main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Reflections on Logic & Love. Post: Sept 23!!!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    That was just . . . swimming. ;)

Sweet and delightful, the perfect moment to share. [face_love]

~MJ @};-

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh that was delightful and thanks! :D

This 2-fer was a delight also.

~~

Out of Touch

During an away mission, communications were hindered by deposits in the mines we were inspecting, I along with a scientific detail.

Nyota, Janice Rand, and Alastair Watkins worked tirelessly to get the programs to circumvent the jamming. They were successful to a certain degree, but the contact was sporadic, until we left the vicinity.

It was fortunate that there had been no urgent matter to arise, necissitating constant communication and instant retrieval of the landing team. Yet, the mere fact that some such occurrence could have taken place, with questionable communications, it made for quite a tense time on both sides.

The communications department worked to write in permanent command codes for just such a hindrance, so that the new protocols could be initiated immediately, thus saving time.

Nyota teased softly: "I could almost believe Mr. Watkins was ... dragging his heels somewhat; you remember that crush he had on me?" She smirked. "Seriously, I know that he wouldn't do such a thing, really, but it was very frustrating being out of touch that way!"

I stroked her shining tresses. "Are you sure that he still does not have a small crush on you?"

"Of course not. I think he's interested in Ms. Shaw. Charlotte's her first name; she works in Xenobiology. I would have thought though he would be better with Ana Escabar in Navigation... she's sweet; Charlotte's a hothead." She rolled her eyes.

"How do you know these things?" I asked.

"I listen, not on purpose, but stray comments here and there. Besides talking on occasion to the ladies in question casually ... I know how to pick up on subtle nonverbal clues, also."

"Nothing slips by you, then." I observed with affectionate admiration.

"Very, very little." She agreed and laughed. "I certainly enjoy picking up on your unique nuances, especially related to us."

"Indeed?" I asked.

"They're very endearing." She remarked, giving me a long appreciative look and a warm kiss.

+++++

Missing Her...

This includes the literal feel of her. When she is away helping with research projects or for a week's worth of seminars ... the first day apart is the hardest.

Strangely enough, holding her has become something I have become accustomed to, so that when she is absent, besides the attenuation of the bond, this is something which I sorely miss. She proves to me upon her return how very much she did as well.

The first night she is back, I hold her with extra intensity and relishment.

On one such occasion, Nyota laughed softly. "I'm not going to disappear, you know." Her sense was drowsy, but I could tell she was enjoying being in close mental and physical proximity with me again.

I eased my hold slightly. "My apologies, Nyota."

She turned in my grip and laughed again. "That wasn't a hint or a request for you to ... lighten up, love. I like it that you missed me so much and am this glad to have me back!"

"I assure you ..." I began to protest, although she could tell she had assessed the situation accurately.

She just grinned more. "Spock, my own. Admit it, you missed me ... and then let me get some sleep. The other passengers on the transport kept yapping and one of them had a colicky child ..."

I quirked a curious brow at her. "Sleep?" I queried gently, stroking her back under her sleep shift. She was satiny-warm, and my fingers traced soft circles there. Even the brief time she'd been away had been too protracted.

Nyota shivered in pleasure. "Well ..." She said, snuggling closer, as I nibbled her pulse point and kissed her throat and along her neck slowly.

"Okay," She agreed, squeezzing me in turn. "Suddenly, I don't feel so ... tired." She winked.

Our eyes held tellingly. Across our bond, I could tell her sleepiness had fled.

"I certainly do not want to impinge on your need for rest." I told her teasingly.

"You!!! You knew exactly what you were doing and

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Sure, being away just tightens the bond

Love her observations and Spocks comments ending in the delightful mush[:D]

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    The best, and only good, part of being apart is the reunion,andyou made this one wonderfully sweet.

Loved it!

[face_love]

5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, I remember Watkins! [face_love] I adore that he found his ladyfriend in this - and a hothead to match. [face_love] Reading the unsaid - that says volumes about their relationship alone. ;)

And the second - that was just infanitely precious! I loved Spock's 'logically' missing her, and how sweet and endearing the reunion was. I just loved the mental image of him holding her that much tighter. Perfect. [face_love]

Utterly fantastic, as always. =D=

[:D]

~MJ @};-

6. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    A very reflective point of view from both Spock and Nyota when they are away from each other. His looking forward to her return and then cherishing her return are both very compelling emotional responses and exchanges. Truly missing her and their connection is something that feels probably like something is lost from yourself and when she returns it comes back in abundance. [:D]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

:D I adored revisiting Watkins again :p and reunions are always sweet! [face_love]
    ~~

A/N: Common theme tying together: a meaningful memorable gift and sweet time together.

The Choice of a Perfect Ring

I wanted Nyota's betrothal ring to be something special, as she is. I found a metal that glowed and took on the ambience and sentiments of the giver.

Firestones formed the setting.

Her reaction was all I could have desired.

First Anniversary

On our first anniversary, I did not buy her a gift. I did have a gift for her, however.

It was a family grouping of her, her sister, and their parents across the years.

I had procured these over time and now had them framed in a montage.

Nyota exclaimed in pleasure. "Wonderful! Thank you, my darling!"

She presented me with a folio of classic compositions for the lyre to complete my collection.

We took a stroll along a winding path of fountains and flowering hedges.

Her hand was firmly clasped in mine.

A lake trilled and burbled nearby. We watched the moon rise over its smooth, clear surface.

We maintained a gentle, loving silence until we returned to our suite of rooms.

There, we lay tightly embraced and exchanged warm, deep kisses.

One year since our formal joining, I mused, stroking her shimmering dark cascade ... how seamlessly it had blended in with the years before that momentous day.

They all flowed together in a prismatic kaleidoscope of new and amazing discoveries about one another and an ever-deeper passion and affection.

Nyota caught this thought from me and beamed. "So, still crazy in love with me, are you?" She teased, tracing loving, lazy circles along my shoulders and back under my sleep-shift.

"Is there a reason why I wouldn't be?" I asked, teasingly.

She laughed. "I can't think of one! I'm more in love with you than ever I thought I could be!"

I squeezed her in reply, and we drifted to sleep still firmly entwined.

+++++++++

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm squeeing and melting right now :* [face_love]

Lovely moments!

9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    More beautiful and reflective moments to cherish as their love continues to grow.

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, how much you say with so few words! I adored reading this last update - especially the small section about the ring. I love that the band can hold onto feelings - how perfect to embody a relationship like theirs.

And then the anniversary was especially sweet. [face_love]

Well done! =D=

~MJ @};-

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all! :D :)

~~~~~

Enjoying Khio'ri

Khio'ri is hours old and nestled in Nyota's warm, joyful, maternal clasp.

I enter the room quietly, wanting not to disturb my bondmate's needful slumber.

She is so ... exquisitely lovely. My love reaches her across our bond and she smiles in her sleep.

Khio'ri stirs and opens her eyes to gaze at me. Those eyes are warm and richly dark, so like Nyota's. Khio'ri will - in time - "stop all lanes of hover-traffic" as McCoy would phrase it. (And did on one occasion about Nyota upon seeing her in an evening gown of richest violet. It was a sentiment with which I had been in full agreement.)

This wry thought awakens Nyota altogether, and she opens her eyes also and beckons me tenderly.

I join them on the bed and wrap them both up in a gentle enfoldment.

Khio'ri nestles snugly between us, content, and drifts back to sleep.

Before Nyota does as well, she whispers: "I adore this wee one and you, so very, very, very much!"

I kiss her softly. "I cherish you beyond words to express."

A Few Weeks Later

A Night of Much Mutual Delight

Nyota and I were tightly curled around each other and reminiscing.

"Dad and Mom still have mine and my sister's baby pictures and growing up pics as well." She grinned. "I'm so happy your Dad gave me some of yours! They're just so ... precious! I plan to have scores of pics of Khio'ri and of any future younglings that happen along."

"Ah." I teased her, tickling her waist. "Planning for more already, my love?"

She laughed. "At least looking forward to the pleasure of ... making them." She winked.

I kissed her passionately, and she returned it ardently.

"Gaila said that Orions didn't say three time's the charm when it came to love ... at least five was more like. But of course, you know Orions and their ... stamina." She told me and smirked.

"We also are known for our physical prowess." I murmured, as I kissed her slowly, up to her ear, and then back to her lips.

"Oh!" Nyota sighed and purred. "Ashaya! I do know this well, and believe me when I say, I enjoy the living proof of it!"

We crushed one another, as she fastened her lips on mine definitively ... and we loved each other tenderly and quite exquisitely, for an unknown, protracted interval.

Nyota's P.S.: If we had the Force, we'd have to shield ourselves for quite a ridiculous number of parsecs, like the Skywalkers and Durrons ... quite the boom-shagalaga of a wonderful time, as Yolette would phrase it!

+++++++++

LOL! And SQUEEE! SQUEE! SQUEE! [face_love] [face_dancing] [face_love]

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That is utterly yummy!

Loved the family moment.

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! Such great family moments here! [face_love]

I adored the first one especially - there is just something precious about those first family moments, and you captured that perfectly here. (And then the force shielding line had me cracking up! You are incorigable, and it is simply delightful. [face_laugh] ;))

~MJ @};-

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks; :D I adore those kinds of momens and as for being incorrigible - I loves it!

[face_dancing]

~~

~~~~~

Last Night Alone, As Separate

It was the night before our official joining. Nyota was with her family and guests of the bride, talking over last-minute details and reminiscing as is likely to occur on such occasions. We had spent some time with friends as well, who were still celebrating.

I could feel Nyota's eagerness and love even as she chatted. She told me later that it was nothing of consequence, just joy spilling over.

I missed her beside me and went for a stroll in a nearby moonlit garden.

Even the customary meditations didn't help; I would think of her and even though she brought serenity, she also brought much -- anticipation.

I still was amazed when I thought that we had found one another and had each come to the realization of what we wanted to mean to each other.

It could have not happened at all.

One of us could have had the realization ... and the other not.

That musing caught her attention, and within moments, she had joined me.

"I did not mean to interrupt your ..." I began as she clasped my hand.

"I wanted to be with you." She said warmly. "Very, very much. Tomorrow, we will be even more connected than we are now." She murmured happily. "Mind, heart, everything! Like a constant meld ..."

"How do you find that prospect, Nyota?" I asked, sliding an arm around her. I did not question the depth or veracity of her joy and love but wanted to be sure and provide assurances where needed.

"Wonderful! Exhilarating!" Nyota exclaimed.

"You do not feel it to be even the least bit ... daunting?" I asked. I sent her assurances that if she did, I would not be slighted.

"Not in the slightest." She beamed. "I, like my sister, never got 'cold feet' not for a second! Sharing my life with you -- I will love it! I love you, and all you have brought into my heart and life."

"I feel the same, my love." I answered lowly.

We made our way back to my suite, with her arm around my shoulders and mine still about her waist.

Whatever the custom was for such things, we were neither of us inclined to be apart.

We clung together and shared a tender good-night kiss and reciprocal "I love you."

+++++
    Melts!

[face_love]

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    SQUEEEEEEE!

Yes a lot of things could have gone down differently, but not in the Jade Verse. ;)

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I KNEW that I would turn to goo reading this one. :p But such a delightful fate that is. [face_love]

How sweetly this one felt like a 'beginning' here, even joined so as they are. There was such a wistfulness and anticipation - and in the end, while reading, I felt as exhilarated as Nyota. [face_love]

A truly lovely job with this one. [:D]

~MJ @};-

17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    The night before would lead to the many nights after with love and affection in the forefront. [:D]

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely family moment and the Force;)

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all! :* :D

~~~~~

A/N: A series through time again, which I love!

A Seeming Rebuff

One morning, when I happened to pass by Ms. Uhura in the corridor and gave her a greeting, her glance was decidedly abstracted and her tone not as warm as was her custom.

I wondered at this seeming rebuff ... I did not think I had done anything to offend or upset her?

When, suddenly, her smile blossomed and she paused. "Oh, I'm sorry! My mind was on an astrogation course assignment. Some of the more esoteric equations make my brain hurt." She grinned.

"I could help you with that, later this afternoon?"

"Would you? Thank you so! Most of my study group seems to be as lost as I." She smiled again, and we parted.

+++++~~~~

Tickets to M. Butterfly & A Basketball Match

Nyota asked me to join she and Sherralyn at M. Butterfly. They had an extra ticket for a friend who wasn't able to attend.

"Is it ..." I queried, then hesitated. "Is he your acquaintance or Ms. Walthrop's?"

I wondered fleetingly why that should signify, but her soft chuckle allayed the disquietude.

"She is actually a friend from Lisbon, who has to leave from her vacation sooner than she'd hoped to." Nyota's eyes were soft and speculative.

Sherralyn teased us after the excellent performance about her "crashing in on our date", which had me responding that this was not a date, and Nyota flushing with glowing eyes.

A week later, I attended an informal basketball match. Nyota and Sherralyn were players on one team. They moved with consummate speed and grace, "dunking all over the competition" and snagging rebounds "off the glass" in superb fashion.

For a lady who could converse as intelligently, dance so gracefully, speak many languages fluently, and sing very beautifully, it seemed Nyota was also possessed of a fine athleticism.

This estimation apparently was conveyed to her in my tone and glance afterwards, as her answering smile was radiant.

++++~~~~

An Annoying Dinner Companion & the Pleasures Afterwards

During a diplomatic mission when Nyota and I were in talks with two Viceroys and their Chief Ministers of State, we had to attend a formal dinner.

At this occasion, we were introduced to the elegant and sophisticated daughter of one of the Viceroys.

"Your Highness." I greeted her.

"Oh! You don't know how I've longed to meet one of your people." She enthused in a gush. "I've always wanted to take a trip to your home and its recently established colonies."

/Well, don't expect the Grand Tour from either one of us!/ My bondmate's thought came clearly.

I sent to her an amused, loving thought.

During dinner, the lady in question was on my other side, and she plied me with questions and leaned in closer than was necessary to hear my replies.

Later as we took our leave, she turned to Nyota, who was holding onto my hand quite possessively (more than usual), "It was also nice to meet your ... associate."

Nyota glowered fiercely and icily.

"Nyota is my bondmate, as I am certain your father made you aware during our introductions." I answered incisively, and Nyota and I left to that other's embarrassed consternation.

/If you'd clean the wax out of your ears .../ came Nyota's snide remark.

As we lay embraced snugly, I heard her whisper: "slag-sucking air-head ..."

I quirked an eyebrow at her and sent a silent query.

"That fawning featherbrain that you were stuck having to be polite to during dinner." She answered.

"You could not possibly be ... jealous, ashaya?" I asked incredulously.

She laughed outright. "Of her? What for!? Even if you were unbonded, she's not your type!"

"This is indisputable." I replied, stroking her silky curves lingeringly.

Nyota purred, running a hand up to my shoulder from my waist. "I'm the only one who can love you like you deserve, in all that word implies." She continued.

I gazed at her with passion and love. "Yes, always and forevermore, that is what you are to me."

We exchan

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, I do so adore trapezing through time with these. [face_love]

A Seeming Rebuff: Aww, how sweet. [face_love] I loved how out of sorts not having her full attention made him (the close a Vulcan will come to pouting, I'd imagine. ;)), and then as soon as she lit up, he was all instant ease. [face_love] A very telling moment. ;)

Tickets and Basketball: I LOVED the extra ticket. The 'she' and the teasing about the date. The moments before the actual relationship are so fun to explore - three years of blissful torturous build-up. Hey, it made the final product that much sweeter. [face_mischief]

As we see in the third one. [face_laugh] Sheesh, but could the lady been any more opaque with her intentions and overtures? How entirely tactless. o_O Still, seeing Spock console Uhura afterwards was entirely too sweet. [face_love]

As always, a lovely job with these. =D=

~MJ @};-

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    If only time travel could always be this sweet. [face_dreamy_sigh]

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely sweet moments and that lady[face_whistling] or was it?

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi: Thanks! I enjoyed that. The last one was especially gratifying [face_laugh]

A/N: Here's the link for the delicious song in the second part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Z2KB5SB_E

After you gooify at his and her lovely voices, ;) :* you'll vaporize again at the stunning words!

:) :)

~~~~

Concentrating ... On What, Precisely?

"Come here, please, Nyota." I requested of Nyota during a joint stint in the sensor labs, during the period of time when our relationship was still that of close friends. "There is something I wish to show you ..." I brought up a series of indicators, which could be read in one of several ways, and yet if one perused certain key elements, one could eliminate the other possibilities and come up with the correct conclusion.

She obliged, standing very close to me. Her hair was fragrant, I noted, its scent quite pleasing.

Her eyes were trained on the computer screen, and she seemed to be listening raptly to my explanations. Yet, I got the distinct impression she was not ... fully focused, altogether.

"Nyota, are you paying attention?"

"Of course! I've heard every word you've said." She smiled, a light blush touching her cheeks.

"Hmmm." I responded, deciding to take her word on the matter.

She smiled even more. "What makes you think I haven't been?"

"It was merely an impression. I apologize if I was mistaken ... please, forget I mentioned it."

"Sure." She shrugged.

I must confess, her close proximity to me was making it hard for me to concentrate on the topic at hand. I was able to do so, however, with strong effort.

Nyota's P.S.: I was actually concentrating on his voice, more than anything, and the way his hands moved gracefully and elegantly across the console. And how I just wanted to taste those lips of his! I did hear every word he said, but what I was actually concentrating on ... [face_laugh]

+++++~~~

Nyota's Pivotal Role in a Crisis

We were near the Kythurian sector of colonies; they had been cut off from main communication lines for quite some time, due to a political shift on their home world, and were only now reemerging from self-imposed isolation.

Thus, when a distress signal appeared, it was barely decipherable.

"There has been some linguistic drift." Nyota observed.

"It could be a trap, not maliciously set on their end, but there could be some unknown hazard, which has led to their need for assistance." Picard added. "If we send aid in there and expose ourselves to whatever led to their problem, then we'll need the rescue."

Jim smiled and conceded the need for caution. "That is an excellent point. We need more information before we agree to anything."

Nyota's brow furrowed in thought as she fed the new data into the translator program and into the archival records of the Kythurian language and its various dialects and offshoots.

A bare few moments later, she said: "I have enough wherein I believe we can establish a useful dialogue."

This was indeed the case. An engineering team and a medical team were sent over, when it was discovered nothing contagious or deliterious was the cause of their plight.

Later, as we left the grateful Kythurians, I found her lounging against the sofa cushions, her eyes closed as the song: "A Love Until the End of Time" played softly in the background.

She sensed my approach, opened her eyes and arms to me with a smile.

I held her back, equally tightly.

"I am glad I am not put off by the seemingly esoteric." She murmured with a chuckle. "It proved quite helpful, today."

"You were indeed integral to a successful conclusion." I agreed, stroking her hair.

"You were ... proud of me. I loved that bit of approbation more than anything else." Nyota admitted.

"Love, I indeed admire your professional skills and find new causes to do so, quite often."

The song ended, and she pulled back slightly, mischief lighting her eyes. "Spock ashal-veh ... if that was all you admired about me, we wouldn't be together right now."

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see those missions and the delight shared. ANd the music[face_dancing]

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    What a perfect blend of words and music you've given us today. :) @};-