main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] The Edge of Sanity and Reason - ~Dear Diary Challenge 2011~A HUGE THANK YOU!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Master_Jaina1011, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Title: The Edge of Sanity and Reason
    Author: Master_Jaina1011
    Characters: My OC Audrey Pearce, Kirk, McCoy, Spock, Uhura, the rest of the crew of the Enterprise
    Timeline: post- On the Edge
    Summary: It's Audrey Pearce's first assignment aboard a starship, and on the Enterprise the Federation's pride and joy, captained by Captain James T. Kirk. Follow her first year adventure as she adjusts to life in the unknown and leaps into her relationship with said Captain. We all know this ship is bound to bring anyone to the edge of reason and sanity...

A/N: There will angst, there will be mush, there will be humor and there will be and always shall be adventure!

Disclaimer: I don't own anything Star Trek, except for anything you don't recognize. Audrey is of my own creation!

The Edge of Sanity and Reason

1. It's not my fault

Stardate 2259.10

You know somewhere in my horribly corrupted mind I had imagined my time on the Enterprise to be entertaining, self-satisfying, and nothing would go horribly askew.

Right.

I was totally wrong. You would think I would have learned this from my four months on the Enterprise prior to my first official assignment.

Apparently not.

I, Commander Audrey Pearce, underestimated the kind of trouble this crew could get into. I also had no idea that I would be and could be part of that trouble. I may be an empath but I swear to the heavens above I do not cause trouble. I swear I don?t, because what happened today was totally not my fault.

Today was supposed to go smoothly, because I had escaped the craziness that is my mother and I was finally officially assigned to the Enterprise.

Official. Yes, this is what I had been waiting for and it only took me a year to get here. I was no longer that poor, stranded Commander they had rescued from Delta Vega. I was the flagship?s Chief of Intelligence.

That?s right, I have my own department and boy my officers are learning the hard way what working under me means. They, according to Spock, have yet to comprehend my eccentric ways of commanding my department. Ensign Friedman, so far, is the only one who does not fear me, he?s sickeningly adores me.

Ok, back to what happened on my first official day on the Enterprise and all this trouble, that I inherently caused, took place on this very ship.

You see, this crew was already used to me, they just weren?t used to this side of me and neither was the Captain. I started out my day with him barging in on me in the shower, in the bathroom we still shared. James T. Kirk does not know the meaning of personal space, even in the beginning of a relationship.

After thoroughly screaming, because he and I haven?t reached that level of our relationship yet, and causing the poor doctor to run into the bathroom and dragging out the shocked Captain, I managed to get dressed.

Only to realize the true reason Jim had come into the bathroom in the first place, to give me my uniform. I reached out slightly and caught a whiff of confusion and slight hurt.

Oh boy. My first day and I already hurt my new boyfriend. I am certainly off to a great start. After shooing McCoy away, glaring at him menacingly, clothed only in a towel, I apologize profusely to Jim who was only eyeing my form in the towel.

Clutching the only thing keeping me from being bare, I hold out my other hand for the uniform I desperately needed. Those blue eyes were mesmerizing, trapping me in his quarters, as he captured my lips is slow kiss.

Our emotions mingled, Jim bringing me closer to him, the uniform forgotten for a moment. Behind my closed eyes, I saw the different colors of the emotions around me, including the obvious discomfort of Chekov.

I opened my eyes, pushing Jim away and hid behind him quickly only to see Chekov standing the entry, door opened with other crew members gawking at us. Jim glared at the ogling people and waved the poor Russian in further to his quarters, making the doors hiss close.

I breathe a sigh of relief and knelt down to pick up the uniform Jim had dropped. Patti

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes=D= a Star Trek diary with the new cast=D= Nice begin

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy wriggles!

It's UP!!!!!!!

I now officially think of Jim with Audrey -- like I do Liz with Kyp -- always did -- but it's been stronger since their romp in the snow [face_laugh]

Woohoo!!!! [face_mischief]

Loved the oops shower bit in the beginning rofl! And I didn't know images from an empath could spill over into non-si minds and cause a fight [face_laugh] o_O
    Huggles and LOL!

If you're keeping a PM list, please put me on the top!

Audrey's the only one who can keep Jim happy on all levels. I must confess if "she's" not in the next movie, or someone deuced like her for him, it's gonna be really really Twilight Zone weired!

[face_love]

Jade

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was too funny! [face_laugh]

I liked the very SW "it's not my fault" feel of this post. Everything, from the shower (oh, what a comedy of errors that was!), to Audrey's empathy causing a foodfight, to her being assigned cleaning duty . . . Yep. I'm hooked.

Like hook, line, and sinker hooked. :D

And now this one has made me really anxious to read the end of Over the Edge. [face_batting]

[face_dancing]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Too funny!! You're off to a great start, MJ :D

6. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Great start MJ :D

can't wait for more

7. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Hey look I updated! And a new update to On the Edge will follow shortly!

earlybird: Aww thanks. I really love the new cast!

Jade: How did I know you would be happy I finally got around to this? [face_laugh]

The Jim/Audrey stuff is growing on me too, even if I will put them through stuff. You know I didn't know the thoughts spilling over was true...but I found it was. I was like score, one thing I did get right!

You know I was thinking the exact same thing about the new movie. Actually I would be more freaked out if they had someone like her in there. But it would be weird after writing so much for it not to be there...

It was def weird watching the TOS too.

Mira: Awww, thank you. I was laughing in the comedy of errors. The next entry is little less funny, but kinda relates to the last post of On The Edge I sent you.

[face_whistling]

Glad your hooked! It's going to be a bumpy and fun ride.

Nat: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed! [:D]

JediFalcon: Yay a new reader! Thanks for the reply! and thanks for reading! [:D]

A/N: Audrey's mind is a fascinating thing, and I wanted to split this up because I havea feeling the next one is going to be just as long. I want you to take guesses after reading this on what the next post is going to be. :D

2. Insane is my speciality

Stardate 2259.31

It took me a few weeks and a few trouble filled away missions to realize just how protective McCoy is of the Captain. Spock can be too, but not like McCoy.

The doctor and the captain are best friends, and sometimes act like an old married couple, which I had found amusing the first time I awoke to them bickering.

This time though, they were bickering in Jim?s living room, fighting about another away mission on a planet that could possibly kill Kirk. Again.

I sighed, finished putting my hair in a braid and stepped out in the room, where Bones (yes I have adopted Jim?s nickname) was flailing his arms wildly. Jim was standing there looking amused.

?Doctor?? I warned from where I was standing, making him stop mid rant and glare at me.

?How many times have I told you its Leonard or Leo, Audrey!?

I smiled. ?How about Bones??

?How about no?? I smiled wider catching Jim?s eye. I looked straight at Leo, meeting his glare head on. ?You know you?re going to lose no matter what.?

His gaze wavered, turning his attention back to Jim then to me again. ?I was just telling??
    ?Yelling,? Jim interjected getting a scathing look in return.

?That if he goes on this away mission, he shouldn?t pull any stupid stunts like he did on the last one.?

?Not if, Bones. I will be going on this one.? Jim replied calmly.

?As you have every other one for the past two weeks! How many times have I had to patch you up after such away missions?? I chuckled, shaking my head.

?Five, if you include the fiasco on K7,? I supplied, getting a glare from Jim this time.

?You?re not helping Audrey.?

?And this mission is purely scientific, Jim. There is no reason why you need to be down on the planet. That and I am tired on having the conn while you?re having all the fun. It?s my turn to have the fun.? I retorted, shutting both of them up.

?She does have a point, Jim. You can?t keep her up here forever,? Bone said, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

?I am cleared for full duty, guys. I am the Chief of Intelligence and the data we gather on this planet will be helpful to both my and the science departments.?

Jim looked at me betrayed and I just smirked back. This planet, Alderaan, yes the planet of Princess Leia, is the one we are supposed to explore. Unlike its namesake in the mythology of the Star Wars universe, our prior reading had shown this planet to be primitive but well versed in plant life that could help medicine.

It also had been an outpost of Starfleet Intelligence, and I was curious on why they were on this planet in the first place. It was on the outer edge of the Gamma quadrant and the Enterprise was one of the ships equipped with a warp stron

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yikes!! Not fun. I love the Audrey and Bones bonding, though :D

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    OK. That tears it. If there's an OC I love almost as much as Liz, it's Audrey. Tell you what: she ranks up there with Mara Jade for ultra-fine coolness. :* :cool: And when it comes to snark-ness, Audrey's unequalled. =D=

[face_love]

Woohoo! That was a cliffie LOL =D=

I love her resourcefulness and the doctor giving her permission [face_mischief] to use his nickname [face_laugh]

I'm not at all surprised the science types don't have hand to hand skills :p but did think McCoy would just from being "wingman" all the time. [face_mischief]

The stuff happening on the Enterprise sounds riveting too -- may we get a rundown on Jim & crew's doings up there? [face_batting] Half of that is I love Ny and Spock doing their magic. :D

These regular updates are spoiling me!

:)

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    McCoys worried that Audrey will start taking after Jim and ending up in the medward. Interesting.

11. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I am so glad you are enjoying Audrey. And Jade, thanks. It's so nice to know she's be accepted here.

Here's a short update, with more to follow later this week. This is the start of a plotline, something that will carry over beyond this. Also I promise On the Edge will be updated by next week.

Oh and I want you guys to guess what this villian is!

But for now...

Post 3, Part 1: Testing the Boundaries

I woke to the bright lights of sickbay for the second time since I had been onboard the Enterprise and groaned inwardly. I could only guess what I had done this time to be in this predicament.

As I blinked away the blurriness in my vision, I saw McCoy standing there, his usually gruff demeanor gone and in its place was relief.

Oh boy, I must have been severely injured, probably close to death, to get that look. Honestly the last thing I remember was running out the cave, catching the attention of those lizard like things. After that everything goes black.

I have a case of amnesia, which probably means I had taken quite a beating to ensure that memory loss. Never in my life had I got such a bad concussion that I wouldn?t remember how I got it. This is just great.

I looked at McCoy pleadingly, trying to get him to say something. I did a quick self-diagnosis and realized how extensive my injuries were.

I sighed, coughing a little in pain realizing that broken ribs and internal bleeding were only two of many injuries I sustained at the hands of those soldiers. Instead of waiting for the doctor to say something, I decided to test out my voice.

?Hit me with it, Doc,? I whispered, the dryness of my throat making me wince in pain. A hand shot out with a straw and I noticed it was Jim?s, drinking the water greedily.

?Easy there darlin?,? the doctor said, easing Jim?s hand away from my mouth. I tried to grab Jim with my hand, only to realize it was in a cast and in a sling. I really had a number done to me if it was in a cast and a sling.

I swallowed a little bit more, the scratchiness easing away. ?What in the galaxy happened?? I asked softly, my eyes following Jim as he moved around to where I could touch him. Just knowing he had been by my bedside comforted me in a way I cannot describe.

McCoy laughed bitterly. ?You not only saved my life, but the other two left also by the stunt you pulled,? he said, looking at the reading above the biobed and also at his tri corder. ?They captured you, forcing us to come to your rescue?again.?

I glared at the doctor. ?I told you guys not to come after me during the Kodos fiasco. Not my fault you guys wanted to play hero.? I retorted, coughing a little bit more. ?And I will be quiet now. That hurts.?

Jim and McCoy laugh at my plight when McCoy held a hypo in his hand. ?Your body is still healing, Audrey. Those warriors were lethal and we are lucky we got you back when we did.?

Jim said, his hand caressing my healing cheek, his blue eyes full of concern and relief.
    The soft hiss of the hypo in my neck did nothing to quell my fears about what exactly happened. My eyes began to droop as the pain medication set in, when I felt a soft kiss pressed to my forehead.

?Sleep well Imzadi,? Jim said making me smile as I fell into a deep sleep when it occurred to me Nyota had been teaching Jim my language. Slipping in a dreamless state, I smiled thankfully for a friend like her.

And I shall proceed to write a longer update, with McCoy and Audrey coming to an agreement about his combat skills, and the reveal about these villains!

Hope you enjoyed this very short update.

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yikes, poor Audrey!! I love seeing her bond with McCoy and Nyota :)

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew! So glad so far this is working LOL -- and my lands, but he called her Imzadi -- can I evaporate now?

[face_dancing]

And let me say Master Jay: you are so stellar at the drama/action stuff.

Very much our female counterpart to the amazing blank101.

=D=

14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    That was a great update more soon

15. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Thanks everyone for the kind replies! This update is a doozy. It deals with a lot and introduces the plot line for this diary. Hope you enjoy!

Oh and this is for the mini challenge for Feb. Love.

Post 4: Revelations

I woke up again several hours later, this time to the pretty face of the head nurse, Christine Chapel. I closed my eyes, letting my senses take over, moving the limbs I could to test out my mobility. Apparently the biobed did not like me testing that out , and started screaming. Chapel silenced them, shaking her head in laughter.

?Just like the Captain,? she said, her light blue eyes looking me over.

I huffed silently, waiting patiently for the hurried footsteps of the doctor and Jim. Soon enough, I sensed them at the doorway, their faces changing from fright to relief. I shrugged apologetically.

?Sorry, I just felt better and needed to test out my pain threshold.? I said, watching McCoy look at my reading, my eyes meeting Jim?s.

McCoy was over me in a second with his tri corder, while Jim hung back. My senses picked up on his hesitation, and my mind swirled with questions on why he was so hesitant to come in closer.

My body was still extremely sore, and it still hurt a bit to breathe but otherwise I was healing nicely. ?So what?s the prognosis, Doc?? I asked, looking at Jim?s best friend.

?Well as I predicted, everything is healing according to plan. I have only one concern and that is the residual effects of the severe concussion you encountered. The amnesia is sign of severe head trauma.?

I nodded, waving Jim in with my hand, holding it out expectantly. His blue eyes and emotions settled down some as he came to my bedside, holding my hand. I reached up to cup his cheek and stroke it, making sure he knew how I felt.

?I am so sorry, Jim,? I said, looking at him.

He gave me a wavering smile when the bridge called to him. The Captain in him took over and he brushed my hair off my forehead tenderly. ?That?s Starfleet Command. It has taken us this long to get our communications back up and running after that little skirmish.? He said, glancing at his best friend, who was now done examining me. ?Once I am done explaining to them what happened, I?ll come back and fill you in on what we learned. ?

He kissed my chapped lips, and strode out the door, leaving me and McCoy alone for the first time since the attack. For some odd reason, guilt rose up inside me and we just stood there for a moment looking at each other. I had saved his life, but at what cost?

The doctor picked up a glass of water from my bedside, his hazel eyes looking me over one last time. My arm was still in a cast and sling, but my ribs had healed to a point where they were only a bit sore from the bone regeneration.

McCoy helped me sit up gently, bringing the glass of water to my mouth. I took it greedily and wondered when water even tasted this good. Probably never but I was really dehydrated.

Now if only I could get some good coffee?

I opened my eyes, only to see McCoy?s usually gruff face contorted into an expression I don?t think I had ever seen before. Not being able to sense his emotions fully, probably had to do with my head injury, words just slipped out of my mouth.

Sometimes I really have to work on my brain to mouth filter, especially after a concussion.

?I?m sorry for scaring you,? I said, making direct eye contact with the doctor. He shook his head, placing the glass of water on the table again.

?It?s not me you have to apologize too,? he said, making me cock my head to the side trying to figure out what he was getting at. ?You scared him so bad, Audrey. I don?t think I have ever seen him that afraid.?

?Jim?? I said, surprise in my voice. The reason I had formulated my plan was to save McCoy?s life, my boyfriend?s best friend and most trusted confidant. I do not hold a torch to that. So why would Jim be more worried about me than realizing I saved the only person he cared for?

?Yes Jim! Who else would I be talking about?? the doctor replied, exasperated.

?But I thought he would be g

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Beautiful and wonderful! Terrific exchange of promises.

=D= =D=

Your insights into Jim's nature and feelings, etc. are ones that are empathic and ring so true.

I know that you have set the gold standard for how he is to be portrayed; anything less by anyone else even if it's their day job would ring false -- and work my nerve. :p

Huggles!!!!!!!!

P.S. Shannon, I like your Jim even more than Luke [face_shhh] -- he's tied with Kyp actually, right behind you know who [face_laugh] =P~

:D

Mission accomplished.

[face_love]

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, wow! :D

What a fun couple of updates! (Well, more dramatic and breathtaking than fun, but still. :p) You are certainlly dipping into an interesting for for them to figure out.

And your emotional drama is spot on! Super spot on. :D

?You?re his best friend, Leo. If it was between you and me again, I would choose you in a heartbeat. He could live without me, but you, no way. You mean too much to him.?

?And you don?t?? I looked at him, mouth agape as the rambling doctor continued. ?I may be his best friend, but you are his girlfriend. The woman who has captured his heart, the one he fought for and the one who made him admit to himself that he is worthy of being loved! Darlin? I think you have it all wrong.?

BEST exchange ever. :D

I love it when McCoy's being all straight up, and Audrey's and Jim's feelings and fears were presented in a really honest and real way. :)

?They were under orders from their superiors who were fighting us up here. They called themselves The Dominion. We finally saw a weakness, something they called ketracel-white, and rescued you during a distribution period.?

I shook my head in disbelief. Only we would stumble upon a huge army and only we would battle them. I certainly picked the right ship to be an officer on if I wanted excitement and danger. I had one more question, something that could possibly kick start my memory.

There will never be a shortage of that on the Enterprise. [face_laugh]

Very interesting few updates! =D=

~MJ @};-

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Great update

can't wait for more

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Jim laughed heartily, when I heard McCoy say ?I heard that!?

?Good!? I yelled back, ?because once I?m fully healed you?re my first victim!?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Funny and sweet and moving [face_love] I love seeing Jim and Audrey get a little closer [face_love]

20. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Jade: Awww, thanks. Jim is so much fun to write, and I am glad that post came off as intended.

You like him more than Luke. Wow I have accomplished something!

Thank you sooo much!

Mira: Well I want this to realistic and well, I'm glad I hit those nerves. The McCoy/Audrey bonding part was one of my favorites and I'm glad it came across well.

Thank you again for reading and replying!

JediFalcon:Well you got your wish, here's more!

Nat: Awww... thank you! Here's some more Jim/Audrey

Stardate 2259.65 - A Day of Remembrance

One month later, after extensive and painful physical therapy, I was basically in the shape I had been before the attack.

It also happened to fall right around my father?s birthday; a time where I liked to disappear and be by myself.

I woke up to an empty bed, for the fourth time that week, because Jim had been on Alpha and Beta shift following an outbreak of the Andorian flu, which had miraculously downed Spock, Uhura and Sulu all at once. I was fortunate enough to have been inoculated against it right after the entire fiasco on Alderaan, and hadn?t suffered any symptoms.

I turned over, cuddling under the covers when Jim?s alarm went off. Again. Groaning I got up to turn it off, wanting to sleep before my scheduled Gamma shift that night. It was then when I saw the stardate.

My breath caught in my throat, my mind overcome with memories. I berated myself on forgetting my own deceased father?s birthday and sat down on auto drive.

Every year since my father died, I had sent my mother a message telling her I loved her. It was about the only time where we actually told each other that, except for the entire rescuing her thing.

Let?s not go into that right now. It hurts to think I could forget this day.

Typing in my mother?s codes, I transmitted my usual message and told her I was fully recovered and I would be more careful next time.

I sat on the edge of the bed, just staring at the date. It squeezed my heart in pain, making me relive the most painful days of my life.

It took me a good thirty minutes to come back to reality, choking back the tears that threatened to spill. I wouldn?t cry, not here.

I got up, and went to the bathroom, reveling in the hot shower provided and dressed comfy, knowing full well I would not be returning to my quarters anytime soon. I shuffled through my closet, coming across the wooden box that held what I needed.

I opened the hand carved cedar wood chest, inhaling the smell of the cedar, smiling softly. I picked up the locket, the one I wore on special occasions. In it held the picture that would always make me smile and believe in everlasting love.

?You know, celebrating birthdays is a human tradition,? Gavin Pearce said, teasing his eccentric wife, ?So I say we hop on outta her and hit up the beach.?

?I just do not understand the necessity of celebrating another year,? my mother replied, looking down at me, my brown eyes wide with glee.

?That?s exactly the point, Auri. I?m alive and well for another year and have survived it in Starfleet. Don?t you think that is a cause for celebration?? her father replied, picking me up and throwing me in the air. I giggled, and was cuddled back in his arms.

I wrapped my arms around her neck, burying my face in his neck. ?Fine, we?ll go, only because you know I can?t resist that sight.?

My father twirled us around, talking about how he was going to show me the waves and the stars at night. It was his birthday after all, and he was going to have his way for once.

Unclasping the locket, I placed it around my neck. It held some sort of comfort for me, even ten years after my father?s death. I looked up, and saw my quilt that my father had given to me when he went away on one of his long missions.

He sat on the edge of my bed, his green eyes looking at me sadly.

?Daddy, why do you have to go?? I asked, my knees pulled up to my chest, tears spilling down my cheeks. My father hadn?t been gone longer than a month but he had told my mother an

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I loved the relationship Audrey had with her dad: so loving and mirthful and sweet!!!!!!! And the locket & quilt. Precious.

Sad that he was the glue that held the family together and now both she and her mom are somewhat lost without him even with how they connect with each other :( [face_thinking]

The talk with Jim at the end -- so happy she could share some of that and that he could make her laugh and melt. :D I too think Dad would approve & that she called him a nerf herder -- haha! loved that!!!!

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a wonderful update! =D=

It also happened to fall right around my father?s birthday; a time where I liked to disappear and be by myself.

Something that Jim could empathize with. :(

Typing in my mother?s codes, I transmitted my usual message and told her I was fully recovered and I would be more careful next time.

Sure she would. ;) :p

?That?s exactly the point, Auri. I?m alive and well for another year and have survived it in Starfleet. Don?t you think that is a cause for celebration?? her father replied, picking me up and throwing me in the air. I giggled, and was cuddled back in his arms.

It was painful to read these flashbacks - but in the best possible way. :( [face_love] Her father was warm and endearing - I enjoyed getting snippets of his personality. =D= Especially the star sighting - I was tearing up when she named it 'Enterprise.' The glimpses of her parents bond was beautiful as well. [face_love]

?Ass,? I whisper, kissing his nose. ?If you want the truth, I think my father would approve. Wanna know why??

He kissed my neck, exploring it a little, making me squirm. ?Hmmm, why is that?? I push him away to look at him.

?Because you take care of me, you look out for me.? I said, running my fingers through his hair. ?And that, Jim is all he ever wanted for me.?

[face_laugh] That was the perfect way to wrap this up - the promise of something new. [face_love]

Beautiful update! =D=

~MJ @};-

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That's so sad, I about started to cry!! I love Audrey's relationship with her dad.

24. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Thanks again guys! I will do longer replies later. but for now. A post!

I was lost.

No make that, Doctor McCoy and I were lost and it was entirely his fault. Here I was, on my first away mission in two months and what was I doing?

Walking through a forest on a backwater planet, wandering aimlessly, with a cranky old man.
    Yes this is exactly what I wanted to do planet side, while Jim was off doing some kind of negotiations.

Pushing a tree branch out of my face, I threw a glare at the blue shirt in front of me. ?This is your fault, you know,? I grumbled, ducking out of the swinging tree branch the cranky doctor sent my way.

?My fault?!? McCoy exclaimed, ?How is it my fault? You were the one who said you know where you were going??

?Yes, until you decided to take a walk in the woods!?

?The sign said to go this way, so I followed.?

I sighed, looking up the sky in prayer. ?I told you I suck at any kind of navigation. I don?t know east from west from north. As you can tell.?

?I knew we should have stayed on the shuttle,? he replied, stopping to look around.

I threw my hands up in the air. ?I wasn?t the one bored. I was perfectly fine waiting for someone to beam us up, but no? you refused to.?

Hazel eyes turned to me. ?We lost communication with the ship, what were we supposed to do??

I glared right back. ?I don?t know, wait for Sulu to come back to pilot us somewhere we had signal?? I pointed a finger to our communicator. ?And look where we are now, lost and out of range.?

?I thought you know where you were going!?

?Why would you think that? You know I can?t navigate worth a damn in space, let alone on a planet I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO?!?

The rustling of leaves behind us stopped me mid rant, my shoulders straightening. I let my shields down and made my senses take over.

?Len,? I hissed, walking closer to him. Last time I was alone with McCoy I had been kidnapped and beaten for days. Let?s just say I am not leaving his ass alone this time or vice versa.

?Ah great just what we need,? he said, my hand already on my phaser.

Two set of eyes peered at us from the bush and slowly two teenagers got out, eyes wide. Their eyes were glued on the medical kit McCoy had in his hand.

?Are you a doctor?? they asked, coming closer. We looked at each other, and shrugged.

?Yes I am,? he replied carefully. The two boys looked at each other and smiled brightly.

Before I knew it, a sack was thrown over our heads and we yet again held captive.

I have the absolute worst luck ever. Being dragged by teenage boys, and possibly bigger men were not my idea of fun. Neither was hitting every single branch I possibly could wherever they were taking us.

I am hereby requesting that I never be paired with McCoy.

Ever.

Again.

The next thing I knew I was being shoved down roughly onto a stool that had to be smaller than me. The potato sack was rough against the soft skin of my face and it was beginning to itch, so when they finally took it off, I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

It took a moment for my eyes adjust and I realized the night had fallen and I was in a small hut somewhere on this forsaken planet. It was again put on the never to visit again list.
    Suddenly, the door flew open and there appeared a stocky lady who bustled about in the dusty hut, stirring up the dirt and making me cough.

?Hey, easy there lady!? McCoy shouted, running to me. I waved him off, swallowing to block out the dirt. ?Who are you people anyway??

Beady eyes looked across the room at us, and just cocked her head. Soon enough, pitter pattering of feet assaulted my senses. I looked wide eyed at the doctor who just sighed and grumbled unintelligibly, something I might add he is extremely good at.

The lady took in the two of us and nodded to McCoy?s tri corder and med kit. ?You a doctor?? she asked, not even glancing at me.

His head tilted to the side, trying to come up with an answer that didn?t get us into more trouble. ?Yes,? he said simply, making the ugly lady burst out i

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Shannon: -- ahem! You're really, really really [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] funny!!!!!!!!

Yup, I don't think Audrey should go off with McCoy again -- rather like pairing Nikk with Liz -- great friends but he always will land her in a bucket of -- something [face_laugh]

Rifles -- indeed. Only you could pull that off and make it un-cheesy -- you, JM77, or PonyTricks. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.