Story [Star Trek 2009] To Boldly Go: The Continuing Adventures of the USS Enterprise [Updated 1/3]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, Aug 10, 2010.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Jade_eyes: Teamwork is used as a very good practice in Star Trek and with your contributions to this story. [:D]

earlybird-obi-wan: McCoy's and Spock's arguments I always found to be great one-upmanship. ;)

Hazel: Happy neurotransmitters in excess can sometimes be too much. [face_whistling]

Mira_Jade: Snarkiness and teamwork along with classic lines are the essence of Star Trek. :)

Paradise Belongs to Us

Act Three: Paradise Lost and Found

As Spock and McCoy finish their work on the neuro-transmitter, they go over one last time exactly the process that the transmission will cause to the remaining inhabitants on Omicron Ceti III.

"By transmitting pulsations that cause anger and intense emotions in everyone on the planet's surface, this should cause a total eradication of all of the spores." Spock comments eloquently on the process.

"In other words, their anger will release them from the spores' influence." McCoy remarks.

"Precisely," Spock states while raising an eyebrow, "Emotions are so easy to persuade."

As Leila is transported onboard the Enterprise, she asks what happened to her many gentleman callers on the planet surface below.

"You took away all of the attention and love that I was getting," Leila openly complained, "Where did you take them?"

"You will notice that they are no longer affected by your charms," McCoy bluntly tells her, "We've taken the spores' influence away from them."

Leila cries remorsefully upon hearing the sad news about her former flames. McCoy and Spock start the transmission and this causes Leila to collapse on the transporter pad. McCoy and Spock scoop her up and take her to Sickbay for her recovery.

Meanwhile, on the planet surface below, fighting begins to break out amongst the remaining inhabitants as the transmission starts affecting their emotions. After a few minutes, they suddenly fall down and then wake up oblivious to their former actions of violence. They have been released from the spores' influence and they jubiantly embrace each other now that their emotions have returned to normal.

Back on the Enterprise, Sandoval regrets that he no longer has deep and loving feelings for Leila any longer.

"It's like a switch was flipped and I am now back to normal," he states matter-of-factly, "It's too bad though; in a way I do regret that I no longer have any true feelings for Leila."

"Well, maybe you can start with a walk through the botanical garden with her." Kirk remarks as he winks at Audrey who looks rather amused at his comments. "It's worked wonders with me."

With that Kirk extends his arm to Audrey and they leave the Bridge towards another romantic get away.

"That just might be the best advice I've ever received," Sandoval beams as he leaves towards Sickbay to check in on Leila, "Maybe there's hope for Leila and myself after all."

Spock and Nyota are in the Observation Lounge looking at the twinkling stars through the panoramic window. Spock holds Nyota close and kisses her in between each twinkle.

"How many times have we done this?" Nyota muses to him. "It makes me warm on the inside thinking about all of our walks and conversations."

"We've done this two thousand and eleven times," Spock states the number precisely, "And each one is as unique as you are."

"Oh...." Nyota gushes, "You always say the most romantic thing at the best time." She wraps herself around him and nibbles on one of his pointed ears. "Ah, scrumptious," She beams as her face flushes red.

Spock scoops her up and they head towards his quarters for more romantic and tender moments.

To Be Continued.../>
  2. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    That was wonderful [face_love]

"We've done this two thousand and eleven times," Spock states the number precisely, "And each one is as unique as you are."

Spock would be keeping score, wouldn't he?. [face_laugh]
  3. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Another great update! :D

Good to see Leilla taken care of.

And then:

"Well, maybe you can start with a walk through the botanical garden with her." Kirk remarks as he winks at Audrey who looks rather amused at his comments. "It's worked wonders with me."

Oh Kirk. :p

And, as always, the Spock/Nyota scene was a true treat to read. [face_love]

~MJ @};-
  4. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Great solution to the spores =D=

Jim's line about the botanical gardens -- lovable nerfherding scoundrel [face_laugh]

The Spock/Nyota scene -- SQUGGGGGGGGGLES! Yes, my sweetie pookie bear would keep score. :D :)

=P~

Even that is a turn on [face_mischief]

He does say the sweetest things!!!!! and it's not flattery. Angel darling actually means it. D'awwoon!

[face_love]

5. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice update and sweet moments between Kirk and Audrey and Spock and Uhura. Love that in the new Trek
  6. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Hazel: Of course Spock would always be counting his special occasions with Nyota. :D

Mira_Jade: Leila, Kirk and Audrey, and Spock and Nyota are indeed fortunate to have their particular men taking care of them. :)

Jade_eyes: Kirk's resourcefullness definitely helps in regards to his relationship with Audrey. [:D] And, of course Spock would say the most special words to Nyota.

earlybird-obi-wan: Sweetness exudes between Kirk and Audrey and Spock and Nyota. [face_love]

A/N: The next episode will be the retelling of "The Trouble with Tribbles".

Between Twinkles and Tribbles

Act One: Twinkles and Tribbles Troubles Ahead

The Enterprise is en route to Deep Space Station K-7 for assistance with an important assignment regarding a disputed planet. One parsec from the nearest Klingon outpost ("Close enough to smell them" as Chekov puts it), the post is near Sherman's Planet, which is claimed by both sides.

In a briefing with Kirk, Spock and Chekov, it is learned that under the terms of the Organian Peace Treaty, control of the planet will be granted to the party that can demonstrate it can develop the planet's resources most efficiently. In the midst of the briefing, however, a message comes in from the bridge; K-7 has issued a Code One alert, which signals that it is under attack.

The Enterprise arrives at maximum warp, ready for a fight, only to find no battle. Beaming over, Kirk demands an explanation from Station Manager Lurry, but is told he was ordered to do so by Nilz Baris, a Federation official in charge of the Sherman's Planet development project.

"I want to know the reason for your issuance of a Code One alert," Kirk demands Baris to tell him of the emergency.

"The Priority One was issued out of fear that the Klingons might sabotage the Federation's high-yield grain, known as quadrotriticale," Baris starts his explanation, "Without that grain, the Federation's hopes of gaining Sherman's Planet are minimal at best."

"So, you called a Priority One alert for just some simple wheat," Kirk seems to not be totally satisfied with Baris' explanation.

"Captain, I assure you that the quadrotriticale is not merely wheat," Baris tries to explain further, "Because of its' four-lobed properties, the grain is highly resistant to drought and other known pests."

"I see," Kirk states still bemoaning the fact that the Priority One alert was not used properly, "Get back to me when something more serious happens."

"But, Captain, the quadrotriticale..." Baris starts to further explain.

"Is not serious enough to warrant a Priority One alert," Kirk informs him while cutting him off, "I will inform Starfleet of the situation and then I will see what they determine in regards to your abuse of Starfleet protocols."

"Listen Kirk," Baris demands, "You will provide security for the grain. I demand that you issue orders to do so."

"You demand, Mr. Baris," Kirk scoffs at him, "I will do no such thing. But, since we are here, I will allow my crew to have shore leave. That should be good enough until I know for certain what Starfleet's response will be to your request."

On leave, Uhura meets a dealer named Cyrano Jones, who is trying to sell rare galactic items, among them, furry little creatures Jones calls tribbles. While they bicker over the selling price, Chekov notices it had eaten a quadrotriticale sample left on the bar. In hopes of more sales, Jones gives the tribble to Uhura.

"It's so cute, don't you think, Chekov?" Uhuru asks, "I know that Spock will think so as well."

"If you say so," Chekov remarks while downing his drink, "Ah... shore leave."

Back on the Enterprise, Kirk is addressed by Starfleet Admiral Fitzpatrick.

"Captain," Admiral Fitzpatrick begins, "The quadrotriticale is essential for the claiming of Sherman's Planet. Therefore, it is a priority for the Federation to protect. You are hereby ordered to give Mr. Baris all assistance and security necessary to guard the grain."

"Is that really necessary, Admiral?" Kirk questions his orde/>
  7. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    hahaha! Fun stuff... and great start.

This episode is a blast! :D [face_mischief]

8. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Grain, Tribbles and Klingons - this promises to be an exciting adventure :D
  9. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Fun, hilarious fun with that episode and with the new relations;)[face_whistling][face_batting]
    Looking forward to see many tr(ou)(ib)bles
  10. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    TRIBBLES!!

Yes, this is going to be a blast. [face_dancing]:D

~MJ @};-
  11. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Jade_eyes: More fun to follow. [face_laugh]

Hazel: More excitement on the way. :)

earlybird-obi-wan: More tr(ou)(ib)bles ahead. [face_whistling]

Mira_Jade: Blast commencing. ;)

Act Two: Thrills, Spills, and Trills

Nyota waited for Spock once again on the Obversation Deck as she held a tribble in her hands petting the white furry pet. Spock approached with what seemed to be a bounce in his step and kissed her deeply on the lips while presenting her with a red rose.

"For you." he pursed out between the twinkles of the stars and the trilling of the tribble. "What's making that fascinating sound?"

"Oh..." her face flushed red more from his kisses which had made her almost forget about her pet, "This is Snowy, do you like her?"

She handed the small furry pet to Spock who stroke the tribble as it cooed and purred with each stroke.

"Fascinating," Spock mused, "It seems to have a unique effect to calm and sooth; something which of course I am immune to."

"Really?" Nyota almost mocks him as she notices him continuing to rub his hand over the tribble, "I wouldn't have guessed that."

Spock suddenly snaps out of his stroking and hands the tribble back to Nyota. "You are far more special to cuddle and stroke than Snowy," he states eloquently and once again kisses her.

"Well, I would certainly hope so," Nyota smirks between his kisses, "Snowy's extended family though may have something to say about that though."

"Extended family?" Spock inquires almost reluctantly.

"Oh..." Nyota mentions shortly, "Snowy's had a litter already and I've given them to some other crew members and to Doctor McCoy as well. He told me he wouldn't harm a hair on their head wherever that was," she giggles slightly.

"And how many more tribbles did Snowy have in her litter?" Spock asks wanting to know what the damage was.

"Ten," Nyota tells him with a huge smile on her face, "So, of course I knew that one was enough. So that was why I gave some of the crew the rest."

"You made a wise choice," Spock tells her somewhat relieved that they only have one tribble, "Ten would have been perhaps a little too much."

"I agree," Nyota smiles while giving him some more kisses, "One is just right."

Captain's log, stardate 4524.2. A Klingon warship is hovering only 100 kilometers from Deep Space Station K-7 while its captain waits in the station manager's office. Their intentions are unknown."

Meanwhile, on Deep Space Station K-7, Kirk has beamed aboard the station and is in conference with the Klingon Captain, Koloth, and his first officer, Korax, along with Mr. Lurry and Mr. Baris.

"We are here on shore leave," Captain Koloth states proudly, "We Klingons do not have as many, shall I say, extravaganzes, as you do on your ship, Kirk."

"Well, I'm not going to deny you your rights to a little rest and relaxation," Kirk tells Koloth along with Mr. Lurry and Mr. Baris, "But, I want no trouble. I will allow you to have up to twelve Klingons onboard the Space Station and for each Klingon there will be one security guard."

"But Captain, this is an outrage," Mr. Baris complains, "They are here for one purpose and one purpose only; to gain Sherman's Planet into the Klingon Empire."

"I assure you, Captain," Koloth states boastfully, "While we would certainly welcome the addition of another planet into our Empire, we still require a little comfort from time to time as well."

"My orders will stand," Kirk states to everyone present, "There will be one security guard for each Klingon and no more than twelve Klingons onboard the station at a time. Mr. Baris, you can file a protest with Starfleet if you want to, but I assure you that they will agree that my and their jurisdiction here is of one of peace."

Kirk contacts the Enterprise and lets them know of the situation. Twelve security officers from the Enterprise beam down along with ten other Klingons from the Klingon ship. They all go wondering off to the bar area. Meanwhile, Kirk beams back aboard the Enterprise. He go/>
  12. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Loved Kirk's firmness with Barris and Koloth.

S/U with the tribble -- SQUGGLES! Oh yum, the red rose, and the name "Snowy" :D !!!
    Yes, Nyota is much better for cuddling than a tribble would be [face_laugh]

And what Spock would be -- =P~ !!!!!!!!

13. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Tribbles are so cute and cuddly :D

You can never have too many tribbles :p [face_laugh]

I sense trouble with the Klingons [face_worried]
  14. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    "Fascinating," Spock mused, "It seems to have a unique effect to calm and sooth; something which of course I am immune to."

The most clasic line in the history of ever. [face_love]:cool:

"Really?" Nyota almost mocks him as she notices him continuing to rub his hand over the tribble, "I wouldn't have guessed that."

[face_laugh]

And these new reactions are what makes these pieces so delightful to read! :D

Spock suddenly snaps out of his stroking and hands the tribble back to Nyota. "You are far more special to cuddle and stroke than Snowy," he states eloquently and once again kisses her.

Hands down preferred over the TOS episode now, and that is a fact . . . [face_laugh]

Another great update! =D=

~MJ@};-

15. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Congratulations on the wins! =D= =D= Awesomeness!

@};- @};-

16. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Love Uhura and the tribble and the love she is giving to Spock. And the bantering between them[face_dancing]
  17. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Jade_eyes: Yes, Nyota picked the perfect name for her tribble and of course cuddling with Spock totally overrides a tribble. [:D]

Hazel: Too many tribbles could lead to some troubles though. ;)

Mira_Jade: Yes indeed, Spock delivering some smooth lines definitely makes this story extra special. :)

earlybird-obi-wan: Spock and Nyota's bond deepens each time I get to tweak their relationship. :D

A/N: Thanks to everyone who voted this story for Best Action and Best Sci-Fi. Without your support, this story really wouldn't have prospered. =D=

Act Three: Firsts, Fists, and Fights

Captain Kirk already had a headache heading into Sickbay and seeing the place full of tribbles expounded his headache into almost cataclysmic proportions.

"Are you trying to start a nursery?" Kirk moaned out while rubbing his temples.

"Do you know what happens when you feed a tribble?" McCoy ignored his question with one of his own.

"A big fat tribble." Kirk stated stubbornly growing more unamused as the line of questioning got more ridiculous.

"No," McCoy rebuked his attempts to become grouchy, "You get a bunch of hungry little tribbles."

"Just give me something for my splitting headache." Kirk growled impatiently. "So, what do we do with these little monster, then?"

"Got me." McCoy proffered while injecting Kirk with a hypospray.

"Ouch." Kirk held his arm and dangled it in front of the doctor. "Your bedside manner continues to become less and less everyday."

"Right." McCoy smacked Kirk's arm with his hand. "Get back to me when you come up with a solution to this tribble trouble."

"It's not my Sickbay that they are infesting." Kirk shot back. "You deal with it."

"Look, Jim," McCoy lessened his tone somewhat, "Their metabolism is geared 50% towards reproduction. Do you know what that means?"

"No, what?" Kirk didn't really want to know the answer, but had to ask anyway.

"It means that with an average litter of ten tribbles that soon this ship," McCoy paused for effect, "Plus the Space Station will soon be overrun with tribbles."

Kirk takes out his communicator and contacts Scotty plus the other security contingent aboard the Space Station.

"Scotty," Kirk states precisely, "I want you to keep an extra watch out on the Klingons and on the grain aboard the Space Station."

"Aye, Sir," Scotty acknowledges his orders, "We be knee deep in Klingons, but we be doubly certain no harm be done."

Meanwhile, on Deep Space Station K-7, as Scotty finishes his communication with Kirk, some Klingons head over to his table where he is in deep conversation with Chekov, Picard, and the rest of the Security group.

"When are you going to get off that milk diet, lad?" Scotty asks Chekov.

"This is vodka." Chekov tells him point blankly.

"Where I come from, that's soda pop." Scotty smiles. "Now this is a drink for a man."

"Scotch?" Checkov asks him.

"Aye." Scotty gulps down a shot.

"It was invented by a little old lady from Leningrad." Chekov remarks coyly.

Korax, one of the Klingons aboard the Space Station now approaches the table.

"Kirk may be a swaggering, overbearing, tin-plated dictator with delusions of godhood, but he's not soft." He states looking for trouble.

"Mr. Scott," Chekov gulps down his vodka.

"It's alright, laddie," Scotty tells him trying to calm him down, "We can take a few insults."

"Oh, but of course, you want to know what is even worse than your Captain?" Korax bellows loudly, "It's your ship. That sagging old rust bucket is designed like a garbage scow. Half the quadrant knows it. That's why they're learning to speak Klingonese."

"Mr. Scott!" Both Chekov and Picard stand up ready to fight.

"Laddie?don't you think you should?rephrase that?" Scotty gives Korax one more chance to change his wording.

"(mocking Scotty's accent) Yer right. I should." Korax proudly boasts. (Normal voice) I didn't mean to say that the Enterprise should be hauling garbage. I meant to say that it should be hauled a/>
  18. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Oh, this batch of scenes was my fave for this episode in TOS -- hilarious!

=D=

Scotty has some real fine corkers in it [face_mischief]

As for Spock's smooth lines, she totally deserves them and he absolutely deserves someone as special as she is to tell them to!

[face_love] [face_love] !!!

Isn't tweaking their bond FUN? LOL

[:D] [:D]

!!!!!
  19. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    I now firmly believe that the tribbles are related to the gremlins. [face_laugh]

Loved Scotty defending the ship's honor, but tribbles in the food synthesizer and in the end the avalanche of tribbles burying Kirk were hilarious.

That was a very funny update! =D=
  20. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    tribble trouble indeed.[face_laugh] with Scotty and Picard[face_laugh]
  21. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Jade_eyes: Yes, tweaking Spock and Nyota's bonding relationship and these episodes are indeed fun! [face_laugh]

Hazel: Tribble and Gremlins would indeed form a formidable combination. o_O

earlybird-obi-wan: More tribbling troubles ahead for everyone. ;)

Act Four: Tribbles No; Twinkles Yes

As the last tribble from the storage compartment landed on top of Kirk's head, he realized that something was terribly wrong not only with his situation, but with the tribbles as well. He picked through the pile surrounding him and noticed that most of the tribbles that had just fallen on him were dead.

"What do you make of this, Spock?" Kirk queried his Science Officer.

Spock pulled out his tricorder and scanned the mostly lifeless pile that surrounded Kirk.

"They have become gorged on the grain," Spock ascertained the reason for the tribbles demise, "It seems as is they literally ate themselves to death."

"Kirk, you are going to pay for this," Mr. Baris notified the Captain as another few tribbles bounced off of the Captain's head, "I will see to it that Starfleet never assigns you anywhere near this station or quadrant ever again."

"Well, that might take some serious convincing," Kirk retortedly remarked, "But, as Captain, I want two things done first. First, find Cyrano Jones. And second ..." (A tribble lands on Kirk's head) "... close that door."

After finally clearing himself from the tribble deluge, Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Picard, Mr. Baris, Cyrano Jones, Mr. Darvin, Koloth and Korax all meet in Mr. Baris' office to discuss the situation. Mr. Baris begins the proceedings reluctantly.

"Alright, it looks like due to the unfortunate circumstances that have become of the grain due to the tribble infestation", he pauses not wanting to say the rest, "That Sherman's Planet will now more than likely become the property of the Klingon Empire."

"As well it should be," Koloth boasts proudfully, "This will be a day long remembered in glory for the Klingon Empire."

"Well, before bygones become bygones, there is one other issue that needs to be addressed as well," Kirk retorts dramatically, "The station is still full of tribbles and it seems like they are still something that requires a plan to discuss their removal."

"That will be something that Mr. Jones has to accomplish," Mr. Baris notifies him, "Cyrano Jones, you are hereby ordered to be detained until the tribbles are totally removed from the station."

"But, I've done nothing wrong," Cyrano Jones complains, "It's not my fault that tribbles multiply so abundantly."

"But, it is your fault for knowingly transporting a creature that is a proven danger to society," Kirk informs him. A security officer brings in a tribble into the briefing room and it screams angrily when it passes by Mr. Darvin.

"Hold on there," Kirk realizes something strange in the tribbles reaction to Mr. Darvin. He takes the tribble from the security officer and starts to go around the briefing room with it. He stops in front of Koloth and Korax and again the tribble screams loudly. He then stops in front of Mr. Spock.

"They don't like Klingons. But they do like Vulcans." Kirk remarks smoothly, I didn't know you had it in you."

"Obviously tribbles are very perceptive creatures, Captain." Spocks replies comfortably in return.

"Obviously." Kirk remarks. (Carrying tribbles, Kirk walks over to Baris) "Mister Baris, they like you. Well, there's no accounting for taste."

Kirk then walks back over to Mr. Darvin. Again, the tribbles scream loudly. "Mr. Darvin, they don't like you." Kirk states matter of factly. "Care to explain?"

"I don't know," Darvin replies not wanting to reveal his hidden identity.

"Bones," Kirk orders his Medical Officer, "What do you say?"

McCoy takes out his tricorder and scans Mr. Darvin. "Captain," McCoy pauses for effect, "This man is a Klingon."

"Well..." Kirk muses, "That's very interesting indeed. What do you say about that, Mr. Darvin?"

"Look, I don't know what those things are," D/>
  22. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Tribbles helped unmask an impostor, of all things ;) :)

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Bravo for the fine solutions and quick thinking.

[:D]

23. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    "They don't like Klingons. But they do like Vulcans."

Who would have thought, tribbles have exquisite taste. =D=

Where they'll be no tribble at all.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

This is a great episode, one of my favorites so far! =D=
  24. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Klingon tribble trouble:p

Love Scotty in this
  25. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Oh, these last few updates were GREAT! :D You have definiately breathed a new life into this episode. :D

This especially:

"They don't like Klingons. But they do like Vulcans."

Well, who can blame them. :p [face_love]

~MJ @};-
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl