main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Adoring & Being Adored. S/U, Revamps/reposts. Posts on: February 12!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 23, 2013.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Did miss the first tag[face_blush] Enjoyed this tremendously. Jana John and Marc Jullio going to a medical conference. And the next one in Scotland with Ny missing Spock and he missing her, sweet and adorable

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wonderful time and a wonderful location :)

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I loved this viggie! First off, moving the location to Scotland was a great touch. I loved her being able to share her impressions and experiences with him even when not physically with him. Spock's 'not missing' routine, and the 'no more than can be expected' was just perfectly IC. Absolutely adorable. [face_love] I loved Jim giving him the rest of the shift off, though - as 'logically' as the separation was born, it's always good to get back in sync after. [face_mischief][face_love]

Beautiful update, as always! [:D]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    "Great Way to Make Nice Again"

Nyota:

During a post-mission briefing, where I had led the away team, Ms. Billings had taken it upon herself to go off on a tangent without checking in.
    She had followed a hunch as to a technical matter and even though she had been proven correct and no harm had come of it, a decision had to be made as to how to keep team members from jaunting off like that and forgoing protocol.

"On the one hand," I said, "We don't want to stifle initiative and innovative thinking. But we don't want to create a trend or have someone's rashness bring about unfortunate consequences."

"That is a valid point." Jim said. "I agree with what you did. You took her aside discreetly and spoke to her without causing her unnecessary embarrassment."

I smiled. "Yes, I thought that was best."

Spock brought up the issue of something more overt: a moratorium on future missions for a while perhaps for Ms. Billings.

I frowned. "That hardly seems necessary at this point."

"Unless she forgets or just ignores your caution." He rejoined.

"Has she given you cause to be wary of her?" I asked in frank curiosity.

"No. But we do not want to find out the hard way (as the expression is) that we should have taken firmer measures."

I considered this aspect, then demanded: "Are you second-guessing my actions?"

"Hardly, Lieutenant. At any rate, I do not see the need for you to become defensive." He answered pointedly.

That iced the cake for me. I glowered.
    "If you are, Commander, I wish you would have shown me the same courtesy I did to Ms. Billings." I said frostily.

Audrey:

The tension on the bridge was thick enough to cut with a vibro-shiv.
    In lieu of frequent glances and warm undertones, Nyota and her ashal-veh studiously kept to work tasks and did not flirt or banter.
    Their gazes did not hold to one another's but instead slid away quickly.

His usual alacrity at tasks didn't suffer, nor hers; but I could tell that it took extra concentration.

I made my way over to Nyota and asked: "How did the briefing go?"

She rolled her eyes and told me.

I frowned. "Hmm. Looks like you both exacerbated the situation ..." I began gently.

She flashed me a look that told me she agreed completely.
    "My folks and sister and brother-in-law have set a fine example in settling things quickly. And besides, this bond of ours doesn't allow for long ... pouts."

I chuckled.

Nyota:

Halfway through the shift-period, I felt a headache coming on.
    It was the result of the earlier friction and the subsequent coolness.
    Our bond had not been closed off so much as we were doing our best not to banter and express affection across it, as was our typical way.
    Then, a note in my personal inbox chased it away before it could fully form.

"My own Nyota," It began, "I apologize for any appearance of second-guessing or criticism. I was merely pointing out the potential consequences of leniency. The remark about you being defensive - that I fear was uncalled for."
    I smiled softly as I read.
    (I had a message of apology ready to send as well, if he had not done so first - so I quickly edited mine.)

I responded promptly: "Thank you for the note and the apology. I am sorry, too." I sighed ruefully and added, "Frankly, I was being defensive, darling love. I will take your cautions to heart and will assign her a partner to keep an unobtrusive eye on her in future and advise that other team leaders do likewise. If it looks like she's 'slipping up' on purpose or accidentally, then we can certainly take stronger measures."

I caught Audrey's eye as I sent my reply and smiled.

She grinned back, and I knew she along with everyone else could feel the tension dissipating.

I was wearing a dancing costume and going through some moves when Spock joined me; the lights were dimmed for a gentle ambience.
    I loved this gorgeous outfit, made of shimmering scarves that you took off as you twirled and piroughetted.
    He gazed at me with deep admiration and appreciation as I removed each scarf layer.

When the final one fell, I grinned and beckoned him to me.
    "I had this tailor-made. It resembles one which Mara has and entertains Luke with." I winked. "Do you approve?"

He wrapped me up in a warm hug, placing a kiss in the hollow of my throat, then moving along my shoulders and lingering at my pulse point, stroking my waist and back and ribs.
    "Very much." He answered, and we shared a long kiss.

He kept an arm around me and led me to the long floor cushions, which were fat and nearer than the bed would have been.
    We sprawled on these, nestled closely together.

"You can be aggravating at times." I murmured. "But you are also so deuced adorable and irresistible, and that's very much most of the time."

Spock's reply was teasing but loving:
    "Nyota. I believe that I could also make the same claim about yourself."

I laughed.
    "I don't doubt it."

"I hope," He reflected, "That any time we have one of these misunderstandings, it will continue to lead to better and more considerate communication the next time - as happened in this instance."

I said quietly:
    "My impression is that it always has thus far led to such. I am happy that we have a pattern of quick resolution for any altercation."

His reply was warm and sincere:
    "Yes, and very pleasurable ones."

I laughed happily, in total agreement.

Our gentle caresses and loving kisses spoke for us, after that.

The combination of our exchanged messages, my dancing outfit, our further talk, and now our warm amorous expressions - all blended to create a great way to "make nice" again.

+++++++

:D

-----------------

Thanks for reading/reviewing.

Tags going out:

RX_Sith ---- Hazel -----

Mira_Jade ----- earlybird-obi-wan

@};-

O:)

AzureAngel2 and RX_Sith like this.
  5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, great job with this one! =D=

I loved seeing the progression of the argument and it's solving. I can definitely see where their personalities sparked, but what was really nice about this was how quickly it was solved - which was something we have talked about before. [face_thinking] I can only imagine in a relationship like that - it is actually a pain for them to be at odds, and you don't want to carry on coldly - doing so is like harming yourself. And, such a bond also lets you see the other's POV. This was greatly expressed and perfectly resolved! Just so sweet at the end there. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

6. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great resolution to their disagreement that results in time for them to enjoy each other.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great to see them solving a disagreement in a nice way. Their relation is strong as always

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Best way to end a fight is to make up ;)

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Whee doggie =P~ That is such a fact. [face_love] !!!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ny's Note: Title based on an Al Jareau song of the same name.

~~~~~~

"After All"

Using this quote:
    "I was dead until you found me, though I breathed. I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came...and I was awakened."- J.R. Ward but really Ceillean

~~~~

I twisted the transmitting stud on my wrist-comm, a gadget Audrey had introduced to pick up negotiating and other conversations wherein the parties on the other side wouldn't know they were being recorded.
    It resembled a sparkly bracelet, the point being to make it seem completely innocuous.
    The rationale was that if an issue and quibbling arose later, there'd be a verbatim recording uploaded and ready to be unzipped into the main logs.

The talks were tight.
    Ecological fanatics were going head to head on a vital issue against the moderates who wanted to develop ocean-based resources but in a balanced, nonharmful fashion.
    They were wrangling over setting up an independent reviewing board, so that industry and ecologists couldn't tamper with or slant the strategies or results obtained.

One of the guards was giving me a beady look as I pressed the "Send" end of the transmitter.

He suddenly came up behind me and gripped my wrist, a wicked dagger against the side of my neck. "What you doing, madame?" He snarled with a taunting leer.

"The stud was loose." I answered mildly. "Merely fixing it before it fell off."

"Ha! Let me see that!" He yanked at it with one hand while pressing the knife point with the other.

I gave a gasp as the point opened a slight wound.
    I moved my foot and ground my heel into his instep.
    He gave a strong grunt and stepped away from me.
    I took advantage of the sudden release and brought my closed fist up and cracked him one across the nose.
    He gave a snarl and held his nose with one hand while retaliating with a sharp-knuckled blow to cheek and jawline, causing a laceration.
    My love's sharp gaze had fastened upon me at my involuntary gasp and he moved quickly to my side.
    "Lieutenant?" His voice and sense were vibrant with concern; he favored the guard with a cold, hard look.

"Is this how your side wins points?" Jim drawled, and I had to stifle a chuckle.

You tell him, my Correllian friend, I thought with amusement at the snark.

The unrepentant guard sneered and sheathed his weapon with an arrogant shrug, broadcasting clearly that he didn't care what any one of us thought.
    That was his blunder and miscalculation.

"You will regret that." Spock informed the guard.
    His voice was completely level, but his eyes held a guarantee.

/Sweet skies./ I sent to him in a rush of love.
    And his threat was well served.
    It took a few well-placed parries and thrusts hand to hand, and don't forget, all this was being recorded for posterity.

"Well," Chris said with amusement as she finished her ministrations, "I'd hate to see the opposition."

My eyes twinkled.
    "Quite the sight, let me tell you."

The bandages were white and sterile against the dark shades of my skin.
    I looked paler than normal as a result of the blood loss. The bruising would fade with time.

Spock had not left my side, and his hand was clasping mine tightly. He examined me closely, ensuring I was not feeling unsettled or any lingering hurt.

"Was it worth the risk?" I asked lowly, my glance full of warmth and concern for his own emotional serenity, which I felt he was still trying to regain.

He gave my hand a light squeeze.
    "Of course, Nyota." The words were only a half-truth.

I sensed the qualification, and I melted totally at it.

"Those goons never had a chance, I hear." Jana remarked, coming up to see how I was doing.

"Nurse John," I said with a formal tone, but a wry wink, "Not a sliver of one."

She laughed and moved on as Chris left to file a report.

A day or so later, I was working in the lab with Janice, taking on light tasks, but steadily increasing the workload.
    Our shift was about over, so I sent my darling a note:
    "Your emotional and tangible, physical support of me is a touching thing, my sweet lover, and I want to thank you for it. I'm feeling much more the thing now, so I can show, not just tell, you later." I appended a kiss and a mischievous pair of emoticons.

His answer came promptly:
    "My own:
    You are very welcome, and as for your displays of affection, I look forward to them.
    I read this particular quote recently and felt it suited you and I perfectly:
    I was dead until you found me, though I breathed. I was sightless, though I could see. And then you came...and I was awakened."

I beamed and told Janice: "I just got this fantastic reply to my note."

"I can finish up here." She laughed. "Go on."

I didn't have to be told twice.

I was lounging on the bed wearing something soft and especially clingy, with a volume of classic verse in my hands, when my love joined me.

Spock's eyes devoured me, and then his hands followed suit as the volume slid from my hands to the carpeted floor.
    I smiled warmly, returning the hug.
    "Hi. I was wondering where you were."

"I brought you something that I know you have been waiting eagerly for. I was awaiting the artist's final perusal."

He produced a lovely portrait - Jana's handiwork - of Luke and Mara ... on the beach, sporting towels and grins and little else. The sun was setting behind them in a beautiful panorama.
    Luke's arm was around Mara, and her jade eyes were sparkling.

I smiled, holding the edges of the frame and taking in every detail. "Superb! Just wonderful!"

"She will be doing the Kyp/Eliziya one next." He related.

"Oh!!!! That particular one is going in my you-box for sure." I said with a low chuckle.

He rested his hands on my shoulders and looked deeply into my eyes, wanting to assure himself doubtless of my physical well-being and ... stamina.
    He certainly couldn't question my willingness.
    "Spock, you have to know that I meant everything I wrote." I smiled invitingly. "Your reply was so lovely. How could I defer the gratification any longer?"

"I don't wish to tire you out." He objected. "Ashal-veh, you just got a medical release yesterday."

"Just you try and keep up with me!" I said with a laugh and enveloped him in a tight and enthusiastic grasp.

As he returned my heated, ravenous kisses, he was assured I was definitely "in the pink" again.

+++++++

Tags and [:D]

Hazel

---------

RX_Sith

-----------

earlybird-obi-wan

-----------

Mira_Jade

----------------

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A perfect combination of adventure, sweet lines and love in the end

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Awww. [face_love]

First off, great intrigue with the mission there at the beginning. The poor guard had no idea what he was messing with there. Spock in 'protective' mode . . . just . . . *fangirl sigh* . . . that will never get old, that's all I'm saying. [face_mischief][face_love] I loved him helping through her recovery, and their time as a couple after. Each and every instance is just strengthening their bond more and more. [face_love]

Fantastic work, again. =D=

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great blend of emotions here :)

14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great rescue by Spock and great emotions at the end to show that he cares for Nyota completely. [face_love]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ~~~!!

"An Evening Under the Stars"

We were on a world of beautiful waterfalls in pristine lakes, surrounded by forested hills and verdant glades.

During a sunset picnic by one of these waterfalls, I found a certain delight in how the light of the setting sun shone off the misted rainbow created by the nearby cascade of water, and also found pleasure in Nyota's delight.

"This has been a wonderful day." She smiled. "Despite the fact that when we rowed across the lake earlier, you almost tipped the boat over by tickling me!" She winked.

I took her hand in mine while reaching back into the basket. I withdrew a velvet-lined box. "I had this custom-made for you. I wished for it to be remarkable and unique. I hope it meets with your approval?" I told her as she opened it.

It was a betrothal ring of white gold, whose faceted gems were in the shape of stars. They shone brilliantly. The metal of the band eventually became imbued with the sentiments of the giver. Thus, I knew it conveyed my commitment and other feelings.
    Nyota cradled it in her hands, examining its radiant jewels and the pattern.

"Spock, love. Is this what I think it is?" Her eyes sparkled.

"It is."

"Hmmm. I was beginning to wonder about when would you present me with this little tangible token." She teased.

"Indeed?" I teased back, raising both brows at her. "I did not know there was any cause for doubt or concern."

"I almost thought you were going to forgo the entire gesture. Makes me consider: Should I accept it or what?" She continued, with apparent thoughtfulness.

I gazed at her in startlement.
    "Is there a truly valid reason why you should not? Why you wouldn't?" I asked, with genuine curiosity.

Our bond was suspiciously not elucidating her inner state. I began to suspect she was indulging in one of her favorite pastimes.
    Her reaction confirmed this assumption.

I laughed softly.
    "Darling ... no-- I love it. And you!!!" I was floored by the ring's loveliness and by the depth of the passion and love I sensed emanating from it.

"The metal becomes attuned to the sentiments of the giver." Spock told me, sensing my amazement and the reason.

He slid it on for me, and I smiled widely.

We reached to embrace, and our kisses were decidedly passionate and elated.
    "I cherish you, my own ashal-veh." He said with infinite tenderness.

Then, we expressed our love under the stars - gently, at length.

+++++++
    Thanks and tagging: RX_Sith ___ Hazel ___ earlybird-obi-wan ___ Mira_Jade

[:D] [face_dancing]

16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A beautiful ring to show Spock's sincerity for Nyota and their eternal bond of love across the stars.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A beautiful planet with waterfalls;) , a ring[face_love] lovely post

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wonderful @};-

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Just absolutely gorgeous. Melt-worthy on all accounts - there's just no other way to put it. [face_love]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I'm so glad! [face_dancing] This particular moment is special and once-in-a-lifetime and I wanted it to be a blend of funny and tender. [face_love] !!!!!!

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ~~~!!

"Bothered, Inexplicably"

Sulu was in the phase of his relationship when he and Ms. Yolette Boudreaux were beginning to explore what they each felt as an initial attraction and interest, to see if it might go further.

He was speaking ruefully of Yolette's meeting someone she had dated prior, whom she had not kept in contact with, and had no interest in doing so from this point onwards.

"I told Yolette that I wasn't upset by the incident. Even though I know on one level it meant nothing, it still unsettled me, for some odd reason."

"And she'll probably do something extra to make you know for sure you're special to her." Lieutenant Johnson remarked.

"It couldn't hurt, and it will doubtless wind up being fun too," Sulu grinned.

This conversation reminded me of a situation when Stefan Sloane came for a brief stint as a special consultant to integrate new computer subroutines and failsafes.

Mr. Sloane was a very close friend of her brother-in-law, and his sister, Briann, had been in Nyota's sister's bridal party.
    Nyota had been delighted to see him and had spent much time reminiscing and "catching up."
    I could tell he was more than a little enthralled by her attention.
    I knew that she didn't return the burgeoning interest or encourage it.
    I certainly didn't begrudge him the time or her friendship.
    Furthermore, I did not question or doubt her in the slightest ...

Yet apparently, it unnerved me for some inexplicable reason.
    This became evident when she joined me for the evening meal in the main dining area with Mr. Sloane in tow.

"He's hanging onto her like a limpet." The Doctor commented lowly.

Jim laughed. "Not that, hardly. She wouldn't stand for that kind of thing."

"They are merely taking advantage of his brief time with us," I remarked.

"'Fess up, Spock! You can't tell me it doesn't bother you a little bit?" Jim asked. "A very little?"

"Of course I am not disturbed in the slightest."" I insisted.

There was no reason why I should object. But as she laughed and teased with mr. Sloane, somehow ...

The day before Mr. Sloane was to depart, he was enjoying a fast-paced game of chance with several enthusiasts.
    "Want to join us, Ny?" He asked courteously.

"Thanks, but no. I've never been able to follow the rules of this game." Nyota commented. "You go ahead. Have a good time." She grinned, taking my hand in hers.

As we exited the rec area, I asked if she was sure she didn't want to stay and at least watch.

"I'm positive." She squeezed my hand.

We settled on the sofa, with warm drinks and soft music. She leaned against my shoulder, and I slid an arm around her.
    "I believe Mr. Sloane has derived a great deal of satisfaction from both the professional and personal aspects of his time here." I remarked.

"Personal? How do you mean?"

"Seeing you again, being able to supply you with updates on friends, and entertain you with his dubious taste in jokes."

She groaned. "He does have a fondness for puns."
    Then, Nyota caught a touch of something in my tone or across our connection, perhaps.
    Her eyes widened.
    "Hey! You can't think I've encouraged him?"

"No." I stifled a sigh. "Nyota, I cannot explain it; there is no rationality to my reaction, but it would be futile of me to deny that I ..."

She took a sip of her drink and admitted:
    "He has been monopolizing me, I must confess. But it was so fun catching up on friends in common."

"I would never resent the time that you spent with a friend you had not seen in a while." I answered.

"I know you wouldn't. Are you thinking that if we'd socialized more back home, he and I would have become a couple? There was never a spark of that, and wouldn't be even if we spent every evening from now ad infinitum with one another."

I told her: "I am relieved to hear that, although you never gave me cause to wonder about the nature of your past or potential acquaintance."

"To be honest, I missed spending evenings with just the two of us, also." Nyota allowed, smiling warmly.

I was feeling more at ease with each of her assurances.
    Although I knew these things intellectually, at the same time it brought tranquility to hear her verbalize them.

Nyota set down her mug of tea, then straddled me with a laugh.
    Her hands were everywhere on me, and she blew softly in my ear before saying tenderly:
    "You're the only one who can or ever will be able to curl my toes. Don't you know that?"

I squeezed her against me.
    "Curl your toes ...?"

"Yes. You're fantastic at it and at everything else." She quietly said between kisses.
    She paused and smirked proudly. "You missed me, shamelessly ... You can't stand it that I was spending so much time with Stefan."

"You are welcome to make that inference." I teased, kissing the tip of her nose.

"Spock pookie bear, what other could there be?" She commenced to tickle me, and I reciprocated.

Our eyes held for a long moment with laughter and love in the glance.

I lifted her up and in no time we were wrapped up tightly around one another.

Nyota remarked:
    "You'd never catch me cuddling with Stefan like this, either. Not ever! And yet ... In spite of the fact that after he was gone, I'd be all yours again, you were still stresssing out over it."

"Ashal-veh, I told you that there was no rationale to the ..."

She smiled. "Yes, dearest heart. There really is: it's part and parcel of your love for me."

"In that case, it makes sense after all." I answered

Nyota grinned, and I began to trail soft kisses and nibbles from her pulse point and in the hollow of her throat and ended up at her lips.
    "I wish to take advantage of having your undivided atttention again."

"My delicious love. I am delighted to give it to you!! I can tell you!" She exclaimed with elation.

Stefan Sloane as well as practically everything else beyond the two of us slid away from our minds as we occupied ourselves most divertingly.

++++++

Thanks so much and tags:

RX_Sith ----- Mira_Jade --------- Hazel ------ earlybird-obi-wan -- :D :)

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Fun update with Spock showing his 'unnerved me for some inexplicable reason.' And the doctor and Jim's comments[face_laugh] The end was squeelishly lovely

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hehehe!! I think Spock was jealous ;)

24. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jealous and still able to knock Nyota's socks off! :D

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ha haaa! This was utterly adorable. Yes, not jealous at all! ;) [face_mischief] Nyota set him quite straight in the end, though. In the best of ways. [face_love]

=D=