main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] With None But You - Love Songs Roulette Response ~~Author Thanks~~

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: With None But You ? one shot Nyota/Spock
    Author: Jade eyes
    Fandom: Trek 2009
    Characters: Spock/Nyota, bit of Sherralyn -- OC
    Genre: Mushy challenge response
    Disclaimer: The droolicious Josh Groban owns this gorgeous song & Trek doesn?t belong to me either. Dash it all! LOL

A/N: In response to Ceillean?s exquisite Love Songs Roulette .
    A dance in the rain leads to mush galore! This takes place 3 years after Moments As Vibrant As Stars

Thanks for clicking & hope you melt! [:D] Lyrics are bracketed.

[Josh Groban -- Mi Morena #25

"Mi Morena"

And so my love
    From my window I can see
    A beautiful vision
    And when the music plays
    Your body rises like a bird of grace

Mi morena
    I saw you dancing in the rain
    Holy water
    Shining like a silver flame
    Come like a ghost
    I will watch you dance alone
    Mi morena
    You're the light within my soul

And so my love
    The way you're moving in your dress
    To a nylon guitar
    On wings of silk and lace
    You lift upon the notes and slip away

Mi morena
    I saw you dancing in the rain
    Holy water
    Shining like a silver flame
    Come like a ghost
    I will watch you dance alone
    Mi morena
    You're the light within my soul

Take this cross of feathers and bone
    Take this heart I've carved in stone
    In your name

Where the setting sun surrenders to the moon
    Mi querida
    I wait for you
    [repeat chorus]

Mi morena
    Hold your hands out to the night
    Be my lover
    I will fall into your eyes
    Sweet fire of love
    For you I'd steal the stars
    `Cause I adore you
    O my morena.]

~~~~

You sigh with pleasure as you bite into the wafer-thin watercress sandwich followed by a big sip of Earl Grey tea. You grin across the table at Sherralyn Sutherland. "I love English teas." You say with a wink. "I really am looking forward to the British Garden Tour we're about to take."

Sherralyn beams. "We're rank amateurs but we can at least appreciate beauty when we see it. And to top it off with the Castles tour - awesome!"

"Let me tell you, girl, when Spock and I went to the Versailles Hotel -- rediscovering France, you know -- it was amazing -- totally done up like Louis XIV had the original down to the fountains and the mirrors and the orange groves. We stayed in the royal suite and broke in the regal bed in style."

Sherralyn laughs. "Totally in the spirit of the Sun King, eh?"

You smirk with delight at the memory. "Indeed. The bloom is definitely still on the rose."

"Our tours will be a great preliminary to Tristan and I serving aboard the Excalibur."

"You'll enjoy serving with Sulu." You say with a smile, taking a crumpet. "And Yolette is a dream."

"And your next diplomatic tour -- with the thorny Cardassians."

"Quite the challenge." You admit. "But we're totally ready for it." Your gaze wanders to the lawn where your daughter, Khio'ri, and Sherralyn's twins, Brandon and Serina are playing at being Shreck rescuing Fiona.

?Thank you so much for letting Khio'ri stay over, Sherra. She?s having such a good time I don?t want to break up her fun with your kids.?

Sherralyn winks. ?Not to mention you guys get to have your own uninterrupted ? fun.?

You smile happily with sparkling eyes. ?You know me way too well!?

As you stroll leisurely homeward an hour or so later, early beams of silver moon glow light up the verdant lawns, flowering meadows, and rolling hills. It is a lovely setting, so relaxing. There is a slight promise of a brief summer shower as can be seen by the scurrying clouds which now and again obscure the bright moon. The shower is forecasted to be light and refreshing, as opposed to a drenching downpour. Sure enough, as you approach your own broad sweep of lawn with trees and flowering trellises on either side, the first drops begin to fall.

Undeterred, you welcome the soft, gentle coolness. Rain is still a fond pleasure of

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Mush[face_love]with the favorite couple. Loved it=D=[face_dancing]

3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Very beautiful song and story. Love has definitely blessed Nyota and Spock with a daughter.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very cute :) I love the second person!!

5. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    Mmmmmh. The second person made it seem so much more personal. I loved it! Once again you captured the two of them with the perfection and grace obnly you can write. I enjoyed every word of it. Definately one of your best!

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    OMG!! First off, you know how much I adore second person - and wow, you can really push it off!! Especially, since I have only ever used that point of view to give my writing a sort of surreal, disjointed feel for darker stories.

Here it's used for fluffy, soul searing, make you glad inside Josh-Groban-inspired mush. Oh yes. I like this very much. [face_love] =D=

First part - perfect, perfect, perfect! You write girl bonding adorably, and anything in conjunction with Europe and the places you mentioned make you grin inside to begin with! [face_love]

And then the second part - the atmosphere is perfect. The scenery is enchanting and the emotions portrayed are rich and tangible. There are times when reading where such emotions can be written superficially or OOC, but this fits. It works. It fits so very well. [face_love]

And now I am a complete and utter fangirl mess all over my brand new keyboard. Gah, but Geeksquad is getting sick of me bringing this problem in time and time again. ;) :oops: I think you've made it onto a memo or two. [face_love]

Alrighty, now I am off to write my own mush. ;)

[face_love]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

7. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    [face_love]

I've never used the YOU Pov for anything other than angst. This was wonderful. :)
    And, of course, what a lovely image I now have of the two of them barely making it to bed...[face_mischief]

=D=

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    earlybird -- Thank you!!! Your readership is awesome!! [:D] !!!!!

RX ? Thanks! :) The perfect song with the perfect format (You) ? I?m really falling in love with it!!! For the perfect soulmates! *raptures!!!*

Nat ? Thank you!!!! I adore the second person ? it?s off the chain sweet!

Kelly ? Thank you!!!! [:D] !!!!!!! Wow! [face_dancing] I also feel that way about the second person ? very personal and intimate. :D ?Perfection and grace? ? [face_blush] Glad to hear it ? because that?s exactly how I see my angel girl Nyota -- [face_love] [face_love]

Mira ? Thank you! I totally love histories of the places I?m writing about ? and the historical timeframes of the 17th-19th centuries; so it rocks putting cameos in there LOL and girl bonding is fun!!!! To read and to write! The You pov is cozy and delectable, and it fits the tenderness and the intimacy of the scene. And the reason it fits them to a T is because ? they richly deserve it, every ounce of joy, every nanosecond of love! SQUG-Gles!!!!!!!!!!! [face_love]

Cei ? I adore this POV for warm fuzzies ? and it?s a stellar image isn?t it? Jade_Max did it for L&M in her Hand of Fate and woohoo! Very droolicious so I knew I had to include something similar for my dear ones. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.