstrates a level of openness and safety that he can share these and avow them with her. [face_dancing] In this context those feelings/reactions indicate a depth of love that is undeniable and pervasive. Even though there's trust between them, it would be strange not to feel a qualm or to not feel possessive even when you know there's no real threat. :D

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: I couldn't not use this nummy song by Charlie Wilson called You Are, because, frankly, she is!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_love]

Linky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOcBMh3p-AM

Third scene totally inspired by "Change." [face_love] :* !!!!

~~~~~~

Then -- Taking A Leap

It was fall, the hour was late, and a light rain was falling.

Nyota and I were making our way across campus. She was humming "Moonlight Serenade".

I had spent an evening in her company much like any other; yet, the air between us seemed charged with something beyond the norm, something which she would later term miraculous and amazing.

She commented happily on the rain and her pleasure upon the impromptu shower.

Her eyes lingered on me, and mine upon her. She was breathtaking with the rain clinging to her long lashes and tangling in her tresses.
    Our clasped hands communicated my seemingly sudden and new awareness of her beauty, and her elation, much of which seemed to have to do with our being together.

Somehow, I realized, it had been thus for quite a long time for her ... and for me as well.

I brushed a few stray strands of loose hair back from her face and my hand lingered there.

Our eyes held for one breath ...

Then I kissed her for the first time.

Her delight flowed over me, and she held me tightly and returned my kiss with equal decisiveness.

I did not regret it, and her reaction the following morning led me to know unequivocally that she did not, either.

~~!!!!

Keen Anticipation and Soft Rumination

"When my sister and I were growing up, our folks would tuck us in and we would tell them "I love you" and they would say: "I love you more." Nyota related one evening when we were expecting our first child.

"Hmmm." I remarked.

She teased: "Yes, love, very sentimental of us, I know."

I cocked an eyebrow at her. "I was thinking no such thing."

She laughed.

"I do not expect to be like either your father or mine," I told her after a pause. "I'm not sure how that will unfold, precisely."

"I don't believe I'll parent our child as my mother did in all the small details ... more like broad strokes; I would expect to be somewhat like her, as you will be somewhat like your father. Friends have told me that usually parenting takes a bit of the best of how they were parented, how they wished they had been, and new strategies forged between the couple themselves."

I stroked her shoulder thoughtfully. "You are quite wise, ashaya."

"Why, thank you!" She grinned, giving me a warm kiss of thanks. "I try. I'm looking forward to this new stage for us. You'll make a super dad!"

"And how can you be so certain of that, Nyota?" I asked.

"Hey, it's you." She whispered reverently and confidently.

~~~~~~!!!!

Now - We Are Blessed

Nyota is not vain or shallow; she, however, takes pride in her appearance, with due cause.

She grimaced at the first fine lines that appeared, although I still found her features to be stunning and unchanged.

When the first streaks of silver appeared in her abundant cascade of dark hair, she ruefully commented on the vaguaries of time.

I touched and stroked its silkiness gently. I told her plainly and candidly I still found it beautiful. Her radiance is undimmed with time. My feelings for her if anything have grown stronger.

Her eyes were loving as they held mine. "You sweet ... I'll have to thank you later, properly."

"I have no doubt you shall." I answered, and she laughed.

Yet, the thought of one day perhaps being without her made something inexorable tighten within my very soul.

It was actually, physically, hard to breathe at the mere idea.

I drew her down to lie beside me that evening and called up a song I knew she would enjoy and which expressed my sentiments towards her precisely.

"Am I those things to you?" She whispered afterwards, her lovely dark eyes glowing and misty.

"Which are those?"

"The reason why you love and trust." She answered.

"Indeed you are." I avowed tenderly. "

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    The harmony of feelings between these two never ceases to amaze and inspire us. [face_love]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Spock has such beautiful words to describe what he feels and the love. They sure are blessed

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I got your emails back to back - so I got to listen to that truly delightful tune, and then read the fic to back it up. [face_love] And I am full of helium and a dozen other floating elements right now, let me tell you. [face_laugh] ;)

This was just lovely!

I liked the juxtaposition between the 'then' and the 'now'. It was touching to see those first moments, and then those moments years later, and see how their relationship has grown and strengthened. I especially liked how you did deal with the differences in their physiology here. That song is to make all things right. ;)

Just truly beautiful!

~MJ @};-

16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    From "Taking a Leap", their love started to become a proverbial "shower of affection" as the rain soaked them not only on their bodies, but inside as well. [:D]

"Eager Anticipation and Musings": Each person takes the best qualities of those who have raised them and applies them towards their children. Obviously, some things will be different, but certain rituals and things, especially considering Spock's Vulcan heritage, are those that are time honored and true. =D=

"Now - We Are Blessed": They have always been blessed; but this makes them continuously receiving the many blessings of their love for each other. Of course, as Nyota grows older, her hair, body, and external appearance will change; it's maintaining the inner strengths, beauty, charm, wit, emotions, etc. that makes love last. [face_love]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Replies

Hazel posted: The harmony of feelings between these two never ceases to amaze and inspire us. [face_love]

Thanks, and I know that's right! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] @};-

earlybird - Yes, beautiful words for a beautiful love! Indeed they are blessed, and so are we! :* !!

Mira posted: I got your emails back to back - so I got to listen to that truly delightful tune, and then read the fic to back it up. [face_love] And I am full of helium and a dozen other floating elements right now, let me tell you. [face_laugh] ;)

This was just lovely! I liked the juxtaposition between the 'then' and the 'now'. It was touching to see those first moments, and then those moments years later, and see how their relationship has grown and strengthened. I especially liked how you did deal with the differences in their physiology here. That song is to make all things right. ;)

Just truly beautiful! [:D]

Thanks!!!!! That is a delicious song and so perfectly suited! I wanted to write of their early moments and of their anticipating becoming parents :D already but the third scene with that song just added even more touchingness. I rejoice in how their love has strengthened and yet retains the wonder and celebratedness of early days. :) :) :) It is what each inspire & richly deserve!

[:D] [:D]

RX posted: From "Taking a Leap", their love started to become a proverbial "shower of affection" as the rain soaked them not only on their bodies, but inside as well. [:D]

"Eager Anticipation and Musings": Each person takes the best qualities of those who have raised them and applies them towards their children. Obviously, some things will be different, but certain rituals and things, especially considering Spock's Vulcan heritage, are those that are time honored and true. =D=

"Now - We Are Blessed": They have always been blessed; but this makes them continuously receiving the many blessings of their love for each other. Of course, as Nyota grows older, her hair, body, and external appearance will change; it's maintaining the inner strengths, beauty, charm, wit, emotions, etc. that makes love last. [face_love]

RX, this is a wonderful, insightful, lyrical review! @};- Taking a Leap: Shower of affection - nummy metaphor. Anticipation & Musings: Very true; and the kids will be enriched uniquely as a result. We Are Blessed: How very true this is, and it is those very inner qualities of each that the other cherishes with ever-deepening delight that fills their years together now and to come with more devotion and gratefulness for having found one another in the first place.

[face_love] :* !!!

~ Jade

~~~!!!!~!!

Her Ebullient Welcome

In private, I had no qualms in giving and receiving a "hello" with Nyota reflective of our relationship and our mutual satisfaction at being safely reunited. In public in contrast, I tended to be more reserved during the early days of our tour.

One time, however, after a fracas on an away mission (which she monitored as per usual), she greeted me with a fierce hug in the Transporter room, much to the undisguised delight of Jim who smirked and McCoy who just grinned.

She stepped back afterwards with a blush and started to move away.

I reached out impulsively and drew her to me quickly and gave her a quick, firm kiss. I released her with a mental apology, but her eyes were sparkling, her smile radiant, and her sense brimming with surprised delight.

Later, when we met for dinner, she smiled. "Love, I hope you're not going to regret that manner of greeting ... because I certainly don't. Feel free to do that any time you're so inclined." She winked.

"It seems to give you pleasure, Nyota," I replied. "Thus, a reasonable premise for desisting at this point ..."

She laughed. "Of course, you're just doing me a favor." She teased, her eyes loving.

I squeezed her but offered no demurral.

+++++

Sketches

Sketching Nyota's beautiful features seemed a natural thing to do since their contemplation occupied me quite frequently even during our

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I reached out impulsively and drew her to me quickly and gave her a quick, firm kiss.

I bet Jim and McCoy really enjoyed that show. I know I did. :D [face_love]

I can clearly imagine Spock doing these sketches showing the true soul of his loved ones better than any photograph would.

Lovely images that you offer us, Jade!

:* [:D]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet images and each time another aspect of their great love is shown.

And Jim and Mc-Coy reacting on it. [face_dancing] That's what I love about TOS and the new Star Trek 2009

20. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Well, ...Welcome certainly won't be the last time that Spock and Nyota show their love in front of Jim and McCoy or the rest of the crew. After all, if you can't show love in front of your friends, then it's either time for new friends or a new love. [face_whistling]

And, with "Sketches", it's very interesting that Spock has chosen moments where Nyota is showing her jubilant side while playing with Khio'ri and riding a dolphin. Both are instances of warmth, love, and fun. So, with Spock capturing that part of her, it makes it seem like he enjoys her human qualities the most. [:D]

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    The first! That was wonderful. [face_love[ Great job matching a very Vulcan sense of decorum and privacy with a very understandable display of public affection. Something tells me that such things will become more and more common. :p I loved Jim and McCoy's reaction. So much fun! :)

And the second: Oh, how adorable!! I love the idea of Spock keeping a sketchbook (obviously), and the idea of him kind of using it as a journal or way to keep such memories treasured is such a beautiful idea. [face_love]

Oh yeah, I enjoyed these so very much. [:D]

~MJ @};-

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Replies:

Hazel posted: "'I reached out impulsively and drew her to me quickly and gave her a quick, firm kiss.'

I bet Jim and McCoy really enjoyed that show. I know I did. :D [face_love]

I can clearly imagine Spock doing these sketches showing the true soul of his loved ones better than any photograph would.

Lovely images that you offer us, Jade! [:D] :* "

Thanks for saying you can imagine him doing the sketches; :) I agree that he would capture the essence and loveliness quite superbly. And as for the ebullient welcome, woot! I enjoyed that too! :D

earlybird - thanks! "great love" - yum! And it has many sweet, delightful aspects.

RX posted: "Well, ...Welcome certainly won't be the last time that Spock and Nyota show their love in front of Jim and McCoy or the rest of the crew. After all, if you can't show love in front of your friends, then it's either time for new friends or a new love. [face_whistling] And, with "Sketches", it's very interesting that Spock has chosen moments where Nyota is showing her jubilant side while playing with Khio'ri and riding a dolphin. Both are instances of warmth, love, and fun. So, with Spock capturing that part of her, it makes it seem like he enjoys her human qualities the most. [:D] "

RX, what a melty review :* :* :* !!!! Yes, and that's what makes the unreserved welcome all the sweeter :) and the sketches all the more d'awwoonish LOL I also believe he relishes the warm, lovingness, and fun because it springs from her inner overflowing reservoir of such. [face_love] [face_dancing] (Which is convenient by all that is sacred and holy because he inspires a vast majority of all three!) [face_dancing]

Mira posted "The first! That was wonderful. [face_love] Great job matching a very Vulcan sense of decorum and privacy with a very understandable public display of affection. Something tells me that such things will become more and more common. :p

I loved Jim and McCoy's reaction. So much fun! :)

And the second: Oh, how adorable!! I love the idea of Spock keeping a sketchbook (obviously), and the idea of him kind of using it as a journal or way to keep such memories treasured is such a beautiful idea. [face_love]

Oh yeah, I enjoyed these so very much. [:D] "

Mira -- Your reviews send me into synchronous orbit every time! [face_love] And LOL, are you kidding? Certainly not the last time for such a welcome, given the irresistibleness of the parties involved. :D [face_love] And that's great to hear that I balanced decorum and privacy with the need/desire to demonstrate affection. I too loved the reactions they got, totally classic. ;) As for the sketches: that is exactly the purpose they serve, and that's what makes them doubly sweet besides the fact of making them at all. :D Love, like friendships, have to be nurtured, and how verdantly theirs is, on each side. Squee! [:D]

~~~

A/N: A pure fangirl indulgence.

Her Eyes Upon Me and a Mental Exchange

One day during a shift on the Bridge, I had to work on a bit of hardware. My hands deftly turned and pulled with more than human strength to seat the circuits in their proper configuration. Then my fingers flew across the keypad, switches, and toggles to confirm that the software and hardware were in synchrony.

As I moved to retrieve a stack of 'Padds to give to Mr. Lewenson, who is in the Science Department, I noticed Nyota's glance upon me, as it had been on and off during my endeavors with the computer console.

Our eyes held for a long, gentle heartbeat or several.

I could tell what she was thinking, almost as if spoken aloud.

Nyota: He is so graceful even in just the work-aday movements of job tasks. Such power and litheness! Such beautiful, strong, yet gentle hands!

Then her mind slid into reveries of my hands upon her in leisurely, worshipping caresses.

/Ashal-veh, you are distracting both of us in this manner./ I sent to her.

Her laughter danced in her glowing eyes and across to me clearly.

/Oh, my darling! I can't wait until we're off-shift!/

/Indeed?/ I queried, attempting to

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    These mental exchanges must be a treat to watch for an empath such as Ms. Pierce. ;)

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    working and getting distractions like these[face_dancing] that's what makes time after work so pleasant[:D]

25. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Deep thoughts of love and affection lead to loads of laughs and perfection. [:D]