main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Reflections on Logic & Love. Post: Sept 23!!!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] This is what I call a fine balancing of work and play. And I do mean fine. [face_mischief]

A girl can't be blamed for looking, and the mental link was just the right touch! Yep, Audrey got a show right there, that's for sure!! [face_laugh]

Such a fun update! [:D]

~MJ @};-

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hazel: you know it. A melty one. :D

earlybird: super duper distractions LOL Time after work is pleasant indeed with no interruptions to get in the way. ;)

RX: The delight pervades, and there is gentle teasing blended with deep love. @};-

Mira: LOL. Fine is definitely the word I'd pick, too. =P~ No one indeed could fault a lady for looking, :* and I can just imagine the mental link adds a whole new dimension of playfulness and tender exchanges all while ostensibly occupied with 'regular' work stuff [face_laugh]

~~~~*****~~~~~~

A/N: More fangirl self-indulging. [face_dancing]

Her Reaction to my ... Heroism

Particularly in her behalf -- I was immediately struck with it ... it always moved her profoundly, to her core. I could feel the gratitude and the love increasing through our bond and I could see it in her shining eyes and hear it in the melody of her voice.

After Serillious, it took a whole new turn. In that circumstance, I was unstoppable and tenacious in my efforts to regain her. Afterwards, I could feel her need and delight like a constant warmth.

I spoke to her of this thoughtfully one evening as Bach filled the background.

"You never seem ... put off, for lack of a better phrase by the needed measures to procure your safety, Nyota Imzadi. I could have well imagined that beyond feeling gratitude and knowing they were necessary in the moment, you might perhaps have felt a qualm or more over resorting to physical means."

She wound herself all around me and nibbled my ear and then brushed a light kiss to my brow. I could tell she wanted to do more but was restraining herself.

"The explanation is simple enough. Everything you do in that regard comes from your love for me and it touches me deeply. It just adds a whole new reason to love you more than I already do." She answered lovingly.

"Yet," I avowed, stroking her back and shoulders, "It seems also to ignite your ... desire."

She purred and then laughed. "Doesn't everything? You're just undeniably irresistible, my own!"

I squeezed her more tightly and kissed her then, and she returned these with breathless enthusiasm.

/I do love you./ I sent to her, as these lengthened and deepened.

She did not speak or convey via thought an answering "I love you" as was her custom.

Nyota pulled back eventually to give my other ear a nibble and then licked her lips slowly, her eyes never leaving mine. Then she winked.

I scooped her up and lay entwined with her on the floor pillows, which were close at hand.

Her passionate caresses merged with mine, as my lips took firm hold of hers.

As we clung together, her answer softly came in a whisper of ineffably tender words and radiant thought, charged with adoration:

"Spock love, you are my one breath, my only, true heart and soul."

+++++++++++

SQUEEEEEEEEEE! Out. Loud.

D'awwoon! Melts!!!!!

One Breath is a Kenny G song title =P~ from the CD heart and soul. True words, and fitting too, since he is the quintessential saxophonist. :) :)

Pardon J_e as she totally evaporates into goo! [face_dancing]

[face_love] [face_love] !!!!!!!!

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    "Spock love, you are my one breath, my only, true heart and soul."

Truer words do not exist. :* [face_love]

Wonderful update!

@};-

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    True [face_dancing] delightful and so fitting for him

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Truer words have never so effortlessly flowed from Nyota regarding Spock as "Spock love, you are my one breath, my only, true heart and soul."

Positively remarkable and very reflective. [:D]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all @};- @};- [:D] That line y'all quoted - terrific stuff LOL

*~+

A/N: This marvy suggestion is from RX - an introspection blended with a heart-to-heart. :* !!!!

~~~~~~~

Heartfelt Confidence

The unforgettable day when an entire world was lost and I and my father had suffered an incalculable loss ... I reacted to strong provocation in an unrestrained fashion, to say the least.

My Father, on that occasion, did not recriminate or pontificate, neither then or when we met on a later mission to the New Vulcan colony with a group of scientists and diplomats.

I cannot deny that I had expected some such response, yet all I received from him during all our subsequent encounters was a deep sense of pride and warmth. He gifted me at that time with his and my mother's marriage rings, which was indeed astounding and very pleasing to Nyota.

This was gratifying to experience, but on a deeper level, I wondered whether my actions were just an indicator of an extreme situation and thus not likely to be repeated in future, or an indicator of a flawed grasp of Surak's tenets.

My even more profound concern was Nyota's reaction. Her empathy was unquestioned, immediate, and unreserved.

However, I did not want to have lost even a fraction of her respect and regard.

I decided a few days after our mission concluded on New Vulcan to disclose these musings to her over dinner.

After I shared these reflections, Nyota grasped my hands tightly, and her eyes were liquid and loving.

"Love is never wrong, and grief avowed is never wrong, either. One can regret one's impulsiveness and apologize for those things but never feel regret for the source, the why."

"I do not," I assured her. "And I'm resolved to act with greater self-restraint in future."

"That's all we can do, any of us." She observed quietly.

"If not for you, love," I answered softly, gripping her hands even more firmly, "I would probably have responded to my actions that day by withdrawing and going too far in the other direction. You are my balance and serenity. I have always felt this to be so, and it seems you provide this effortlessly."

Across our bond, I could feel her delight at my words. "I love you and believe in you unequivocally." She spoke with genuine devotion.

"I treasure you, completely." I replied tenderly. "Your being lost to me is the only provocation which could result in a reaction whose intensity and nature I would not be able to regret in the slightest."

"Oh you!" She whispered, touched. Then her eyes danced. "My darling love, I feel like a stroll in the arboretum..."

I assented readily. I could tell that after the stroll, Nyota wanted very much to sprawl on the grass among the flowers and fountains and share a warm snuggle with me. I could feel her intent thrumming across our connection and the eager way she clasped my hand.

+++++

D'awwoon! SQUEE!

[face_love]

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love is never wrong, and grief avowed is never wrong, either. You can regret your impulsiveness and apologize for those things, but never regret the source, the why."

Perfect it's what drives humanity.

A moving update[:D]

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, very moving. @};-

It's wonderful to be so understood.

[:D]

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was just so lovely empathetic and . . . warm. There is such a warmth in all of these, but this was just a soft, sweet warmth, and it was a true pleasure to read.

"Love is never wrong, and grief avowed is never wrong, either. You can regret your impulsiveness and apologize for those things, but never regret the source, the why."

Truer words were never said. =D=

Very insightful! :)

~MJ [face-rose]

10. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Besides the quote of, "Love is never wrong, and grief avowed is never wrong, either. You can regret your impulsiveness and apologize for those things, but never regret the source, the why."

I also want to reinstate this quote by Spock as well.

"If not for you, love," I said softly, gripping her hands even more firmly, "I would probably have responded to my actions that day by withdrawing and going too far in the other direction. You are my balance and serenity. I have always felt this to be so, and it seems you provide this effortlessly."

To me, this is the main balance that Nyota provides to Spock. Without her, he might have never got over his emotionally compromised event of losing both his homeworld and his mother at the same time. This is a very tragic event that unfolded upon him very rapidly. The way that he dealt with it when Kirk broke him was very human and very rational at the same time.

I believe that another quote from Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan sums it up best. Kirk to Saavik: "And how we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life, wouldn't you say?"

Truer words and very true to Spock here as well. [:D]

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the wonderful, thoughtful reviews. @};- @};- I too feel she provides a needed spectacular balance. [face_love]

!!

~~~

A/N: Wonderful little suggestion from earlybird-obi-wan :D

A mind meld in the line of duty [face_dancing] :cool: and Ny's reaction

Knowing the Necessity, But Still Not Liking It

We were scheduled to pick up a scientist and his life-mate on Velga III. Ta'Aiya was working on the space station and Solon was conducting medical research on the surface.

A freak accident involving one of the neural-focused instruments he was working on for the treatment of epilepsy caused his own psionic link with his lady to be muted dangerously.

They came from close offshoots of the Vulcans and Romulans, close enough so that a light meld could help obviate the risk of the bond disintegrating.

"I am not a mind healer." I told McCoy, "But I believe I can provide some moderate assistance."

"What if the link you establish with her goes too long, or she latches onto you thinking you're her bondmate?"

I pondered this possibility. In her mental disequilibrium, this might happen, although it was of high likelihood. I would establish a focused bond, not one that intruded or shared memories per se, but one which buffered, yet still had to go deeply enough ... much as a mind healer's would. A mind healer had ways to shield their own minds from being overwhelmed by the thoughts and eddies and swirls of the other's mind. I had knowledge of some of these strategies, although not the in-depth training.

When Nyota heard of this, as she did during the briefing, she frowned thoughtfully but offered no protest.

I was in the Sickbay with T'Aiya, and had to compartmentalize my bond with Nyota among other things.

I could feel Nyota's focus as she attempted to coordinate communications between the various teams working to solve the problem.

Ms. Boudreaux was working on a solution to access the neural hydroscalpel's software routines while others worked to fix the hardware.

As soon as they achieved this, a matter of a couple hours, the bond with Solon reestablished and T'Aiya's mind reknit with his, and I could withdraw unobtrusively.

At the periphery of my awareness, I could feel Nyota's jumble and tumble of thoughts about my assisting T'Aiya.

Later in the arboretum, amid the soft splash of fountains and fragrant blossoms, I broached the subject.

Nyota gripped her mug of iced mocha with caramel tightly. "I know it was necessary, and I'm certainly not petty enough to suggest you shouldn't have helped." She murmured in a tense tone.

"I was not inferring that your feelings are petty in the slightest." I assured her gently.

"Yet, still ... I felt it was encroaching on something - on what I have with you."

"Love, it is not the same type of bond in intensity or nature." I replied. "There was a somewhat moderate risk that a protracted meld might have been deliterious, but our bond was not at risk at any time. I would not have permitted such."

Her eyes were thoughtful. "I know that in my head, but I still didn't like it. I kept wanting to ... I don't know what..." She trailed off, at an uncharacteristic loss.

I remained silent but merely held her waist more firmly. She leaned into the touch greedily.

"I love you and have chosen you. Did you perhaps wonder if such a close (even transitory) link with another so like one of my own people would make me feel a lack of some sort?" I pressed.

"No. I don't think that was part of it ... it was just the mere fact of it happening at all." Nyota answered after a considering pause.

"Because," I continued, meeting her gaze tenderly and letting laughter and love flow unhindered to her. "I do not need to remind you I experienced that particular kind of bond before, and I believe you know how that compared to ours."

She set down her mug with a soft ripple of laughter, wrapped me up in a firm hug and pulled me down to the green grass. "Oh yes, my sweetest love! I know ... and I have quite a fancy for reminding you of the dif

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I kissed her passionately. "This I know to be a fact, Imzadi." I answered. :D

T'Pring[face_laugh] That one was a cool and haughty lady.

Nice blending of a mission and the reactions of Uhura

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    This was a great suggestion and Nyota's reactions were very true as were Spock's.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D

A/N: A sweet! prompt was the basis for this nummy.

Sequel to City on Edge of Forever, sweetie's POV after their safe return.

There is No Word for This.

Lying here with her nestled snugly in my hold, there is not a word for this - which she evokes.

The feel of her warmth and of her heartbeat, her soft slumbering breathing ...

I press her even closer.

Her mind seeks mine, and I send her assurances that all is well.

In the morning, she stirs in my grasp. Her eyes open and fasten happily on mine.

"Hello, my sweet heart. I feel like skipping breakfast."

"Indeed?" She had mentioned a couple days ago a craving for an omelet with extra cheese, spinach, and mushrooms.

Catching my thought, she smiles. "I can have that for lunch. I want you for breakfast." She grins and kisses me soundly.

I return it thoroughly. "Nyota ... love ..." I murmur, squeezing and tickling her.

She laughs, sensing my amusement and affection through our connection. "My oh-so-tasty! Darling!" She purrs.

*****~~~~~~

Nyota's P.S.: We came in late that morning to our shift. Oops! Not that it was the first, or last time. Given the nature of the just-concluded mission, Jim cut us some slack, I believe, and slid me a playful, knowing wink... as did Janice. I thanked her softly for keeping my station warm for me for an extra interval, and she just laughed.

+++++

[face_laugh] [face_love] !!

SQUEE!

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A touching update. City on the edge of forever was where there was almost no Enterprise to return to.

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wonderful ending to one of the most memorable adventures our heroes had.

Loved it!

[:D] @};-

17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Skipping breakfast for more romantic interludes definitely wins. [:D]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @};- Thanks!

~~

A/N: Hazel's fine suggestion-- =D= =D= A Spock/Amanda moment or sharing about childhoods.

Perfect setting - commending Grayson for effort.

A Quiet Talk and Poignant Reminder

Grayson had completed a school essay on superstrings and other matters relating to a physics underlying foundational theory. Nyota urged gently that I commend him for his effort even if he didn't get "one hundred percent."

"Not to say you wouldn't, love, but it might not occur to you - more of aguy-thing than anything else. It was usually Mom who praised our efforts, although we knew Dad was proud of us, too."

I squeezed her hand, thinking how very dear and sweetly spoken she was.

Very like my mother, I recalled. She was always one to praise and encourage verbally, feeling this was a crucial motivator, despite what I might claim or my father avow. She would roll her eyes in loving exasperation at such times.

When I shared this with Nyota and later when she heard from Grayson that I had commended his excellent performance and his reasoning abilities even on those points where the instructor might have issue, she beamed.

"Even his instructor welcomes open discussion." She commented, as she brushed out her shining tresses.

"Yes, that is much to be preferred over rote learning and merely adhering to what one thinks the instructor wishes to hear or what one believes is the most commonly held belief." I agreed, reclining on the bed and watching her avidly.

"That stifles exploration and discovery, besides free thought." Nyota added.

How very reminiscent of our discussions in our early acquaintance and friendship, I mused. I had found great stimulation in these and had looked forward to such conversations with her.

She caught this train of thought from me and smiled. "It's nice to know -- we still got it." She laughed.

Our eyes held for a long, breathless moment. "Among other things." I murmured.

She gave a squeal of laughter and sprang to wrap herself around me.

I hugged her fast, and we exchanged long, adoring kisses.

"Thank you, dearest heart, for what you said to Grayson. It means a lot." She murmured gratefully, getting back to the original topic.

"You are welcome, my own Nyota." I replied, and then we proceeded to wander quite far from the need for any verbal exchanges for the duration of the night.

+++++++

Jade has gooified, again.

Or maybe I just stay that way with these two... [face_love] [face_love] !!

Maybe? ;) Definitely. [face_laugh]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love that. Spock should do that for his son. And Uhura is so sweet encouraging him. Kids learn from positive comments

20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A wonderful family moment! :) True, Mothers do praise more than Fathers, but that doesn't mean that Fathers are not equally proud.

21. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great father moment for Spock in commending his son, Grayson. It's the little things that add up to being a positive role model for your children and I'm sure that Spock can relate to that. [:D]

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all! I just couldn't resist this one, when you read it, you'll know why LOL

Hugs!!!!

~~~~~

A Day at the Beach

We were spending a day at the beach with the kids.

I scooped Jenessa and Grayson up and carried them on my shoulders as I jogged along the beach, while Nyota and Khio'ri gathered seashells. Nyota was wearing a pastel-colored tank and short-shorts;

I was in a medium-gray tank and medium-length shorts.

She was watching me out of the corner of her eye, and I could feel her delight at my sporting with the kids as well as for another reason.

/Sweet view you're presenting to me, lover./ Came her happy thought to me.

I gave her a gentle, loving glance as Gray, Jen, and I began building sand-castles.

Nyota and Khio'ri joined us and soon we were building two or three castles and afterwards, the kids dashed into the surf to frolic.

My bondmate trailed her fingers along my arm softly, then took my hand and squeezed. "We'll swim after the kids are asleep, and the moon's starting to rise."

"That is a fine plan, Nyota my love." I agreed.

An image of her true intent came to me: with a deserted beach, actual bathing attire would be unnecessary at that time of evening ...

I gave her an astonished look.

Nyota beamed eagerly, and then chuckled on a low purr.

"Ashaya ..." I murmured tenderly, and kissed her deeply, finding myself enamored of her spontaneous passion all over again.

Later, as we dove and swam in the turquoise waters, Nyota came and wrapped herself all around me.

I gripped her around the waist tightly, capturing her smiling lips - ever more warmly and quite lingeringly.

Our bond glowed with our blissful love expressions in the dancing waves.

+++++++

Melty melt! [face_love]

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Sweet & romantic post. [face_love] @};-

Let's hope the kids don't wake up. :p

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yup swimming[face_dancing] is always nice for some mush moments[:D]

25. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Ah, the beach and the waves as they come and go. Always one of my favorite spots to go as often as possible. Nyota sure knows how to make a swim even more relishing. [:D]