main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Reflections on Logic & Love. Post: Sept 23!!!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 27, 2011.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    What can I add?

A perfect post for Valentines day.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: That gorgeous defining feature of soulmates comes from Briannakin's Dancing Inside.

@};-

Whee!
    LOL

Irridescent Moments

Moment #1:

Nyota stands at my side and smiles at me with her lips and eyes as I speak of the significant and inconsequential events of the day.

She makes a wry comment. I let the music of her gentle voice waft over me.

We gaze out the viewport at the patterned swirls of hyperspace and then I reach to touch her mind, my hands finding the familiar psi points.

Her mind unfolds before me in all of its richness and warmth, and then it enfolds mine like a literal embrace.

After long moments, we disengage from the meld and I stroke her cheek one final time.

Her dark eyes are filled with love and happiness.

She is inarguably exquisite to me, and her loving welcome is something I am inevitably astounded at by its nature and intensity.

Moment #2:

On one occasion, when I awaken after receiving treatment for some injury or other in the med-bay, I find Nyota's concerned gaze upon me.

Her hair falls around her shoulders in a dark cascade, and she grins. "You're awake!"

"Yes," I murmur, squeezing her hand, which has been firmly clasping mine.

She squeezes back. "I've been working on the Keldorian situation report. You'll find it satisfactory, I'm sure, despite my understandable ... distraction." She winks.

"Hmmm. With worry over me, doubtless, which has proven to be totally unwarranted." I comment.

She offers me a fierce glower and exclaims: "I'll tell you when it's unwarranted! I have implicit trust in the medical staff's skill and tenacity, but that doesn't stop me from ..."

I pull her down and kiss her slowly, thoroughly.

"Oh, no! You're not going to wriggle out of a tongue-lashing that easily." She warns, but the light in her eyes is one of laughter, and her sense across our connection is loving and tender.

I admit: "That wasn't why I did it. I ... felt you near, needed you ... I appreciate the motivation behind all of your concern, love."

"Well, once you're completely recovered, you can really thank me!" Nyota laughs.

"Consider it a promise." I answer quietly.

A day or so later, we are snugly embracing and she whispers:

"Do you know what?"

"Hmmm?"

"You're such a part of my very being that I feel like I love you with both of our hearts."

I gaze deeply into her eyes.

"That is quite an astonishing and poetic way of phrasing it." I observe tenderly, after which I give her ear a light nip.

Her smile is in her voice. "It's a defining aspect of being soul mates. Didn't you know that?"

I fasten my lips on hers lingeringly for answer and respond: /I love you, now and always./

/And I, you!/

Suddenly, Nyota pulls back slightly after a long interval of breathless, pleasant moments: "Are you sure you're completely recovered, my own darling?"

I assure her gently that I am, the nonverbal aspects of which proofs leave no room for doubt and give profound pleasure to each of us.

Nyota's P.S.: In other words, we were mutually blissified.

+++++++

[face_love]

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yum!!!! This is just completely squeelicious, Jade. [face_love] :* [:D] @};-

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Moment II was such an endearing one - I love bedside fics of any kind, and after was just as much fun. [face_mischief]

But Moment I totally took my breath away. I love the intimacy and power of the mind meld - especially seeing it in such a daily routine. It's amazing how their minds can be any more deeply entwined with the bond already in place - but then, with that aspect of their relationship, they literally are one for a moment, and it is glorious to see.

Ahem, not to gush or anything. [face_blush]

Lovely, as always! [:D]

=D=

~MJ @};-

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    You're not going to wriggle out of a tongue-lashing that easily.

[face_laugh] But so sweet [face_love]

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    "It's a defining aspect of being soul mates. Didn't you know that?"

perfect delicious moments : they are one[face_love]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi y'all:

Glad you squeezed in before the move happened. When is that exactly? :p [face_laugh]

Replies:

Hazel --

"Squeelicious" - thanks for the delightful reaction and description.

:* [:D] :* [:D] !!!!

+++++

Mira --

Hallelujah and Amen! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I too love the thought of the meld being part of their daily routine in a spontaneous exchange and outpouring of love. "For a moment they are literally one." *vaporizes!!!* And yes, it is glorious... [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

I also adore bedside vigils, not the fact of them happening by being necessary [face_thinking] but the love behind them.

Then, the celebrating and renewed sense of deep devotion and tender gratitude, which is stunning when it is felt/expressed by these two; & that lovely description "loving you with both of our hearts" is an aspect and direct consequence of the bond of lovers and of ones joined in the fashion that they are. *dreamy melty sigh*

[face_love] [face_love]

+++++

Nat --

It's a cool and great talent to be able to blend funny & sweet. Makes for a terrific relationship: humor always blended with the affection. :D

++++++

earlybird --

Sweet quote. :D And they are both: perfect and delicious.

And as for being one - [face_dancing] wouldn't be near as divine with anyone else. [face_love]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ;)

~~~~~~

Incident Best Forgotten & Not Repeated

Nyota took to the "cuddly cuteness" of the tribbles right away. She found their dove-like cooing "soothing."

"They are superb judges of character and have excellent taste." She remarked with a laugh when they showed an instinctive aversion to Klingons ...
    "They seem to have quite the afinity towards you, love!"

In the beginning, Nyota was thoughtful enough to keep them out of our living space, but eventually they overran and overhwelmed every centimeter of unoccupied space - and even encroached upon those which were.

When they were ingeniously, permanently, and ... amusingly removed, all of us were immeasurably relieved.

I asked Nyota not to acquire another furry companion any time soon.

She pretended to consider it, as we shared a spa together.

I tickled her, and the strategem worked, since she readily capitulated.

"All right! You have my word!" She laughed and kissed me softly. "You're the absolute best for cuddling, anyway!"

When decorating for our nursery, we found stuffed animals to festoon the basinet.

In a quaint shop, Nyota even found a stuffed tribble, very life-like in that when you stroked it, it emitted a gentle coo.

She glanced at me, laughter dancing in her eyes.

"Love, I am almost afraid that these will proliferate like the originals." I told her half-teasingly.

She laughed. "I guess that's out then!"

"If your heart is set on it, I suppose ..." I began.

"No, my own. It's not that big of a deal ..." She winked. "Oh!!" She exclaimed, enraptured. "A velveteen rabbit!!!"

With that particular purchase as a substitution, much to her fond delight (and my relief), both of us were completely satisfied.

++++++

[face_laugh] [face_love]

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I love cuddly creatures but I guess a cuddly Spock would take the price. :p [face_love]

10. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Cuddling with Spock for Nyota easily wins over stuffed animals always! [:D]

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    When they were ingeniously, permanently, and ... amusingly removed, all of us were immeasurably relieved.

"All right! You have my word!" She laughed and kissed me softly. "You're the absolute best for cuddling, anyway!"

loved that amusingly removed and yes Spock is the best for cuddling. But a rabbit; sure will make a nice toy for the children

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I asked Nyota not to acquire another furry companion any time soon.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] So cute!!

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

What an absolutely endearing update! Yes, the rabbit is a much preferred substitute. :p

~MJ @};-

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks - I enjoyed revisiting/expanding on tribbles rofl with implications for real/stuffed pets for the kids ;) @};-

~~~~~~

AN: This one I really loved, since it showcases how needful their connection is for a sense of well-being at all. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] SQUEEEEEEE!

An Important Lesson Learned & Exquisite Consequences

Early in our tour, we had a very enlightening experience.

It started with Mr. Schaefer suffering an injury through an unforeseen accident.

It required a procedure to realign and reattach tendons and ligaments.

It was not something anyone could have prevented, but I still felt somewhat responsible, in addition to an understandable concern.
    I was in the observation theater during the procedure when Nyota came to find me.

"I hope you're not taking this too hard." She began sympathetically. "One has to strike a balance between caring too much and caring too little; each can cause faulty judgment in a crisis." She concluded thoughtfully.

"I would hope you have higher confidence in me than to assume I would fall into either extreme." I answered.

She replied: "Gracious, you really don't need a lecture from me. I didn't come here for that anyway. I just wanted to provide moral support."

I could feel that quite clearly from her, as a matter of fact.

Before I could assure her of this, she continued. "I guess I didn't do as good a job of communicating that as I thought. What a thing for a professional to admit!! I'm happy Mr. Schaefer seems to be doing okay with a favorable prognosis and that no one else was injured." She sighed. "I'll see you later. I have work to finish in the lab."

She started to move away, simultaneously attenuating the entwinement of our connection, not coolly or even altogether, but it was ... muted.

I gazed after her. /Wait .../

She paused and gave me a questioning glance as Christine emerged to give me an update. Nyota moved closer to us, but not near enough for a touch.

Christine had been watching us and catching our nonverbal cues through the viewing pane and gave us a mutually sympathetic look.

The Doctor, who had also noticed, gave me a look as if to say: "I'm the last one to ask when it comes to untangling feminine reactions."

As soon as they had left the observation area, I continued with what I'd been about to say. "Thank you for coming. I am sorry if I seemed ungrateful or abrupt."

She smiled in understanding but still remained mentally aloof.

Her removal allowed me the time and space needed to go over the recent events leading up to the accident and implications for future missions and choices springing from even the possibility of guarding against unforeseen occurrences. One could become mired in what-ifs and could-have-beens, which would be completely counterproductive.

I saw that point of her comments, immediately. I never had perceived them as an aspersion, as I hoped she had been able to sense emotively.

I did not like the distance from her.

Within an hour or so after our initial conversation, I reached out to her.

Instantly, she was back with me again, warm and radiant.

When we came together that evening to wrap up last minute work tasks and dinner, I broached the subject by saying: "Please, do not feel it necessary to hold yourself aloof from me."

"I thought you might welcome the ..." She began, putting down her stylus, and taking a sip of tea.

I contradicted: "I did not welcome it, nor shall I ever want that much emotional space from you."

I remembered times of her spontaneous, empathic solace. It enveloped and soothed. I remembered also the time I had held aloof from her during a portion of our trip together; that had been something each of us had felt an aversion over.

In the event of there being feelings or thoughts that we did not feel able to articulate or share at a given moment because of needing to think it through, it certainly didn't need to involve a closing off in any degree.

Nyota caught this thought clearly, and suddenly she was h

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Always together, as it should be. [face_love]

So sweet, Jade! [:D]

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    sweet and a great lesson learned.

What if's; don't dwell too long on them

17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A tender and loving way to realize that even the littlest of misunderstandings don't effect Spock in his affection for Nyota. [:D]

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, that's so sweet!

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Very nicely worded! I especially liked the 'scooting in late' mornings. :p

And I especially loved the looks from Christine and McCoy when all that was going on. You have a great grasp on all of these characters - even past our two, and it is wonderful to read! Thank-you for squeezing in another gem for us. [:D]

~MJ @};-

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [​IMG]

AN: Inspired by a little something I read yesterday in RX's thread. [face_batting] The context is alluded to without going into details, which will make both flow together more seamlessly. ;)

~~~~~

More than One Thing to do with Cake Rosettes

My life-mate has always patiently let me know the preferences she holds in the areas of verbal teasing; she set the tone early on, and I followed. Eventually, I would initiate repartee as well.

The area of physical playfulness -- that took a little more on her part.

I believe she realized I had gotten it one evening when she was making a cake for the Sutherlands' anniversary. She held the pipette with rosette frosting and gazed at me speculatively.

I took hold of her wrist.

I must admit that the glow in her eyes and the silent laughter across our connection might have given her away.

Yet instead of forestalling her, which she probably half-expected, I squirted some of the contents onto her lovely cheeks -- not too much -- we needed enough to cover the cake after all.

Her dark, expressive eyes opened wide in surprise as she laughed. "You!!!!!"

Her delight turned to something else altogether as I kissed the frosting off, unhurriedly.

"Oh, now, look what you've done." She breathed.

"AS you would point out, love, there are more things to do with cake rosettes than decorate." I answered, holding her fast as she slid her arms around me.

"No ... you've made me -- want to ... gobble you up instead of this delicious cake."

I gazed at her lovingly. "That is something to look forward to, then."

"Very, very much." She agreed sincerely, returning to the decorating.

At one point in time, she was quite exasperated about what she called my lack of interest and nonparticipation in physical playfulness.

I wondered aloud if this was not something she'd known or expected to encounter.

She had frowned. "It certainly sometimes takes getting used to, I'll admit. But if I were with anyone else, they might give me the spontaneous goofing around, but as for the rest of it ..." She flushed. "This connection we have -- the ways you show you love me ... I'd be so bored and unfulfilled with anybody else!"

These quick words of assurance smoothed things out between us.

Later, when the immediate situation had been resolved, she took the opportunity to express her joy of us in a more leisurely, unspoken, but very clear fashion.

+++++++

Tag list:

Hazel

RX_Sith

NYCitygurl

earlybird-obi-wan

Huggles!!!!!!!!!

RX_Sith likes this.
  21. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Playfulness is a human characteristic that Spock had to learn from Nyota and obviously she instructed him well. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Nyota is a good teacher and Spock is a good student. ;)

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo! The ABCs of love ... graduation is near, my love ... should the teacher stand so near my love? Yuppers, she really does [face_love] [face_laugh] SQUEEEEEE!

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Aww [face_love]

(No need to tag me, though; I try to read all the Trek stories ;) )

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, it is so, soooo good to read more of these again. I have missed your voice for these two. As always, one of the most interesting thing about Spock and Uhura's relationship is just how much she brings out the best in both sides of him. I loved seeing him open up and being so playful here. It was a great moment to choose to share with us! =D=