main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek: 2009] We Are Not Gonna Fall - UDC 7

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Master_Jaina1011, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Title: We Are Not Gonna Fall
    Author: Master_Jaina1011
    Summary: It's UDC 7. Expect everything, everyone, everywhere. Seriously. My muse can take one word and run with it!

Author's Note: Well lookie here, guess who decided to finally start UDC 7? ME!!! A little late to the party but... better late than never! So here ya go!

Week 1

1. Baby

James T. Kirk was a baby born onboard a space shuttle, one that left without his father on a spaceship. He loathed space, but hated starships even more.

That was until one Captain Christopher Pike saw him beaten and bloody in that fateful bar. Where Jim was issued a dare he couldn’t back down from. Hours after, he stared up at the skeleton of a ship. His blue eyes stared, wondering why it was calling to him.

The sun rose, and he knew, he knew that ship would change his life. That would mold his life into something more.

Enterprise.

2. Child

She was but a child when she was first introduced to languages. Her father was an ambassador and she was fascinated by the different sounds and tones around her. Her mother noticed, dragging her up onto her lap, helping her decipher the sounds around her.

Starfleet gave her the opportunity to hone these skills, the natural ability to communicate with every kind of being out there. And if she didn’t know it she learned it.

Being on the Enterprise taught her a different kind of language.

How to teach Jim Kirk how not to get into trouble or get married.

3. Teenager

“I hate teenagers,” Audrey muttered, plopping onto the couch next to her husband. “They are inconsiderate, spoiled…”

“They are our kids. Do you expect them to be anything less?” Jim answered, kissing her hair.

“Could they be any less stubborn?” She sighed, cuddling into them. “I thought you said Melody and Amelia couldn’t date until they were 30?”

Another chuckle was heard. “Shush, Pike. You and Jim were supposed to keep them from sneaking out. What happened to that?”

“They… well… I can explain…they just batted their eyelashes…”

“Here I would think you be immune to their charms by now.”

4. Adult

“Let’s be adults about this!”

“Right, adults. That is exactly what I’m trying to be unlike you! Being grown up means to talk about your feelings, not going chasing after the first… great pair of legs you see?”

“Even if the first pair of legs I saw was you?” Audrey sighed, wrapping the sheet around her tighter.

“Just tell me what brought this on? Not that I mind… this but I can feel your pain, Jim! Feel it! We are bonded! You can’t just go around not talking about it! Especially with me!”

“We might as well be married already.”

5. Elderly

No matter how old or far apart they were, the original Enterprise crew and their families always reunited on one date. The one date that brought them all together and bonded them forever.

Every year, the anniversary of the fall of Vulcan and the death of Spock’s mother, the senior crew met where the memorial stood, the names of all who had fallen engraved.

Pike has since passed, and the rest were ready to join him. They stood, in their dress uniforms, hand in hand. “From now until we go on, this memorial stands for what we fought for. Us.”

RX_Sith likes this.
  2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great little snippets into Kirk's passion for the Enterprise and then his relationship with Audrey seems to blossom through both the good times and the bad ones.

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Gah!! But you have to know that I had such a squee fit when I saw that you posted these!!!! Definitely better late than never to this party - your drabbles are worth the wait! [face_dancing][face_love]

Baby and Child had such beautiful first encounter tones to them, and Teenager just had me giggling aloud. Of course any daughter of his would have Kirk - and Pike - wrapped around their finger. [face_mischief] But the one that really took the cake for me here was Elderly - what a powerful blow of a drabble! In the best possible way. [face_love]

I can't wait to see where the next weeks take you! =D=

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yay! I'm so happy to see these from you :D I love the end of the last one. So sad!