main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Star Trek 5.8.09

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by cmdrwillard, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Utterly fantastic fun. Something completely illogical is happening to me...I think I might somehow be becoming a Star Trek fan.[face_hypnotized]

2. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    LoL good thing it is an alternate universe! I did enjoy the film i always did like Infinities. It is cool to have the Idea that the star trek universe can be re written.

I look forward to the next movie.

here is a movie goof

Spoiler Alert

Drag mouse over the black to read.

After Spock boards the Vulcan ship on board the mining vessel, Kirk is seen walking through some pipes. His Starfleet phaser has switched to a Romulan gun (longer barrel and no lights), before switching back to the Starfleet one again in the next scene. He actually acquires the Romulan gun a few scenes later.

3. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Stunning developments in that film. Glad they are fast tracking the sequel with the same writers, cast and director.

BTW nothing wrong with being a Trek fan when they put out A HIGH QUALITY movie for a change.

4. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I agree. Just talked to Dan and both he and his Mom, who is a huge Trekkie enjoyed and approved of the film.
    I've been considering picking up the OS on BR with the improved effects. It's a pricy nugget though so I'm probably going to have to wait awhile.

I'm also going to see this new film in IMAX at least once. Should probably be going to take Mom for mothers day to see it, but we'll probably see it on the regular.
    Just a shout out to those who might want to see it again right away.

5. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    We didn't get it in IMAX here. They chose Night at the Museum 2 over it. I am going again tonight.

6. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Night at the Mu...are you kidding me?! Wow, I'm at a total loss of words.

7. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Robert wasn't it went something like this:"Those stupid son of a #$%$@#@$$$%%!"

8. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Star Trek Earnings

Suprised me that it made more money than "Dark Knight" in IMAX. Wish we had gotten it here.

76.5 million means it has earned more than 5 of the previous Trek films (their whole theater run)as well.

9. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Sweet! I'm sure it will continue to do really well up until Terminator starts stealing some of those profits. Saw this for a third time today with Mom. Hey, as for the SW reference, I'm almost positive that just before all the recruits are leaving to their respective ships to help Vulcan, one of the guys says the name "Vader" as one of the cadettes names.
    Re-reading some of Ebert's review for this, clearly the guy wasn't paying attention in the movie. But whatever, general reviews have all been super high and the gross earnings are proof that it is being very well received.

10. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    I saw this and just thought i would share it here.

it is funny

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/trekkies_bash_new_star_trek_film

11. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    thats awesome!
    Gotta love The Onion

12. rlevtzow

rlevtzow Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Eric
    your right star trek did $72.5 million Friday-Sunday opening weekend
    Since bowing Thursday night, Star Trek has grossed $76.5 million overall.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20090511/en_top_eo/123125

13. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Ron, that was truly awesome. Thank-you. Made my day.[face_dancing]

14. rlevtzow

rlevtzow Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    ?Trek? Took In More At Box Office Than Originally Reported
    May 12, 2009 by Michael Hickerson || Category: Film News

No matter how you look at it, the new ?Star Trek? is a hit. And while an opening weekend of $76 million isn?t shabby, it now appears the film made $3 million more than originally estimated. The upturn in box-office revenue came Sunday afternoon with families turning out to see the reboot of the classic series crew.

Paramount initially reported the film took in just over $76 million in its first four days, but bumped it up to just over $79 million yesterday. The studio said traffic was strong on Mother?s Day, grossing $21 million Sunday instead of the originally estimated $18 million.

The movie defied a Hollywood trend for ?fan-driven? films, which tend to have large box-office takes on Fridya and Saturday before falling a bit on Sunday. Paramount credits good word of mouth for keeping sustained levels of ticket sales for the film across the entire weekend.

The film also took in $36 million in worldwide box-office for its debut weekend. That take could have been more but the film has been delayed in Mexico due to an outbreak of the swine flu. Paramount announced yesterday the movie will open in Mexico on June 5.

Paramount also announced that cable outlet FX has picked up the rights to air the movie, starting in 2011.

15. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Its at 148 million as of sunday.

16. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I just noticed that Edwards has Star Trek in IMAX at 11:35 pm only.

17. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Just for tonight or for awhile???

18. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Looks like for this week at least. I might go tonight.

19. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Kasey you right I heard the cadet name "Vader" being called as well. So that may be the SW reference.

20. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.