main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Shock (Sulu pov) a short dramtic one shot

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: Shock
    Author: brodiew
    Fandom: ST 2009
    Characters: Sulu POV, Kirk, Spock
    Genre: angst
    Summary: Sulu pov of Kirk emotionally compromising in the crucial scene from the film.
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Trek.
    A/N: as some of my most emotional pieces from the past have been, this was a whim. I had an idea after watching the film, again, this weekend. I was surprised that when Spock attacked Kirk no acted until Sarek. I can see shock up to the point where Spock starts to strangle Kirk, but at the point, the bridge silent. This is my take on what Sulu must have been thinking. Let me know if I'm on the right track. [face_whistling]

Shock

When Kirk was brought to the bridge, I didn?t know what to think. There he was, standing next to a stranger, being interrogated by Commander Spock. The questions Spock was asking were reasonable. How was it possible that Kirk and his mystery guest were able to beam aboard while we were at warp? It?s impossible. Yet he was here.

The strain in Spock?s voice at seeing Kirk again as well as the marvel of his arrival was apparent. The order to banish Kirk wasn?t given all that long ago. The Vulcan has enough on his mind without the obnoxious cadet is his face. When Kirk began to goad Spock my wonder turned to surprise and disbelief. The utter disrespect and visceral brutality of Kirk?s stunned me as well as many, if not all of the other bridge crew. What was Kirk doing? Was he this depraved? Was there a reason for such unconscionable behavior?

When Spock lashed out I was just as shocked. But I guess I couldn?t blame him. Kirk was asking for it. But soon, as Spock played the marionette Kirk across the bridge, it was evident that he did not have control of his actions. His attacks met no resistance. Kirk was completely outmatched, apparently in skill and obviously in strength.

No one moved.

It all happened so fast.

Brutal words met with brutal, efficient action.

When Spock finally threw Kirk onto a console not far from my navigation station, I was frozen at the sight. The commander began to strangle Kirk; to squeeze the life out of him. Someone had to do something. Someone had to stop this. This was the flagship of the Federation. Officers don?t kill each other. Klingons do it openly. Not us. My legs were frozen; my mouth, dry. I willed my leg to move. I wanted to stand. It was more than officers fighting on the bridge. Kirk had tried to save my life. He had my back on the Romulan drilling platform. I owed him something. I owed him, at the very least, an attempt to save his life.

I would try to stop Spock. Kirk had been wrong. Spock?s response was all the worse. I made to stand.

?SPOCK!? boomed a voice from behind me. I froze. Again.

Glancing over my shoulder, I saw one of the rescued Vulcan elders boring his eyes into Spock?s back. It was Spock?s father. I only knew this from scuttle but which had circulated after they had been beamed aboard.

His word was enough. Within a few seconds, Spock released his grip on Kirk?s throat. Another few seconds and Spock had resigned as Captain and left the bridge.

Stunned silence reigned.

McCoy started speaking. To my own disbelief, I confirmed that Kirk was the official captain of the ship. Pike had made him first officer. A judgment we could not fathom, but would soon learn saved Earth and the entire Federation.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very interesting!! It's nice to see things from Sulu's perspective - we don't get enough of him.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvelous and vivid. =D= Puts me right in the scene. :D

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Nice, very nice. =D=

Yuo've prefectly captured the shock that the whole of the crew - an Sulu was feeling when they watched Spock fly off the handle. A shock that moved no one into action, yeah . . . That's perfectly captured here.

Nicely done! You have a talent to latching onto many different character 'voices'. :D

~MJ @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.