main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] When Halves Become Wholes (Amanda/Sarek, Nyota/Spock) ~~Thanks up: 01-26-2011!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    The other Vulcan children were full blooded Vulcans and yes Sarek could do nothing else. Both Vulcans were stubborn (see Journey to Babel) and were the best of friends.

And glad that Sarek could tell this to Uhura. She brings the best in both men.

Lovely update=D=

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    This is where the patience of a woman is mostly needed. To help things out between a father and his son. :)

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :)

~~~

Part 1: A Wonderful Surmise

Amanda is overjoyed that her son has apparently found someone. A very special someone.

When she sees the lovely pair of boots, so casually and at-home by the front door, she has to hide a smile.

And not so long after, when she speaks to the gorgeous Nyota Uhura, she does not miss the way she is at an easy and informal distance from Spock, and how comfortable he is to have her in such close proximity.

And there is something in her eyes -- a warmth and affection as she stepped aside for their conversation.

And now she has a face and voice to put with the name she has so often heard ...

When she tells Sarek of her wonderful surmise, he gives her an indulgently affectionate glance but withholds his judgment.

When he meets Nyota some months later, he finds her to be not simply lovely, but also intelligent, compassionate, and very loving.

Yes, he concludes, Amanda had been right, and how she would have loved this worthy lady.

* * * ~~~

Part 2: Putting the Pieces Together

"How was your talk with your mom, love?" You ask Spock over dinner. "And how are she & your father?"

"It was pleasant and they are both in fine health, but I noticed she cast several glances to the area near the door. And I believe," His dark eyes hold a decidedly mischievous gleam: "She caught sight of one of your boots."

You blush happily. "Did she, now? Did she ask whose they were?"

You both settle comfortably on the sofa.

"No. But I think that she knows a lady was here --"

"Being sweetly ... entertained." You grin and share a lingering kiss. "Well, you could always drop a hint or provide a red herring -- tell her that Ms. Somers was here."

"Nyota!" Spock rejoins. "You are quite incorrigible."

"But you love that about me." You tease, laughing.

"Hmmm." Spock indulges in a bit of teasing in turn. "You assume so?" He tickles you, and you retort around a laugh:

"You'd better!" and tickle back.

"I eagerly anticipate the day when you and they can finally meet, Nyota love." He tells you in all seriousness. "They will be most pleased and in full agreement with my choice of you."

Your gazes hold tenderly. "You are such a darling." You whisper. "So, what do you think she concluded about my -- taste in footwear?" You grin.

"Doubtless that you have excellent taste." He replies.

"In that, as in other things." You murmur between kisses. "Other ... irresistible things."

++++++

[face_love]

:D

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A mother's most profound happiness is when she finds her son so profoundly happy himself.

[face_love][:D]

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I can never get sick of seeing this scenario written about. [face_laugh] Isn't it something how much a silly little drabble corrupted us? :p Those boots sure do get a work-out. ;) [face_batting]

I loved the mirror of this - Amanda's joy, and Sarek's fond amusement was so like Spocks.

Just . . . lovely. [face_love]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely, the boots and the teasing banter between Spock and Uhura.

Another gorgeous update=D==D=

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the sweet comments.

:D

Boy, do I have CWTP-itis badly!!

[face_dancing]

~~

Part 1: An Overt Concern

During an intense round of negotiations, Amanda strolls at one of the bazaars.

There are colored scarves, curios, and sketches of every description. She picks out one that reminds her of a river nymph in a grotto.

"Well, aren't you the lovely little morsel." A gruff voice says from behind her. His eyes rake over her.

She whirls, as a pair of hands grip her shoulders.

"Let. Me. Go." She bites out. "I paid good creds for this, so you can't have it; but I do have some loose bills --"

"haha! I'm not here to rob you, sweet lady." He leers.

She brings the heel of her right foot up in a swift kick and places it most auspiciously. He releases her, cursing.

A deep and fiercely warning voice speaks: "Have you harmed my wife, sir?" His voice laces the last word with contemptuous disdain.

She turns to see Sarek gripping the nefarious oaf in a vice-like hold, his eyes dangerous.

"Umm --" The "gentleman" if you can call him that, gulps, and attempts to stammer out a denial.

"Or even attempted it?" Sarek continues. "Because I will not take kindly to such, not in the slightest degree." he gives the brute a shove which sends him staggering. He then takes off at a fast sprint.

Sarek turns his attention to Amanda. "Aduna, did he--"

She is smiling, and breathless with love. "No, my sweet D'Artagnan." She grins.

* * * ~~~

Part 2: Having You Here and Safe

It was not something that got easier -- it was not easy watching Nyota go away on a mission that could, as the euphemism ran< "go south in a minute."

But Lieutenant Johnson (and then Commander Pearce) was more than able, and Jim Kirk was beyond anything one could hope in a commander or a friend. Not only could you never tell him the odds, but he re-invented them. Jim could always be counted on to bring her back to he who loved her.

Their latest mission was negotiating with a hot-headed Dictat and a hidebound Advisory Council.

Kirk's urgent call to the transporter room had Spock hurrying there with a swift glance to Sulu in order to pass over command briefly.

He found Christine putting an air splint on Nyota's wrist. "Just to immobilize it." She assured him, catching his sharp look. "It's simply a light sprain. But we don't want to aggravate it."

"Then I'll be doing flexibility exercises, so the muscles don't tighten up." Nyota added. "Good thing I'm ambidexterous."

"They took exception to one of our stipulations." Jim remarked with an expressive eye-roll.

Later, with the lovely strains of Bach in the background, Nyota lounged against the sofa cushions with a spiced mocha in her hands.

"Never a dull or slow moment to be had." She grinned.

"That is one rarity I have ceased to expect." Spock remarked, and they shared an amused glance.

He was stroking her hair and right shoulder lingeringly. "With the last few missions focusing on diplomacy as well as the linguistics side of communication, do you still feel drawn to that area of service?"

Nyota pondered it. "Yes. I am learning to choose my words carefully when the occasion calls for it." She laughed. "And not pop out with the first snarky thing that comes to mind."

"I feel very protective of her at times, and I am always unspeakably grateful when she returns to me safely." Spock told Sarek during one of their comm conversations.

"I had the same experience with your mother." His father replied readily. "I would even be ready to sacrifice or at the very least set the mandates of the mission aside if it meant procuring her well-being."

"Yes." Spock agreed. "I would, as well."

When he told Nyota of this conversation, her eyes glowed adoringly. "I love bringing out your tender side, my dear Jedi." She winked.

Spock quirked an eyebrow at her, his eyes full of love and mischief, and a teasing: "Is that how you see me?" through their bond.

"Don't give me that: "Who me?!" She grinned, kis

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Protective, yes the men are very protective. loved how Sarek and Spock acted.

Sweet and exciting update with the action=D==D=

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Loved Sarek's heroics as I bet Amanda did too. @};-

And Spock's protectiveness is just... adorable! :*

10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    says sir knight to lady damsel . . . :p [face_love]

You've hit another one of my favorite things to read in just as many updates. [face_love] I would have loved to see the first one longer, even. [face_whistling] The sicko got away too easily. [face_laugh] D'Artagnan, for the win, as well. [face_love]

Siiigh . . .

And then:

"They took exception to one of our stipulations." Jim remarked with an expressive eye-roll.

Just another day on the Enterprise. [face_laugh]

"I feel very protective of her at times, and I am always unspeakably grateful when she returns to me safely." Spock told Sarek during one of their comm conversations.

"I had the same experience with your mother." His father replied readily. "I would even be ready to sacrifice or at the very least set the mandates of the mission aside if it meant procuring her well-being."

Oh! Gallantry and gushing and goo . . . yep. [face_laugh] [face_love]

I was a completely evaporated fangirl at the end of those. ;)

WEIN?

=D=

~MJ @};-

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the wonderful comments and super support from start to finish :D @};- @};-

These have been past superlatively fun to do.

[face_love] [face_love]

[:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.