Story [Star Trek 2009] Vote of Confidence. One-shot. Friend-fluff.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Nyota's Heart, Oct 25, 2012.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Title: Vote of Confidence Author: Jade eyes

Genre: Mush/humor.

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.

Characters: Jim/Nyota.

AN#1: Inspired by a review in another of my threads by the inspiring!!!!! @Mira_Jade [face_love]

AN#2: I apologize for the title/tag thingy - I was gonna wait until I heard about a work-around for the menu [face_laugh] but this begs to be posted. [:D] @};-

Jim

She is a lovely lady, competent, intelligent, and funny. When we were on a mission, some one we were negotiating with thought Uhura and I were a couple. Not that I hadn't toyed with the idea and fantasized about her in our Academy days, (what hetero guy wouldn't?) ... ;)

But she gave off unmistakable, not-available vibes.

And when I found out who she was with, I was surprised, but not for long. :)

When we heard the above-mentioned comment, I slid her a teasing glance. "Ha! Someone else who thinks we could have been good together." I remarked.

She glared, but I could tell she was secretly amused. "Keep telling yourself that," Her laughing eyes said.

So when I found the true "love of my heart", I got input from several friends.

Bones, naturally, said: "Go for it."

Scott just winked.

Uhura, she was all supportive.

She, after all, had set me up or rather sent Christine my way. [face_laugh] She doesn't know I knew that. [face_shhh] I also had more than a suspicion as to why.

Nyota

[face_laugh] I told him that he was more than ready and had plenty of good things to bring to a relationship: caring, laughter, courage... Ready in the sense of not being a permanent adolescent like Wes Janson [face_laugh]

He grinned when I said that, his blue-eyed "really?" look reminding me of Luke Skywalker.

And if he reminded Audrey of same, at the very least, he would definitely be on the right track. :D

"I've never felt this way about anyone before, Uhura." He confided.

I smiled broadly. I'd heard that from my sister about Dajan and from Sherra about Tristan.

Plus, [face_dancing] ^:)^ I felt that way about my own soul-mate.

Definitely an auspicious start!

++++++
    Last edited by Jade_eyes, Oct 27, 2012
  2. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I love the KIrk/Nyota friendship!
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Just the kind of story i needed after a long day. [:D]
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Aww! I am happy to inspire any time, especially if gems like these come out. ;) [:D]

I loved the banter here - Kirk's line was perfect, as was hers in return, and the introspection to follow was the cherry on the cake. It is always lovely to see everyone so settled and happy. [face_love]

Excellent job, as always. =D=
    Jade_eyes likes this.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl