1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Story [Star Trek 2009] Vote of Confidence. One-shot. Friend-fluff.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Oct 25, 2012.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Vote of Confidence Author: Jade eyes

Genre: Mush/humor.

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.

Characters: Jim/Nyota.

AN#1: Inspired by a review in another of my threads by the inspiring!!!!! Mira_Jade [face_love]

AN#2: I apologize for the title/tag thingy - I was gonna wait until I heard about a work-around for the menu [face_laugh] but this begs to be posted. [:D] @};-

She is a lovely lady, competent, intelligent, and funny. When we were on a mission, some one we were negotiating with thought Uhura and I were a couple. Not that I hadn't toyed with the idea and fantasized about her in our Academy days, (what hetero guy wouldn't?) ... ;)

But she gave off unmistakable, not-available vibes.

And when I found out who she was with, I was surprised, but not for long. :)

When we heard the above-mentioned comment, I slid her a teasing glance. "Ha! Someone else who thinks we could have been good together." I remarked.

She glared, but I could tell she was secretly amused. "Keep telling yourself that," Her laughing eyes said.

So when I found the true "love of my heart", I got input from several friends.

Bones, naturally, said: "Go for it."

Scott just winked.

Uhura, she was all supportive.

She, after all, had set me up or rather sent Christine my way. [face_laugh] She doesn't know I knew that. [face_shhh] I also had more than a suspicion as to why.

[face_laugh] I told him that he was more than ready and had plenty of good things to bring to a relationship: caring, laughter, courage... Ready in the sense of not being a permanent adolescent like Wes Janson [face_laugh]

He grinned when I said that, his blue-eyed "really?" look reminding me of Luke Skywalker.

And if he reminded Audrey of same, at the very least, he would definitely be on the right track. :D

"I've never felt this way about anyone before, Uhura." He confided.

I smiled broadly. I'd heard that from my sister about Dajan and from Sherra about Tristan.

Plus, [face_dancing] ^:)^ I felt that way about my own soul-mate.

Definitely an auspicious start!

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love the KIrk/Nyota friendship!
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Just the kind of story i needed after a long day. [:D]
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! I am happy to inspire any time, especially if gems like these come out. ;) [:D]

I loved the banter here - Kirk's line was perfect, as was hers in return, and the introspection to follow was the cherry on the cake. It is always lovely to see everyone so settled and happy. [face_love]

Excellent job, as always. =D=
    Jade_eyes likes this.