main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Time's Myriad Blessings (viggie)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Time's Myriad Blessings
    Author: jade eyes
    Fandom: Star Trek
    Characters: Both Spocks & their respective beloveds
    Disclaimer: Don't own a thing, but lands, I love these characters & adore writing their mush!!!!!!!
    Summary: How the time change affected loving relationships for the nummy & explores the rightness of destiny for all concerned.
    A/N: Mental communication is in between slashes. Mira_Jade's drabble, "Haunting" has inspired this fangirl indulgence.

Spock/Saavik

It was two standard weeks since the establishment of the new Vulcan colony. And, of course, everything was running most efficiently. On a daily basis, arrivals from other star sectors were welcomed with understated but intense gladness. Spock was reviewing a data pad of things to do for his new position at the Science Academy when a familiar presence?one he?d never thought?dreamed?to feel again touched the edges of his consciousness.

He looked up to see Saavik standing on a greensward at the edge of the park, the sunlight dappling her lovely features.

/Saavik. I had thought you lost./ Spock sent to her, his dark eyes drinking her in as he moved swiftly to her side.

/I left a day before the cataclysm,/ she replied, /I was called away so suddenly; I sent you a comm?but it was lost in the chaos of all that subsequently transpired. I, too, was certain you had perished./ Saavik?s eyes too were taking him in as if she had thought, as indeed she had, never to set eyes on him again.

He had reached her by now. He reached to take both her hands. As they stood with hands intertwined, their bond surged to its normal strength and depth. It was as if strands of he were woven together with strands of she.

They shared thoughts and experiences in less than a heartbeat, speculations of what the future for the colony would be, the Federation, and the Romulan-Federation relations. Saavik?s personal history of loss and survival made her uniquely qualified to be a stalwart support in the days ahead.

Now, serenity and wholeness settled into both their souls, as now their future together was assured once more.

Knowing how close he had come to losing her, and with the knowledge of how much Sarek had lost, he spoke to her with words and mind:

/I love you./

Saavik replied with exquisite tenderness in High Vulcan with a word with even deeper shades of meaning: /I cherish you./

~~~!!!
    So totally :cool: !! [face_ecstatic]

+++++

Spock/Nyota

Nyota was fit to be tied and steamed to boot!!!! She had to put forth gargantuan effort to concentrate on the task of monitoring comm channels for unusual traffic this close to the Klingon border. The words Kirk had inadvertently spilled to her about the ?other? time kept running through her mind in an endless loop. They?d been on shore leave and were enjoying the hot spots and Kirk had been a tad on the sauced side. When he?d realized what he?d said and its effect on her, it was, of course, too late. She tried to tell herself: ?Get a grip on yourself! What possible relevance could this have?? She didn?t know?she didn?t doubt the veracity of her feelings or Spock?s, but somehow, ? something about the whole thing bothered her. It was a testament to her brilliant mind and consummate skills that she was able to perform her job as excellently as she did. But she couldn?t wait to be able to find some solitude and think.

At the end of her shift, Nyota went to the hothouse where she could sit among the fountains and flowers and try to gain some perspective.

Needless to say, Spock, who was attuned to her every nuance of gesture and expression, and also being they were soul-bonded, had no difficulty sensing her distress. He was in a quandary, however, about what to do. Should he leave her to come to terms with whatever it was, or go and try to draw her out about it?

Finally, when he sensed her mood had calmed to a tolerable degree, he sought her out among the orchids and climbing roses.

As Spock laid a gentle hand on Nyota?s shoulder, she felt a warmth start from the point

2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Very beautifully done. Each Spock succumbs to the love for the women that they truly love. =D=

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    RX -- thank you for reading! :D :*

Yes, don't they, and isn't it splentabulous? LOL

Well, I've used up my rhetorical questions for the day

[face_laugh]

[face_melt!]

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautifully done, as always! =D=

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Vadey -- Thanks very much! @};-

:D
    :D

I adored giving both Spocks their due -- & the women involved didn't come out too shabbily either (Now I've used my quota for massive understatements) [face_laugh]

[face_love]
    [face_love]

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Um, one thing to say about this:

SUQEE!!!!!!! [face_dancing] [face_love] [:D]

. . . I'm still surprised everytime I read a vig from you and I come out smiling like a loon due to all of the mush packed inside. I shouldn't be by now. [face_love]

Part I: Okay, I was grinning crazily with that one. That was beautiful!! The whole bond/mental comunication has always been one of my favorite parts of the Vulcan culture, and you played around with it here wonderfully. I'm glad he has found someone in this time as well. :( [:D]

Part II: Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! --- I need a thesuras here, I'm getting redundant here. :p I loved Uhura's exasperation with Kirk (something I couldn't fit into a hundred words) and I loved how bothered she was, even though technically her fears were unfounded. It's a completely human thing to wrap our minds up with 'what if's' anyway, and that must have been unsettling, in the least. :( I loved how intuned Spock was to her, and how easily he assuaged her fears. The ending wasn't any slouch either. [face_love]

And drats, I'm going to have to get to updating if I know a drabble from me can get stuff like this outta you . . . ;)

Thanks so much for this gem, hon!! [:D]

~MJ @};-

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira --

Part I ... I also love the mental communication/bonding part of Vulcan culture. Very lovely. :D :D Saavik is a very fascinating character in her own right and paired with Spock -- delicious! :)

Part II -- I was melting with every single word I wrote LOL I know how I'd feel in Nyota's shoes both in terms of the exasperation and the nummy aftermath ... I find it astonishingly easy to identify with her ... that's why her POV comes so naturally.

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing]
    And, woohoo about the ending!! I felt that brought things back to a more comfy level between Jim and Uhura friendship wise and professionally. I got tickled writing him noticing how bubbling over she was. ;)

And about packing mush in a fic ... it's absolutely for my own consumption [face_laugh] so I'm tickled when others enjoy too. :D :D And, I know what you mean about redundant adjectives LOL Knight_Aragorn, divapilot, and Vadey stretch me to the limit!!! :) :*

Huggles for a sweet review!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.