main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] "then linger with the tide", a Spock/Uhura fic!gift for Jade_eyes

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    ?then linger with the tide?

Genre: Romance
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: Post Star Trek XI
    Characters: Spock/Uhura

Summary: Five times on the beach for Nyota and Spock.

Notes: A fic!git and request from the amazing Jade_eyes who wanted some fun in the sun for our favorite couple. (Ours, anyway. :p [face_love]) Due to her putting up with my misplaced commas, crazy updating schedule, and writer's block with the grace of . . . well, something very graceful over the last few years, it was my pleasure to write it out. She deserves it for her mad beta reading skillz. And awesomeness. Lets not forget the awesomeness. An important word, awesome is.

Thanks, for everything! [:D]

Disclaimer: The characters? Theirs. The mush fest? Yeah, that's mine.

[i]?then linger with the tide?
    by Mira_jade[/i]

[b]I.[/b] [i]"there's a fine line where the surf meets sand"[/i]

She watches him linger upon the fine line where the surf meets the sand.

The oceans have always fascinated him ? even before he had met her. While growing up in a sea of sand and red sun on Vulcan, the idea of such a vast holding of water, and then the sight of it, must have been awe inspiring to someone who had never seen such before. His time on Earth growing up had generally been spent in the mountains of Washington; and so upon reaching California he took to walking the beach at the end of the day more often then not.

While he had been fascinated with it before her; she thinks that he learns to appreciate it for the first with her.

As his TA, she had often walked with him on the way back from whatever establishment she had taken him to to show him the versatility of human cuisine. There had always been a careful space between them, only his warm voice on the salty air uniting them as he had gone on about tides and moons (and Vulcan had no moon was said with as much wistfulness as she had ever heard in his tone) and a hundred other technical things that had sounded magical when he had spoken.

After their first date, the walk had taken on a new significance for her as she had closed the distance between them to take his hand in hers, swinging it between them as a child may have.

?Have you ever walked barefoot in the sand?? was what she asked that first time, and upon Spock's shaking her head, she let a wide grin steal across her face as she unzipped the strappy heels that Gaila had let her borrow for the evening.

?Nyota? what are you doing?? he asked, and if she didn't know him better she would not have heard the bewilderment lingering in the back of his tone.

?Taking off my shoes,? she said simply. ?They're not made for the sand.? At least that much was true.

Spock raised a brow.

She took a few steps, relishing in the feel of the moon cooled sand under her feet. Where she stood the surf washed over her in a routine caress, like a heartbeat.

?C'mon ? you try.?

The brow raised higher. ?What is the point?? he inquired.

She shrugged. ?There is no point . . . it's simply fun.?

?Fun,? he echoed the word.

Her eyes twinkled as she reached over to pull him towards the water. ?Very,? she said with a promise in her tone; her thumbs caressed the tops of his hands, opening and strengthening the strange mental link that they were just starting to share.

He looked at her once, his dark eyes liquid in the moonlight glinting off the waves, before doing as she asked.

A moment later, as she walked into the waves with him, she asked, ?So, not too bad, I trust??

His hand tightened over hers, a smile in the brush of his mind against hers. ?It is not completely intolerable.?

She rolled her eyes fondly. ?High praise indeed.?

[b]II[/b]. [i]?if these seas are healing waters, let me build my castles to the skies . . .?[/i]

Their first mission together is of the ribbon cutting variety on the planet of Sarellia. It was supposed to be a simple thing for a crew who had just literally experienced the meaning of

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh wow wow wow!

Stunning scenery -- sweet warm gentle moments giving way to downright teasing.

[face_dancing]
    I. Cuteness. :* :*
    II. I can so see Liz doing that to Kyp.
    III. Pink water -- rather offputting LOL
    [face_laugh]

IV. Wonderful break after Serillious.

V. Ooh, coolest bushel of beans! Garbonzo, lima, green and wax -- make a four bean salad out of itt. [face_laugh]

Yumsy!!!!!!

Yeah, Miranda, I think I want a whole chocolate factory's worth of "candy" Spock =P~

And I love Uhura more with each breath I take literally.

I even like the look and sound of their names spoken in the same sentence.

THEY'RE TOGETHER, ACTUALLY! Sheer, miraculous blessedness!!!!!!!!!

Erm....

I'm still stoked.

Thank you for this delectable scrumptchie.

[face_love]

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I love the format you've chosen for this! I must say, you always do the most interesting things, style-wise, with your fics... :p :D

Anyways - love them! So adorable, so lovely, so beautiful, so... so many things. [face_love] It's such a nice gift for Deb! =D= [:D]

4. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    =P~[face_love]

There are so many things I love about this. So many things.

You actually made me want to go to the beach (I totally would since I am off but alas no gas, no money :oops:) Your descriptions of each beach, each planet brought to that place, wishing it was actually real.

I also love how you had Nyota bring out the human in Spock!

I think you made me love these two even more!!!

=D=

And yes Jade is awesome. But so are you! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.