main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Resounding Joy one shot, Amanda/Sarek.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 19, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    By Jade_eyes - Disclaimer: Borrowing & inspired, a counterpoint to Resounding Disappointments by EmeraldJediFire. ^:)^

~~~~~~

We're going to have a baby!!

How she had longed to say those words, wondered if she ever would. He had always assured her that she was - that they would ever be - enough ... turning her tummy into a myriad dancing butterflies. For a culture who didn't go in for sweet, loving words, Sarek blew that supposition out of the water. :) :) His joy reverberated across to her clearly through their connection, as he held her particularly close.

"You have brought so much to me," He murmured in her ear, making her shiver with delight and melt at the glow in his eyes.

"You definitely aren't the 'frog' my sister teased by saying you would be. Absolutely a prince." Amanda winked and laughed.

They celebrated many things that night, with consummate tenderness.

When they felt their son stir for the first time, and wound him in their filial bond of love and exuberance, it was one milestone of many: there would be others, easy and hard, but none regretted. :D @};- Amanda would prove to be the central and expressive facet of the mosaic their family would develop into.

She welcomed and embraced this role.

++++

Woot! :D

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is probably one of my favorite vignettes of yours! [face_love] I love the sweetness, and the excitement in the first line is so lovely.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! What a stunning, beautiful moment to capture. Like Nat, I loved how the first line jumped out at you when reading. Just . . . lovely. [face_love] I particuarly liked the comparing of a family to a mosiac. How fitting. =D=

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A very special moment and one that deserves a wonderful tribute such as this. @};-

Jade_eyes likes this.