main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Star Trek 5.8.09

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by cmdrwillard, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Trailer 2

I think they got it right and this movie will finally be the true blockbuster for Star Trek.

2. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    It's about time Star Trek got a new writing style.

Every movie was always writen in a simular style that to me got old pretty quick.
    This is the reason why Wrath of Khan and The Voyage Home and Generations are the 3 most popular movies out of the 10

3. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Wow I must admit they are certainly taking a much different approach with this film. But will it payoff? Will it be what fans are wanting? I'm probably the least qualified in this department to be asking these types of questions, but as a fan of the original series and of several of the films I'm cautious of this new approach AND excited.
    Supposedly the creators are purposely taking this new film into the areas of "star wars" rather than what the original series actually was.
    Continuity is out the window, which is a major nitpick for me, even as only a "mild" fan.
    But I'm also optimistic. I like the idea of them bringing back our favorite characters. I like the idea of a new and updated Trek. The many different series had all run their course seeming to beat a dead horse. This could breath much needed "new life" back into a classic series.

4. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    tell me about it.... Voyager, DSN, and Enterprise... while IMO all good shows suffard substandard ratings
    No.. they haven't been beating a dead horse.. they've been beating the remaining ashes left over from a decomposed horse

As for continuity... wasn't NCC-1701 originally built in Space Dock? and why on heck would they build such a large ship on earth when even the NX-01 was built in space

5. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/startreknews.php?id=51257

6. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    The release date has been moved to 5-7-08 at 7 pm.

7. rlevtzow

rlevtzow Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    where did you hear that is opening the may 7th ?

8. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
  9. rlevtzow

Jul 30, 2003
    showtimes are

*7:00
    *9:45
    *12:30am for star trek on thursday may 7th

10. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I can make the 9:45 showing on the early release. Would anyone be interested in catching this at that time?

11. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I actually already bought mine for the 7 pm show. For those who don't know, tickets sre on sale now for the 7th.

12. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    I plan on going to see it at the Majestic at 9:50 pm everyone is more than welcome to come and watch it there as well. Majestic has better sound quality and for the price wich is the same 9.50, i want the best imo.

13. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Options, options. I'll have to see what's what once we get a bit closer to release.

14. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    i will discuss options on sunday

15. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    I purchased my ticket for 9:50 pm on the 7th my brother is planing on attending with us or me if any one else is going to a different showing.

16. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey Dan i stoped over at Kaseys house and he said he was going to go to majestic for the same showing and his brother was going to see about getting tickets also I believe eric said he was also. I do not know about Robert but would be nice to see him there as well.

17. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    So yes it seems the universal time for all of us is 9:50 on 5/7 at the Majestic.

18. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Indeed. Just got my ticket!

19. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Got mine yesterday

20. rlevtzow

Jul 30, 2003
    i am going to the 7 pm show

21. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    you will then be seing it before us you are welcome to come to our show as well

22. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Hey what time is everyone planning on showing up tonight. I was thinking abouit showing up around 8:30.

23. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    I'm going to the 7pm at Majestic with my family. My Mom has a tradition of going to the first showing of every Star Terk film, and I want to go with her.

24. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I guess if no one eles is going early I will wait to.

25. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I will be there around 9ish. That's almost an hour early and plenty of time for seat saving, etc. So far the film has been getting stellar reviews. Even the "negative" reviews have been mostly positive. Ebert gave it 2 1/2 stars, which isn't great but isn't bad either. Rotten Tomatoes has the film at 94% positive. This could be the best ST in a long time...
    Oh, and I'm wearing my SW clothing with pride!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.