main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Saving The Very Best for Last - mushy oneshot Jim/Christine :D

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Saving the Very Best for Last
    Author: Jade eyes
    Fandom: Trek 2009
    Characters: Jim/Christine
    Timeframe: Post their first 5-year-mission
    Genre: Mush! Duh! LOL
    Disclaimer: Own nothing but the words and a heaping helping of love.
    A/n: Taking their relationship to a deeper level of commitment--past the dating exclusively stage; confidings and mush ensues. Yum! Thanks for clicking & I hope you enjoy my first foray into the "You" POV. The title is inspired by Vanessa Williams? nummy song.

Thanks oodles to Ceillean for the quick beta.

~~~~~~~~~

You are amazed at Christine Chapel. Her compassion and professional competence and -- yes, definitely a factor ? her stunning good looks have always been a draw.

The last mission of mercy you were assigned to together on an away team, where you saw her rush into a school building to rescue some preschoolers trapped by a groundquake without thought of her own safety, was just another in a long list of her fine and selfless acts.

You grimace in thought as you gaze into your glass of brandy after your evening meal together. She's been loyal to you, on top of everything else. More loyal than you think you've actually deserved at times.

Being literally lost to time and space in a past Earth with the lovely and compassionate Edith keeler -- how much like Christine she was -- full of ideals and visions for peace and unity! Feeling, fearing, you probably would never see Chris again it was too easy to give into the emotions which Edith stirred - and gut-wrenching to be obliged to sacrifice her.

When you'd told Chris about it upon your return, as you had to, she'd been silent. Her eyes had shone with unreadable things ? mostly made up of understanding mixed with pain.

Then that wonderful afternoon in the holo-suite where the two of you had drunken rum cocktails out of a coconut shell and she'd been wearing a grass skirt against the backdrop of a Maui sunset -- a very unforgettable and delightful experience.

All this leading up to this evening under the full moon of Tau Beta III. The dinner had been delicious: steaks and vegetables grilled in a rich butter garlic sauce, and puff pastries filled with Bavarian cream.

There were things that were on the tip of your tongue and in the midst of your heart -- things that needed saying -- and you were afraid that if you didn't speak them now -- you never would and Christine would stop waiting and ditch the relationship -- and it was that last dreaded thought that made your mind up. What if you spoke your mind and heart and met with her mistrust and deferral? That was an equally dreaded outcome. Yet, never one to shrink back from the brink of the unknown, you looked into her blue eyes and took the verbal plunge.

"Chris, when I first met you, you were just out of a broken engagement. I told myself to keep my distance from you - then you developed a crush on Spock ..."

Her low laugh interrupted. "Nyota saw to putting the electrospanner into those works." Her eyes became fondly amused. "She's a marvelous and lovely lady, so much more right for him than I could ever have been. Strangely enough, my earlier derailed relationship didn't make me as leery of the idea as you might have expected, and by the time you asked me out I would not have been on the rebound. Tells you something about that relationship." She concluded thoughtfully.

"I think I was put off by relationships in general. And that made it easier to have a fly by night attitude to the ladies."

Her hand reached to clasp yours in sympathy. "Having a scumbag for a step dad is definitely cause enough to build a large wall around yourself."

"But not reason enough to keep it there." You admitted. "I was afraid the whole incident with the Guardian was going to drive you away completely. Just thinking of losing you -- I'd do anything to keep that from happening."

"I'm still here." She replied. Her eyes became even more like twin sapphires as she continued. "And I know how much the stars mean to you - I'm not going to

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    [face_love] He asks her to marry him...lovely.

And the You POV works nicely here. Personally, I think it's the easiest way to write anyway.

Great job you did here.
    Thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very sweet!! I love the second person - pretty unique to see around here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.